6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Water Melon

My only gripe with him is that he doesn't play with purpose or intensity when he has the ball. Alexis plays with purpose with or without the ball and quickens the tempo which is something that Martial doesn't do as much as I'd like to see because he has the ability. Even Tahith Chong who now plays in the u-23 team immediately upon receiving the ball explodes and wants to make things happen and plays with great intensity wanting to take the game to the opposition. Kluivert at Ajax is another young wide player that is similar to Chong in that regard.

Martial for someone who has very good dribbling skills and pace is too passive in alot of games considering he has the tools to show so much more.
I agree with this, however, our frontline needs some understanding between themselves to do bursting forward effectively. Quite often any player who is carrying the ball (be it Sanchez, Lukaku, Lingard or even Rojo) will run for 20-30 meters and then just stop for 2-3 seconds waiting for his teammates to catch up or make themselves available. Once we improve our off the ball movement and give a bit more freedom to our fullbacks, we will be flying at full speed and intensity.

J_Red 11

How do you expect to get the best out of Martial if we keep asking him to make better crossing (better service) for Lukaku? He's more of inside forward rather than old school winger. Drop Lukaku and play Martial Sanchez Lingard front three. Bring Lukaku in for the plan B. Martial doesn't suit for plan B type of player.

ti vu

How do you expect to get the best out of Martial if we keep asking him to make better crossing (better service) for Lukaku? He's more of inside forward rather than old school winger. Drop Lukaku and play Martial Sanchez Lingard front three. Bring Lukaku in for the plan B. Martial doesn't suit for plan B type of player.
Thing is Martial is yet truely matured as plan A. Either him or Alexis will be no 9 in your suggested set up. As no 9, Martial doesn't occupy and stretch opposition defense enough. He prefers drop behind and shoot in the area in front of the defense line. If Alexis is no 9, it's square one as Martial would have the same issue to supply Alexis, who would have too much on his hand.

J_Red 11

Thing is Martial is yet truely matured as plan A. Either him or Alexis will be no 9 in your suggested set up. As no 9, Martial doesn't occupy and stretch opposition defense enough. He prefers drop behind and shoot in the area in front of the defense line. If Alexis is no 9, it's square one as Martial would have the same issue to supply Alexis, who would have too much on his hand.
No, it won't be a square one because Alexis is so much more mobile than Lukaku and so much better on the ball than Lukaku. Alexis last season had the most through ball attempts in the league, which sums up he's not a player who prefers crossings as well means also not benefit for Lukaku's style.

But, this will benefit for Martial who plays on the left, means Alexis will drop deeper to get the ball from centre as a result he draws defender out of position and Alexis will be able to supply the through ball for Martial & Lingard who cut inside and made the run. This is why I mention Martial Alexis Lingard trio because three of them are fluid trio, they can exchange their position in the game just like Tevez, Ronaldo, Rooney trio. Martial doesn't need to supply crossing anymore on Alexis, he can do through ball to Alexis (it'll be silly to play a lot of crossing with Alexis as a striker)

And Martial as a no 9 is still more mobile than Lukaku, remember the goal that he scored against Spurs this season and the goal he scored against Wolfsburg in his first season as a striker? We hardly see Lukaku does that type of run even though he has pace.

ti vu

No, it won't be a square one because Alexis is so much more mobile than Lukaku and so much better on the ball than Lukaku. Alexis last season had the most through ball attempts in the league, which sums up he's not a player who prefers crossings as well means also not benefit for Lukaku's style.

But, this will benefit for Martial who plays on the left, means Alexis will drop deeper to get the ball from centre as a result he draws defender out of position and Alexis will be able to supply the through ball for Martial & Lingard who cut inside and made the run. This is why I mention Martial Alexis Lingard trio because three of them are fluid trio, they can exchange their position in the game just like Tevez, Ronaldo, Rooney trio.

And Martial as a no 9 is so much more mobile than Lukaku, remember the goal that he scored against Spurs this season and the goal he scored against Wolfsburg in his first season as a striker? We hardly see Lukaku does that type of run even though he has pace.
I think you are projecting your optimism, but not the attributes Martial has. Martial is very different from any of Tevez, Rooney, Ronaldo. Just because Alexis dropped deep doesn't make Martial automatically runs in behind, occupies defenders... It's clear even when Martial plays as no 9. He tries to ghost into the space in front of the defender to finish. Martial ain't cutting in front of defenders enough even when there is plenty space. This is not just this season, under Mourinho nor LVG.

Alexis to drop deep with Martial not running behind the defense, or channel enough is actually backfiring with our players stepping on each other toes on paper. If anything, Lukaku style is the best to complement Martial. Both of them need to improve to get it better. Martial is better than Lukaku in protecting the ball and since his dribbling is superior he can at time carry the ball better. However, mobility is not what can be used to describe Martial as better to compare to Lukaku as both pretty much only come to life in final third while in the build up they are not all that now you can see how a player like Alexis does.

You need to watch more football. Lukaku scored those kind of goal every here and there. Problem is that we don't give him the suffcient service and Martial is also part of the problem.

Just example:

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I agree with this, however, our frontline needs some understanding between themselves to do bursting forward effectively. Quite often any player who is carrying the ball (be it Sanchez, Lukaku, Lingard or even Rojo) will run for 20-30 meters and then just stop for 2-3 seconds waiting for his teammates to catch up or make themselves available. Once we improve our off the ball movement and give a bit more freedom to our fullbacks, we will be flying at full speed and intensity.
Playing a high line could maybe improve things in that regards when Bailley returns. In the game against Spurs our two midfielders and Lingard were miles apart hence Sanchez dropping deep to try and influence the game.

Just to add to what I said about Martial earlier. He needs to play with purpose when he has the ball and take more risks when he's dribbling by engaging the opposing fullback. In the game against Burnley he scored the winning goal and it was a great finish, but I think that goal glossed over a very average performance. He just seems so static for large periods of the game that I feel he's not doing justice to the ability he has. Someone on the Caf said he is better than what Sanchez was showing at 22. I completely disagree, Sanchez at 22 was at Udinese and he was playing the game with the same intensity and purpose as he is now. Ribery is another player that Martial gets compared to but again, Ribery when he was a young player in France playing for Marseille was probing, purposeful, threatening when he had the ball, Ribery was a real live wire. Unfortunately can't say the same about Martial yet.

ti vu

Playing a high line could maybe improve things in that regards when Bailley returns. In the game against Spurs our two midfielders and Lingard were miles apart hence Sanchez dropping deep to try and influence the game.

Just to add to what I said about Martial earlier. He needs to play with purpose when he has the ball and take more risks when he's dribbling by engaging the opposing fullback. In the game against Burnley he scored the winning goal and it was a great finish, but I think that goal glossed over a very average performance. He just seems so static for large periods of the game that I feel he's not doing justice to the ability he has. Someone on the Caf said he is better than what Sanchez was showing at 22. I completely disagree, Sanchez at 22 was at Udinese and he was playing the game with the same intensity and purpose as he is now. Ribery is another player that Martial gets compared to but again, Ribery when he was a young player in France playing for Marseille was probing, purposeful, threatening when he had the ball, Ribery was a real live wire. Unfortunately can't say the same about Martial yet.
I think people tend to talk about final ball when compare Martial to other players. One thing for sure, Martial touch, final ball is quite consistently good for his age. A football game is not just about the end product especially for team that struggle to create, build up. Alexis was even more explosive back in the days than now. If anything, I was worried that he has gotten lazier during his time at Arsenal, and happy to see he still has the drive in him.

J_Red 11

I think you are projecting your optimism, but not the attributes Martial has. Martial is very different from any of Tevez, Rooney, Ronaldo. Just because Alexis dropped deep doesn't make Martial automatically runs in behind, occupies defenders... It's clear even when Martial plays as no 9. He tries to ghost into the space in front of the defender to finish. Martial ain't cutting in front of defenders enough even when there is plenty space. This is not just this season, under Mourinho nor LVG.

Alexis to drop deep with Martial not running behind the defense, or channel enough is actually backfiring with our players stepping on each other toes on paper. If anything, Lukaku style is the best to complement Martial. Both of them need to improve to get it better. Martial is better than Lukaku in protecting the ball and since his dribbling is superior he can at time carry the ball better. However, mobility is not what can be used to describe Martial as better to compare to Lukaku as both pretty much only come to life in final third while in the build up they are not all that now you can see how a player like Alexis does.
That's non sense though, we played the best football against Everton this season without Lukaku and played more on the feet with more quick passing (no more hoof ball & crossing). Our front three Mata, Martial, Lingard were very fluid, imagine if we have Sanchez instead of Mata, it'll be so much better. Martial might not be the best runner who find space like Chicharito or Cole, but he's better than Lukaku in this aspect. If anyone needs significant improvement that will be Lukaku's movement so he can play with the likes of Valencia, Shaw, Martial, Pogba Alexsis & Lingard. We don't have players who can give him 9/10 crossings & hoof ball.

Sorry but if 75m-90m striker is complaining from Martial's service, have a look at RVP who played with Cleverley, Young, Valencia & Welbeck.

You need to watch more football. Lukaku scored those kind of goal every here and there. Problem is that we don't give him the suffcient service and Martial is also part of the problem.

Just example:

Wow really? Me need to watch more football? Did you even watch the video before you posted it?

Watch the video, all the goals were pure crossing & hoof ball service (which the style that we have been playing this season). Only 3 goals came from through ball with Lukaku made the good run vs Croatia, USA, Estonia (Just not enough!).

1st goal vs Russia (From crossing or tap in), 2nd goal vs Russia (hoof ball + strength), 3rd goal vs Netherland (hoof ball + strength), 4th goal vs Croatia (through ball), 5th goal vs Croatia (pure power & strength),
6th, 7th & 8th goal vs Luxembourgh (Nothing indicate of good movement just standard Lukaku vs lesser team), 9th goal vs Sweden (long shot), 10th goal vs USA (through ball),
11th goal vs Iceland (crossing or tap in), 12th goal vs Portugal (crossing), 13th goal vs Switzerland (crossing), 14th goal vs Finland (crossing), 15th goal vs Norway (long shot),
16th goal vs Ireland (long shot) & 17th goal vs Ireland (crossing or tap in), 18th vs Bosnia (long shot), 19th vs Estonia (crossing) 20th vs Estonia (through ball),
21st vs Greece (crossing), 22nd & 23rd vs Gibraltar (crossing) & (PK), 24th vs Greece (crossing), 25th vs Cyprus (pure strength), 26th vs Mexico (crossing), 27th vs Mexico (crossing), 28th vs Japan (crossing).

How do you expect Martial to play crossing & hoof ball service? We need Baines, Giggs & Beckham service to get the best out of Lukaku. There is a reason why he only scored 2 goals against top 10 sides this season.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I think people tend to talk about final ball when compare Martial to other players. One thing for sure, Martial touch, final ball is quite consistently good for his age. A football game is not just about the end product especially for team that struggle to create, build up. Alexis was even more explosive back in the days than now. If anything, I was worried that he has gotten lazier during his time at Arsenal, and happy to see he still has the drive in him.
Martial has fantastic technical ability to that there's no question. But until he starts to express himself and shows that intensity and drive when he has the ball, which is within his capabilities he will not reach his potential.

In the present, stats are quite prevalent when players are being discussed. But if Martial doesn't up his game when he's on the ball and show his potential then there will be a new kid on the block who will put numbers up and play with intensity/purpose in his place in the not too distant future.

Water Melon

Martial has fantastic technical ability to that there's no question. But until he starts to express himself and shows that intensity and drive when he has the ball, which is within his capabilities he will not reach his potential.

In the present, stats are quite prevalent when players are being discussed. But if Martial doesn't up his game when he's on the ball and show his potential then there will be a new kid on the block who will put numbers up and play with intensity/purpose in his place in the not too distant future.
Do not see this happening anytime soon. Martial's already quite prolific this year. He has shown his potential a lot, particularly this season. Defenders usually double up on him, as they know exactly what he is capable of. Taking into account the fact that our full backs are less adventurous going forward than usual, Lukaku is not really mobile to drag defenders away, Tony M is usually still able to beat a player or two, but after that he needs support. Also, note, how many times Sanchez loses the ball due to an inaccurate pass. I doubt that Jose will want another player that would play in such a risky way. As for Ribery's and Alexis' younger times, they were playing under different managers in different setups. Martial's early games with us, as well as during his Monaco's show that the lad is one of the best youngsters in the world. To sum it up, I am sure that Jose instructs all our players to play under certain instructions. Our forward line needs to gel with our midfielders, our overall collective game needs to improve. As of now, I do not think anything suggesting that Martial is doing less than he should. As for improving, every player needs something to improve on, and that includes Lukaku, Rashers, Lingard, Mata, Martial. Feck I am sure that even Mbappe can improve further.

ti vu

That's non sense though, we played the best football against Everton this season without Lukaku and played more on the feet with more quick passing (no more hoof ball & crossing). Our front three Mata, Martial, Lingard were very fluid, imagine if we have Sanchez instead of Mata, it'll be so much better. Martial might not be the best runner who find space like Chicharito or Cole, but he's better than Lukaku in this aspect. If anyone needs significant improvement that will be Lukaku's movement so he can play with the likes of Valencia, Shaw, Martial, Pogba Alexsis & Lingard. We don't have players who can give him 9/10 crossings & hoof ball.

Sorry but if 75m-90m striker is complaining from Martial's service, have a look at RVP who played with Cleverley, Young, Valencia & Welbeck.

Wow really? Me need to watch more football? Did you even watch the video before you posted it?

Watch the video, all the goals were pure crossing & hoof ball service (which the style that we have been playing this season). Only 3 goals came from through ball with Lukaku made the good run vs Croatia, USA, Estonia (Just not enough!).

1st goal vs Russia (From crossing or tap in), 2nd goal vs Russia (hoof ball + strength), 3rd goal vs Netherland (hoof ball + strength), 4th goal vs Croatia (through ball), 5th goal vs Croatia (pure power & strength),
6th, 7th & 8th goal vs Luxembourgh (Nothing indicate of good movement just standard Lukaku vs lesser team), 9th goal vs Sweden (long shot), 10th goal vs USA (through ball),
11th goal vs Iceland (crossing or tap in), 12th goal vs Portugal (crossing), 13th goal vs Switzerland (crossing), 14th goal vs Finland (crossing), 15th goal vs Norway (long shot),
16th goal vs Ireland (long shot) & 17th goal vs Ireland (crossing or tap in), 18th vs Bosnia (long shot), 19th vs Estonia (crossing) 20th vs Estonia (through ball),
21st vs Greece (crossing), 22nd & 23rd vs Gibraltar (crossing) & (PK), 24th vs Greece (crossing), 25th vs Cyprus (pure strength), 26th vs Mexico (crossing), 27th vs Mexico (crossing), 28th vs Japan (crossing).

How do you expect Martial to play crossing & hoof ball service? We need Baines, Giggs & Beckham service to get the best out of Lukaku. There is a reason why he only scored 2 goals against top 10 sides this season.
Now reality check for you

How many goals from through ball? Just because it's high ball from deep so it equals hoof ball? So Rooney's assist for RVP was considered hoofball in your opinion? Because it's from crossing, the forward is automatically in advantage and not having good movement? Strange, I never heard anyone claimed, RVP was hoofball & crossing dependant goal scorer. Perhaps, it's no 9 job to score many of those kind of goals instead only wait to cut in front of defensive line or wait for through ball?

If Martial can't provide what is required then it's his loss as ironically the goal against Tottenham you used as example was built from a long ball with Lukaku knocked on for Martial. Without that middle man to get the service to Martial, he is stuck in his own dimension and can be marked out of game.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Do not see this happening anytime soon. Martial's already quite prolific this year. He has shown his potential a lot, particularly this season. Defenders usually double up on him, as they know exactly what he is capable of. Taking into account the fact that our full backs are less adventurous going forward than usual, Lukaku is not really mobile to drag defenders away, Tony M is usually still able to beat a player or two, but after that he needs support. Also, note, how many times Sanchez loses the ball due to an inaccurate pass. I doubt that Jose will want another player that would play in such a risky way. As for Ribery's and Alexis' younger times, they were playing under different managers in different setups. Martial's early games with us, as well as during his Monaco's show that the lad is one of the best youngsters in the world. To sum it up, I am sure that Jose instructs all our players to play under certain instructions. Our forward line needs to gel with our midfielders, our overall collective game needs to improve. As of now, I do not think anything suggesting that Martial is doing less than he should. As for improving, every player needs something to improve on, and that includes Lukaku, Rashers, Lingard, Mata, Martial. Feck I am sure that even Mbappe can improve further.
When he was at Monaco, the opinion was he wasn't ready for such a move. He had some good games and showed his potential but wasn't ready for such a move was the general consensus. One French Journo was shocked that we had bought him for the amount we did. But don't get me wrong, I was as excited as anyone when he arrived.

As far as a young Ribery and Alexis, they would play the same style no matter who the coach is, that's their natural game. And I don't think Mourinho would discourage Martial from taking players on either because last season in one of the home games he was going ballistic at him and telling him to GO GO GO, when Martial was looking to come in field to pass it square to one of the midfield players and there was acres of space to run into on the left wing. Even a young Robben was electric as a youngster when he was on the ball under Mourinho at Chelsea.

He might have decent stats but for a player of his potential he doesn't express himself on the ball like a young Ribery, who he is compared to by many people. Like I said in my earlier post, Ribery was such a threat to opposing defences even when he was doubled up.

You might think no one will come into challenge him but Tahith Chong in my opinion is gonna cause Mourinho an almighty headache in the not too distant future.

J_Red 11

Now reality check for you

How many goals from through ball? Just because it's high ball from deep so it equals hoof ball? So Rooney's assist for RVP was considered hoofball in your opinion? Because it's from crossing, the forward is automatically in advantage and not having good movement? Strange, I never heard anyone claimed, RVP was hoofball & crossing dependant goal scorer. Perhaps, it's no 9 job to score many of those kind of goals instead only wait to cut in front of defensive line or wait for through ball?

If Martial can't provide what is required then it's his loss as ironically the goal against Tottenham you used as example was built from a long ball with Lukaku knocked on for Martial. Without that middle man to get the service to Martial, he is stuck in his own dimension and can be marked out of game.
No!! You got it wrong with high ball from deep & hoof ball.

The high ball from deep that we played with RVP was early ball or pass that we always release quickly in order to get the best out of RVP's mobility who likes to make intelligent run and great movement to get away from defenders (Sir Alex mentioned this). Rooney's assist to RVP vs Villa was one of the example of early ball from Rooney and combination of RVP's intelligent run.

Hoof ball what I meant is a ball where players don't need to make a run in order to receive the ball. It's like a hoof ball to Fellaini which he didn't make a run but just stay in the same position or just jog and control it with his chest. Hoof ball to Lukaku which he didn't make a run but just stay in the same position or just jog and protecting the ball from defenders behind his back or winning header by using his strength & power. Unfortunately, playing with just pure strength & power without intelligent movement aren't always enough against decent defenders now.

Lukaku wins that header for Martial goal vs RVP's intelligent run/movement are two different things. The point is Lukaku is pure target man like Berbatov both aren't mobile enough and RVP is very mobile.

You can't expect us to keep playing hoof ball with Martial, Alexis, Lingard & Pogba.

ti vu

No!! You got it wrong with high ball from deep & hoof ball.

The high ball from deep that we played with RVP was early ball or pass that we always release quickly in order to get the best out of RVP's mobility who likes to make intelligent run and great movement to get away from defenders (Sir Alex mentioned this). Rooney's assist to RVP vs Villa was one of the example of early ball from Rooney and combination of RVP's intelligent run.

Hoof ball what I meant is a ball where players don't need to make a run in order to receive the ball. It's like a hoof ball to Fellaini which he didn't make a run but just stay in the same position or just jog and control it with his chest. Hoof ball to Lukaku which he didn't make a run but just stay in the same position or just jog and protecting the ball from defenders behind his back or winning header by using his strength & power. Unfortunately, playing with just pure strength & power without intelligent movement aren't always enough against decent defenders now.

Lukaku wins that header for Martial goal vs RVP's intelligent run/movement are two different things. The point is Lukaku is pure target man like Berbatov both aren't mobile enough and RVP is very mobile.

You can't expect us to keep playing hoof ball with Martial, Alexis, Lingard & Pogba.
Then go back to your last comment about Lukaku in the video. You pretty much move goal post. Some of what you called hoof ball, were early pass (quality of execution can affect the outcome). Lukaku ain't elegant but he has the instinct to know where the ball drops and choose his position to score. He often be the first to react and keep moving. Just because he doesn't do many feint doesn't mean he is just static bog. Something anyone with open mind can easily see. What you wrote is all but confirming about you already made up your mind about player: both Lukaku and Martial. You project what Martial may do despite he doesn't do regularly. If anything, Martial style is comparable to that of Berbatov that he has the superior skill on ball th his feet yet he doesn't get involved enough. You talked as if Martial is on the same wave length as Alexis when reality points toward Alexis is to displace him doing his job previous job while assisting Lukaku with better service.

J_Red 11

Then go back to your last comment about Lukaku in the video. You pretty much move goal post. Some of what you called hoof ball, were early pass (quality of execution can affect the outcome). Lukaku ain't elegant but he has the instinct to know where the ball drops and choose his position to score. He often be the first to react and keep moving. Just because he doesn't do many feint doesn't mean he is just static bog. Something anyone with open mind can easily see. What you wrote is all but confirming about you already made up your mind about player: both Lukaku and Martial. You project what Martial may do despite he doesn't do regularly. If anything, Martial style is comparable to that of Berbatov that he has the superior skill on ball th his feet yet he doesn't get involved enough. You talked as if Martial is on the same wave length as Alexis when reality points toward Alexis is to displace him doing his job previous job while assisting Lukaku with better service.
You didn't get my point. My point was Lukaku isn't mobile enough to play with the way how we played with RVP while RVP was very mobile.

Let's take one of the example from Lukaku's video, the hoof ball from his 2nd goal vs Russia and his 3rd goal vs Netherlands, where's the intelligent run? where's the intelligent movement? That was just Lukaku watching the ball and jog, he didn't beat the defenders with his movement or run, he beat them with pure strength (that's why I put hoof ball + strength comment on my previous post).

Remember the free kick that Sanchez took against Huddersfield in the weekend? Sanchez took the free kick but Lukaku didn't make the early run and Sanchez was so furious with him. If it was RVP instead, I expect him to make the early run because of his mobility. No point to make early ball to Lukaku if he's not mobile and intelligent with his movement, this is why I said Lukaku will need to improve his movement in order to play with the likes of Lingard, Pogba, Martial & Sanchez.

Martial on the other hand is more mobile than both Berbatov & Lukaku, (I have mentioned his goals vs Wolfsburg & Spurs). It's not about how good players are on their feet. I'm talking the mobility of the players. Which is I believe it's possible to play front three with Martial Alexis Lingard rather than with Lukaku. We didn't play with Lukaku but played with Martial against Everton and it was the best football that we played this season with fluidity front three.

ti vu

You didn't get my point. My point was Lukaku isn't mobile enough to play with the way how we played with RVP while RVP was very mobile.

Let's take one of the example from Lukaku's video, the hoof ball from his 2nd goal vs Russia and his 3rd goal vs Netherlands, where's the intelligent run? where's the intelligent movement? That was just Lukaku watching the ball and jog, he didn't beat the defenders with his movement or run, he beat them with pure strength (that's why I put hoof ball + strength comment on my previous post).

Remember the free kick that Sanchez took against Huddersfield in the weekend? Sanchez took the free kick but Lukaku didn't make the early run and Sanchez was so furious with him. If it was RVP instead, I expect him to make the early run because of his mobility. No point to make early ball to Lukaku if he's not mobile and intelligent with his movement, this is why I said Lukaku will need to improve his movement in order to play with the likes of Lingard, Pogba, Martial & Sanchez.

Martial on the other hand is more mobile than both Berbatov & Lukaku, (I have mentioned his goals vs Wolfsburg & Spurs). It's not about how good players are on their feet. I'm talking the mobility of the players. Which is I believe it's possible to play front three with Martial Alexis Lingard rather than with Lukaku. We didn't play with Lukaku but played with Martial against Everton and it was the best football that we played this season with fluidity front three.
I used the video for his Belgium NT goal for one reason: even with technical players in support role in the team, it's not always smooth build up for goal. A good fowward need to put chances away regardless, which Lukaku did. Your initial point was about if we put this and this players together suddenly there space everywhere for through ball?

If you know how Lukaku play like you claimed, then I don't even need to pull the videos like I did because anyone who is familiar with him know he scored fair bunch of goals from through ball, leaving defenders for dead with his movement playing for West Brom, Everton; and RVP scored plenty from early pass, long pass and cross during his time with us. You move the goal post of your point from Lukaku being static with lack of movement; to crossing, hoof ball dependent, to not intelligent movement... All just to made it suit your set instone idea.

I claimed not Lukaku possessed more intelligent movement than RVP. What I pointed out was how you projected our own illusion when reality showed that no 9 scored plenty from crossing and early, long ball. Different players have different skill set and style, but the end goal is scoring goal using whatever mean available. The thing Martial can't show to be superior to Lukaku.

If you want to analysis mobility, then I suspect you're confused between being quick off standing still vs mobility. Lukaku was not involved much in the game overall when younger, but he has been improving much and in our shirt I can say he has great workrate and try to be involved a lot even if it reflect badly on his clumsiness. Involvement is still Martial's problem despite his ability on ball. Martial is far from being any of Ronaldo, Rooney, or Tevez. Again something only you project your optimism on, but not what reality suggests

J_Red 11

I used the video for his Belgium NT goal for one reason: even with technical players in support role in the team, it's not always smooth build up for goal. A good fowward need to put chances away regardless, which Lukaku did. Your initial point was about if we put this and this players together suddenly there space everywhere for through ball?

If you know how Lukaku play like you claimed, then I don't even need to pull the videos like I did because anyone who is familiar with him know he scored fair bunch of goals from through ball, leaving defenders for dead with his movement playing for West Brom, Everton; and RVP scored plenty from early pass, long pass and cross during his time with us. You move the goal post of your point from Lukaku being static with lack of movement; to crossing, hoof ball dependent, to not intelligent movement... All just to made it suit your set instone idea.

If you want to analysis mobility, then I suspect you're confused between being quick off standing still vs mobility. Lukaku was not involved much in the game overall when younger, but he has been improving much and in our shirt I can say he has great workrate and try to be involved a lot even if it reflect badly on his clumsiness. Involvement is still Martial's problem despite his ability on ball. Martial is far from being any of Ronaldo, Rooney, or Tevez. Again something only you project your optimism on, but not what reality suggests.
What?? :eek: That's not my initial point! Stop making things up try to defend yourself!

My point about Lukaku has always been that Lukaku isn't mobile enough and majority the service that we need to give him is play crossing. From the beginning of my post I have always talk about Lukaku lacks of mobility & the crossings stuff. Go re-read my post again on page 225 #88961 & #8963. I said:

How do you expect to get the best out of Martial if we keep asking him to make better crossing (better service) for Lukaku?
Martial as a no 9 is still more mobile than Lukaku, remember the goal that he scored against Spurs this season and the goal he scored against Wolfsburg in his first season as a striker? We hardly see Lukaku does that type of run even though he has pace.
And then you showed Lukaku's video, which clearly shows that I was right he's not mobile enough. Majority goals that he scored came from "crossing service" & "hoof ball service" which he didn't make intelligent run & movement, all he expects was wait for the service come to him. I only mentioned "through ball" because the only 3 goals that he scored due to he made a good run, three of them just happened to be from through ball service.

If player is static means they don't make enough good or intelligent movement or run. The service that we need to give him will be services like crossings, hoof ball and etc. How do you expect players like Martial, Alexis, Lingard & Pogba to do "crossing" & "hoof ball".

I never say Martial is anywhere near to be any Ronaldo, Rooney Tevez, I used it as an example that we should play fluid front three instead of playing with target man!

I claimed not Lukaku possessed more intelligent movement than RVP. What I pointed out was how you projected our own illusion when reality showed that no 9 scored plenty from crossing and early, long ball. Different players have different skill set and style, but the end goal is scoring goal using whatever mean available. The thing Martial can't show to be superior to Lukaku.
Wait what? Just because I said Martial is more mobile than Lukaku doesn't mean I said he is superior to Lukaku. My point is that we don't have the players to get the best out of Lukaku right now. It's much better if we play with Martial Sanchez Lingard fluid front three.

Last edited:

ti vu

What?? :eek: That's not my initial point! Stop making things up try to defend yourself!

My point about Lukaku has always been that Lukaku isn't mobile enough and majority the service that we need to give him is play crossing. From the beginning of my post I have always talk about Lukaku being static. Go re-read my post again on page 225 #88961 & #8963. I said:

And then you showed Lukaku's video, which clearly shows that I was right he's not mobile enough. Majority goals that he scored came from "crossing service" & "hoof ball service" which he didn't make intelligent run & movement and how do you expect players like Martial, Alexis, Lingard & Pogba to do "crossing" & "hoof ball". I only mentioned "through ball" because the only 3 goals that he scored due to he made a good run, three of them just happened to be from through ball service.

I never say Martial is anywhere near to be any Ronaldo, Rooney Tevez, I used it as an example that we should play fluid front three!

Wait what? Just because I said Martial is more mobile than Lukaku doesn't mean I said he is superior to Lukaku. My point is that we don't have the players to get the best out of Lukaku right now. It's much better if we play with Martial Sanchez Lingard fluid front three.
The what I said not to counter all that argument to this point?

Lukaku being static: show how he scored different type of goals than just battle for 50/50 trying to out-jump opposition.

Relying on crossing: RVP never got any kind of so called bad reputation when he scored majority of his goals for us started from crossings. in the end it's no 9 job to score whenever chances become available, and crossing is of the options.

You simply ignored the point. I don't compare their level of performance but talking about attributes. Any of Ronaldo Rooney Tevez have great intensity when they attack. They run their butt off even if the ball ain't end up reach them. Martial instead prefers a cut back. Just because a player is superior technically doesn't mean it would result in a fluid front 3. Character compatibility are required. Sacrifice is needed to bring out the best of others in that partnership. Berbatov is not immobile. He just doesn't feel like doing for the team's need. He popped up over the pitch not just stay in one zone. He just doesn't transit as the same pace and intensity as the team needed. Same thing can be applied to Martial if he doesn't improve his movement and intensity.

In front 3 with Alexis, if he doesn't stretch the defensive line enough, but just wait for cut back, then there is no space for Alexis if he is to cut inside to shoot. If Martial as a wide forward, he doesn't supply, then what is the difference between Alexis, Lukaku, Rashford playing this role, when the 3 just being there to stretch the defensive line?

J_Red 11

The what I said not to counter all that argument to this point?

Lukaku being static: show how he scored different type of goals than just battle for 50/50 trying to out-jump opposition.

Relying on crossing: RVP never got any kind of so called bad reputation when he scored majority of his goals for us started from crossings. in the end it's no 9 job to score whenever chances become available, and crossing is of the options.
Mate, how can't you see the difference between how RVP scored those crossings with Lukaku scored those crossings? Have you seen some of RVP, Chicharito & Rooney goals from crossings? They don't be static in the box like Lukaku or Berbatov, they keep moving around and try to get away from defenders, find their space and score. That's why in 2012/2013 they were able to score goals even with Valencia was being poor in that season & Young on the wing.

Nothing wrong with crossing, but Lukaku needs 9/10 service of rating to score those goals from crossing aka Beckham, Giggs, Baines. While the likes of RVP only needs 6/10 service of rating to score those goals from crossing.

You simply ignored the point. I don't compare their level of performance but talking about attributes. Any of Ronaldo Rooney Tevez have great intensity when they attack. They run their butt off even if the ball ain't end up reach them. Martial instead prefers a cut back. Just because a player is superior technically doesn't mean it would result in a fluid front 3. Character compatibility are required. Sacrifice is needed to bring out the best of others in that partnership. Berbatov is not immobile. He just doesn't feel like doing for the team's need. He popped up over the pitch not just stay in one zone. He just doesn't transit as the same pace and intensity as the team needed. Same thing can be applied to Martial if he doesn't improve his movement and intensity.

In front 3 with Alexis, if he doesn't stretch the defensive line enough, but just wait for cut back, then there is no space for Alexis if he is to cut inside to shoot. If Martial as a wide forward, he doesn't supply, then what is the difference between Alexis, Lukaku, Rashford playing this role, when the 3 just being there to stretch the defensive line?
How did I ignore your point, I was the one who used Ronaldo Rooney Tevez as an example so you should be the one who listen my point why I use it as an example. When did I ever mention a player need to be superior in technical in order to play in fluid front 3? I can mention Callejon, Mertens Inisgne front fluid three, three of them are mobile with good movement and adapt to play in more than just one position.

Such a nonsense if you don't think Martial doesn't have the high intensity to attack by playing in fluid front 3. Haven't you watch a lot of our counter attacks that involves with Martial's movement? Majority all of them were with great intensity when we attack. Being fluid is about movement not static. If you look at a lot of our counter attack that involve Lukaku, Lukaku basically being static instead of involved in the movement and basically just lay it off to someone, that's typical of target man.

I will say this again and again, our best game this season was the game against Everton with fluid front three Lingard, Martial Mata. Replace Mata with Sanchez, the fluid front 3 will be even better. If you watch the game against Huddersfield in the weekend you should know what I'm talking about and you should know the difference in the fluidity of our attack when Lukaku was off, even everyone were saying we looked so much better when Lukaku was off with Martial, Sanchez Rashford fluid front 3.

He just doesn't feel like doing for the team's need
:lol: You are funny. Instead of making excuse of "doesn't feel like doing it". Just admit that he's not mobile enough to play in fluid front three that's why when he plays is basically playing with target man.

Last edited:

ti vu

Mate, how can't you see the difference between how RVP scored those crossings with Lukaku scored those crossings? Have you seen some of RVP, Chicharito & Rooney goals from crossings? They don't be static in the box like Lukaku or Berbatov, they keep moving around and try to get away from defenders, find their space and score. That's why in 2012/2013 they were able to score goals even with Valencia was being poor in that season & Young on the wing.

Nothing wrong with crossing, but Lukaku needs 9/10 service of rating to score those goals from crossing aka Beckham, Giggs, Baines. While the likes of RVP only needs 6/10 service of rating to score those goals from crossing.

How did I ignore your point, I was the one who used Ronaldo Rooney Tevez as an example so you should be the one who listen my point why I use it as an example. When did I ever mention a player need to be superior in technical in order to play in fluid front 3? I can mention Callejon, Mertens Inisgne front fluid three, three of them are mobile with good movement and adapt to play in more than just one position.

Such a nonsense if you don't think Martial doesn't have the high intensity to attack by playing in fluid front 3. Haven't you watch a lot of our counter attacks that involves with Martial's movement? Majority all of them were with great intensity when we attack. Being fluid is about movement not static. If you look at a lot of our counter attack that involve Lukaku, Lukaku basically being static instead of involved in the movement and basically just lay it off to someone, that's typical of target man.

I will say this again and again, our best game this season was the game against Everton with fluid front three Lingard, Martial Mata. Replace Mata with Sanchez, the fluid front 3 will be even better. If you watch the game against Huddersfield in the weekend you should know what I'm talking about and you should know the difference in the fluidity of our attack when Lukaku was off, even everyone were saying we looked so much better when Lukaku was off with Martial, Sanchez Rashford fluid front 3.

:lol: You are funny. Instead of making excuse of "doesn't feel like doing it". Just admit that he's not mobile enough to play in fluid front three that's why when he plays is basically playing with target man.
All your argument is bunch of generic cliches. No substance but all your optimism projecting as if it was reality. Martial played with high intensity in our counter attacking but the same can't be said about Lukaku. Just trust me is your argument? Mourinho mentioned Martial needs to adapt to the intensity he wants us to play last season. Martial has improve, but it's still an ongoing development. Many people come to realize seeing what Alexis has to offer playing similar at higher intensity. Yet here you're just saying that your own opinion is the fairest judge on the matter.

Berbatov & static? Give me a break.

Does that look static? Are you sure you're not making stuff up at the moment?

Just because Berbatov has lower workrate and prefer to play at lower intensity thus lowering the team transition speed (one of the quickest team around at the time), then he becomes static in your opinion?

Do you think the Everton games were great Martial play no 9? Any chance due to Pogba for rare occasion play the wide playmaker role and looks like Zidane MK II. Did team and Martial in particular play at higher level that game or the key lies with Pogba playing a higher level? Either something is wrong with your eyes or you make thing up yet again. That game, we did not a front 3 at all. Players exchanging position perhaps, but Pogba occupy the left side of our attack more often than not and hardly anyone in front of him down that side most of the time.

Crossing ratio. Nice idea. What is the math behind it or is it head canon?

Rafael had his best season up to day in his career. Giggs, Nani still around. Rooney has great final ball at that time. Even fecking Cleverley can put in better cross. Young & Valencia is no worse than now and even to this day, they're our source of crossing many games they play. Here you're trying to say our crossing is better now than that season and it's Lukaku who is lacking. Great insight.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Martial is 4th choice striker. First choice is Lukaku, second choice is Sanchez, third choice is Rashford.

Martial has been shifted to the left by every manager he has played under; because he doesn't have the right playstyle for a striker. He prefers to run at players rather than past them into space (the striker must play on the last shoulder)

It has nothing to do with quality and everything to do with player profile. He is an explosive inside forward like Hazard. Play these players as strikers and their game becomes less effective because they cannot threaten the dribble into the box.

J_Red 11

All your argument is bunch of generic cliches. No substance but all your optimism projecting as if it was reality.
Mate, you failed to prove me wrong that Lukaku is not mobile enough; you ignore my comment when I gave an example of when Sanchez was pissed at Lukaku for not making the run; and I remind you that our best football that we played this season was when we played without Lukaku against Everton and that was when we actually played more on quick passings rather than hoof ball & crossing.

Martial played with high intensity in our counter attacking but the same can't be said about Lukaku. Just trust me is your argument? Mourinho mentioned Martial needs to adapt to the intensity he wants us to play last season. Martial has improve, but it's still an ongoing development. Many people come to realize seeing what Alexis has to offer playing similar at higher intensity. Yet here you're just saying that your own opinion is the fairest judge on the matter.
Did you even read my posts? Tell me when did I ever say any counter attack that involves Lukaku isn't high intensity? Here read it again:

Haven't you watch a lot of our counter attacks that involves with Martial's movement? Majority all of them were with great intensity when we attack. Being fluid is about movement not static. If you look at a lot of our counter attack that involve Lukaku, Lukaku basically being static instead of involved in the movement and basically just lay it off to someone, that's typical of target man.
The Lukaku's video that you used as your substance to prove me wrong actually show that I was right that Lukaku isn't mobile enough, and the fact is we have been playing the same way and tried to give him the similar services just like the services that he got in Belgium National Team. The problem is our players aren't suitable to deliver the services.

Let me make it clear for you yeah!
How many times we struggled when Lukaku in our team against top teams? Lukaku has only scored 2 league goals against top 10 sides, if the playing style what we are doing right now isn't working then we need to change something! That's why I give my suggestion to try a fluid front 3 Martial Alexis Lingard.

Berbatov & static? Give me a break.

Does that look static? Are you sure you're not making stuff up at the moment?

Just because Berbatov has lower workrate and prefer to play at lower intensity thus lowering the team transition speed (one of the quickest team around at the time), then he becomes static in your opinion?
Once again let me ask again, did you even watch the video before you posted it? You called that "movement"? You act like you got something what you called "substance", but then all those "substance" you have posted here actually prove my points are correct.

I show you a striker who has mobility in the box during the crossing service. See the difference between Rooney's movement with Lukaku or Berbatov's movement?

Do you think the Everton games were great Martial play no 9? Any chance due to Pogba for rare occasion play the wide playmaker role and looks like Zidane MK II. Did team and Martial in particular play at higher level that game or the key lies with Pogba playing a higher level? Either something is wrong with your eyes or you make thing up yet again. That game, we did not a front 3 at all. Players exchanging position perhaps, but Pogba occupy the left side of our attack more often than not and hardly anyone in front of him down that side most of the time.
The points are we played our best football against Everton without Lukaku & in that game we changed our style of play.

Crossing ratio. Nice idea. What is the math behind it or is it head canon?

Rafael had his best season up to day in his career. Giggs, Nani still around. Rooney has great final ball at that time. Even fecking Cleverley can put in better cross. Young & Valencia is no worse than now and even to this day, they're our source of crossing many games they play. Here you're trying to say our crossing is better now than that season and it's Lukaku who is lacking. Great insight.
What a logic isn't it. Lukaku struggles to score goals against top 10 sides with better players behind him like Martial, Pogba, Lingard, Sanchez. But RVP & Rooney didn't struggle to score goals against top 10 sides with Welbeck, Cleverley, Valencia & Young behind them. I wonder what makes the difference between Lukaku with RVP & Rooney. Well, I think the answers are pretty clear which what we have in our argument. Even Henry criticised Lukaku's movement in the early season and it's been more than half of the season and he hasn't improve his movement.

J_Red 11

@ti vu

You know what, let's put this to end, this has gone too long. Whether you want to disagree or agree.

But the fact is we tends to be struggle against top team, Lukaku struggled to get the service and struggled to score goals against top 10 sides.

My original point is that if our players can't get the best out of Lukaku against top 10 sides or top sides, then something must change! That's why to me we should change our playing style by dropping Lukaku and play with the style that Martial, Lingard & Alexis more suitable, more fluid or movement & more quick passings. We did almost the same thing against Everton (our best game of the season), which the game we played without Lukaku and we played more on quick passings rather than crossing or hoof ball.

ti vu

@ti vu

You know what, let's put this to end, this has gone too long. Whether you want to disagree or agree.

But the fact is we tends to be struggle against top team, Lukaku struggled to get the service and struggled to score goals against top 10 sides.

My original point is that if our players can't get the best out of Lukaku against top 10 sides or top sides, then something must change! That's why to me we should change our playing style by dropping Lukaku and play with the style that Martial, Lingard & Alexis more suitable, more fluid or movement & more quick passings. We did almost the same thing against Everton (our best game of the season), which the game we played without Lukaku and we played more on quick passings rather than crossing or hoof ball.
Agree it needs to end because you clearly ignored everything else not fit your narrative.

Lukaku never feints anticipate crossing?
https://fullyfootball.com/crystal-palace-vs-everton-0-1-highlights-31012015-3699

Just as I thought, the clip you show just confirm what I already stated. You just mainly look for feint in movement and make it as if it how a player plays

Asked me whether I watched the clip I posted? How anyone else watched something like this can come up with static as description? The goal is the one in the previous video too. Rio and Vida must be overrated at this rate being left for dead letting astatic forward scoring with ease, by your opinion. Look at how many times Berbatov just beat offside trap with ease.

The clip you showed, is it any different than what I said about Berbatov playing at lower intensity? Clearly he prefers a slower build than the speed we moved the ball outwide then whip the ball in. The contrast with how Tottenham play is easy to spot with Tottenham let Berbatov into his zone, before speeding up the play. This is very similar to how Martial plays too.

At this point I doubt you even understand the terms being discussed: good movement, mobility, intensity... Your applaication for these terms were all over the place. Just because a forward can subtly and instinctly get to the end of the chance, the forward doesn't have mobility? Because the forward doesn't do feint to distract opposition, they're immobile?

Just as suspect you subscribed to mainstream punditry comment as cue for your opinion without watching enough games. If Lukaku ain't improving his movement, how did he score the goal vs Everton at home. The goal is all about movement after a badly executed free kick.

As I pointed out already, taking Lukaku out of the team, then Martial so called stats also being deducted. The goal vs Burnley, Tottenham being taken out of Martial tally then his own goal scoring record vs top 10. Lovely how one love to turn one player again another on a moot point regarding a fantasied fluid front 3 overlloking the flaw in Martial's game.

Your point is clear and it's been countered. We can agree to disagree

J_Red 11

Just as I thought, you would do anything to defend yourself by twisting my word and ignoring my point. I can't just ignore the stuffs that you made them up that I never say.

Agree it needs to end because you clearly ignored everything else not fit your narrative.

Lukaku never feints anticipate crossing?
https://fullyfootball.com/crystal-palace-vs-everton-0-1-highlights-31012015-3699
Who said Lukaku "never feints" anticipate crossing?

Remember when I told you the 3 only good run that Lukaku made when he scored for the Belgium out of 28+ goals from that video? I said 3 only isn't enough mate to show that his movement is good enough. Just because the player did it a few in his entire career doesn't mean it's good enough. That's like saying Tom Cleverley is so good with his long range passing because he did it 5 times in his life.

Just as I thought, the clip you show just confirm what I already stated. You just mainly look for feint in movement and make it as if it how a player plays
Really? Just mainly? Pretty sure feint movement isn't the only thing that we have discussed about Lukaku's movement.

Check what Henry said about Lukaku's movement which need to be improved: http://metro.co.uk/2017/08/13/thier...r-league-debut-for-manchester-united-6849835/

If an ex professional world class striker said the same thing as I did about Lukaku's movement, not sure why you are keep being stubborn to accept it.

Asked me whether I watched the clip I posted? How anyone else watched something like this can come up with static as description? The goal is the one in the previous video too. Rio and Vida must be overrated at this rate being left for dead letting astatic forward scoring with ease, by your opinion. Look at how many times Berbatov just beat offside trap with ease.

The clip you showed, is it any different than what I said about Berbatov playing at lower intensity? Clearly he prefers a slower build than the speed we moved the ball outwide then whip the ball in. The contrast with how Tottenham play is easy to spot with Tottenham let Berbatov into his zone, before speeding up the play. This is very similar to how Martial plays too.

At this point I doubt you even understand the terms being discussed: good movement, mobility, intensity... Your applaication for these terms were all over the place. Just because a forward can subtly and instinctly get to the end of the chance, the forward doesn't have mobility? Because the forward doesn't do feint to distract opposition, they're immobile?

Just as suspect you subscribed to mainstream punditry comment as cue for your opinion without watching enough games. If Lukaku ain't improving his movement, how did he score the goal vs Everton at home. The goal is all about movement after a badly executed free kick.

As I pointed out already, taking Lukaku out of the team, then Martial so called stats also being deducted. The goal vs Burnley, Tottenham being taken out of Martial tally then his own goal scoring record vs top 10. Lovely how one love to turn one player again another on a moot point regarding a fantasied fluid front 3 overlloking the flaw in Martial's game.

Your point is clear and it's been countered. We can agree to disagree
Again, let me ask you once more. Is one enough? Is three good run from Lukaku's goal out of 28+ with Belgium are enough? Has Tom Cleverley done enough to justify himself as a best passer? Has Bebe or Welbeck done enough to be called United quality (well they did score a few for us)? Don't make me laugh :lol:

In the entire video, there is only one moment which he made a good movement and that was the goal (see may be Lukaku should do that more often, it's not about the service, it's about the movement). But what about the rest of the video? There is no good movement off the ball at all. Watch 3:44-3:48, where's the movement when Keane pass it to him?? That's what I call static!

Yup, may be you should doubt everyone including Henry. Because you are the only who thinks you are right. Once again Berbatov goal vs United sums up my point, if you make good movement, even 6/10 service can be a goal. Top striker doesn't need 9/10 service in order to score. You are moaning about Lukaku lacks of service, may be you should moan about his own movement. Remember the goal that Lukaku scored against Southampton this season? There was no movement in that goal, if Young didn't deliver that 9/10 cross service to Lukaku, he ain't score that goal.

Last edited:

Zebs

Clare Baldings Daughter plays too much Wordscapes
Without a doubt my favourite current United player.

Nickosaur

Good for him, he's earned it. Which is why it kinda annoys me he's been shunted to the right or the bench the moment Sanchez comes in. Really hoping to see a front line of Sanchez on the right and Martial on the left soon.

Mush Yusuf

Martial if given the chance will be one of the best players in the world one day, he has all the attributes, everyone can agree he is still young so there will be some inconsistencies in his game but we have some of the brightest promising young talent in the league coming through together and before you know it they will all click leading us back to the top, have some patience!

Zebs

Clare Baldings Daughter plays too much Wordscapes
August: Pogba
September: Martial
October: Martial
November: Young
December: Lingard
January: Martial
Player of the season incoming!

Most pleasing though, is that DDG hasn't won any.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Player of the season incoming!

Most pleasing though, is that DDG hasn't won any.
Yeah, though it was very close in October - 1% between the two.

I'd be surprised if Martial gets player of the season.

Does everyone think he deserved it this month? Felt like one of his poorer months so far this season. I don't think him getting rewarded for that is good for Martial, he needs to improve but he seems like he buys into his own hype a bit at times.
Well the vote was between him, Lingard and Shaw. Shaw was dropped when Young returned to fitness while Martial's output in January was better than Lingard's but it could have gone either way with no real complaint.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
As regards intensity in his game, I think we'll see Sanchez having a positive impact.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Yeah, though it was very close in October - 1% between the two.

I'd be surprised if Martial gets player of the season.

Well the vote was between him, Lingard and Shaw. Shaw was dropped when Young returned to fitness while Martial's output in January was better than Lingard's but it could have gone either way with no real complaint.
Why would you be surprise by that? He keeps this form up and he's got it. Though with how things have gone in the past 2 recent games I might see why one would be skeptical.

With Sanchez arrival Mourinho has sort of sacrificed Martial, from position shift and already being benched in a league game, his chances of keeping his earlier form aren't that high.

His excellent form this season stemmed from a stable involvement in the league and playing in his favored positions. Right now with Sanchez around that becomes hard. I didn't want to believe it to be the case but so far signs aren't good.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Why would you be surprise by that? He keeps this form up and he's got it. Though with how things have gone in the past 2 recent games I might see why one would be skeptical.

With Sanchez arrival Mourinho has sort of sacrificed Martial, from position shift and already being benched in a league game, his chances of keeping his earlier form aren't that high.

His excellent form this season stemmed from a stable involvement in the league and playing in his favored positions. Right now with Sanchez around that becomes hard. I didn't want to believe it to be the case but so far signs aren't good.
You've basically summed up why. I think Lingard's going to get it - the players one at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.