Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
I've said it before but I think Garnacho could do a job in there, especially in these type of games.
The lad will show no fear, that's for sure.

While Martial injured and Sancho back, perhaps there's room for setting up this team in the right way.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
You sound like its the CL final. It's the lowest priority competition and i'm sure barca wont be taking it seriously either
Ten Hag wants trophies and I doubt he'll cop out from the competition without giving Barca some trouble.

Raven

I've said it before but I think Garnacho could do a job in there, especially in these type of games.
Really? He's extremely weak and gets knocked off the ball very easily. Maybe as he gets older he might adapt to that role.

Olecurls99

Really? He's extremely weak and gets knocked off the ball very easily. Maybe as he gets older he might adapt to that role.
I could see him being a young Aguero. Defenders would be terrified of him in behind and on the turn

Red_Heisenberg

Didn't even realise he was injured until half time. Get this waste of space out of the club. Played half an hour and he's back on the treatment table.

Absolutely robbing a living. He can't stay fit and when he is fit you're not even guaranteed to get complete effort out of him. He needs to go now.

People mock wout, at least he's available and gives it 100 percent every time he plays, even if he isn't going to go down as an all time great.

Real Name

It's safe to say it's in his head. What a setback ETH was talking about? He just came from injury vs Forest and he's injured again.

Idxomer

Yes really. It was ridiciulous to read after Martial's last few seasons. Short memories some fans have.
People argued he was the better option out of the two which was the case.

Everyone also argued we still need a new striker because of Martial's unreliability.

We need an rvn

We have got another Saha in our squad?
He’s way worse than Saha. At least Saha had a couple of decent runs before getting injured again, martial can’t even last half a match and then be out again.

There shouldn’t be anyone on here wanting to keep this player at the club given his injury record over the last 3-4 years (and before any Jones replies, same goes for him of course)

spiriticon

How can he possibly be injured again he's barely touched a ball!

Is he having a Phil Jones diet?

Trophy Room

Relies on his natural talent and physique. Such a naturally gifted player. Just doesn’t put the extra yards in to keep fit. That’s on him.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He’s never been injured this much before. Feck knows what has happened this season, probably just terrible luck, but whatever it is it won’t do for us. A reliable centre forward of top quality would do fantastic things for this team, and it’s actually been a very impressive effort by the team by doing this well in the main without a proper striker all season.

Irwin99

Think this might be the pattern for the rest of the season at this point :( .

I just don't have any faith at all he can put a few months together where he's at his best and contributing consistently which is a big shame because we don't have the depth in the centre forward position.

daveskimufc

I so wanted him to get a chance, but it's just not happening, he can't stay fit. Cash in, in the summer if anyone will take him, don't think anyone will pay more tha. 20/25m

SinNombre

I have been team Martial throughout his stay here, but if he can't play 75% of the games from here until end of the season, that is the end of it.

He is undisputed first choice starter in a team which plays to his strengths under a manager who rates him. And has no real injuries.

If not now, you would be stupid to think it will be ever.

Raven

I have been team Martial throughout his stay here, but if he can't play 75% of the games from here until end of the season, that is the end of it.

He is undisputed first choice starter in a team which plays to his strengths under a manager who rates him. And has no real injuries.

If not now, you would be stupid to think it will be ever.
Nail on the head.

Trophy Room

How would you know that ? That he doesn't put the extra yards in ? He could just be very very fragile no ?
Not really. The types of muscular injuries he seems to get is highly likely a preparation/fitness problem. Quite avoidable with the right application and guidance. Martial looks pretty similar in terms of physique to when he first arrived.

OrcaFat

He’s so unlucky.

I still hope we can figure out a way to keep him fit. It does happen that injury prone players can improve and adapt to their weaknesses. I’m thinking of Giggs where he had to change his car (among other things) to reduce stress on parts of his body. Kane used to be injured a lot but much less these days.

Andersons Dietician

Not really. The types of muscular injuries he seems to get is highly likely a preparation/fitness problem. Quite avoidable with the right application and guidance. Martial looks pretty similar in terms of physique to when he first arrived.
What kind of injuries does he keep getting? Hamstring injury, Achilles tendinitis, back injury, an unknown injury and whatever is up with him now.

Hamstrings tend to go from muscle fatigue from being over worked, Achilles tendinitis often again due to over fatigue, lower back issue could be related to both due to over compensating elsewhere. Injuries happen, some people are just lucky and some aren’t.

OrcaFat

IF there is a problem with his preparation I highly doubt it is down to his not putting in the extra yards. The club has an absolute ton of health data on every player (none of which is available to us) and will be designing fitness programmes to minimise injury and maximise fitness. Sometimes it takes a long while to get it right for every player but Martial will train as instructed by the club.

From what I’ve heard, Martial is a good trainer. He is desperate to play and it’s possible that he rushes back and, if so, both he and the club need to look a bit longer term, take more care and make sure he is 100% instead of risking him sooner.

I don’t think any of it is down to poor attitude by Martial. Maybe, just maybe, he’s not quite honest with himself about how healthy he is because he wants to play so much.

El-Manos

its a disgrace the club didn’t try to get more attacking depth in January. The owners lack the ambition to go for the title; highlights it always just business to them.

Jeffthered

This guy is taking the p*** out of Manchester United. He didn't even go to the World Cup.

It's a joke.

But I have no doubt, that ETH, McClaren and the coaching staff will deal with this. Our Forward line is a real issue. This is a huge month coming up. Huge.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
By your logic there shouldn't be any injury prone player then ? I think it's so much more complicated than that

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
It's hard to know whether he's picking up one injury after another, or if it's the recent history of injuries that's affecting his trusting his body. I remember someone who knew Peter Hoekstra - while at Stoke - who said he was levels above all the other players but he always felt injured, even when the medical department thought he was fit enough.

It's this question of fit enough. Before the season he did that interview where he was lambasting previous managers for having him play through the pain barrier - which he said explained why he was half the player he was. Which is fair enough. But ETH did hint at something the other day, about whether he trusted himself to play or something to that effect.

Pickle85

IF there is a problem with his preparation I highly doubt it is down to his not putting in the extra yards. The club has an absolute ton of health data on every player (none of which is available to us) and will be designing fitness programmes to minimise injury and maximise fitness. Sometimes it takes a long while to get it right for every player but Martial will train as instructed by the club.

From what I’ve heard, Martial is a good trainer. He is desperate to play and it’s possible that he rushes back and, if so, both he and the club need to look a bit longer term, take more care and make sure he is 100% instead of risking him sooner.

I don’t think any of it is down to poor attitude by Martial. Maybe, just maybe, he’s not quite honest with himself about how healthy he is because he wants to play so much.
Yeah, that's probably it...he cares too much...

Honestly, some of the Martial defending is utterly mental.

Trophy Room

By your logic there shouldn't be any injury prone player then ? I think it's so much more complicated than that
In some ways you are oversimplifying the complexity of preparation in this context and the definition of an injury prone player. I’m specifically referring to muscle injuries.

For footballers, the vast majority of muscle injuries arise from the 4 main muscle groups of the lower limbs. Martial appears to be experiencing these at a far higher frequency than one would expect. Of course, we haven’t been told of the exact nature of his injury - I.e same muscle group, different muscle groups etc so to a certain extent I am generalising; but risk factors for injury include inappropriate training methods or non compliance with injury prevention training programmes. They are preventable to some extent.

I would’ve thought that United have a pretty uptodate advice and guidance system for its players so if repeated muscle injuries are a problem for a specific player, then it’s only natural to question the player’s adherence to training and recovery recommendations.

Last edited:

Bwuk

All the talent in the world doesn’t mean anything if you can’t get on the pitch. I also don’t think he’s got that “dawg” in him.

OrcaFat

Yeah, that's probably it...he cares too much...

Honestly, some of the Martial defending is utterly mental.
I’ve no idea really but my point is I don’t think the reason he is injured is because he is lazy. Do you? You see him get injured and you think - that’s because he’s lazy?

I know plenty of people don’t rate him. I’m on the fence myself, although he does have some qualities, I think. On the down side, he’s inconsistent and is often injured. All I’m saying is the latter of these is not his fault.

Status
Not open for further replies.