Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
He wasn't willing to let him rot on the bench though.
You see, you're going the other way. You're making it out to be that Martial is battling Jose ans he's playing well in spite of him.
That's more absurd than what you're accusing Jose of doing.
No, you just took a lot of liberties with your interpretation. What I'm saying is Martial is playing basically the same way he always has, the difference is that Luke Shaw is now a consistent performer and Jose has completely exhausted his Sanchez option that should have never disrupted Martial to begin with. And now, Jose knowing he screwed up is trying to come up with a reasoning as if this was all part of his master plan and Martial is the one who screwed up taking too long to figure out the brilliant tactical improvements Mourinho was trying to teach him.

Shark

@NotShark
He missed that chance at the end but went on to thoroughly impress me right after. He was clearly fatigued but unlike younger martial he showed the maturity to sprint back and track runners to secure the win. At the FT whistle he was clearly still annoyed about the miss.

This lad can go on to have a similar career to Ronaldo at our club.
Not sure why Ronaldo always has to be brought up at times like this. What Ronaldo did here and then what he went on to become at Madrid is nothing short of unimaginable for a very very long time. It’s unfair that hold every talent that comes along to that standard. There is still nobody like him even at 33, aside from Messi.

mancan92

You can try to make this negative all you want buy Jose is right here.he might not be 100% spot on and you could say benching Martial last season was a mistake but he is right in that Martial understands his role in the team better. like i already posted earlier, the defensive workrate showed by him is an indicator that he sees himself not just as a scorer or creator of goals but as a member of the team. attacking with the team, defending with the team. better trust and understanding between him and Shaw can be very benefial to all parties
He is playing no difference than he was this time last season or even under lvg so it a completely pointless point you bring up. Jose has added nothing to his game.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Not sure why Ronaldo always has to be brought up at times like this. What Ronaldo did here and then what he went on to become at Madrid is nothing short of unimaginable for a very very long time. It’s unfair that hold every talent that comes along to that standard. There is still nobody like him even at 33, aside from Messi.
I think you're overlooking the part where I said at 'our club'. What he achieved at our club is definitely not unimaginable. What he did beyond our club is and I don't think I'll witness anything like it for the rest of my lifetime.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Mourinho can feck off, he's the one who completely derailed Martial's career at United and now he's acting like he's the one who guided him
Indeed.

The nerve of the man. His judgment is terrible on attacking players.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
I get that Martial was in great form when we bought Sanchez but this hyperbole is way ott. I really doubt Martial would've done much in that tie considering how bad we played.

He deserves criticism too for his subpar performances after purchase of Alexis, too easy to lay it all on Jose.
Yeah, you're probably right. Just frustrates me the cowardice at home and only putting Mata and Martial on after we were losing despite it being clear that Sevilla would be scoring for most of the game.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt

Can't stand this guy

What really took a long time was him getting it through his thick head that the squads most promising and gifted attacker deserved a solid run of games to play himself back into form. It's like Jose forgot about his form under LvG

Shame it took so long,Alexis doesn't ever deserve to start on the left over him again
This guy.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

Can't stand this guy

What really took a long time was him getting it through his thick head that the squads most promising and gifted attacker deserved a solid run of games to play himself back into form. It's like Jose forgot about his form under LvG

Shame it took so long,Alexis doesn't ever deserve to start on the left over him again
So so detestable.

el3mel

MAGICAL MARTIAL

“ I think he has the same natural talent that he had one year ago, two years ago, but he's improving his way of thinking football, thinking training too and thinking his role in the team, so I'm really, really happy with him. And with Luke Shaw, with boys that are improving and difficult periods for them, difficult periods for myself, because I want more from them and I took them to the limit. But in this moment I think both of them and in today's case, Anthony, he was able to do things that he was not able to do before, so I'm really, really happy with Anthony.”
These are the quotes from the official website. Came here and see people dissecting a quote from the middle. :rolleyes:

Canagel

Can't stand this guy

Idiot. He dropped him unceremoniously in his best period of form for Sanchez and never allowed the lad a run of 3/4 games after that. The first time he allows martial a run of games in 2 season and he confirms what the fans have been thinking for a long time that he's our best attacking player.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
These are the quotes from the official website. Came here and see people dissecting a quote from the middle. :rolleyes:
Still the same nonsense excuses for benching the best attacking player on this team, just longer.

C'est Moi Cantona

If it wasn't for Martial Jose could very well have been out if a job by now, so perhaps this spike in form is bitter sweet for Jose, he might as well take the credit whilst it lasts.

We could easily be near the relagation zone right now if he'd been sold.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Remind’s me of when he said he was doing all the thinking for Luke Shaw. We need this guy to sign a new contract, I’m sure he’ll be desperate to put pen to paper after seeing this! :mad:
Martial has improved the defensive side of his game in recent weeks. I'm not sure how much credit Jose takes for this (if any) but long may it continue.

He seems to have a struck a chord with Pogba. When the pair of them of on top of their game, United are in an infinitely better football team.

I didn't believe Martial had it in him to perform in Jose system and I thought he would leave in the summer, but he seems to be adapting

CA1

Today's performance shows a bit of tough love never hurt anybody.

Lets hope the penny is finally beginning to drop.

"Mourinho is my footballing father" Anthony Martial

R'hllor

His brain, his body, seems many things related to age thing. I understand benefit of experience but holy shit proper tribal chieftain he is, feck if you are good enough, you are old enough thing. " He took quite a long time..." what else to say. Like Martial did feck all before he became United manager.

Martial is/was lucky that he had a support from the stands (song etc.), how many times fans asked via that support of JM to bring him in from the bench etc. Without it JM would chop him way easier and lets not forget, Ed seems like a fan of his, if stories are to be believed.

Greck

Today's performance shows a bit of tough love never hurt anybody.

Lets hope the penny is finally beginning to drop.

"Mourinho is my footballing father" Anthony Martial
Tough love is what SAF did, not prematurely giving up on and selling talented youngsters like Jose is always ready to do. Credit here is reserved for Woodward, your favourite club figure

Rolaholic

Still the same nonsense excuses for benching the best attacking player on this team, just longer.
Yea I don't know what his acolytes are on about,it's just more buck passing from their man who will never admit to any fault in anything

It was embarrassing when he did it regarding Shaw and it's even moreso now given the player we all saw and knew Martial to be before the whiny one arrived

Crashoutcassius

Lads... when alexis Sanchez is available practically on a free then you sign him. If we passed that up and let city have him people would have freaked. Don't rewrite history

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Lads... when alexis Sanchez is available practically on a free then you sign him. If we passed that up and let city have him people would have freaked. Don't rewrite history
What if I told you, you can do that and not mess with one of the most in-form player the team had last season, now would that be something you might be interested in?

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I agree with the idea and I have nothing against the acquisition of Sanchez but he wasn't free, Mkhitaryan had a value on the market and we paid a lot in signing on fee.

Raven

Feck that. We get him and play him on the right. Simple as. You don't just chuck your best player out of the team for any reason.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Martial is/was lucky that he had a support from the stands (song etc.), how many times fans asked via that support of JM to bring him in from the bench etc. Without it JM would chop him way easier and lets not forget, Ed seems like a fan of his, if stories are to be believed.
I have always been a fan of the unconditional love Martial gets from the match going fans. He gets a special treatment indeed because of his talent, and I think its clear he loves us back for it. It actually matters, and its good to see that in some ways, the fans can influence things at the club.

Adisa

I agree with the idea and I have nothing against the acquisition of Sanchez but he wasn't free, Mkhitaryan had a value on the market and we paid a lot in signing on fee.
Even if he cost is Mkhitaryan, the problem isn't that we signed Sanchez. It's that we sacrificed Martial.
There was not rule stating that Sanchez had to play on the left. It's still something we are fecking up now. Now that Martial is in form, we have a very good player stuck on the bench.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
How ? Play your highest played and probably best player out of position ?
Unlike Martial, Sanchez has played plenty of games on the right and performed at a high level. And he wasn't and still isn't close to be our best player. In the end you need to think about the team not the individuals and we needed to improve the right side not the left.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Watch this get completely ignored, while the shit spewers call him "vile," and "detestable." Pathetic really, how desperate some posters are to criticize the bloke.

Adisa

He wasn't our best player and sanchez was a much better player , top 3 in league
When Sanchez came, Martial was our most in form player. He won player of the month 3 in 5 times. Had just been Instrumental giving us points against Everton, Burnley among others. Should never have shifted him to accommodate Sanchez.
To make matters worse, the role didn't even suit Sanchez. Total feck up.

Status
Not open for further replies.