View full 2014-15 profile

5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

FujiVice

Playing wingers at right back was always going to come back and bite us on the arse. And it did tonight.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Man of the Match for me. Yes he shouldn't have under hit the back pass but then why didn't Jones clear the fecking ball when he had the chance?.

Apart from that though he hardly have sanchez a sniff and attacked well. Was solid all game imo.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
Actually thought he was one of, if not the, worst player tonight. Looked so clueless defending that pretty much all of their threat came on our right hand side.

PlayerOne

Man of the Match for me. Yes he shouldn't have under hit the back pass but then why didn't Jones clear the fecking ball when he had the chance?.

Apart from that though he hardly have sanchez a sniff and attacked well. Was solid all game imo.
Disagree mate, I thought he was poor all-round. Passing was off, defending was very poor and did nothing going forward.

Ekeke

9 times out of 10 Valencia has performed well as our backup right back this season.

Tonight was a poor night where he clearly had to be subbed off before he did us too much harm to come back from. And its compounded by the fact that our best RB is fit and has been available without selection for a while. Which suggests that in LVG's mind Valencia is first choice RB

So in summary - a good enough backup RB, not a good enough first choice RB and it was a poor choice to pick him in such a big game and completely and utterly crazy to keep him on when he's out there having a mare.

Raw

What an absolutely horrible performance from him. I praised him earlier but today really showed his ability against a top player like Sanchez.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
He's not good enough to be our long-term right back. He can mask his mistakes when we're controlling games by offering a decent attacking threat, but he's simply not a full-back overall, and it showed tonight. Horrendous error for the second goal.

Bojan11

What game were you watching?

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
9 times out of 10 Valencia has performed well as our backup right back this season.

Tonight was a poor night where he clearly had to be subbed off before he did us too much harm to come back from. And its compounded by the fact that our best RB is fit and has been available without selection for a while. Which suggests that in LVG's mind Valencia is first choice RB

So in summary - a good enough backup RB, not a good enough first choice RB and it was a poor choice to pick him in such a big game and completely and utterly crazy to keep him on when he's out there having a mare.
I'd agree with this. I think he can be competent in the position against smaller teams, but unless it's completely necessarily, he really should not be playing there when we're up against top opposition because it's what results in him getting exposed.

Ish

Lights on for Luke

This.

Had a mare out there.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...

Yeah, I'd agree with that too.

I just hate him though, even when he was a good winger a couple years back I hated him. His whole limited style of play gets on my nerves and his bloody throw-ins.

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
How has a guy so out of his depth for so much of his time at United managed to play so many fecking games?

RexHamilton

Gumshoe for hire
Nail in the coffin tonight. His mistake leaves us out of the cup. Culpable for the first goal too but the second was unforgivable.

He's not nearly good enough to be our first choice full back or right midfielder. Thanks for the service, but it's time to go.

ZDwyr

Was shown up drastically but he has been solid up until now though. Unfortunately it happened in a big game. The under hit backpass was awful.

Ballache

Supports
Martial

really? Sanchez ran at him at will, he was one of the worst players on the pitch and that's before the backpass. I shat myself everytime Sanchez went 1-on-1 against him.

justboy68

Considering Rafael is out of favour we are surely in the hunt for a right back in the summer anyway. I expect Valencia will still be around as backup, which is fine. Cost us tonight though the silly buggar.

JoaquinJoaquin

How has a guy so out of his depth for so much of his time at United managed to play so many fecking games?
Exactly this. Was actually shocked by the amount of people defending him even up until a few days ago. Players like him, Fellaini, Jones and co. are why we are stagnating in a big way.

Adam-Utd

really? Sanchez ran at him at will, he was one of the worst players on the pitch and that's before the backpass. I shat myself everytime Sanchez went 1-on-1 against him.
That's he effect good players have, hazard is the same. I thought he generally did well though unless he let him get turned and running, but then everybody would find that tough.

Shark

@NotShark
Nail in the coffin tonight. His mistake leaves us out of the cup. Culpable for the first goal too but the second was unforgivable.

He's not nearly good enough to be our first choice full back or right midfielder. Thanks for the service, but it's time to go.
How many times has that been said? he'll start our next game and the ten after that.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Thought he had a good game if you ignore him being mainly at fault for both goals. Unfortunately you can't ignore that. All over the place and way too soft in the tackle for their first, and then the second was just an under hit back pass. It happens, but it's cost us the result today.

acnumber9

I can only imagine the excuses that would be made for Rafael if he made the same mistake. Nice to see people couldn't wait for their opportunity to pounce. This place really is a sad indictment on Utd fans at times.

ZDwyr

Not sure what van Gaal was on about in his post-game praise of Valencia.