g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
Antonio Valencia image 25

Antonio Valencia Ecuador flag

2014-15 Performances

View full 2014-15 profile

5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

fallengt

United Facebook fans are funny. Blind and Rojo wasn't particular outshone everyone but they've been very solid. Tony can defend well but his final ball is just shite.
Also Rojo got the lowest vote?? This is nonsense

manutddjw

He's done a good job defensively and been very reliable at RB. The issue is his lack of contribution going forward. It becomes a problem because it seems so much of our attack gets directed wide right and he's not doing anything positive.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
In attack shocking. In defense very good.

Played as a fullback, that's an acceptable performance.

NK86

It's his brainfart and the touch of a pub player is what cost us that goal. If LVG has no faith in Rafael then he better buy a top quality RB in the summer. Valencia does not deserve to be United's first choice RB. He is fkng awful offensively.

Devil may care

Turn back Tony has become mop up Tony, covered for our CB's a number of times today and was overall solid.

DevilRed

He was bloody immense today. Ran the whole right flank on his own. The diamond is such a shit formation when it comes to protecting the backline.

He had to basically man the entire right side of the pitch himself and he came through with flying colors.

Stadjer

He did alright for most of the time but his lack of a decent first touch got West Ham the freekick which resulted in the goal. Also the moment he got the ball on the right wing, he controled the ball, waited, waited, waited, looked to the middle, crossed and hit the first incoming playing was bad. It was so bad i had to laugh actually

Amethyst

It's banter lads, inn't?
I don't think he's been bad defensively this season and at least he's not injured half the time like most of our defenders. Offensively still offers next to nothing but then again, our midfielders (Rooney in particular) are guilty of too often taking the easy option knowing he'll be there.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
That moment when he had time and space to cross it first time but decided to control it, just to hammer it on their defenders was funny. It's like a robot was programmed to do it.

Bojan11

Can we get Beckham or Neville back, so they can have a one to one session with him on how to cross the ball.

ottosec

Thought he did well, but maybe my expectations when it comes to him are very low.

kps88

It all goes to shit when he attempts the final ball, but apart from that he's been one of our most reliable players this season. Always makes himself available and covers loads of ground on and off the ball. And most of this has been from RB without a proper winger in front of him.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
That moment when he had time and space to cross it first time but decided to control it, just to hammer it on their defenders was funny. It's like a robot was programmed to do it.
That’s exactly what he is. He’s the kind of first-generation Russian robot that can only run in straight lines but is very reliable and never breaks. You can’t update him because they don’t produce them anymore- this version turned out to be too limited for the market.

Good defensively but I find his attacking play amazingly poor. Short term solution but I would love McNair to take that rightback spot from him as soon as possible (if he can cross then he’s already close).

Hed Zitin

He's defended very well. I cannot remember anyone getting the better of him, but it's so annoying he's our only attacking width on the right. The guy is absolute shit in the attacking third.

Kant-ona

He was a fantastic defender today imo. Just watch specially the first half again - wonderful and important tackle after wonderful and important tackle.

NoPace

Showed again he's a good professional and useful squad player until his legs go, though if we sign another RB, it should probably be at some other big club that needs RW, RM, RCM, RW and RB cover.

Kag

He deserves lots of credit for the improvement of his defensive game. The difference from last season to this is exceptional in this regard.

ThanksBoss26

He deserves lots of credit for the improvement of his defensive game. The difference from last season to this is exceptional in this regard.
Absolutely, he got caught out time and time again when Moyes put him back there last season.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
It's really absurd. He looks like a defensive fullback, in the mould of Shaw, Azpi etc... Who defend well but leave a lot to be desired offensively, and nothing like a winger playing RB.

roykeane19

Is an absolute machine , one of those players every team needs, I know hes poor going forward, but hestill always gets forward, and doesnt shy away from receiving the ball, always running up and down, no nonsense player

Raw

RB seems to be his new long term position which I'm happy with, he's been fantastic defensively.

His attacking is annoyingly crap though, could do with a quality player on the right in front of him.

ThanksBoss26

It's really absurd. He looks like a defensive fullback, in the mould of Shaw, Azpi etc... Who defend well but leave a lot to be desired offensively, and nothing like a winger playing RB.
I think the days of him playing as a winger are gone now, even if we went back to a formation that adopts them. If he can turn himself into a Right Back capable of starting games and performing consistently (as he has for the most part recently), then fair play to him. Van Gaal certainly seems to prefer him to Rafael.

Winrar

Not a bad defensive performance, though disappointed that his mistake indirectly led to their goal.

Shit on a stick offensive performance, though. But if he becomes a RB then I won't count that as much against him.

Djemba-Djemba

Defensively he was pretty solid today, made a few sliding tackles that were really well judged and timed.

Going forward he's useless but as an actual defender he's no weak link. I'd still want a new first choice right back bought in the Summer though.

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
Thought it was one of his better defensive displays, still a shadow of Rafael though. Credit to him though, he has been performing well in a hopelessly balanced side.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
He's done a bit of a 180 the past couple of years. Defensively great these days and shite going forward. Ironic really for someone so fond of doing a 360 when facing his fullback.

Sam

His transformation into a defender is pretty much complete.

And to think, this guy was our main offensive outlet in a title winning season just a few years ago :lol::houllier:

Raw

His transformation into a defender is pretty much complete.

And to think, this guy was our main offensive outlet in a title winning season just a few years ago :lol::houllier:
Not even that, he was arguably one of the best wingers in Europe alongside Nani. How times change.

El Zoido

He's so poor going forward it's unreal. It badly affects our buildup play since we go through him so often. He's just so slow and indecisive, any momentum we had in the attack dies when the ball is at his feet. For me, Rafael must play when available.