Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Loon

:lol:
I’m not even sure what he’s out with, but I wish the medical team would perform the same sort of miracle they did on Giggs when they managed his persistent hamstring injuries to the point they’d almost eradicated them.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
I wonder what's been the issue for him. I get that he was annoyed when the manager took his shirt number and shoved him as a winger. But it's not the case anymore, he's truly our best CF and the manager needs him. Is his injury really that bad?

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
If he can come back off the bench on Sunday, start next Thursday and contribute 6 goals and 3 assists between now and the end of the season we will have had a massive result.
Chances of me at this old age( who has never played a game of "professional" football) playing and scoring a goal is more than what you just told .

DrRodo

Honest worker, never posts
I’m not even sure what he’s out with, but I wish the medical team would perform the same sort of miracle they did on Giggs when they managed his persistent hamstring injuries to the point they’d almost eradicated them.
Wasnt it that giggs stopped running lighting quick along the left lane and became a n10? :nervous:

Bondi77

I wonder what's been the issue for him. I get that he was annoyed when the manager took his shirt number and shoved him as a winger. But it's not the case anymore, he's truly our best CF and the manager needs him. Is his injury really that bad?
It is his hip which I imagine would be a hard thing to deal with considering movement and even kicking a ball.

CM

Well it's not exactly in his interests to feign injury, is it? His body has clearly just broken down on him this season.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Even if he is fit I don't think ten hag will start him until after the international break. Will most likely be on the bench and have a few mins here and there

Oranges038

I swear he's a prime example of a player that gets better the less he plays. He's always injured and, when he's not, he's largely ineffective. He's an utterly pointless player at this stage.
Amen to that.

I am of the opinion that the day he was standing still in the loss against Sheffield Utd while everyone else was running around him was the last time he should ever have played for the club.

That was 2 years ago and he's done shag all since.

Pickle85

Amen to that.

I am of the opinion that the day he was standing still in the loss against Sheffield Utd while everyone else was running around him was the last time he should ever have played for the club.

That was 2 years ago and he's done shag all since.
Absolutely. The team of enthusiastic supporters he has here are something else.

jem

What were you expecting in response to this:

It wasn't the sort of post that's worth a considered response.
Well I guess I was pleasantly surprised that words like 'fanboy' and 'Martial FC' weren't used, so I guess there's that to be thankful for.

Red00012

Almost forgot about him, but yes, how is he not back yet?!
ETH has said they’re not rushing him back as he’s come back too soon before and it hasn’t worked . He’s back in training so hopefully he gets 20 mins Thursday or Sunday. It might make more sense to hold until after the break though.

GMoore23

That was no Miracle. Giggs had to reinvent himself which took a few seasons and a lot of hard work probably.

He said himself later in his career that he hadn't ran full speed in years such was the fragility of his hamstrings .

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Where is this guy? I thought he’s been close to returning for weeks now yet he’s nowhere to be seen.
ETH said they're going to ease him back in when he's fully 100% fit.

Gut feeling? He's done. Saha 2.0
We should sign a 1st choice striker in the summer (Osimhen), have Martial as backup and WW third choice (inevitably 2nd choice once Martial is injured).

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
ETH has said they’re not rushing him back as he’s come back too soon before and it hasn’t worked . He’s back in training so hopefully he gets 20 mins Thursday or Sunday. It might make more sense to hold until after the break though.
Might have a role to play in May :drool:

I was going to say I wonder if we've had any other players that have had his wild up and down rollercoster of highs and lows over the last 6 or 7 years.
But then it's pretty clear we have at least 3 others. De Gea, Shaw and Rashford! They've pretty much had very similar spells of being thought of as the best, or the worst!

Idxomer

In a way, he's our hope to ignite some fire in this tired team but you know it's a big problem if you're doing this with someone like Martial.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
As daft as it sounds I think the rest of our season is dependent on him staying fit now. The longer we continue with Weghorst the worse we look.

Hackman2210

I'm still hoping for a glorious return in time for the FA Cup and EL finals!!
It really is the hope that kills you as I'm still hoping my sons going to sort himself out and join the Army.....feck all chance of that happening either.

Loon

That was no Miracle. Giggs had to reinvent himself which took a few seasons and a lot of hard work probably.

He said himself later in his career that he hadn't ran full speed in years such was the fragility of his hamstrings .
Be nice if a similar solution could be found for Martial.

always_hoping

Tomorrow makes it 31/45 games Martial has missed altogether, still hasn't played a single 90 minutes this season

RuudtheRed

Not too many performances to write about but it speaks volumes he has more goal contributions than Weghorst even with the limited minutes on the pitch.

Hopefully he can start for us after the international break.

Cloud7

I'm still hoping for a glorious return in time for the FA Cup and EL finals!!
It really is the hope that kills you as I'm still hoping my sons going to sort himself out and join the Army.....feck all chance of that happening either.

What's he up to instead?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
When did he last play? It was a couple of months back now wasn't it?
Luckily there's still another 37 rounds or so in the Europa so might make it back late on.

Status
Not open for further replies.