Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

JuriM

Been racially abused again. He's probably better off leaving, some of our "fans" are horrible little freaks.
It's not our issue alone, it's English Premier League and probs England's issue the most atm. Haven't seen it happening on other big 5 big leagues as such atm.

Andersons Dietician

Was very poor today and really the only good thing he did was filling in for Bruno’s position who seems to forget he is a midfielder. It’s like we play 442 with Cavani and Bruno up top. Was a hard day for all the forwards with none of them bar maybe Rashford doing anything of note.

Red & White

I’ve always been a bit fan, particularly when he first came in and it looked like he had finally cracked it here at the end of last season after some consistent form. He was absolutely woeful, again, today. This ‘off form‘ period has gone on way too long now. Him and Rashford don’t seem to have any completion, or at least it seems that way with their half-hearted performances most weeks.

Raven

It's not our issue alone, it's English Premier League and probs England's issue the most atm. Haven't seen it happening on other big 5 big leagues as such atm.
I think Italy is supposed to be particularly bad but I think he probably needs a fresh start because he isn't going to find his form again with morons constantly racially abusing him and threatening him and his families lives.

He's had a horrible season so far and his form doesn't justify being in the starting line-up but there is absolutely no room for racism. I think a fresh start may be best for both parties at this stage.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
Touch is gone, shot is gone, tight dribbling gone.

France and United career could be next.

And this is coming from a huge fan.

What has happened?

keithsingleton

Been racially abused again. He's probably better off leaving, some of our "fans" are horrible little freaks.
I agree and understand our fans frustrations ((including mine )) but racially abusing him is not excepable in any shape or form. Some extremely sick people about and let's hope they get locked up.

OrcaFat

He might have plenty of excuses and I can’t imagine how he’s been affected by the racism and unacceptable social media behaviour, but it is quite a long time since he sustained anything like a run of form.

I don’t think he’s justifying his place in the team at all.

Presumably playing him through this poor patch is part of the plan to get him firing again, but it’s not working so far.

I’d try alternating him with Cavani, as in strictly selecting them in alternate matches, telling them up front that that is the policy to keep both fresh and see if it does anything for his confidence.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Sell. Use the funds to upgrade. He doesn't have any fight in him.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
The racial abuse is so wrong and it doesn't help him either as he is not strong enough to cope with it like Rashford or someone else. I think the drop in form is not a coincidence.

lex talionis

I’m ashamed of those who claim to be club supporters who resort racial abuse. When a player is in horror form just stick to garden variety abuse and leave race out of it.

Raven

I’m ashamed of those who claim to be club supporters who resort racial abuse. When a player is in horror form just stick to garden variety abuse and leave race out of it.
Or just don't abuse anyone at all. You can be critical without resorting to calling him a cnut or whatever else, he's our player and he should be supported when he's going through a rough patch like any of our players. If things don't work out and he does leave, so be it but I don't think he deserves abuse from our own fans.

MiceOnMeth

From most exciting teenager in the world to looking barely like a professional footballer at 25. Taking a big wage cut and returning to France might his best option to rejuvenate his career

Siezard

Martial was not a centre forward to begin with. Ole should look to letting him play on left wing. Rashford will take right wing and Greenwood middle.

The Oracle

His facial expressions have started to annoy me.

For example, if a pass isn't played directly to him and he has to sprint (of course he chooses to jog) to get the ball, and the ball goes out of play, he then scrunches up his face - as if to say, "I can't be arsed with this"

Also says a lot today that Maguire kept on moving to the left-wing with the ball again and again - even Martial's team mates are fully aware of his lack of effort.

lex talionis

Or just don't abuse anyone at all. You can be critical without resorting to calling him a cnut or whatever else, he's our player and he should be supported when he's going through a rough patch like any of our players. If things don't work out and he does leave, so be it but I don't think he deserves abuse from our own fans.
Martial takes a lot of abuse here. Whether we agree that abuse or not, there’s a massive difference between criticizing the player for poor performances and invoking his race or religious or other aspects of his humanity that have nothing to do with his performances as a footballer.

Bondi77

I have seen the Ole presser and he said Martial is doing well???
I have been a fan of Martial and it is one of the reasons why I was not really fussed about Sancho but I have just lost patience with his inconsistency and the good performances are just becoming memories.
I think if Ole has given him the hairdryer treatment it must have also included a manicure and a pedicure and a hot beverage of his choice as I see no improvement.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
I really thought after the way he ended last season that he'd be immense this year but he's been the exact opposite.

I just don't get him at all.

Raven

Martial takes a lot of abuse here. Whether we agree that abuse or not, there’s a massive difference between criticizing the player for poor performances and invoking his race or religious or other aspects of his humanity that have nothing to do with his performances as a footballer.
I chat shit about players when I'm watching the match to those around me in the heat of the moment, I do understand the frustration but it's incredibly childish to abuse our own players online I think though.

the chameleon

Martial was not a centre forward to begin with. Ole should look to letting him play on left wing. Rashford will take right wing and Greenwood middle.
He's not good enough or has enough work-rate for a left winger too. Enough chances. Time to flog him. But our management and board level staff didn't think that through when they gave him a contract that pays more Salah, Kane and Mane. Also, this contract was given to him in December 2019, a point when he had never even had a 20 goal season! He'll be stuck here along with De Gea. We could have sold in him summer 2019 but apparently Joel Glazer didn't want him sold because he reminded of 'Paylay'! :lol:

ostentatious

This. Many people seem to not get this. You can criticise a player without resorting to abusing. These are all Manchester United players and should be supported through thick and thin by us supporters. Players should not be dreading their own club supporters' reactions when they're going through a bad patch – that's not support.

Eddy_JukeZ

He should be binned in the summer.

He has become a laughingstock of a footballer. 250k per week for that atrocity.

LittleKingCeadd

Didn't he start sulking and threw his toys out of the pram when Zlatan came and took his spot as no.1 striker, no.1 player in the team and also took his shirt number?
Last year knowing all United really had up front was Rashford & Greenwood..... did he think he was top dog & was happy?

As soon as someone with a bit of better credentials comes in (this year Cavani), he doesn't want to put the effort to match that player.

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
These performance would be unacceptable even if he hadn't have received the obscenely undeserved contract increase. He needs goals and badly, but probably doesn't deserve to play up front ahead of Cavani and Rashford and can't seem to buy a trick playing on the left which is pushing Rashford to the right.

This is a massive headache that has flow on effects to the rest of the attack. The only positive I can see from this situation is how Luke Shaw has essentially barged him out of the way and said "feck off I'll do all the work".

Like I said last year, if we end this season and go into next season with him as a main player I can't see him getting games if we buy two wide players which we sorely need. There isn't much chance of him starting up front instead of Cavani and Rashford.

Doracle

He doesn’t seem able to play left wing at all now unfortunately. I can’t recall him doing anything in the matches he has played there and he seems to have no real link up with Shaw, Bruno or Cavani. I honestly can’t recall anything he did today, other than pick up the ball for the counter the ref stopped before halftime.

Dr Foo

He might have plenty of excuses and I can’t imagine how he’s been affected by the racism and unacceptable social media behaviour, but it is quite a long time since he sustained anything like a run of form.

I don’t think he’s justifying his place in the team at all.

Presumably playing him through this poor patch is part of the plan to get him firing again, but it’s not working so far.

I’d try alternating him with Cavani, as in strictly selecting them in alternate matches, telling them up front that that is the policy to keep both fresh and see if it does anything for his confidence.
I would agree, only use him to rotate with Cavani. Rashford must stick to the left as he always combines well with Shaw, while Greenwood is showing signs of revival on the right. Get James in as a sub if really need be, hopefully Amad soon. No need to shift our attack all over

hungrywing

What has happened?
Posted it a couple of times. Overpayment.

This is what 'believing your own press' looks like in certain personalities; it doesn't always manifest as boasting.

TLDR if you overpay a 'good' personality they'll often burn out trying to do "extra". Overpay a 'bad' personality and they'll turn toxic - in the vast majority of cases, not even intentionally - in extreme cases acting like they own the place, in more subtle cases thinking other people should be doing more for them, sulking when things don't just magically fall into their lap and creating ripple effects from there etc.

Obviously the underlying key factor is the personality itself. But that's why narcissists like Woodward and Judge throwing around Pogbian contracts in overcompensatory behavior is very bad for any organization - it trickles down through the organization causing secondary and tertiary effects.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Needs to go, sell.

Even for something like 40M just sell and get someone who can do the job, he can't.

United don't need a player who is stroppy and does nothing if he isn't playing well.

The team needs leaders.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

What has happened?
Don't think touch has gone, he's still very comfortable in possession, as always. But the dribbling and shooting definitely has - this a player who used to instill fear in fullbacks, now he's happy to merely retain the ball and almost pretend he's a number 10 or something, and his finishing which used to be brilliant has completely gone to pieces.

As with you, I've always been a fan of his abilities. But his form, finishing and regression of dribbling/dynamism can no longer be defended. It's as if he's a 30 year old whose body and reflexes have suddenly given way and are on the wane. It makes no sense, whatsoever. Martial used to always have moments in games where he'd burn a few defenders completely. It's barely happening now. I think Ole is possibly too much of an opposite of Mourinho, and is to accepting of average displays?

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Posted it a couple of times. Overpayment.

This is what 'believing your own press' looks like in certain personalities; it doesn't always manifest as boasting.

TLDR if you overpay a 'good' personality they'll often burn out trying to do "extra". Overpay a 'bad' personality and they'll turn toxic - in the vast majority of cases, not even intentionally - in extreme cases acting like they own the place, in more subtle cases thinking other people should be doing more for them, sulking when things don't just magically fall into their lap and creating ripple effects from there etc.

Obviously the underlying key factor is the personality itself. But that's why narcissists like Woodward and Judge throwing around Pogbian contracts in overcompensatory behavior is very bad for any organization - it trickles down through the organization causing secondary and tertiary effects.
I don't understand why we gave him a 250K contract if that's what it is? Who else was offering him that?

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Should just be the backup to Rashford on the left wing and then rotate between them, and then have a Sancho/Diallo pair on the right wing to rotate, with Cavani/Greenwood up top. Absolutely shouldn't be starting though, far too often is ineffective.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Was he even playing in the first half? He didn't do anything.

Second half he improved a bit and he was starting to link up with Shaw, Bruno and Cavani to create space and find runners. Obviously it wasn't enough to be 'good' play, but at least he was getting involved unlike the first half.

Status
Not open for further replies.