g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
Antonio Valencia image 25

Antonio Valencia Ecuador flag

2014-15 Performances

View full 2014-15 profile

5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Kant-ona

Has somebody a gif of the situation before Southhampton's goal? Valencia looked totally uninvolved like he didn't care at all. Always a few steps away from his opponent. (You can say the same about Fellaini of course.)

ZDwyr

Hopefully Rafael is back soon, he's definitely a level above Valencia. However I am still comfortable with Valencia being a back-up.

Ixion

He's such a coward. Please Rafael stay fit.
Coward might be too strong a word but he does not take any responsibility or iniitative. Young at least will try and beat his man, get a cross in, want the ball etc. Valencia if the ball finds it way to him just reverts to the same half yard burst then smash it against the defender, if he gets that far up the pitch. If we're not winning he has no confidence to try and change the game himself, he's a passenger most of the time. When we're decimated by injuries is the only time he should be playing, he shouldn't be anywhere near our first time otherwise, he just isn't the same player he was.

ManUnitedCanuck

Valencia finds it difficult playing on the outside with no other option overlapping. When he was playing on the wing and Rafael was flying by him, it makes the defender have to make a decision. Now when he gets the ball on the wing its up to him to beat his man or move the ball back inside. Most defenders now know that his likely move to get by them is to hit the ball past them and try to out run them so they take it away and force him on his left where he is much less harmful.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
The half-arsed Liverpool defence made that assist look more impressive than it was. Cool as a cucumber, though. Love to see that from him.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Fantastic contribution for the goal. Looks so much more comfortable and dangerous on the ball today in general, hopefully he keeps it up.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I expected him to aimlessly smash the ball across the goal. I'm glad I was wrong.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
The Rooney assist was beautiful :drool: I was on my feet just for the megs

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
Looking a better option than Rafael lately. Taking the pressure off to get a new RB.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Well played so far. He looks more confident in his abilities, do that more often Valencia.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Thought he was impressive, dominant in the first half. A real asset when he's running with the ball.

Empire

I think Liverpool gave us the first goal.

Do you know when you are forced to do something, you have no choice and you kind of just do it?

So you leave your work to the last day of the deadline and then it's easy to get it done or you're chased by a dog and you just run, you have no choice.

Liverpool had two players on Valencia, it looked like he actually tried to turn back but one of the opposing players cut off his route back to the keeper, he actually had no choice but to try and get past Allen, and he panicked, Valencia panicked and put it through Allen's legs.

After that he was on fire, sometimes he got overexcited but that gave him confidence.

Liverpool would have been better off just having one player come across and give him the choice to pass it back, we all know he would have done it.

lem8sh

The coaching staff should pin a picture of him megging Allen to the wall of the dressing room to keep reminding him what he's capable of. Too many times over the past two years whe's threatened to leave his poor form behind only to revert to type the next game.

Sam

That was brilliant for the first goal. Just utterly brilliant.

When so see he can still do that kind of stuff, it so annoying that he doesn't do it more often.

Jev

Been much better recently. I like Rafa more but Valencia is starting to look like a perfectly fine no. 2.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
Fantastic first half. Second was a little quieter but he was still solid defensively.

I think the only mistake he made all game was letting Moreno in behind him, but even then he recovered well.

VanGaalEra

Him and Young are growing in confidence every game!!

We actually have cover for the full back positions that we didn't know we had.

Golden Nugget

Absolutely brilliant. Been disappointed in him for a long time and he was just fantastic tonight. If it wasn't De Gea, he would have easily been my MOTM. Extremely happy with him.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Good stuff from Tony. He has been a good backup at RB and is a bit better on the attack side than Rafa.

Dylan94

I can never criticise him ever again after that piece of sublime skill that led to the first goal. Seriously though I thought he was brilliant again today. Played well defensively and ripped Liverpool apart down the right hand side all afternoon.