5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

croadyman

He put us 2-1 ahead in a Europa League game which ended 3-2.
He assisted Rashford's goal in a 2-1 vs Liverpool.
He assisted Antony's opener in a 2-1 vs Everton.
He scored the first equaliser in a 4-2 cup win vs Villa.
And he scored the opener in a 2-0 cup win vs Forest.
He's turned into Saha sadly

meamth

He'll do a RVP turnaround in his late 20s and becoming one of the most dangerous CF in the league..

Hope so.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
He'll do a RVP turnaround in his late 20s and becoming one of the most dangerous CF in the league..

Hope so.
The difference in mentality of those two is quite significant.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist

Hope so.
Not even RvP was this injury prone.. also at this point in Martials career, Van Persie just had a 22 goal in 33 appearances in all competitions season right before his next 2 world class seasons for Arsenal and United. Basically, martial would have to start now.

TempusFugit

If only this guy wasn't so injury prone we wouldn't have to play Weghorst as a 10 and limit Rashford uptop. We need him to start against Real Betis on Thursday, enough of the Weghorst experiment

Dominos

If only this guy wasn't so injury prone we wouldn't have to play Weghorst as a 10 and limit Rashford uptop. We need him to start against Real Betis on Thursday, enough of the Weghorst experiment
He wasn't even on the bench today, no chance he starts any time soon.

We really need him to give us a boost in attack. Rashford's form has dipped, Antony is mostly useless and Weghorst is useless.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Feels strange to be angry at a player who didn't even play today but my word this guy need to pull his big boys pants on now and play through a bit of pain. He's an absolute pansy how he's always not quite right to play.

I can't take watching Weghorst anymore. Hahahaha.

InfiniteBoredom

My memory is hazy on this one but has he ever been involved in a really embarrassing defeat besides the 1-6 vs Spurs when he got sent off for the tussle with Lamela? It feels like all of our biggest, most embarrassing defeat came with him not in the team. When City drubbed us earlier this season, he came on and made it a touch more respectable.

Which is even more of a shame given his fitness record.

Hackman2210

What happeded to him? Where the literal feck is he? Get him back into the squad asap - Mr Glass is needed!

MiceOnMeth

Well my mate hasn't forgot about the bet I made that martial will score more than Nunez this season.. I may as well pay up now. 100 blips feck you Tony you useless cnut!

Yagami

Good post resistant
My memory is hazy on this one but has he ever been involved in a really embarrassing defeat besides the 1-6 vs Spurs when he got sent off for the tussle with Lamela? It feels like all of our biggest, most embarrassing defeat came with him not in the team. When City drubbed us earlier this season, he came on and made it a touch more respectable.

Which is even more of a shame given his fitness record.
Well, he’s the only player in the squad that can keep the ball under pressure and dribble so we always play better by default. Not that it means we never suffer heavy defeats with him, but they’re less likely just because he makes us more secure in possession and harder to press.

Our fan base undervalue how important having players like that is. An attack full of lightweights in Bruno, Sancho, Antony, Weghorst, etc, make it too easy for top opposition to suffocate us because we just cannot keep the ball higher up the pitch.

Him and Rashford are our only two attackers who can play in a top team at their best, but one is more injury prone than mr bump and the other is weighed down by the aforementioned players.

Castia

Never just seems to get a knock does he? we never get an update on his injuries yet he always seems out for 4 weeks at a time

Infuriating

Not far behind Phil Jones on the 'who should be binned in the summer' list

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Feels strange to be angry at a player who didn't even play today but my word this guy need to pull his big boys pants on now and play through a bit of pain. He's an absolute pansy how he's always not quite right to play.

I can't take watching Weghorst anymore. Hahahaha.
That's harsh. His main issue with Ole is that he played through injury for ages which obviously impacted his form, and while he was getting heavily criticised everywhere he felt Ole left him out to dry by never defending him. ETH also said earlier this season that Martial begged to play in one of our big games (can't remember which) as he felt we needed him despite struggling with injury.

There's also a fair chance that playing through injury under Ole for quite some time is why he's so injury prone now.

There probably is some element of truth in that he's iffy about playing when he's injured, but calling him a pansy is going too far. Especially as each time he does come back he basically gets reinjured that same game.

Skills

Snitch
There's also a fair chance that playing through injury under Ole for quite some time is why he's so injury prone now.
I mean it doesn't take a genius to add that up. His injury record was fine before Solskjaer turned up and ran him into the ground.

There should be an internal investigation at the club to protect the players from incompetent managers, so that this never happens again.

Wade3

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I mean it doesn't take a genius to add that up. His injury record was fine before Solskjaer turned up and ran him into the ground.

There should be an internal investigation at the club to protect the players from incompetent managers, so that this never happens again.
Particularly since the same seems to have happened with Rashford.

Irwin99

Last fixture before the international break is the 19th I believe, maybe it's best not to rush him back before then. If he could be fit for all of April and May and just contribute with some performances in the number 9 role then it could be a huge help to define the rest of our season.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Particularly since the same seems to have happened with Rashford.
And Pogba.

Rashford seems to have largely gotten over it (although he doesn't seem as agile as he once was), but it does appear that Pogba and Martial have effectively had their careers at the top level ended because of the injury issues. Maybe it was just coincidental, but it really does make you wonder if it is at least partly due to what was happening at the club at the time.

hobbers

He will play exactly one game for us between now and the end of his united career. Hope he makes it count

Bwuk

Sooner he's gone the better.

Let's stop pretending he's an option.

kaku06

Well my mate hasn't forgot about the bet I made that martial will score more than Nunez this season.. I may as well pay up now. 100 blips feck you Tony you useless cnut!
Betting on Martial to be reliable. You deserve it.

kaku06

Last fixture before the international break is the 19th I believe, maybe it's best not to rush him back before then. If he could be fit for all of April and May and just contribute with some performances in the number 9 role then it could be a huge help to define the rest of our season.
Sigh. Some people never learn.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
What’s going on with him? When’s his expected return date?

Santoryo

ripping the reward
What’s going on with him? When’s his expected return date?
So the story is that Martial has been able to train on grass for a couple of weeks now. However due to recent returns not being quite successful, the medical stuff have taken extra steps and precautions to ensure that when he comes back this time he doesn't injure himself right away. So they devised a program which he has been following and Ten Hag has said they're strictly sticking to it and hopefully they ensure that this time he doesn't have any further set back after returning.

So that's essentially the story behind this long delay for his return. He started training with the team this week after clearing the medical team first program of individual training, now the question is when will Ten Hag and the medical team feel comfortable to let him play a real game, that's assuming he doesn't have any set back in this final phase of his return.

next_number_seven

Whens his contract up?

I'd let him go for free.

When we bought him, he was supposed to be the next Henry and looked like he had everything

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
When asked at his press conference if Martial could play at the weekend, the boss replied: "Yeah, but I think, all the time, we had a good plan and until now it [didn’t] always [work well].

"But he is on his way back, he is back in training, but we will be cautious, yeah."

Status
Not open for further replies.