View full 2014-15 profile

5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

lifted

The foul for the free kick aside, I was really impressed with Valencia today. Offered much needed energy in midfield with Herrera out.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
Good game from him. Take away his responsibility to create and penetrate and you can appreciate his more workhorse attributes. Got to the ball first in 50/50s often, and kept things ticking with some good one touch passing aswel.

caisenma

I ♥ Adnan
So a guy who provides nothing offensively feck up two fouls in the space of a minute, the last of which results in a goal against means he's had a good game?

The guy is a joke.

acnumber9

We struggled when he came off. Baines was giving us serious problems and Fellaini was nowhere near him.

acnumber9

So a guy who provides nothing offensively feck up two fouls in the space of a minute, the last of which results in a goal against means he's had a good game?

The guy is a joke.
What a lot of old shite. Played a big part in our winner, helped defend against their biggest threat and played a big part in our winner.

ZDwyr

Was alright. Didn't want to poke my eyes out watching him. Well done.

Skills

Snitch
We're not fecked when Herrera's out. Good performance that, dare I say it looked more like his self from 11/12 when he was cutting in a lot more trying to link up with the forwards and playing 1-2s. Rather than just running out wide and trying to smash the ball through the full backs shins.

Ash_G

I was worried about him coming in but he did pretty well and his strength/pace does help. Would like him to do more going forward but if he can come in and do a decent shift like that its good for our options.

Sam

He did well. He's infinitely more tolerable in the centre then on the wing as our creative outlet.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
He was good today, i've seen him play like that with Ecuador, i can't remember against who (maybe Brazil), and he was as good as today. He can do a work in that position.

Shark

@NotShark
I hardly noticed him, which is a good thing. He did his job, fair play to him.

Get In Scholesy

He was fine today if I'm being honest. Made a silly foul, but other than that it was one of his better performances of the year. Can't fault him for too much. It was brilliant by van Gaal though, I'm sure he knows he is wasted on the wing these days so he moved him more centrally giving Rafa the freedom to role up the wing and attack whilst Tony sits in his position. It was excellent.

Sad that our right sided fullback is a better attacking outlet than our right winger though.

FromTheBench

He did a pretty good water carrier job in this sort of game.

6 interceptions and he killed their attacks with some clever fouls too and carrier the ball forward well though sucked when he got into the final third but was playing deeper today so will take it.

Walters_19_MuFc

Really impressed me today. He has all the attributes to be a box to box midfielder, and showed that today against a decent Everton side. He's definitely the closest we've got to Herrera, and I expect him to start whilst Herrera is out. Good game for Tony.

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
He did a pretty good water carrier job in this sort of game.

6 interceptions and he killed their attacks with some clever fouls too and carrier the ball forward well though sucked when he got into the final third but was playing deeper today so will take it.
Funny i was thinking his fouls were brain dead. Barging through the back of the Everton player and then the stupid foul that they scored the goal from within a minute of eachother

Blue always red

Very feisty today and put himself about well, something we've lacked in games where we just get bullied by tools. Also, that sliced ball he played to Di Maria was almost amazing.

Ace of Spades

He was good today, and fair play to him. Personally, I would have him as back up to Herrera rather than Fellaini or Fletcher.

We need players who can put in a shift and are mobile when playing like this in a diamond formation.

LARulz

He was excellent. Got himself about and provided a good outlet when attacking

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
After a slow start Valencia got going today, I hope being subbed off doesn't damage his confidence. It was great to see him start running at players again even if his final ball isn't there yet. Considering he was playing inside rather than on the flank I think he did a good job. Silly to give away the foul they got their goal from, still much better than he has been for ages though.

FromTheBench

Funny i was thinking his fouls were brain dead. Barging through the back of the Everton player and then the stupid foul that they scored the goal from within a minute of eachother
Some were over the top and some were good actually especially in their half. But that was his role and Herrera actually been doing the same too.

The one they scored off was stupid, i agree and bit nasty but it wasn't brain dead or really poor.

Black Adder

Rarer than an eclipse.
Made more attempts on inside runs than in previous 2 seasons combined.

Did well, strong in the tackle, doesn't just run to the byline and provides energy in the middle, enough for me.

Art

Art the artist
His best united performance in a while for me. Glad for him. Hope he is played in that position and not on the wings.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Was solid today. A good role for him which doesn't show his indecisiveness in the final third. Needs to cut down the careless fouls which he started doing only recently. Seems like a card waiting to happen.

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
Thought he played really well today, which was pleasing. I've been a big critic of him in the past, but I think he did a good job making sure Herrera wasn't missed. Made a good argument to be considered first back-up when Herrera is out. (Until Carrick returns, at least)

wiz4231

Had a good game. He was a little slow on the ball and slow in getting forward. A few needless fouls but in general did well in that position. He certainly was better than Fellaini in CM.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Decent shift today - didn't want to shoot my brains out watching him so that is definitely a thumbs up from me.

RedOldBoy

As I said in the Match Day thread; the thing about Valencia is that when he plays in deeper positions he gives away silly needless fouls other than that I though he played well today.

footballgirl07

As I said in the Match Day thread; the thing about Valencia is that when he plays in deeper positions he gives away silly needless fouls other than that I though he played well today.
This. Especially at the beginning, too many silly fouls. But overall, did okay in that role.