5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

lilcurt

When he came the the club I thought he had pace and likes to beat a man? All he does is a side drag and backpass. Early days and still plenty of time to come good but we need more from his attacking.

edgecutter

He's had a half a season and already people are binning him off.

Sancho has been worse and hardly played, but people here are salivating that he will make a difference. Have patience. If he's still playing like this next year we can have a debate that he may be a dud.

Lecland07

Casemiro is responsible for his own actions but Antony going on like some Sunday league teenager started the chaos
Antony was in the ditch when the handbags started, though. So, he didn't start any of that at all.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
People blaming him for Casemiro in the match thread etc. are being silly.

However, there are concerns around him. He just cannot beat his man when squaring up to them. His defensive contribution are pretty good, though; starting to wonder whether wing back is more his position.
:lol: wing back because he tracks back ?

He is absolutely doing fine. He isn't your typical Mahrez kind of winger but rather a player who is quite good on the ball and can keep the possession. I have no idea why people are expecting something that he isn't capable of.

Moston Red

Formerly Giggs1973
Most useless "trickster" I've ever seen in football.
There’s been a few but at the moment he’s up there with the best. He needs that part of his game knocking out of him and learn to play a more simple game. If he can do that we’ve got a decent player.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Still willing to give him a bit more time but my word he needs to improve massively.

He who shall not be named is three times the player this guy is. We are into February and still no PL assist. That's just not acceptable for £84m. That wouldn't be acceptable for £30m.

Paul778

He stiffles all output down the right hand side since he's so one dimensional. Yet again in the first half he got away down the right but nothing came of it because he has to check inside.

We are exhausting our team by not finishing games when we are on top. Having a forward line that consists of just Rashford who is in form is crazy.

Let's hope Sancho finds some form but we have no easy games now coming up.

(I'll cut Wout some slack cos he's just arrived and none of our players are actually trying to play him in.)

spiriticon

I don't like him much. He's crap and a wind up merchant

Improve or get out the team

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I like him. He doesnt look like a flop, just someone who isnt a success yet.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Redcafe has an irrational hatred for him. Our threat down the right was the best part of our first half performance. Blaming him for the red takes the cake though :lol:

Bobski

I don't blame him for reacting, the slope off the pitch at OT makes it dangerous to get shoved like that.

Weird player, exceptionally good at holding the ball, providing an outlet, maintaining pressure, but uncomfortable when in A1 winger positions with a chance to really attack a man. He is good, but the balance around him needs to bring the things he doesn't.

Reminds me a little of Alexsander Hleb in how hard he is to take the ball off.

Skills

Snitch
I don't think you can pass him the ball on the break. Just ignore him and pick another ball

sport2793

The price tag really gets to people's heads, plus the guy was slammed into the slopes, can't fault him for getting mad about that.

Sylar

Rolls the ball pointlessly which allows the defenders to get back. I know its early days but there's very little to hold on to. Can't beat a player, can't cross, not rapid, not a good passer.
Yeah I noticed the ball rolling thing to slow down a counter and let the defender get ahead of him. I know Antony doesn't wanna use his right but I don't get why Antony doesn't cut across and still be on his left foot

Antony kills counter attacks. The oppositions and ours. He's great getting back to cover, helps the team maintain its shape and always puts in a shift tracking back. However, when we try to spring the trap on the opposition he's practically useless.
Yeah he's great defensively for counter attacks on us. I think he is good for a counter attack when the ball is on the left and he's joining in rather than him being the ball carrier

Lecland07

He is absolutely doing fine. He isn't your typical Mahrez kind of winger but rather a player who is quite good on the ball and can keep the possession. I have no idea why people are expecting something that he isn't capable of.
Well, he needs to go somewhere.

The two bolded points are very concerning for a Manchester United player, though.

Real Name

Redcafe has an irrational hatred for him. Our threat down the right was the best part of our first half performance. Blaming him for the red takes the cake though :lol:
Yes, I think the same. Its not just criticism, it's irrational hate. He got pushed by Schlupp and handbags started without him and yet he gets blamed for the red. Mental. Its pure hate at this point.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Incredible. A 30 year old man grabbing someones neck is the fault of the man being pushed down a slope into the ad boards.

sport2793

I don't blame him for reacting, the slope off the pitch at OT makes it dangerous to get shoved like that.

Weird player, exceptionally good at holding the ball, providing an outlet, maintaining pressure, but uncomfortable when in A1 winger positions with a chance to really attack a man. He is good, but the balance around him needs to bring the things he doesn't.

Reminds me a little of Alexsander Hleb in how hard he is to take the ball off.
One thing to add to this is his defensive work is actually very good including today, better than what you would expect from a player who likes to try a lot of tricks on the ball.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Harsh comments on him today. Thought he was fine?
He was. The fact that there are genuinely people in here trying to blame him for the red card tells you everything you need to know.

Real Name

Thought he was very good
Don't listen to some of the guys here, they have they comments at the ready whatever the game and however he plays. They even blame him for the red after he got pushed which was Really dangerous cause of that slope.

Frank White

We need to define "doing fine" he's doing the bare minimum.... He's not exactly a huge goal threat and he's not creating much, he's just there.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Well, he needs to go somewhere.

The two bolded points are very concerning for a Manchester United player, though.
No it's not. What you said and what I said are entirely different. You are expecting a Mahrez but he is more of a hybrid player aka Bernardo (not ability wise)

Shai-Hulud

Absolutely terrible value for money.

Getting more tired of this guy. Why is his complete inability to use his right foot not being coached out?

As for the Case red... It wasn't Antony's fault for being pushed off the pitch, but he's responsible for reacting the way he did. Everyone knows Antony has a fragile ego and can be wound up now to create a fracas and throw the cat among the pigeons. It gave Palace a way back into the game.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
Was out performing Rashford who then got his goal and was comfortably better than Bruno despite his goal. Not a lot too moan about in that performance.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
When he got pushed, he was just standing on the ball right? The bit of trickery was a few mins before that push if I remember correctly, this wasn't this moment?

Godfather

Can we threadban some of he constant moaners about him? Makes this thread miserable and it's over the top. He was fine today.

SER19

Don't listen to some of the guys here, they have they comments at the ready whatever the game and however he plays.
Its weird. He was dangerous today, some lovely little passes, kept possession well (crossing stats skew this against attackers) and contributed well defensively. Was involved in most of our more intricate play. Was more direct at times too which is what i still want more of

El Jefe

Let's say a prayer for all the fullbacks he comes up against. Antony has backpassed them to death this season.

Dreadful at dribbling, crossing, finishing and basically anything that directly involves attempts at goal.

He doesn't even look like a player struggling to come to terms with the league, this is just what he is. He won't suddenly be a dribbling machine in another top league or be an accurate crosser of the ball. Ten Hag fecked this one up big time but at least he got it right with Martinez.

If Sancho's sabbatical has done him any good he should displace this chancer in no time.

Cathy Ferguson

He is good in possession and has a good shot but has no acceleration and a poor final ball. He can still improve but I doubt he will ever justify the price tag or even be good enough if we want to win the PL title.

mu4c_20le

We need to define "doing fine" he's doing the bare minimum.... He's not exactly a huge goal threat and he's not creating much, he's just there.
I think it means he didn't feck up, ie lose the ball. If someone actually tries stuff ie Rashford but loses the ball then its a bad performance.

wangyu

I like his effort and his never say die attitude, he is good for progressing the ball from point A to B but then he isn't creating anything, no key passes, no key dribbles and and very mixed shots on goal. That's is not what was promised me. I was told he would be an at times unstoppable wide attacker. I think he turned out to be too expensive for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.