Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Yup but it is always more the same hitting motion. He doesn't lace it (or rarely at least), he doesn't use the outside of the foot, he doesn't chip it. Great game nonetheless
You’re forgetting his first season, he has different finishes in his locker. Whats missing though is shooting from distance. He can do it but doesnt do it enough

UnitedChampionsAgain

Good performance. Was all for giving him 9 out of 10 but that miss at the end at a time when he was brimming with confidence gets him only a 7. That's the sort of miss which usually costs us. Everton with that chance would bury it.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
That fecking miss is gonna piss me off for a while. Seems like he was majorly pissed with it as well in fairness.

Ideally Martial would be just one valuable piece of a fully functioning attack, but he's so far ahead of our other options that we've no choice but to depend on him. Not a great situation for us to be in going forward, but it's not his fault.

Silas

To think some people were entertaining a swap deal for Willian. :lol:

Messed up badly at the end, but it was a great game from Tony overall.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
That fecking miss is gonna piss me off for a while. Seems like he was majorly pissed with it as well in fairness.

Ideally Martial would be just one valuable piece of a fully functioning attack, but he's so far ahead of our other options that we've no choice but to depend on him. Not a great situation for us to be in going forward, but it's not his fault.
Chill. Everyone misses chances. It was late in the game too. He was excellent today. Hope it makes him hungry to score in his next outing.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
MOTM, pressed wrong button to choose Pogba but Martial is my MOTM today. He missed a shitter one on one at the end, he should have never took too long to shoot, the closer you are with the goalkeeper one on one, the harder it is to score.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
I’m surprised Martial hasn’t hurt his back carrying this side.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Nice little post match interview with Pogba and Martial at the end by Sky.

Redknapp absolutely loving Martial. Says he can't understand why he hasn't played that much.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
All the time we persisted with Sanchez looks so poor in hindsight, he's still inconsistent and he'll lose the ball from time to time but we need to keep our faith in him. Really special talent, that was a sublime finish. I've no doubt that if he'd been playing consistently since January he would've put that to bed, he looked majorly annoyed when he missed which is good, hopefully he won't do it again.

Raven

Redknapp absolutely loving Martial. Says he can't understand why he hasn't played that much.
Have you the clip? I'd be interested to see it.

InfiniteBoredom

MOTM, pressed wrong button to choose Pogba but Martial is my MOTM today. He missed a shitter one on one at the end, he should have never took too long to shoot, the closer you are with the goalkeeper one on one, the harder it is to score.
Unless you are Fat Ronaldo.

In fact, it’d be a great idea if Martial is forced to practice that signature feint for an hour everyday until he masters it.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Can't believe he missed that chance at the end. I'd expect it from Lukaku or Rashford, but Martial is normally a cool customer in front of goal. His side foot into the corner finish he did a lot in his first season was needed. Ah well, played really well today. Hopefully he continues to play well & can become the player we all know he has the potential to be. MOTM.

Great strike for the first, also. He seems to be a confidence player, I don't think publicly criticising him is the way to go with him, works wonders with some, Martial ain't that type though. He is in similar form to what he was showing from November to January last season, then we signed Sanchez & derailed him lol.

Aloysius's Back 3

Again the ability of Martial comes from him finding free space just off the centre where he can target on RB or RCB. He does this often but when made to play as a pure winger - he is holding too wide and to the touchline facing a RB and RCB that are in their best positions- this leads to him finding it hard to struggle - or as the manager wants; crossing to be the only option from anyone out wide.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.

Seems to really rate Martial.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
Martial FC - we are feasting again! :drool::drool::drool:

We need gifs, can we post gifs in the football forum?

Greck

You know you're in trouble when an investment banker playing football manager is a better judge of young talent than your manager

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I always felt he puts in a decent shift defensively for a forward. But of course being favoured does help add a spring in your step.
He does but for some reason people say he isn't maybe because he doesn't work as hard as Park. Also no winger tracks back everytime, it's near impossible. If they do then they won't contribute much to the attacking game.

Anyways on the game, he was very good. His goal was very good and he is looking very confident in his overall play. Hopefully Jose won't feck it up once again.

cyberman

Can't believe he missed that chance at the end. I'd expect it from Lukaku or Rashford, but Martial is normally a cool customer in front of goal. His side foot into the corner finish he did a lot in his first season was needed. Ah well, played really well today. Hopefully he continues to play well & can become the player we all know he has the potential to be. MOTM.

Great strike for the first, also.
Its his right foot limitation. When he held into it for too long and wasn't able to sidefoot it then he's stuck. He doesn't seem to be able to put his laces through it and strike it cleanly.

OldTrevil

Great game, he understimated pickford for his chance but he will learn. Him and Pogba have a great understanding that will get better with more football.

Jazz

Great game, he understimated pickford for his chance but he will learn. Him and Pogba have a great understanding that will get better with more football.
They always had a great understanding. Mou just stopped that momentum dead with Sanchez coming in.

SteveW

Great performance. Unlucky at the end. He clearly wanted to dink it over Pickford but he didn't go to ground. It happens.

HJ12

What's clear is that left wing/inside forward spot should be his for the next while now. Sanchez will have to play back-up or as an alternative through the middle.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Sanchez needs to fight for Matas spot now you hope

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Funnily he's our joint top scorer alongwith Pogba who has taken a lot of penalties. For a team who lack attacking penetration, you cannot keep someone liker Martial on the bench.

Jazz

He better not get benched again by Mourinho or we bloody riot.

Status
Not open for further replies.