2014-15 Performances

View full 2014-15 profile

5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
I thought he did a great job shutting down that right flank for us. We already know his strengths as a footballer which can be very useful in games like this. His attacking threat has diminished but there's clearly a time and a place for him being so workmanlike.

Absolutely fantastic today. And his trademark smash finally payed off! :lol:
Well it's about time those ended up in the net again. By any means necessary.

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
Very good. Was much more aware of the space around him when defending than usual, very good to see. And yes, pleased his low cross thing finally worked but to be fair, it was the right thing to do in that scenario, so well done.

Devil may care

Prefer him as an out and out RB where we don't need him to try and attack, he's doing a job for now though.

Blue always red

A formidable asset in games like that. Was one moment late on when he sprinted like mad, nicked the ball and played it to Rooney who ended up stuttering and smashing it at Wilson. Good performance from him, bar the first 20-30 of the first half where everyone was below par.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
An actual, real life, really good performance from him (bar the first 20/25 like everyone else).... crazy.

Acole9

Outstanding
He did a good job on that right hand side today. That wing back role suits him as he has got the stamina to go up and down that line.

Sam

Thats the best he's played at right back by an absolute mile.

ZDwyr

He was solid. If he can keep this up then it'd really help us with the RB problem when Rafa is injured. I have no idea how he doesn't get picked up for foul throws though. Someone needs to have a word to him about them.

DJ Jeff

Not so Jazzy
Soaring like a candy wrapper caught in an updraft
He was solid. If he can keep this up then it'd really help us with the RB problem when Rafa is injured. I have no idea how he doesn't get picked up for foul throws though. Someone needs to have a word to him about them.
Thought I was seeing things because I kept noticing that too. He had a really, really blatant one in the second half where one of his feet was clearly off the ground.

Ekeke

I couldn't help laughing on one of those foul throws. It might have been the worst I've ever seen (aside from where the ball slips out of tha taker's hands)

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
I couldn't help laughing on one of those foul throws. It might have been the worst I've ever seen (aside from where the ball slips out of tha taker's hands)
I remember that one and thinking how on earth did he get away with it.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I'm 99% certain that refs have been told off the record to ignore foul throws unless an advantage has been gained from it i.e a really big throw or quickly taken. Let's be honest, throw ins are such an insignificant part of the game, it's just spoils the game calling a pro back for a "foul throw".

Even when you were playing u11's it was just a bloody nuisance when some pedantic ref would call them despite no actual advantage being made from it.

RuudTom83

Tony is one of the players in the team that will never give up or stop fighting, when United are dominating teams and playing pretty football he is useless tbf but when you need to scrap and fight for the points Tony never lets you down.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
I just can't get over his throw-ins. His back leg was a good foot off the ground and he never gets called on it. It just boggles the mind that the ref, commentators and apparently our staff have never noticed it.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
He did a good job on that right hand side today. That wing back role suits him as he has got the stamina to go up and down that line.
Pretty much. It plays to his strengths better than the right sided role either side. Stamina, workrate, if he could only learn to track his bloody man he might be of some use.

ZDwyr

Thought I was seeing things because I kept noticing that too. He had a really, really blatant one in the second half where one of his feet was clearly off the ground.
Yeah that one was so obvious and yet the commentary team didn't say anything. As Pexbo said, officials seem to just be ignoring them.

Grib

I'm a bit shocked a our match ratings of toni today, personally I thought he was great today. I'd say motm (I know most went ddg, but most of it was at him)

In the second half especially he was breaking down arsenal moves in dangerous areas and his release of the ball was hard to fault

MDFC Manager

Our first goal came from telling contributions from the 3 most maligned players of last season. Young, Fellaini and Valencia.

caisenma

I ♥ Adnan
Valencia was excellent defensively, but that goal was ridiculously fortunate. If it doesnt hit Gibbs, it goes out for am Arsenal throw in. I assume Rafael has his place back as soon as he's fit again.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I'm a bit shocked a our match ratings of toni today, personally I thought he was great today. I'd say motm (I know most went ddg, but most of it was at him)

In the second half especially he was breaking down arsenal moves in dangerous areas and his release of the ball was hard to fault
He is a very good player to have around. Most want a Di Maria (a star) in every position but that's not possible. Valencia is miles of where he used to be when he was a beast of a winger. But what a squad player to have a cracking option.

BennyBlanco

fixated with Shaw's bum
In fairness to him, he's not let us down in any of his performances this season, last year he was consistently ballsing up at right back and costing us, but no gaffs so far so fair play to him, Young did well today I thought also.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Valencia was excellent defensively, but that goal was ridiculously fortunate. If it doesnt hit Gibbs, it goes out for am Arsenal throw in. I assume Rafael has his place back as soon as he's fit again.
You need to watch the goal again. Rooney was in terrific position after Gibbs. There's no way you can claim with certainty that it was going for an Arsenal thrown in.
https://mediacru.sh/_kSkjU2pcDQ0

People will say anything here to discredit what Tony or Fellaini does

Man Utd 3:0 Hull City

Devil may care

Someone please reset his PS4 controller at half time as it seems the left stick is jammed, he needs to start offering an overlap for Fellaini or Herrera to play him in instead of stopping our attack every time the ball comes to him.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Gone very unnoticed so far this season but he is hugely improved from the last 2 seasons. Isn't the brilliant winger he once was but he's a very useful player to have and is performing very well every time he's on the pitch. Same with Young. Nobody can have any complaints about either of them really this season.

NM

Someone please reset his PS4 controller at half time as it seems the left stick is jammed, he needs to start offering an overlap for Fellaini or Herrera to play him in instead of stopping our attack every time the ball comes to him.
I think it was clear him and Young were instructed NOT to go forward much.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Thought he did very well today again. Almost never gets beaten one on one, almost never loses possession, not far off winning a penalty with a great run...pretty decent traits for a full back / wing back.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
I think it was clear him and Young were instructed NOT to go forward much.
That's what it seemed like. I had no issue in them both playing it safe.They both did so very well.

It seemed clear that the instruction for the entire team was ball retention. Last thing we needed was Valencia having a run, getting tackled and Hull going at it on the counter.

Pleased with his performances as a relatively un-glamorous wing back. Defensively strong and excellent ball retention.

shabadu84

Mint? Berry?
We have enough talent through the middle that we don't need to overrely on the wings the way we had in recent years. Lets them both play within themselves and help out rather than be the focal point in creating chances. Can't wait to have Rafael and Shaw back but with the run of fixtures we have, Valencia and Young should be able to keep it up.

ZDwyr

Another solid performance which is a good thing. Definitely get more going forward out of Rafael though. Although having a solid back-up is nice. Might save us some transfer money too.

Acole9

Outstanding
I think Rafael might have trouble getting back in the team if he carries on like this.

ZDwyr

Yeah Rafael has him covered pretty comfortably I think. However we all know Rafael probably won't last more than 3 matches unfortunately so it's not like Valencia will be out of the team for long.

Blue always red

I'd be interested to know which United player had the most touches in that game. Seemed like everything would go through Valencia...