g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
Anthony Martial image 9

Anthony Martial France flag

2017-18 Performances

View full 2017-18 profile

6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

FerociousCorgis

Reactionary as always, and very short-sighted. Martial has been a scapegoat all season, when he's been one of the top performers on the team. He comes off the bench and scores or assists, 'oh, well he's playing against tired legs so of course he would'. He becomes a starter and scores or assists, 'oh well he doesn't puncture a lung on all of his runs and doesn't smile, he doesn't care.' The whole team performs terribly, but no...let's single out the 22 yr old who just got his starting spot.
He came back from a long way out from last season, and it all came crashing down again when Sanchez was signed. I remember very well many on this thread who are taking a giant dump on him now who were saying that he was a key player then, and that the Sanchez arrival wouldn't disturb that because Jose, in all his wisdom, will play Alexis on the right wing and have Martial on the other wing since he was impactful there game-in, game-out. I, among others, said watch how Mourinho is going to screw this up, and he has. Now you have a Martial who still had some inconsistencies this season (which you can say that about every fecking player on this squad not named De Gea), but unlike last year, even when he played poorly he would either score or assist. The lad now is clearly one foot out of the door, and I don't blame him one bit. He's got no confidence to his game after he managed to build it back up all of this season, for a player who could play on the right effectively but instead has taken his spot, who is 29 and not getting any younger, and who's good performances you could count on one severed hand.

Mourinho is not getting to this team, and has done a piss-poor job managing the players' motivation and cohesion. When you have a manager who never takes any blame for himself and throws it all at his players' feet, who in their right mind thinks that translates well over to the locker room?! I don't care how much better their season is compared to last, they will be worse next season under him because every deflection of the blame he takes, he is going to be losing the locker room more and more, just like he did at Chelsea, just like he did at Madrid, and just like he will wherever he goes next. But yeah, sure, let's sell Pogba and Martial while Mourinho keeps reminding us of how he beat United and has won more than the club has at every embarrassing defeat.

The same people who say there are too many excuses for Martial are the exact same people who use him as the scapegoat for a loss and go missing from the thread when he's won this team points.
exactly. Martial had more goals in the 3 games prior to sanchez signing than sanchez has with us in the months he has been here now. Yet people still want to bash him for apparently "not competing for his spot". He worked his ass off and then gets shunted right back out for a new guy who isnt doing jack shit yet retains his spot in sanchez. I was all for sanchez signing and essentially called people idiots for saying sanchez would play at LW. I thought with how well the rotation of martial and rashford was working that no way would mou be stupid enough to bring in another LW. Except apparently i was wrong and he is that dumb. People love watching sanchez run around and lose the ball. They just claim it is him being "creative" and things will go wrong. Minus the fact that half of his turnovers seems to be from him dribbling the ball right into players. Pretty sure sanchez can try his stupid little lofted dink pass through the middle from the right side and we can actually have an attacking LW who scores and assists regularly. Think it was posted in the progression/stagnation thread, but someone posted all the stats of how we have actually regressed this season, and are pretty damn lucky (and mainly to DDGod) that we are in 2nd place-for what that is worth considering how far behind city.

I just don't get how mou is taking this team forward. I swear we talk about the same things every week the WHOLE damn season. Players look like they have never played together offensively. This is just completely unacceptable considering the so called talent we have there. We have absolutely nothing from our fullbacks going forward. We have a huge hole at the RW slot. We try and overload the leftish central area of pitch and make it so easy for teams to defend against us. Why are we not stretching a team like WBA and making them defend the entire backline? I could play LB for the teams we play with how little we make them defend. Shit i could prob get forward better than valencia/young as well. Oh and what the feck is going on with matic? Dude looks so freaking old and slow right now in the central mid of the park. Id rather just have herrera sitting in there he could do that job ten times quicker at this point of the season. Matic needs to recoup and rest this summer and get his damn legs back. If we go and buy 2 actual fullbacks this summer i think that gives us a shot at next year if we add another piece in central midfield. If we go in with young/valencia anywhere near the starting lineup consistently then we are just screwed and will be fighting for more scraps again. Hopefully sanchez has to actually earn his place next season as well and can't rely on excuse of new team. Swear he has had maybe 3 good halves since coming here.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Reactionary as always, and very short-sighted. Martial has been a scapegoat all season, when he's been one of the top performers on the team. He comes off the bench and scores or assists, 'oh, well he's playing against tired legs so of course he would'. He becomes a starter and scores or assists, 'oh well he doesn't puncture a lung on all of his runs and doesn't smile, he doesn't care.' The whole team performs terribly, but no...let's single out the 22 yr old who just got his starting spot.
He came back from a long way out from last season, and it all came crashing down again when Sanchez was signed. I remember very well many on this thread who are taking a giant dump on him now who were saying that he was a key player then, and that the Sanchez arrival wouldn't disturb that because Jose, in all his wisdom, will play Alexis on the right wing and have Martial on the other wing since he was impactful there game-in, game-out. I, among others, said watch how Mourinho is going to screw this up, and he has. Now you have a Martial who still had some inconsistencies this season (which you can say that about every fecking player on this squad not named De Gea), but unlike last year, even when he played poorly he would either score or assist. The lad now is clearly one foot out of the door, and I don't blame him one bit. He's got no confidence to his game after he managed to build it back up all of this season, for a player who could play on the right effectively but instead has taken his spot, who is 29 and not getting any younger, and who's good performances you could count on one severed hand.

Mourinho is not getting to this team, and has done a piss-poor job managing the players' motivation and cohesion. When you have a manager who never takes any blame for himself and throws it all at his players' feet, who in their right mind thinks that translates well over to the locker room?! I don't care how much better their season is compared to last, they will be worse next season under him because every deflection of the blame he takes, he is going to be losing the locker room more and more, just like he did at Chelsea, just like he did at Madrid, and just like he will wherever he goes next. But yeah, sure, let's sell Pogba and Martial while Mourinho keeps reminding us of how he beat United and has won more than the club has at every embarrassing defeat.

The same people who say there are too many excuses for Martial are the exact same people who use him as the scapegoat for a loss and go missing from the thread when he's won this team points.
Didn't we find out in another thread that you don't even support United? Or am I mistaken?

Icemav

If he wants to get sold I suppose that was the type of appearance that will help. The minimum at our club is to show hunger and commitment. Despite his first appearance for several matches, and us needing impaxt from the bench, he noticeably sauntered around and left us exposed on the left side. Terrible attitude. I suppose the guy wants to play striker or something, but even then his laziness will be a problem... couldnt imagine the he doing the tireless work of Lukaku for 90 minutes.

He will be moved on.

Last edited:

Micky Targaryen

11 goals 11 assists this season and he's shunned to the bench. Imagine if he had as much game time as Lukaku this season.
Getting real tired of seeing his goals and assists stats being brought up. If it was that simple, we would've a fixed XI every week.

Martial's a decent player, with potential to get better, and he's still young, so all he has to do is keep his head up and continue working hard and impress on the pitch. I'd love it if he stays with us, but if he starts sulking or look disinterested because he isn't given more starts, then he should leave.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Didn't we find out in another thread that you don't even support United? Or am I mistaken?
I'm not a supporter, but who cares? I still would like to see a more entertaining Manchester United and its players doing well. I like Lukaku, De Gea, Sanchez, Pogba, Martial and I want to see them do well, especially the latter two being they are fellow countrymen.

Last edited:

Ashley R1+O

His movement off the ball is so bizarrely dreadful. Beyond explanation as to how he will be standing miles behind an attack doing nothing, milling about inside when he should be getting up the outside. Last night there was a play where Lingard dribbled across the last line and Martial stood still until Lingard had completed about 25 yards of dribbling almost straight into him. Get up the line lad.

If he want's to go then he can go. I think he genuinely is a coaching lost cause. What a really weird proposition from the player that showed some minor promise under LVG.

Footyislife

B

Best post summarizing the situation. Let's stop criticizing players when we have a manager who thinks playing with 6 attackers 1 slow midfielder and 3 defender equals a balanced team. He's grasping at straws.

Thing of the starting lineup. Pogba, Lukaku, Mata, Sanchez. All players who love to operate centrally. Shockingly WBA made it looking easy congesting the middle playing narrow. Then he blames Pogba and whatever players for not succeeding when tactically it's an idiotic move. Our fullbacks never take risks, overlap, and try to win 1v1s. So when teams clog up the middle we struggle a lot in breaking teams down. And it's all tactics related which Mourinho just seems to ignore all season, rotating players hoping someone will crack the code?!?!

Then he brings on Lingard to further clog the middle of the park, when he could have just deployed Pogba as a true no. 10 instead of a midfield 3. Then he brings Martial to stretch the field which is wise, but shoves him to play LWB after 5 mins to further clog the middle with Rashford??? David Moyes and his insane crossing tactics doesn't sound to far off from what I saw today.

redIndianDevil

His movement off the ball is so bizarrely dreadful. Beyond explanation as to how he will be standing miles behind an attack doing nothing, milling about inside when he should be getting up the outside. Last night there was a play where Lingard dribbled across the last line and Martial stood still until Lingard had completed about 25 yards of dribbling almost straight into him. Get up the line lad.

If he want's to go then he can go. I think he genuinely is a coaching lost cause. What a really weird proposition from the player that showed some minor promise under LVG.
Martial is right footed, so of course he wants to stay inside. Besides that type of situation is not just due to Martial, no one in the entire team knows how to move and create space, no one in our team knows how to make options available for the one with the ball by making runs. It's due to lack of coaching, I agree Martials movement is poor but so is rest of the team's.

redIndianDevil

B

Best post summarizing the situation. Let's stop criticizing players when we have a manager who thinks playing with 6 attackers 1 slow midfielder and 3 defender equals a balanced team. He's grasping at straws.

Thing of the starting lineup. Pogba, Lukaku, Mata, Sanchez. All players who love to operate centrally. Shockingly WBA made it looking easy congesting the middle playing narrow. Then he blames Pogba and whatever players for not succeeding when tactically it's an idiotic move. Our fullbacks never take risks, overlap, and try to win 1v1s. So when teams clog up the middle we struggle a lot in breaking teams down. And it's all tactics related which Mourinho just seems to ignore all season, rotating players hoping someone will crack the code?!?!

Then he brings on Lingard to further clog the middle of the park, when he could have just deployed Pogba as a true no. 10 instead of a midfield 3. Then he brings Martial to stretch the field which is wise, but shoves him to play LWB after 5 mins to further clog the middle with Rashford??? David Moyes and his insane crossing tactics doesn't sound to far off from what I saw today.
Good post. The tactics were an abomination today, but the manager once again boasts of his 8 title wins while throwing his players under the bus again.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Good player and good talent but not suited for Mourinho so in order to further his career, he should definitely look to leave. By saying this, I don't deny the fact that he's been poor himself, too fecking laid back and casual. All in all, perfect timing for him to leave this summer as he will probably miss the final french squad for the WC and it will disappoint him big time.

Icemav

Good player and good talent but not suited for Mourinho so in order to further his career, he should definitely look to leave. By saying this, I don't deny the fact that he's been poor himself, too fecking laid back and casual. All in all, perfect timing for him to leave this summer as he will probably miss the final french squad for the WC and it will disappoint him big time.
I think he will find he isnt suited to all top clubs and definitely the entire premier league if his attitude of entitlment doesnt disappear. The guy was fresh having not played, and was given 25 minutes to prove a point and run like a madman. Instead he just sauntered around like it didnt matter a damn bit. Amazing he gets paid for vast sums of money.

kouroux

I thinknwe will find he isnt suited to all top clubs and definitely the entire premier league if his attitude of entitlment doesnt disappear. The guy was fresh having not played, and was givem 25 minutes to prove a point and run like a madman. Instead he just sauntered around like it didnt matter a damn bit. Amazing he gets paid for vast sums of money.
I prefer Martial to Rashford but what I like about Rashford is that he plays like every game is the most important one of his life. At a certain level, being casual just isn't good enough and I feel like some players think it's cool to play like that.

Icemav

Well said, Jose makes players think too much and play without creativity. They are scared of taking any chances, Martial at least goes forward.
Does Jose make him think too much about tracking back and working hard in defense? It must be complicated to understand that jogging back and not closing down is pathetic. He is lazy and arrogant imo.

Icemav

I prefer Martial to Rashford but what I like about Rashford is that he plays like every game is the most important one of his life. At a certain level, being casual just isn't good enough and I feel like some players think it's cool to play like that.
I agree totally. Its like a 16 yo trying to act cool. This is a professional sport at the highest level! He needs a reality check, but I suppose the checks keep rolling in.

As to his talent, he can make some fantastic contributions with unique bits if skill. I want more of that. But at the same time I dont want prima donna cowards in the squad irrespective of their quality. If he wants to act like an arrogant teenager and pick up a paycheck there are a few lower/mid table teams around Europe that will cater to him.

Ashley R1+O

Martial is right footed, so of course he wants to stay inside. Besides that type of situation is not just due to Martial, no one in the entire team knows how to move and create space, no one in our team knows how to make options available for the one with the ball by making runs. It's due to lack of coaching, I agree Martials movement is poor but so is rest of the team's.
The rest of the teams movement isn't poor at all and it has nothing to do with the lack of coaching. If anything he's probably over coached and might be scared to break rank positionally (makes more sense really and if so he needs to pull his bollocks out and put them on the line or like I said, he'll never be viable and he should leave).

This feels like a lazy deflection response to an individual trait in a player. "Well everyone was crap and don't move so ho hum..", when no, I don't see any of our other attacking players not making runs and making themselves available on the opposing line. We were chasing the game with him playing on the entire left flank and he was still refusing to position himself on the offensive line and break it by making runs.

I've on'y seen this phenomenon in Martial. I don't see Lingard just not making runs at all, his entire game excel's on his ability to move off the ball (he is definitely not as good as Martial or Rashford on the ball). Same with Sanchez, Lukaku and Mata.

This only goes to highlight more the fact that it is bizarre and I don't know how Jose would go about coaching him to make runs and move off the ball better. Especially with his contract up in the air and history of mental deficiency. I want him to come good but I don't really see it at all and I see specific things he needs to work on and I don't see him improving at all. (Much like Mkhi with his ability to keep possession.)

Worrying. But the door is there if he can't handle it.

kouroux

I agree totally. Its like a 16 yo trying to act cool. This is a professional sport at the highest level! He needs a reality check, but I suppose the checks keep rolling in.

As to his talent, he can make some fantastic contributions with unique bits if skill. I want more of that. But at the same time I dont want prima donna cowards in the squad irrespective of their quality. If he wants to act like an arrogant teenager and pick up a paycheck there are a few lower/mid table teams around Europe that will cater to him.
The only player who should be allowed to play like that are the ones who are extremely productive (best example being Messi), even Ronaldo has a sense of urgency during attacking.

haram

I'm not a supporter, but who cares? I still would like to see a more entertaining Manchester United and its players doing well. I like Lukaku, De Gea, Sanchez, Pogba, Martial and I want to see them do well, especially the latter two being they are fellow countrymen.
You care about the player. Not the club. Even before I realised that you are not a United supporter, that was clear. You just want Martial on the pitch regardless.

Cant believe I wasted my time thinking you were a United fan. All your posts make sense now.

Andersons Dietician

The rest of the teams movement isn't poor at all and it has nothing to do with the lack of coaching.
The rest of the teams movement is shocking, no one makes any effort to create space for anyone, there are no crossover runs, no spins they all seem to just be looking out for number 1. They stand like statues and admire their pass instead of moving to the next phase of the move.

I do think they are possibly coached to stay within a shape but at a certain point when you’re in the final 3rd they have to makes runs and create space and options for others to use or get on to something and they just don’t. I’d put that down to coaching not being implemented.

If you compare the way Pools front 3 work for each other compared to us and the selfless runs they make to create the space they are light years ahead of us in that department.

I do agree Martial needs to make more options inbehind, but take yesterday for example he was calling for the ball about 8 times in acres of space and it never came and also the ball wasn’t put in front of him but behind on the odd occasion it got to him. He was on the edge of their box 5 times in achres of space whilst everyone had gathered around the penalty area. All it would have taken was an easy pass across the box so he could get a strike away. The one time someone did pick him out was Sanchez with a rubbish pass that Martial still somehow managed to side foot volley towards their goal.

R'hllor

When it comes to our players ( Martial included ), there is a split on opinions in here about players based on their relationships with a manager.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
I do feel for him but he really needs to take these opportunities and show Mourinho that dropping him was a mistake. Rashford comes on and pretty much gives everything in closing down, attempting to run at opponents. etc. Martial, on the other hand, just doesn't seem very interested - he's always had a calm and nonchalant demeanor but he must try harder.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Why would Salah go from Chelsea to eventually Liverpool after improving as a player?

Also Spurs are currently a better team than United
The two are completely different. Salah was not good when he was at Chelsea, and it took him multiple years at Roma to get to a top level.

Martial is already good enough to play as a squad player for us, and if he improves then he will play for the best teams in the world (Madrid, Barca, Bayern etc.), not Arsenal or Spurs.

Mr PG

Nothing Martial can do when we play so slow defenders are already set by the time he receives the ball. What's he supposed to do. Compare with how liverpool or City forwards receive the ball early. Mourinho blames the players when he sets up the team this way.

Mr PG

All of Mane, Salah, Firmino would look worse than Martial in this United team.

Jig1234

Of course. They would all have the life sucked out of them by Mourinho. I would be more defensive towards Mourinho if few a players looked like footballers under him. He has not improved a single player he inherited or even the players he bought.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
If I remember correctly, the best that we have seen from Shaw-Martial was during the short period of time where Shaw was willing to run with the ball with speed, combine with Martial and offer an option by overlapping, right? When you compare it with young and Martial, they basically have the same game and play in the same area, they both need a runner that hugs the touchline and no one is willing to do that, you can even add Sanchez to the equation. Young doesn't fit Sanchez and Martial while Martial-Sanchez don't fit Young, they are all forced to do everything by themselves.

Rajma

Of course, since they're not expected to beat two/three players from standing positions to create something like Rashford and Martial, as they receive the ball into the space with one defender facing them on the front foot. Given our static approach and the snail speed at which we're moving the ball forwards gives every defence a chance to regroup and get back into positions.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
If I remember correctly, the best that we have seen from Shaw-Martial was during the short period of time where Shaw was willing to run with the ball with speed, combine with Martial and offer an option by overlapping, right? When you compare it with young and Martial, they basically have the same game and play in the same area, they both need a runner that hugs the touchline and no one is willing to do that, you can even add Sanchez to the equation. Young doesn't fit Sanchez and Martial while Martial-Sanchez don't fit Young, they are all forced to do everything by themselves.
A right footed left back with a right footed winger just won’t ever work. Everyone wants to work and cut back to the inside.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
The two are completely different. Salah was not good when he was at Chelsea, and it took him multiple years at Roma to get to a top level.

Martial is already good enough to play as a squad player for us, and if he improves then he will play for the best teams in the world (Madrid, Barca, Bayern etc.), not Arsenal or Spurs.
Salah wasn't good enough as he wasn't given chances. He played 500 mins for Chelsea, how can he prove his worth with just 500 mins? Even in that he scored 2 goals and assisted 1.

He was loaned out to Fiorentina and he made instant impact. That's why Fiorentina wanted to make it permanent and he made some shady thing to sign for Roma. Inter were also interested but they didn't as Fiorentina threatened to take everyone to Court for breaking the contract.

There is a common theme with Salah, KdB, Lukaku at Chelsea. None of them were given any chances to prove their worth.

roonster09

Scout
Yeah, Shaw used to make lot of runs and hold the width even though his end product was poor. He was involved in the build up play and provided width. With Young it's always cut back in, problem with this is even our winger is right footed player playing as LW. w exact same players but take turns to attack the fullback in the exact same way. When one is attacking, other won't even make overlapping runs or runs behind defense. At least Shaw made the runs and played different game.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
The rest of the teams movement isn't poor at all and it has nothing to do with the lack of coaching. If anything he's probably over coached and might be scared to break rank positionally (makes more sense really and if so he needs to pull his bollocks out and put them on the line or like I said, he'll never be viable and he should leave).

This feels like a lazy deflection response to an individual trait in a player. "Well everyone was crap and don't move so ho hum..", when no, I don't see any of our other attacking players not making runs and making themselves available on the opposing line. We were chasing the game with him playing on the entire left flank and he was still refusing to position himself on the offensive line and break it by making runs.

I've on'y seen this phenomenon in Martial. I don't see Lingard just not making runs at all, his entire game excel's on his ability to move off the ball (he is definitely not as good as Martial or Rashford on the ball). Same with Sanchez, Lukaku and Mata.

This only goes to highlight more the fact that it is bizarre and I don't know how Jose would go about coaching him to make runs and move off the ball better. Especially with his contract up in the air and history of mental deficiency. I want him to come good but I don't really see it at all and I see specific things he needs to work on and I don't see him improving at all. (Much like Mkhi with his ability to keep possession.)

Worrying. But the door is there if he can't handle it.

The teams movement, especially in the final third, is terrible.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
A right footed left back with a right footed winger just won’t ever work. Everyone wants to work and cut back to the inside.
Yeah, that's most likely the obvious answer. None of them are good enough on their left foot to provide balance and not cut inside or make runs toward the touchline.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Salah wasn't good enough as he wasn't given chances. He played 500 mins for Chelsea, how can he prove his worth with just 500 mins? Even in that he scored 2 goals and assisted 1.

He was loaned out to Fiorentina and he made instant impact. That's why Fiorentina wanted to make it permanent and he made some shady thing to sign for Roma. Inter were also interested but they didn't as Fiorentina threatened to take everyone to Court for breaking the contract.

There is a common theme with Salah, KdB, Lukaku at Chelsea. None of them were given any chances to prove their worth.
:boring:

You're trying too hard to bash the manager. All 3 of those players had extensive loan periods to develop. Martial developed while playing at the club and is good enough to play for top teams already, not Fiorentina and Roma.

This is not a player being frozen out of the squad like Salah, KdB or Lukaku. This is a player that has a squad role and wants to be a regular starter.

roonster09

Scout
:boring:

You're trying too hard to bash the manager. All 3 of those players had extensive loan periods to develop. Martial developed while playing at the club and is good enough to play for top teams already, not Fiorentina and Roma.

This is not a player being frozen out of the squad like Salah, KdB or Lukaku. This is a player that has a squad role and wants to be a regular starter.
I don't have to try too hard. There are so many points and I'm not even making up anything.

These players didn't develop because of extensive loan periods, they were right away good players for the loaned clubs. Salah was consistent performer in CL too and he was very well known player. KdB had superb season at Bremen and then against was loaned out.

Martial was having good start to the season and then his position was messed up with lack of proper plan for our youngsters. I don't blame Jose for signing Sanchez as he is superb player and when you have opportunity you have to sign them, likewise I won't blame Martial if he wants out for not getting regular football. I will surely blame Jose for not having a proper plan to integrate the players and keep the squad happy.

InfiniteBoredom

He's usually very quick to quash transfer rumours but has yet to do this time despite the news being out for a week or so.

This doesn't look good. I still hold out for a glimmer of hope that he'd stay but everything points to an exit.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
I don't have to try too hard. There are so many points and I'm not even making up anything.

These players didn't develop because of extensive loan periods, they were right away good players for the loaned clubs. Salah was consistent performer in CL too and he was very well known player. KdB had superb season at Bremen and then against was loaned out.

Martial was having good start to the season and then his position was messed up with lack of proper plan for our youngsters. I don't blame Jose for signing Sanchez as he is superb player and when you have opportunity you have to sign them, likewise I won't blame Martial if he wants out for not getting regular football. I will surely blame Jose for not having a proper plan to integrate the players and keep the squad happy.
I must've missed Salah scoring a goal a game at Fiorentina or Roma. I must've missed KdB being a midfield general at Werder Bremen. Losing Martial would be far worse than losing Salah, Lukaku and Kdb at Chelsea. Martial is ready for the top level while those 3 players were not when they were frozen out of the team!

It's arguable whether they were mistakes in the first place because Chelsea had ready made players in their positions and have won the league multiple times since their departure.

The only way selling Martial is acceptable is if we replace him with someone like Dybala, who is at a good age profile and a very good player. Selling Martial outright and not adding to the squad would be a sackable offense! We do not have the luxury like Chelsea had of having a title winning team.

Kaos

If Jose ends up selling Martial and replaces him with someone Perisic (who Jose will probably eventually have playing LB for us) then I'll be livid.

Status
Not open for further replies.