Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Doesnt look like he's back tomorrow based on what ETH said in the presser :

Ten Hag on Anthony Martial's fitness struggles: "I want every player available, sometimes it is disappointing when they are not. I know we need him with all the games coming up.

"But when players aren't available, it is about dealing with the situation. It is about the players who are available."

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He did say ‘we’ll see for Sunday’ though, which is fine by me. Nothing serious then.

Glorio

We need him - not looking forward to the upcoming run of games without him in the CF position. Even against Everton, the cohesion of our game kinda fell apart after he left the field. It just seems like such a chore to create/score for us without a CF that can make the ball stick, and he's the only one that can.

Nordmore

I'm all for a new striker but on a second thought it'd be far cheaper if we just sign the entire of Bayern Munich medical department.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
We need him - not looking forward to the upcoming run of games without him in the CF position. Even against Everton, the cohesion of our game kinda fell apart after he left the field. It just seems like such a chore to create/score for us without a CF that can make the ball stick, and he's the only one that can.
Pretty much.

for me, the next striker shouldn't purely be based on goal output. We need somebody who can hold the ball up, press, be able to work long balls if required.

Goal scoring is obviously always vital, but most top strikers can do that anyway.

yfoFC

Shame he couldn't make this as I was looking forward to him coming off the bench

UnitedRepublic

Hopefully our best player is back the next game. 100% sure we wouldn’t have lost points in a couple of games with him in the team. Don’t even say I’m biased he’s just a more cerebral player than he gets for.

RexHamilton

Gumshoe for hire
Need this man back ASAP. Honestly didn’t think 12 months ago I’d ever be saying this about Martial. But we are toothless up front without him.

Still need a striker in January, as Martial is too injury prone. But until then we need him.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Is this bastard back yet?

Actually, why do I even ask, even if he is back, its only a matter of minutes before he'll be injured again.

TempusFugit

Apparently he flew from Paris back to Manchester last weekend? If he's fit give him 30 mins against Spurs, let him train for a few more days then start him against Chelsea.

Stacks

Need this man back ASAP. Honestly didn’t think 12 months ago I’d ever be saying this about Martial. But we are toothless up front without him.

Still need a striker in January, as Martial is too injury prone. But until then we need him.
yup. In the Summer people were saying he was going to have a good season and I had major doubts but happy to be proven wrong, I found myself annoyed that he wasn't starting against City. People were talking about 2020 Martial. Its possible but he stay injured unfortunately

Raven

yup. In the Summer people were saying he was going to have a good season and I had major doubts but happy to be proven wrong, I found myself annoyed that he wasn't starting against City. People were talking about 2020 Martial. Its possible but he stay injured unfortunately
He's performing at a very high level so far this season, massive shame about the injuries.

Zoo

Apparently he flew from Paris back to Manchester last weekend? If he's fit give him 30 mins against Spurs, let him train for a few more days then start him against Chelsea.
He’s not available. We can’t rely on him anymore.

zenith

A striker is the first priority for the next transfer window. Ronaldo is just not at the paces anymore and putting rashford there is also pointless given that he's taken out of his best position

tomaldinho1

World Cup is coming at a good time for him, get ready for Martial Law in Jan. Until then however, we’re fecked.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I mean if you told us this time last year how much we'd be missing Tony....
To be fair in hindsight, we missed him as much last year. His poor form and injuries have been felt badly since 19/20.

Strootman's Finger

Who cares if he's back tomorrow, the weekend or the new year. He was back for 5 mins last time before he just casually strolled off the pitch and decided he was injured again. Not disputing his injury, I just think it's as much in his head as it is in his body, and once that happens there's no coming back.

vanrooney

Who cares if he's back tomorrow, the weekend or the new year. He was back for 5 mins last time before he just casually strolled off the pitch and decided he was injured again. Not disputing his injury, I just think it's as much in his head as it is in his body, and once that happens there's no coming back.
he assisted our first goal and played quite good in fact.

Strootman's Finger

he assisted our first goal and played quite good in fact.
I am not disputing the players ability, I am concerned about his injury record and how that now seems to be affecting his confidence. What happened to Martial in that game? Did you see him get a knock, did he pull up, was he tackled? No, he probably felt something, and now that he is injured every 5 mins he's probably freaked out everything small will turn into something major, and he took himself out. What player have you ever seen recover from that?

vanrooney

I am not disputing the players ability, I am concerned about his injury record and how that now seems to be affecting his confidence. What happened to Martial in that game? Did you see him get a knock, did he pull up, was he tackled? No, he probably felt something, and now that he is injured every 5 mins he's probably freaked out everything small will turn into something major, and he took himself out. What player have you ever seen recover from that?
he got injured in warm up and played through it, but had to be taken off as the injury aggravated. but yeah - of course he will get more sensible with every injury. just hope he can stay fit for the rest of the season. he could make a real difference

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
How much should he even play before the word Cup?

We are undoubtedly better with him but would it be better to allow him the world cup month to get fully fit and hopefully stay that way until the end of the season?

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Players can get injured you know. Some of the comments here are extremely harsh. Its not like he is injured on purpose.

Most here were convinced he isnt good enough and now getting upset that he is injured.

Greck

I mean come on. If anything playing after the injury made it worse. If he just wanted to go home early or play tetris on the bench it would have been easier to pull out. My own crackpot theory is his languid style doesn't agree with his body's maintenance upkeep but that's more habit than anything intentional or anti-team like screwing us over on matchday.

Real Name

Not disputing his injury yet you're claiming he decided he was injured....

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
You have no idea what you're talking about.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Players can get injured you know. Some of the comments here are extremely harsh. Its not like he is injured on purpose.

Most here were convinced he isnt good enough and now getting upset that he is injured.
Most on here believed we should not judge the players based on last season performances, because otherwise we should probably bin the whole team.

About the whole excitement around Martial - one is that our performances have been significantly better with him in the team, secondly he is putting the numbers, but most importantly people are fed up with Ronaldo.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Most on here believed we should not judge the players based on last season performances, because otherwise we should probably bin the whole team.

About the whole excitement around Martial - one is that our performances have been significantly better with him in the team, secondly he is putting the numbers, but most importantly people are fed up with Ronaldo.
Are you sure you read that here? We judge player after they have played 3 games ( case in point Antony thread). This place was convinced that he isnt good enough and should be moved on. Some regular Pogba critics shifted their attention to him.

I dont have a problem with people saying we miss him, its just the extreme reaction on his injury is what i have issue on. Almost like they are blaming him for being injured as if he did it on purpose

Status
Not open for further replies.