Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

northender

Supports
Preston North End
The best system for United right now is Martial with Lukaku up top and Lingard running around behind.

It gets the best out of those 3 and Rashford is well out of form right now.

Reactions: KM

Mr Smith

Yeah. I'm actually baffled how it hasn't been acknowledged by the media. I've only heard Gary Neville mention it, other than that it seems to go under the radar.

I've seen them set themselves up a lot this season. I bet they've got the most combined set up goals and assists between them in our team, which brings me to wondering why Mou hasn't tried to stick more with a front 2 of them or at least play Martial more centrally, meaning closer to Lukaku since he won't drop the latter and martial seems to elevate and combine well with Lukaku.
Rashford is the media's darling. And Rashford shouldn't be blamed for that, as he did have an explosive start to his career, but the fact of the matter is that the media cares a lot more when Rashford is doing well than when Martial is doing well.

I agree its great to see him combining well with Lukaku. I think he benefits from having that kind of player to make runs off.

Suedesi

He's an underrated crosser of the ball. He has a habit of actually crossing to a United player, a trade that is lost on most of our crossers.
I like his technique when he just stands up the ball for Lukaku in the far post rather than the Mkhi/Rashford approach which is to cross as hard as possible usually aimlessly, preferably blind.

SteveW

That little chipped cross to the back post he's always doing is so effective. If the defender gets tight he beats him, if he stands off he does that. Beautiful

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I don't think it really matters if we play with 2 strikers or 1 striker as long as we give Martial sort of free role. Even this game he wasn't strictly left winger, he was all over the pace.

King Kunta

4312 or 3412 is the way to go imo. The former probably being better for Pogba.

Martial Lukaku
Lingard
Pogba Matic Herrera
Shaw Jones Bailey Valencia
DDG

Martial Lukaku
Lingard
Shaw Pogba Matic Valencia
Jones Bailey Lindleof
DDG

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain

Anyone else excited about his album?

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Has a real, functioning brain and that's one of the differences between him and Rashford. The sink cross to Lukaku, when Lukaku was just offside, was so refreshing. Rashford gets into that position and absolutely leathers the ball. Martial picks out Lukaku on a real strength of his.

He's strong and quick, a good dribbler and a good finisher. The consistency is coming. He loves us and we love him!
Well put. We can see the logic behind all his attempts.

United never give up

Martial Lukaku
Lingard
Pogba Matic Herrera
DDG

Martial Lukaku
Lingard
Jones Bailey Lindleof
DDG
I really like the look of the former, however I feel that it requires full backs who are more accomplished in an attacking sense, as that formation really requires the full backs to provide a lot of the width to the team.

Also, in the second team I'd put Smalling in instead of Lindelof, otherwise your team selection seems to be exactly what I'd pick as well!

Foxbatt

Martial is not selfish like Rashford. He also has much better dribbling and close control than Rashford. Defenders are scared of him. Rashford has speed and a very good shot but Martial has speed and a very good shot too. He is much more talented but the British Press would not give him the credit. It is the Rooney situation again where they all supported him even when he was shite for us.

Decomposing In Paris

Martial is not selfish like Rashford. He also has much better dribbling and close control than Rashford. Defenders are scared of him. Rashford has speed and a very good shot but Martial has speed and a very good shot too. He is much more talented but the British Press would not give him the credit. It is the Rooney situation again where they all supported him even when he was shite for us.
I really don't mind that the English press are being supportive of Rashford. I'm also not bothered that they aren't trying to turn Martial's head about a move to Madrid or whatever. Rashford is the local boy who is 2nd choice for 2 positions in one of the better teams in world football, and I think that's what he'll stay if I'm honest.

James Peril

Martial Lukaku
Lingard
Pogba Matic Herrera
DDG

Martial Lukaku
Lingard
Jones Bailey Lindleof
DDG
How hard is it to spell the names of our players correctly? It’s Bailly, and Lindelof/Lindelöf for that matter :p

arnie_ni

Martial Lukaku
Lingard
Pogba Matic Herrera
DDG

Martial Lukaku
Lingard
Jones Bailey Lindleof
DDG
Not to derail the thread. But you forgot smalling

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Obviously not a United player guys, sell him and get Perisic.
...or buy Perisic and play Martial sparingly.
This way, Martial will develop AND we get to have a top quality LW in the team, who can cross the ball.
In 3 years when Perisic begins to fade, Martial will take over.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies

Gary Neville is not amused.
Gary Neville has proven his bias towards English players for years. Don't think he criticised Rooney once despite him being on 300 grand a week and turning in awful performances week after week.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
The Old Trafford faithful and travelling fans certainly appreciate him. His song is typically the one bellowed the loudest on match days.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
This way, Martial will develop AND we get to have a top quality LW in the team, who can cross the ball.
Yeah, because he'd stick around for that long while being played sparingly.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
The Old Trafford faithful and travelling fans certainly appreciate him. His song is typically the one bellowed the loudest on match days.
Yup, he's easily one of our most popular players. No surprise as he's our most exciting forward.

Fracture90

Exactly, even last season when he was struggling in games, the fans were significantly his song.

jungledrums

Not important, obviously, but I didn’t know we had paid all the add-ons. In which case, Martial has been a clear success. I’m getting really tired of the Neville brothers high pitched shrill voices.
Just getting sick of retired united players piping up with their fecking antagonistic opinions. Do they miss the limelight so much? Love Martial, feck this bs about his cost.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days

Gary Neville is not amused.
Daft idiot. Martial didn’t choose his fee, he should be allowed the same conditions to develop as any other young player at the club. I wonder if he used to give Ronaldo shit for costing £12m and Fletcher a free ride because he came through the academy?

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
So we paid £58m for him then? Wow, I must of slept through our Premier league and champions league win then. Oh, and congrats on the Balor d’or win Martial!!

Decomposing In Paris

So we paid £58m for him then? Wow, I must of slept through our Premier league and champions league win then. Oh, and congrats on the Balor d’or win Martial!!
I know, in that context it was money well spent, and Rashford would rightfully be happy with a place on the bench.

Well worth tipping Monaco that extra £2m half way through the tweet too.

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
Neville can be a real idiot.

Not important, obviously, but I didn’t know we had paid all the add-ons. In which case, Martial has been a clear success. I’m getting really tired of the Neville brothers high pitched shrill voices.
There's 3 add-ons at €10m a piece. We've paid one or two of them already. Not the one rumored to be contingent on Ballon d'Or shortlisting (not winning it) obviously.

Or just forget about flipping Perisic...! What we really need is a RW.

Status
Not open for further replies.