View full 2014-15 profile

5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Ryan7

I thought the second half was the best half he's played in a dogs age as far as attacking goes, he looked to have some old spark back when he got one on one with the opposite FB.
Not to put a dampener on things but, him beating Pieters a couple of times was probably down to the fact Pieters was carrying a knock. Maybe he recovered from it, though.

Kag

His best game in a long time, that. Defended well and actually committed the opposition defender for a change. More of that please.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
With the way Valencia has and is playing Rafael has a long wait on the sidelines.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Also Valencia has mastered the art of knocking the ball way too far ahead of him and running into a player to win a free-kick.

Lawman

No chance. Rafael is a lot better at RB and better going forward than Valencia.[/QUOTE

Wouldn't disagree with you but in this form I would be surprised if LVG drops Valencia.

Dans

His best game in a long time, that. Defended well and actually committed the opposition defender for a change. More of that please.
Agreed. He had a good game last night - even looked magnificently composed when they broke out following our corner and was left as last man when he intercepted and turned effortlessly away from trouble and started our move back into their area again.

Melvyn

prostate examiner
I haven't seen him beat a defender like he did yesterday since 2011/12.

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
I still hope United are looking for a new RB, but Valencia is doing pretty well do far.

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
Great to see him drop the shoulder and move forward with pace again at times.

Ixion

I wish he would learn how to take a throw-in. It sounds ridiculous but that one he got called up on (which he does every game) was when we had a throw deep in Stoke's half and could have relieved some pressure by keeping it there but they got the throw instead and came straight up the other end on the attack. It baffling really.

Rossa

Wonders do happen - I saw him pass the ball with his left foot yesterday, and against Hull!

Also, discussions about him having lost pace should probably be over, right? His pace when running through their defense a couple of times was Bale-esque.

Raw

Wonders do happen - I saw him pass the ball with his left foot yesterday, and against Hull!

Also, discussions about him having lost pace should probably be over, right? His pace when running through their defense a couple of times was Bale-esque.
I'd love a gif of that burst of pace in the 2nd half into the penalty box with the fantastic cross that went across the face of goal following it. It was classic Valencia, really good to see.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
About time he got called for a foul throw-in. Hopefully someone takes him aside and tells him how to do it now. Oddly enough the one he got called for wasn't half as noticeable as some of his others either.

Wowi

Rød grød med fløde
Christ, he's annoying me. What does he actually do? When we're defending he's not even in the picture half the time, because he's wandered off and is marking some grass somewhere else on the pitch. He doesn't offer anything going forward (Rooney had a right moan about it during second half) and when he finally does it takes him absolute ages to get back. No sense of urgency whatsoever. In defence, he's never actually marking anyone. He's just running around randomly and passing his man on to the nearest United player. I actually believe that he's a big part of the reason our defence looks unorganised at times, because whoever comes out as cover (which is very much needed) more often than not actually ends up marking the man while Valencia wanders off.

Kazi

He never takes on the defender, ever. He doesn't even try to. The first thing on his mind is whether he should pass it sideways or backwards. Part of the reason we had nothing going forward today, our wingbacks need to drive the ball forward in this system.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
He never takes on the defender, ever. He doesn't even try to. The first thing on his mind is whether he should pass it sideways or backwards. Part of the reason we had nothing going forward today, our wingbacks need to drive the ball forward in this system.
Lacking in confidence doesn't make you a coward. I hate the use of that word in football these days.

Rossa

Good defensively, offers little to nothing going forwards. Last match he showed his pace and skinned a couple of players. He looked to have Bertrand on his knees a couple of times, but then decided against it. Is he so terrified of making mistakes or gaping holes in defense that he is unwilling to go forwards? He doesn't even make runs in behind defenses... Do you guys remember him when he played RB behind Nani? It was unfair to the opposition; Valencia's pace and crossing from behind must have been terrifying. Now they can put up a cone in defense and put two wingers instead.

Wowi

Rød grød med fløde
Good defensively, offers little to nothing going forwards. Last match he showed his pace and skinned a couple of players. He looked to have Bertrand on his knees a couple of times, but then decided against it. Is he so terrified of making mistakes or gaping holes in defense that he is unwilling to go forwards? He doesn't even make runs in behind defenses... Do you guys remember him when he played RB behind Nani? It was unfair to the opposition; Valencia's pace and crossing from behind must have been terrifying. Now they can put up a cone in defense and put two wingers instead.
Is he really though?

LeftyBlaster

Was abysmal today in my view. Did nothing to support moves going forward or on the counter. Has become an extremely timid player; we don't need that if we're to truly challenge for the title again. Would very much prefer a player that wasn't limited by his one footedness and lack of imagination.

saivet

I'm not even going to complain. Today is what I've come to expect from Valencia.

ZDwyr

He is a right winger playing as a right back and yet he refuses to go forward. There was one passage where Fellaini expected him to be overlapping into the space but he just stayed stationary.

DWelbz19

It reminds me a bit of Ultimate Team where you use a player with high pace and good defensive workrates so you play him because he will not get caught up the field. He just does... Nothing. Serious cover for Rafael is needed as we get better.

Devil may care

Solid enough, there's no longer any point in getting frustrated with him offering zero in attack, it's like stepping into a river and being surprised when you come out wet.

Dex_Utd

Such a limited player. How he has been with us for such a long time, I will never know. Seemed very afraid to go forward today, even though we were playing 3 at the back and he was supposed to provide width. Very unambitious as well, I don't think he has shown any desire over the years to improve himself. He has exactly the same limitations he had years ago - shit crossing, no left foot, can't beat a defender, zero creativity, easy sideways/backward passing and no risk taking.

Last edited: