5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
I quite like that we can compare and contrast our player rating to the average rating. So I know which players I may be overrating, or RedCafe may be underrating.

bishblaize

I quite like that we can compare and contrast our player rating to the average rating. So I know which players I may be overrating, or RedCafe may be underrating.
I underrate every player apparently, which is weird coz I dont see myself as a moaner.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
There was a moment in the 2nd half when a corner came out to him outside the area. Instead of playing a simple pass to the left, he turned 180 degrees and ran horizontally across the pitch before running down the right flank again. All to avoid passing with this left!

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
There was a moment in the 2nd half when a corner came out to him outside the area. Instead of playing a simple pass to the left, he turned 180 degrees and ran horizontally across the pitch before running down the right flank again. All to avoid passing with this left!
Incredible commitment really. Berbatov used to do the same, or try and hook it with the outside of his foot.

Completely one footed players annoy me. We seem to have a lot of them.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Incredible commitment really. Berbatov used to do the same, or try and hook it with the outside of his foot.

Completely one footed players annoy me. We seem to have a lot of them.
Berbatov looked exquisite and nonchalant though:drool:

Valencia looks crap.

I do wonder though why he hasn't improved upon it. You look at Herrera in the team, so completely at ease with either foot and surely you've gotta feel a bit embarrassed at how bad you are?!? I know I would if it was me.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Berbatov looked exquisite and nonchalant though:drool:

Valencia looks crap.

I do wonder though why he hasn't improved upon it. You look at Herrera in the team, so completely at ease with either foot and surely you've gotta feel a bit embarrassed at how bad you are?!? I know I would if it was me.
When your 9 to 5 is training, practicing and improving as a footballer, there really should be no excuse for not working on your weak foot. I find it astounding how players can play at this level with a useless weak foot. You'd think coaches would notice it and have one footed players working on it.

I still rate him as a solid RB though. He would have been much better than McNair was, who was just all over the place.

ZDwyr

If Rafael is being frozen out then Valencia has to be our RB. McNair is nowhere near ready to be a starting RB for a PL team. Thought he was solid enough anyway, was basically the usual. Had to laugh at the commentator who said something about always getting great delivery from him out wide.

Rossa

If Rafael is being frozen out then Valencia has to be our RB. McNair is nowhere near ready to be a starting RB for a PL team. Thought he was solid enough anyway, was basically the usual. Had to laugh at the commentator who said something about always getting great delivery from him out wide.
His delivery wasn't half bad today though, but on a general note, that is quite amusing. Did you see him knocking it hard and low with his left, ancle destroyer style? He is two footed after all.

Kag

His improvements defensively are actually quite phenomenal. He's become a good player to have around again as opposed to the liability he was.

Raw

Honestly I much prefer him over Rafael right now. Though Rafael doesn't deserve to be completely left out like he is right now.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I really like him at rightback. Especially when he has a winger ahead of him.

When he played as a winger before he played the conservative supporting role the fullback should play and it was fraustrating. Now he has learnt the fullback position properly he's becoming a real credit to the side. He won't be beaten for speed or strength and he's rarely rash or over commits.

The only trouble he has is that he's so fecking hench he finds it physically impossible to do a legal throw in.

Amethyst

It's banter lads, inn't?
His attacking could still be a lot better but he got in a nice cutback that Rooney should have done more with. Defensively sound again- with Valencia these days, it's almost like the less you notice him the better he's played.

Rossa

When he played as a winger before he played the conservative supporting role the fullback should play and it was fraustrating. Now he has learnt the fullback position properly he's becoming a real credit to the side. He won't be beaten for speed or strength and he's rarely rash or over commits.

The only trouble he has is that he's so fecking hench he finds it physically impossible to do a legal throw in.
Valencia really facilitated Januzaj on that flank today. Like Young, Valencia also looks faster these days - his sprints to overlap Januzaj were great to see. Also, he had a terrific cross for Young that nearly resulted in a goal and his flicks in and around the box are quite something at times.

I think he's starting to get unnoticed. He more or less kills off counter attacks by simply outpacing and outmuscling the opposition attackers. Very solid displays defensively as of late, and he can even head the ball. As you said, he doesn't have to bulk UP though.

Sam

He's a better defender then he is an attacker nowadays.

Its bloody mental :lol:

AttackingFlair

He is doing a very good job at right back - credit to him. Only one moment from him annoyed me when he failed to release a cut back, but apart from that he was great.

Devil may care

Glad you bumped this thread. Valencia is Mr consistent, who always gives 110%.
He's on a really good run of form and one of the few players that have shown any consistency in the last few months, he's really made an effort to become a proper RB in my view.

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons

:lol: His throw ins are just bizarre. Surely someone in the coaching staff must have had a word by now. How hard can it be?

Is really mastering the RB position though. Probably one of the best in the league this season.

Roboc7

He has improved dramatically as a rb, we should be looking for a new one still but he will be very good competition for the new arrival.

beergod

He's a better defender then he is an attacker nowadays.

Its bloody mental :lol:
Somehow LVG has turned him from a "modern" fullback (failed winger) into a classic defensive fullback. Tony just forgot to failed as a winger much later than most converted players. I think it is clear that he has benefited from LVG's extreme attention to detail as far as what he is expected to do when defending, because he never looked this competent defensively when played at RB in the past.

He looks far better when he has a wide player to overlap. He just doesn't have a cross from deep like a natural fullback should have developed by now.

But this whole metamorphosis is just bizarre with its speed and how natural he looks at the position. He plays like I imagine Luke Shaw would if he never progresses as an attacker.

itso 7

If he keeps it up we might not need a new RB at all. I'm just hoping he gets his offensive game to improve just a notch and he will perfect for us.

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
He's a bit underrated as a fullback, because he's not running around flying into tackles or doing anything noticeably brilliant, but he's looking very reliable and solid and not much is getting past him as he's so strong and quick. A dependable consistent unspectacular player that stays fit which makes him a far better bet than Rafael at the minute for us.

ZDwyr

He's very solid and it was another solid performance. Would probably still rather him be a back-up though.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Has improved his defending quite a bit. I've always been vocal about his errors leading to goals when playing right back, but he's been switched on this season. Credit where it's due.

ChaddyP

Amazing that people still think that Rafael should play over him when he's in this form. Rafael being left out of the team in this matter is uncalled for, Rafa should get more games, but, Valencia is in the form of his life. Rarely is he beaten defensively, and not too bad overlapping and providing width. Been immense for me and i wanted him as far away from OT as possible over the summer :lol: . Life is funny i tell you.

NoLogo

If he keeps it up we might not need a new RB at all. I'm just hoping he gets his offensive game to improve just a notch and he will perfect for us.
He had one decent game against a fairly poor opponent so far. We need a new right back starter and Valencia isn't the kind of caliber we need to get back to the top. He might have improved defensively but going forward he still offers nothing which is pretty much what he has been doing for almost 3 seasons now.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
He's a bit underrated as a fullback, because he's not running around flying into tackles or doing anything noticeably brilliant, but he's looking very reliable and solid and not much is getting past him as he's so strong and quick. A dependable consistent unspectacular player that stays fit which makes him a far better bet than Rafael at the minute for us.
I reckon he's the sort of player who opposition wingers are starting to dread playing against. As I said above, you can't beat him for pace or strength, his positioning is getting very good now and, especially with a winger ahead of him, he can really keep the opposition winger and fullback on the backfoot in their own half.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
He's definitely improved defensively, which is great. He really needs to to work on his crossing still. I fear it is like banging your head against a brick wall though, or In Valencia's case, a football.

Ixion

I've given him lots of stick as I've thought he wasn't good enough for us for a while now but to be fair to him he's putting in decent performances and he is finally starting to vary his crosses which is important as so many of our attacks go through him.

Skills

Snitch
I liked him going forward yesterday. Good link up play and drove the ball forward pretty well.

bugmat

Him and Januzaj looked good together - much better than when ADM was there because ADM unerringly went inside meaning there was never any overlapping and overloading (or he didn't use it). Made a great cross that Young almsot scored from, and almost set up Wazza fter a great run into the box. I always preferred him as a winger as he used to ball watch but I think Louis' coaching team have fixed that and he's quite solid now. Better than Evra was the last 2 years with us as he also gets back constantly.