Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Funnily he's our joint top scorer alongwith Pogba who has taken a lot of penalties. For a team who lack attacking penetration, you cannot keep someone liker Martial on the bench.
Sky said he has scored four of his last five shots. I remember some saying he's not clinical or a great finisher but the stats speak for themselves. He doesn't shoot that much but when he does, more often than not it threatens.

There are complaints about his lack of finishing variety but even though most people know by now he's fond of that curling shot into the far corner, teams haven't really found a way to stop it.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Good performance. Was all for giving him 9 out of 10 but that miss at the end at a time when he was brimming with confidence gets him only a 7. That's the sort of miss which usually costs us. Everton with that chance would bury it.
Everton missed an open goal.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
I don't understand what you're laughing at. I mentioned if news stories are to be believed which don't sound far fetched to be honest.
Anyone on the caf could have done what Woodward did here, all he did was say no. That is not some transfer market excellence. Getting Martial was quite difficult on the other hand as many top clubs were after him when he was at Monaco. LVG said that he pushed very hard for Martial as he saw that he could be a special player in the future and admitted that the fee for him was way too high but felt it would be worth it if things go to plan.

LVG was also largely responsible along with Martial himself for his development, he was very good in is first season under him.

flappyjay

Since he got his kid, section had a proper go at him because he was used as weapon against JM, there was a moment when they made him into enemy of the club or something because of it.
It's like people suffer from amnesia when it suits them.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Looking like he did in the LVG season.

As a club you'll be kicking yourselves if he runs down his contract and joins Juventus or Barca or whoever.

Make him the focal point of your attack.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Best forward at the club, has been since he arrived.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Sky said he has scored four of his last five shots. I remember some saying he's not clinical or a great finisher but the stats speak for themselves. He doesn't shoot that much but when he does, more often than not it threatens.

There are complaints about his lack of finishing variety but even though most people know by now he's fond of that curling shot into the far corner, teams haven't really found a way to stop it.
& that other shot that wasn't a goal was that long range screamer in the first half, I believe.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
So are we going to give Woodward some credit for refusing to sell him, against Jose's wishes, in the summer?

flappyjay

Sort of like a certain bold headed Dutch winger. Everyone knows what he is gonna do but they can't stop it. With more practice Martial could be good as him at it

Canagel

He's got the potential to be top scorer in the PL if he plays every game. There's no limit to how far Martial can go.

flappyjay

He is our only inform attacker at the moment Jose would do well to find a way of freeing him from his defensive responsibilities. We can't expect him to score regularly and track back full backs also he always looks tired in the last 20.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
He is our only inform attacker at the moment Jose would do well to find a way of freeing him from his defensive responsibilities. We can't expect him to score regularly and track back full backs also he always looks tired in the last 20.
True

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Yep. Chelsea did the same for Hazard and reaped the rewards. Jose had Hazard doing the same and struggled keeping his energy all game.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
So are we going to give Woodward some credit for refusing to sell him, against Jose's wishes, in the summer?
I already have. Best thing he's done. He can make it better by getting that contract sorted.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Just imagine if we hadn't signed Sanchez, Martial had that extended run on the left into February and beyond and went into the World Cup full of confidence and possibly part of a World Cup winning squad.

I doubt we would have had such a limp exit against Sevilla in the CL last season either.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Definitely. I gave Ed credit at the time and will continue to do so. Great decision from the man.
He's got the potential to be top scorer in the PL if he plays every game. There's no limit to how far Martial can go.
I believe so, too.

ErranMorad

I think he would be a 25 goal (overall) wide attacking player today if we had replaced Van Gaal with a good attacking manager. The last two seasons weren't very good for his development. It was shocking how he was unceremoniously dumped after Sanchez's arrival last season even though he was having a good season until that point. Hopefully, it's the end of that nonsense now and Martial is one of the first names on the team sheet for the rest of the season.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He missed that chance at the end but went on to thoroughly impress me right after. He was clearly fatigued but unlike younger martial he showed the maturity to sprint back and track runners to secure the win. At the FT whistle he was clearly still annoyed about the miss.

This lad can go on to have a similar career to Ronaldo at our club.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Just imagine if we hadn't signed Sanchez, Martial had that extended run on the left into February and beyond and went into the World Cup full of confidence and possibly part of a World Cup winning squad.

I doubt we would have had such a limp exit against Sevilla in the CL last season either.
We might have signed a right winger in the summer as well.

CA1

He was excellent today. Constant threat whenever he got the ball and was winning a lot more 50-50 balls.

Rolaholic

Can't stand this guy

What really took a long time was him getting it through his thick head that the squads most promising and gifted attacker deserved a solid run of games to play himself back into form. It's like Jose forgot about his form under LvG

Shame it took so long,Alexis doesn't ever deserve to start on the left over him again

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
The problem with what Jose is saying is that Martial sin't playing any differently to how he was playing last season before Sanchez arrived. There is no real noticeable change in his game. In fact he still looked a better player under LVG imo.

Hopefully he can kick on and get better though

Coops73

On fire and playing really well, let’s just hope it’s not with a contract shining on his doughy eyes.

redIndianDevil

Can't stand this guy

What really took a long time was him getting it through his thick head that the squads most promising and gifted attacker deserved a solid run of games to play himself back into form. It's like Jose forgot about his form under LvG

Shame it took so long,Alexis doesn't ever deserve to start on the left over him again
Mourinho really is a piece of shit. He cannot praise him now as the press will question why it took so long for to play Martial.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!

I get that Martial was in great form when we bought Sanchez but this hyperbole is way ott. I really doubt Martial would've done much in that tie considering how bad we played.

He deserves criticism too for his subpar performances after purchase of Alexis, too easy to lay it all on Jose.

R'hllor

Can't stand this guy

If quote is real then :lol: Jose, thats a good one.

tomaldinho1

Can't stand this guy

Is it so hard for Mou not to just say something positive. He's like a dementor

STYLOISRED

You can try to make this negative all you want buy Jose is right here.he might not be 100% spot on and you could say benching Martial last season was a mistake but he is right in that Martial understands his role in the team better. like i already posted earlier, the defensive workrate showed by him is an indicator that he sees himself not just as a scorer or creator of goals but as a member of the team. attacking with the team, defending with the team. better trust and understanding between him and Shaw can be very benefial to all parties

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Mourinho trying to save face with the backhanded compliment on Martial. Now he's trying to act as if Martial has implemented some radical changes to his game courtesy of Mourinho. It's actually hilarious that the guy he was willing to let rot on the bench and go is the one keeping him in his job at the moment.

cyberman

Mourinho trying to save face with the backhanded compliment on Martial. Now he's trying to act as if Martial has implemented some radical changes to his game courtesy of Mourinho. It's actually hilarious that the guy he was willing to let rot on the bench and go is the one keeping him in his job at the moment.
He wasn't willing to let him rot on the bench though.
You see, you're going the other way. You're making it out to be that Martial is battling Jose ans he's playing well in spite of him.
That's more absurd than what you're accusing Jose of doing.

Those comments are not surprising Jose is a vile man - he's the one that took a long time to understand that martial is the best attacker we have!

ash_86

Was amazing today. I'd given him plenty of stick in the past but had to standup for the performance he gave today. Missed chance doesn't bother me much as he put himself in that position and some other day ball ends up in the bottom right corner. What amazes me apart from his wonderful goal is his defensive contribution. He was all across the left win right from our byline to theirs. I have never seen a more complete performance from both the ends from Martial. I could infer what Jose was talking about from his post match as i felt exactly the same. He's had a great October!!

Status
Not open for further replies.