Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

acnumber9

Martial and his defenders seem to think all he has to do is receive the ball at his feet and somehow fashion chances from there. Doesn't work like that.
Or claim that’s he’s always being marked by two players, like there may not be a reason for why he’s so easily marked.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Bruno was the worst player on the pitch for me, the goal was literally the only good thing he did today, everything else ranged from poor to atrocious.
So you say Martial was better than the others because he did the "basics" right, despite it being pointed out that Rashford actually did better at them, and now he was better than Bruno, who at least had a moment of brilliance that resulted in a goal, despite Martial doing quite literally nothing to contribute?

Okay, I can see we're talking about different sports here somehow.

Raven

So you say Martial was better than the others because he did the "basics" right, despite it being pointed out that Rashford actually did better at them, and now he was better than Bruno, who at least had a moment of brilliance that resulted in a goal, despite Martial doing quite literally nothing to contribute?

Okay, I can see we're talking about different sports here somehow.
Almost every one of our attacks broke down as a direct result of Bruno, he was shocking today.

el3mel

You almost have to admire Raven’s dedication to this lie he’s sold himself.
I really don't know why anyone would want to discuss Martial with him. It's like discussing Pochettino with Amadaeus. I don't even know how anyone can become this dedicated to defend a player/manager every crap game he plays. Martial has done feck all to make anyone love him to this degree.

Last edited:

edgecutter

It's on the manager. Why ole continues to persist in him is baffling at this stage. Can james, maya and diallo be any worse? Why not just leave him out for a few weeks? If he throws his toys out than he needs to go.

acnumber9

I really don't know why anyone would want to discuss Martial with him. It's like discussing Pochettino with Amadaeus. I don't even know how can anyone become this dedicated to defend a player/manager every crap game he plays. Martial has done all to make anyone love him to this degree.
It’s almost fun just to see what depths he’ll go to.

Devil may care

So he looked good for a couple of months in a farmers league seven years ago.
I'm not saying he's not looked good for us as well, he was very productive last season for instance. I'm not sure what your angle is here, I was simply saying how far back my liking of him as a player goes but also aknowleding how poor he's been in the last couple of months and how I don't believe he deserves to start. This is the second time today I've ran into a poster more concerned with their individual dislike or like of a player over all else, I'm only interested in the team as a whole, right now we'd be better without Martial starting.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Shocking today he’s not a LW should not play there at all it’s either CF or nothing.

RUCK4444

Wish I’d never have to sit through another ‘performance’ from him in a United shirt.

Might as well pick a lucky fan from the street and let them amble about the pitch, you would get more intensity and desire from a fan.

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
Loved watching him when he joined you, thought he was amazing then. Looked like it was all coming together last season but I think he’s a write-off at a top club now. In six years he’s had too many bad runs and this is the worst of all. He’s just been shocking this season. I think he needs to move on and play somewhere with less pressure...

Burkeovic

Terrible today may as well play with 10 men than starting him in the team this needs to be his last season being a utd player, ole i praised before but this is partly his fault playing players that are out of form i now have my doubts going forward as ole being manager going forward clearly picking players out of form showing no balls to drop out of form players and there 3 that need dropped asap #martial dea gea lindelof

RedDevilzFox

Absolute waste of space. Can't wait until one of our zillion starlet kids can get this bloke fecked off.
Have you see the record of our 'starlet' kids over the last 20 years? How many have really made 1st team their own? Rashford is an exception and even he is no world beater.

On a more realistic note, I think if we can get 50-60M for Martial it may be time to move him. Although he is only just turned 25 so watch him go elsewhere and set the world on fire.

SAFMUTD

It's on Ole that he keeps playing even with the kind of performances he's put lately.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
I'm not saying he's not looked good for us as well, he was very productive last season for instance. I'm not sure what your angle is here, I was simply saying how far back my liking of him as a player goes but also aknowleding how poor he's been in the last couple of months and how I don't believe he deserves to start. This is the second time today I've ran into a poster more concerned with their individual dislike or like of a player over all else, I'm only interested in the team as a whole, right now we'd be better without Martial starting.
Because people still cling to this notion that'll he'll come good because of a period of time in a weak league, nearly a decade ago.

I agree, we are better set without him in the squad, let alone team.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Solskjaer is the one who recently said "99% effort is 100% failure".

How can he look at Martial strolling around every match and think it's alright to keep playing him?

YAMS49

Have you see the record of our 'starlet' kids over the last 20 years? How many have really made 1st team their own? Rashford is an exception and even he is no world beater.
A traffic cone would be more useful than Martial. You could at least play a one-two off it.

VivaRonaldo85

The exact same thing happened when Zlatan arrived and took his striker role. Yet this time it’s even worse with Cavani. Shows how poor his mentality must be. We don’t need characters like that in the squad to get us back to the top, yet alone starting most weeks still.

RedDevilzFox

Solskjaer is the one who recently said "99% effort is 100% failure".

How can he look at Martial strolling around every match and think it's alright to keep playing him?
I am not sure its an effort thing. He was never the 'hustler' type, more of a Berbatov than Tevez. But he did have skill on his side, his dribbling seem to have waned and he doesn't take defenders on at all. Not sure if its tactical as per instructions or something else.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
I am not sure its an effort thing. He was never the 'hustler' type, more of a Berbatov than Tevez. But he did have skill on his side, his dribbling seem to have waned and he doesn't take defenders on at all. Not sure if its tactical as per instructions or something else.
That doesn't fly, not these days. Not for teams as limited as ours.

Liverpool with Mane, Salah, Firmino; they all hassle and press.

City with whatever combination of attackers they use; they all hassle and press.

If he's not the hustler type, he should've become one but it's too late now. Those habits have been indulged for 6 years. He is not Messi or Ronaldo, whose generational talent allow them to do nothing defensively. He's fecking Martial, a nothing player.

Devil may care

Because people still cling to this notion that'll he'll come good because of a period of time in a weak league, nearly a decade ago.

I agree, we are better set without him in the squad, let alone team.
See that's too far the other way imo, he played well last season, you're talking like he's never played well for us and then compounding it with the decade stuff, he only joined us in the summer of 2015. I get you don't like him or rate him but you need to keep it balanced, I will say that I don't see him being a regular starter i we are to actually challenge for the top trophies.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
See that's too far the other way imo, he played well last season, you're talking like he's never played well for us and then compounding it with the decade stuff, he only joined us in the summer of 2015. I get you don't like him or rate him but you need to keep it balanced, I will say that I don't see him being a regular starter i we are to actually challenge for the top trophies.
I just look at the opportunity cost. If we had Vardy or Kane or Haaland or Son in his place, they'd of scored the chances he had taken plus 50% of the ones he missed.

It is how I look at players, just because they score, could they have scored more? Hard to explain but if Martial gets a goal but missed five chances and we draw the game, we've missed out. If he consistently does this, he is costing us points and wins and is a detriment to the team.

Devil may care

I just look at the opportunity cost. If we had Vardy or Kane or Haaland or Son in his place, they'd of scored the chances he had taken plus 50% of the ones he missed.

It is how I look at players, just because they score, could they have scored more? Hard to explain but if Martial gets a goal but missed five chances and we draw the game, we've missed out. If he consistently does this, he is costing us points and wins and is a detriment to the team.
There's so much more to a team sport overall than that mate, it's never as straight forward as pull one out and plug one in imo.

Adamsk7

Thought he had a really good year last year and this blowing hot and cold was finally over. It seems that he can’t take competition and needs to know that he’s starting as no.9 to gain any consistency. Regardless of what people make of us signing Cavani and him being our main man, we just can’t accept that sort of mentality from Martial.
Theres no doubt he has the talent to be one of the worlds best but he just doesn’t have the mental fortitude to be at a top club. He’d absolutely thrive at a mid table team with good ambitions in any league.

Roboc7

He’s been terrible pretty much all season, should have been subbed off earlier.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
The guy is shot to bits. He can't keep starting for us. He's a complete and utter liability.

Played over an hour on the wing for us today and didn't attempt ONE dribble. Not one. No shots. No key passes. No crosses. Nothing.

The feck is the point in starting him

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
It's just a shame more than anything. You know the guy has the talent and he's completely wasting his career away for a small fortune. He has completely lost all the good will he built last season, and I hope he stays on the bench for a long time. I don't see how United get rid of him with the wages he's on, so it's in everybody's best interest that he rediscovers his form, but there's zero indication that it's even a possibility right now. Abysmal.

snk123

Caf’s favorite scapegoat. Blamed for everything when nearly everyone plays shocking football.

El Zoido

How has he gone so bad? He looked fantastic after the restart last season. Too many false dawns with this guy, I'm sure Ole will get rid of him given the chance.

GreatDane

I can live with people having a bad game, but it annoys the f*ck out of me if they dont at least try. Work for it, show some passion.
Imagine one of us mortals show up to work with Martials work effort... we would be on the street in no time.

76side

Has bags of natural talent BUT he contributes absolutely nothing on the pitch, hes being carried while the kid Greenwood watches on and laughs.
Get shut in summer hes overstayed his welcome and just isnt good enough for us end of.

MattofManchester

You have to take a long hard look at yourself when you’re playing left wing and Harry fecking Maguire is so bored watching you do absolutely feck all that he starts showing you how to dribble into the box. Honestly. This guy. Could he be any more pointless?
:lol:

Raven

Been racially abused again. He's probably better off leaving, some of our "fans" are horrible little freaks.

Status
Not open for further replies.