g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
Anthony Martial image 9

Anthony Martial France flag

2022-23 Performances

View full 2022-23 profile

5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I don't remember him as an injury prone player...
He claimed in an interview recently that he played through injury under Ole for quite a while. It then persisted when he went on loan to Sevilla and he hasn't been quite the same since.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
I'd rather he play for us given how much he seems to suit ETHs system (based on the small sample size(
If he can stay fit / motivated yes, I agree but there's no evidence he can or will do that. Sorry man, I'm dead bored of him taking up a space in our squad and giving us frustration, fleeting hope and joy then disappointment ad infinitum.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
If he can stay fit / motivated yes, I agree but there's no evidence he can or will do that. Sorry man, I'm dead bored of him taking up a space in our squad and giving us frustration, fleeting hope and joy then disappointment ad infinitum.
It's fine. I'm not bored given he'd better than most options we have. I probably was bored a year back but seeing him look better than other options makes being patient easy.

FerociousCorgis

if he could magically stay fit all season this team would be a title contender i truly believe. Unfortunately dude looks made of glass these days, and glass that has cracks running all thru it at that. I was huge Martial FC fan back in the day but at this point theres zero indication he can actually be counted on for anything more than a 45 minute cameo. dude gonna make phil jones look like an ironman he keeps this up. Least jones would make it a game or two before going back away.

AdNani

if he could magically stay fit all season this team would be a title contender i truly believe. Unfortunately dude looks made of glass these days, and glass that has cracks running all thru it at that. I was huge Martial FC fan back in the day but at this point theres zero indication he can actually be counted on for anything more than a 45 minute cameo. dude gonna make phil jones look like an ironman he keeps this up. Least jones would make it a game or two before going back away.
Yeah i feel we'd be right up there with anyone, hopefully he stays fit after this last set back. He adds so much to the attack.

AdNani

I wonder if he is related to Louis Saha?
Don't, the pain of Saha is too much for me. Still maintain if he could stay fit he'd of been regarded as better than Drogba, literally had EVERYTHING you would want a Striker to have.

InfiniteBoredom

Giggs struggled quite a bit also with his hamstring around the same age, took up yoga (and apparently copious amount of extramarital sex) and managed to play until he’s 37.

Martial wasn’t an injury prone player in the past, so if we can devise a solution and he can see it through, hopefully these problems will become manageable in the coming years, Ribery/Robben played the majority of their career with comstant issues after all.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
It's fine. I'm not bored given he'd better than most options we have. I probably was bored a year back but seeing him look better than other options makes being patient easy.
You have way more patience than me my friend! I really struggle to be satisfied with our 3 main attacking players / strikers right now. It makes me even more dissatisfied now we have a functioning team behind them. Hey ho. I really hope for a new forward soon.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Don't, the pain of Saha is too much for me. Still maintain if he could stay fit he'd of been regarded as better than Drogba, literally had EVERYTHING you would want a Striker to have.
Yeap. The Saha, Rooney and Ronaldo frontline was one 0f the best.

Stacks

Yeah i feel we'd be right up there with anyone, hopefully he stays fit after this last set back. He adds so much to the attack.
Literally got rushed by City and were clearly nowhere near their level so has the Spurs result really elevated us that much?

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Literally got rushed by City and were clearly nowhere near their level so has the Spurs result really elevated us that much?
But City are not even top of the league. Arsenal are, and we beat them.

Stacks

But City are not even top of the league. Arsenal are, and we beat them.
City are clearly the best team and reigning champs. If you think Arsenal will win it then cool. I said to my homie lets see if they still there 18/19 games in as we were up there in 2021 by game 20 but we were not serious challengers

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
So pissed about this situation. Not just because i like him as a player. Because he is perfect no9 for our system but we need to spend 60-70 mil on another no9 because he just can't stay fit. What a shitty situation.
When you look Barca, Spurs, City, Real...they have only one striker in whole club, excellent striker and that striker is bloody always fit. They don't bother even to sign backup for him.

What a paradox. We need new no9 while we have perfect one in team already. Our fecking bad luck

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
The point is , we have reached to a point that we now start thinking about his next injury layoff as soon as he is fit to play. For me, that's the breaking point. Sell him and replace with a forward who is available to us when needed.

This is coming a huge fan of Martial.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Fingers crossed his fitness improves post world cup. His chances of making the France team are pretty much gone by now so he'll have plenty of time to recover 100% for the remainder of the season.

Hamstring issues are also often link to back problems. Get your back fixed which can happen by simply resting it and you'll see less issues with the hamstring and other type of injuries.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
The point is , we have reached to a point that we now start thinking about his next injury layoff as soon as he is fit to play. For me, that's the breaking point. Sell him and replace with a forward who is available to us when needed.

This is coming a huge fan of Martial.
This. I am at that stage too. Love the guy, he is my favourite player and all that shit but when he starts playing again, i will just know that another injury is matter of time.
I would not sell him though..

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
City are clearly the best team and reigning champs. If you think Arsenal will win it then cool. I said to my homie lets see if they still there 18/19 games in as we were up there in 2021 by game 20 but we were not serious challengers
I‘m not in the habit of giving points to teams which they haven’t gone out and won yet. They’ve had every opportunity to be top of the league presently but they simply haven’t won enough games to do so. Arsenal are top because they have been playing excellently and are strong in all departments. There’s no reason why they cannot win the league.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
You have way more patience than me my friend! I really struggle to be satisfied with our 3 main attacking players / strikers right now. It makes me even more dissatisfied now we have a functioning team behind them. Hey ho. I really hope for a new forward soon.
It helps that I've always liked Martial. I had finally lost hope last season and felt we should let go. But since preseason he's looked really good and I feel he's a great fit for ETHs system. We definitely need another CF but I do hope he gets over his injury issues post WC as he could yet be a good part of our 4/5 attacking options.

arthurka

Why anyone thought he could lead the line just baffles me, I fell into that trap as I loved his swagger in the summer under ETH. I should have known better.

Stacks

I‘m not in the habit of giving points to teams which they haven’t gone out and won yet. They’ve had every opportunity to be top of the league presently but they simply haven’t won enough games to do so. Arsenal are top because they have been playing excellently and are strong in all departments. There’s no reason why they cannot win the league.
You can make predictions or expectations otherwise your title favs change every time there is a new team at the top. Just because Real aren't top after 10 games doesn't mean you don't expect they will win it. 10 games barely 25% in. When Arsenal fall off and if they come 4th you gonna change your mind?

The United

No doubt, just more saying the value he could provide is more than whatever we'd get selling him and bringing in a replacement most likely. Even if he's only available for 60% of a season (assuming we have a starting striker over him)
I think it is more of issue of nobody buying him at his supposed high wage and being injury prone.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
He joined training back on wednesday, so obviously he isnt fit for weekend. Not sure what some are expecting here.

croadyman

I wonder if he is related to Louis Saha?
Was exactly who came to mind the other day, just can't see any way he is going to be able to stay fit this season but annoyingly there seems to be no money for a forward in January so see us having to cope with what we have.

the_cliff

Giggs struggled quite a bit also with his hamstring around the same age, took up yoga (and apparently copious amount of extramarital sex) and managed to play until he’s 37.

Martial wasn’t an injury prone player in the past, so if we can devise a solution and he can see it through, hopefully these problems will become manageable in the coming years, Ribery/Robben played the majority of their career with comstant issues after all.
That's definitely the reason.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
You can make predictions or expectations otherwise your title favs change every time there is a new team at the top. Just because Real aren't top after 10 games doesn't mean you don't expect they will win it. 10 games barely 25% in. When Arsenal fall off and if they come 4th you gonna change your mind?
Obviously it Arsenal ens up 4th, my view would change, just as I would like to think you would not just be repeating that ‘City are the team to catch’ should they also slide down the table. But they aren’t 4th, they are first, not City, and not by way of some sort of fluke either - so all of this City have already won the league from second place talk is premature to me. Joint second at that.

Zen86

He is the quintessential false hope player. Capable of brilliance, often disappointing. Promising spells usually followed by injury or other means of bringing us all back to reality.

Status
Not open for further replies.