Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
Really impressed with him recently.

He looks defensively solid, which he hasn't done in the past when SAF used to play him at right back.

I think Rafael will do well to get back in the team with Valencia in the kind of form he's in.

Minkaro

I thought he was great today, and some of his runs were really exciting to see. I actually voted him MOTM (although it's clearly De Gea) because I liked the improvement.

Wade3

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
That was the Valencia I was once a huge fan of. A good performance and just like with Young we'll hopefully see more of those.

Walters_19_MuFc

This is why I always say it's great to have a Valencia type player in your team. Nothing fancy, but more often than not, gets the job done and gives 100%.

Thought he had a great game today, and thought his run and assist to Rooney was brilliant for our first goal.

An Irish Red

He's taking people on again, finally. He has the ability and the pace/power for it so it's frustrating when he refuses to do so.

I'd rather he lost the ball the odd time taking people on than kept possession always by just passing to the nearest player. Much better that way.

Sylar

Taking on people is the thing we want to see. Whilst predictable he will run at people and try get it onto his right foot all the time, its his best trick and is hard to defend when hes at full pace. His assist for the first goal was fantastic.

What our strikers need to learn is when hes got the ball on the wing, run to the front post and you will most likely get a goal (opposite to when Young has it on the left, cuts in on his right to cross)

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
It won't be a popular opinion here but Rafael will need to work hard to reclaim his position back. So defensively solid and good attacking wise.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
He showed and proved that he has a future here. He also does well as a RB which is good to see

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
He beat his man and then got his head up and produced a good cross. Is it 2011?

Shark

@NotShark
He rolled back the years today. Looked like the man we signed in 2009 going forward, plus put in a great shift defensively. Delighted for him.

IrishLegend

Keep him as a full back if Rafa's injured.

Did really well today. I think if you're looking for someone offensive on the RW he's not the guy anymore but as a offensive RB to sub in for Rafa. Not doing too bad atm.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
I've said it once, I'll say it again... He's been better than Rafael this season and deserves to be first choice for the time being.

Godfather

Has come good offensively again our Tony.
Looked suspicious defensively at times though. Positionally that is.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
It won't be a popular opinion here but Rafael will need to work hard to reclaim his position back. So defensively solid and good attacking wise.
Been saying this for a while. Make Rafael fight to get back in the side and prove his fitness, gives Tony the confidence by saying "you're first choice, keep it up".

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
I've said it once, I'll say it again... He's been better than Rafael this season and deserves to be first choice for the time being.
I think Rafael's generally been decent when he's played, but in this current system I wouldn't begrudge continuing with Valencia due to how well he's been playing. Was very good in attack and defence.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Classic Valencia today. Excellent all around performance. He's great at winning the ball back and keeping hold of it when under pressure.

Acole9

Outstanding
A real danger going forward down that right hand side. Had me on the edge of my seat every time he moved forward because it looked like he was going to do something.

Rossa

The thing I really like about him defensively is that no fast or quick player worries me. He has them all in his pocket for power and pace. Sterling can try as much as he likes, but there is no chance of him out-sprinting Valencia. His assist was terrific, but right after he dribbled past 4 or five Liverpool players in our own half and carried the ball through the midfield - that was some piece of skill actually. He grew in confidence today. Moreno is very fast, but Valencia gave him nothing.

DDG was obviously motm, but Valencia (and Carrick) was great.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Saying he has looked better than a fit Rafael is going too far. Quality performance today though, nice to see him create something out of nothing for once.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He's really improving under LVG. He seems to have a better presence of mind about him and doesn't look out of ideas. Good stuff.

NinjaFletch

Has a horrible tendency to switch off and get caught out by diagonal balls.

That thats the only criticism I have of him is a good sign, I guess.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Yet another competent game as wing back. I think it's his best position; all those games at right back have really developed his overall game.

Provides excellent options with Rafael now on that right side. An unexpected bonus this season. LVG due a lot of credit for getting him back to his best.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Fantastic performance from him, he was likely our only player other than Carrick who could string passes together even while being pressed and the nutmeg for the goal was throwback Tony V. If not for De Gea, he'd be my man of the match.

Thisistheone

He's filled in brilliantly tbf for Rafa. Loved his meg on Allen for the first goal. And great to see him smiling and celebrating the goals. He's enjoying LvG's reign by the looks.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Will be interesting if he can play this well consistently at fullback. He did well agiast hull but they were no match for us on the day anyway, because thats how I think we'll play eventually in the long run.

Amethyst

It's banter lads, inn't?
Him and Young may well have saved their careers at United with these latest performances, happy to keep them around as backups for Shaw and Rafael.

The Law of Denis

LVG as a coach is perfect for someone like Valencia. He is following instructions to a tee and seems very confident in what to do next, a huge contrast to his constant hesitation last year

Ekeke

He even had some thoughtful crosses today where he looked up and actually tried to get under the ball and put it about headheight for people in the box. Granted they didnt work out, were generally a bit weak but its a promising sign that he's getting a clue about what to do with the ball.

Make no mistake, his set up for Rooney's goal was the worst defending you'll see all season. Confronted by 3 players, Valencia only need to beat 1 weak challenge from Allen to get free.

Having said that, its not his fault that Liverpool decided to collapse in front of him. All Valencia can do there is try and get away and he did so, then he found a teammate on the edge of the box with a pass. So credit to him for keeping his head there.

But I'm going to laugh at that one for quite a while to come

Played well today had more success than usual

Danny Boi

He struggles with lifted cross it seems, but those low crosses are much more dangerous. Did well today.
We need to work on getting people onto them though.We've had success with lifted crosses from the left recently but the low crosses from the right are equally dangerous if our forwards start making runs towards the near post.Hernandez used to be great at that,someone else needs to take up that mantle.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
We need to work on getting people onto them though.We've had success with lifted crosses from the left recently but the low crosses from the right are equally dangerous if our forwards start making runs towards the near post.Hernandez used to be great at that,someone else needs to take up that mantle.
That's correct, and I think Falcao is the one who can grab a couple of goals like that because he seems to be willing to attack the ball on the near post. It's not RvP game and Rooney seems to be playing deeper those days.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I like nothing more than to be wrong about a player I've had serious doubts over.

Van Gaal has transformed him and Young.

Kazi

Just here to apologise. Gave him some stick on Monday. Was in shock when he went past two players at once.