5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Man-United

Should work on his temperament, this guy always get angry at least once during the game.

Abraxas

I thought he was poor. It's hard to work out what he's trying to do when we break away and he's carrying the ball. That's a situation you get 2 or 3 times a game in the PL as a winger and it's a prime opportunity to deliver. I never have the sense Antony is in control of those situations or even has an idea of what he's trying to do.

At the moment he looks like he'd be a better third man in midfield than as a winger! He's quite safe with the ball in our half, decent touch, works really hard for the team which are all good qualities for a water carrier but he really needs to improve as an attacker.

M Bison

Supports
York City
Still think he’ll come good. We’ve not seen anywhere near enough from him for his price tag but for me he does seem to be improving. Obviously we do need to see more of a goal threat but I remain convinced he’ll be a good player for us.

The Hilton

Plays like a coward with the ball. He’s more and more infuriating as time goes on.

Obviously Casemiro has done himself no favors but Antony being a hot headed idiot is what kicked off the whole thing, so he shoulders some of the blame there for me (rightly or wrongly). I just don’t like him.
Unfortunately you've allowed the bit in bold to override your rationality when assigning blame - Casemiro pushed Schlupp before Anthony did, and to be honest neither of them are to blame for setting off that melee - Schlupp is for his thuggery, and the ref is for allowing it.

As for the football side of things, the game mostly passed him by today, he's not the pacy winger that most people seem to want him to be, and he won't look his best until we've evolved into the possession based team that ETH is building us into.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Burnt his fullback on the outside twice today.

People wanted to see that, and he's doing it more regularly.

Even had a shot on his right foot :eek:

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Ball retention and defensive covering was excellent
Yeah wasn't too bad at that. Is that enough? We played a bottom half of the table team at home.

We are in February and he still hasn't got a PL assist. Thats really not good enough.

Dinghy

Finally got rid of Mata and then we go and get this guy... Is it too much of me to expect a 85 mill winger to deliver at least one good cross in 6-7 months of football?

ManRed

I think ETH wants a play maker RF then an attacker. He fits the mould of keeping the ball, recycling and doing his defensive duties. Left Wing is more direct with Rashford and Shaw. Makes sense when you see Bruno moves to the RW usually after Anthony sub.

Ten Lasso

He needs to grow the feck up. Why is he attempting rainbow flicks, I'd have clattered him too. Case can't be doing that though.

krazyrobus

What did we used to call Tony V in his latter days as a winger, turnback Tony? I think we can resurrect that name for Antony.

Red_toad

He works hard but he started that whole melee. Needs to control himself better. Stop doing fancy tricks and release the ball quicker. We had a counter in the first half and he started doing tricks.
Started the melee? He was deliberately shoved off the pitch into the advertising hoardings, not sure how you missed Schlupp starting the melee?

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Interesting that fans are turning against him after a game we won. We're also in pretty good situation in different competitions all things considered.

Imagine what happens after a few bad results. He will be sent to Netherlands for a rehab next season!

mu4c_20le

Started the melee? He was deliberately shoved off the pitch into the advertising hoardings, not sure how you missed Schlupp starting the melee?
He's getting roasted on social media for acting like his arm was broken, then jumping up and going after Schlupp. He needs to be smarter than that.

RedIan

He was shoved and the drop off the pitch is steep so it always looks far worse, its happened loads of time without a big melee. Anthony lost the plot acting like a hot headed pratt and caused the mass scuffle that led to us loosing Casamiro for 3 games. So unnecessary.

SirScholes

Yep. If he stayed down, the Palace player gets booked as well as any additional aggressors. He got right back up for some reason and joined the fight, which escalated it
Agreed, and we’d of probably won by 4 bettering of GD

Red_toad

He was shoved and the drop off the pitch is steep so it always looks far worse, its happened loads of time without a big melee. Anthony lost the plot acting like a hot headed pratt and caused the mass scuffle that led to us loosing Casamiro for 3 games. So unnecessary.
Schlupp caused the incident. Casemiro is his own man and is responsible for how he acts. Blaming Antony for causing Schlupp to shove him off the pitch and how Casemiro reacted is just bizarre. Should have stayed down, forced the ref to take action yes, but not responsible for others reactions at all.

Davie Moyes

Jesus, some of the comments in here :houllier:
Yep, mind-boggling isn't it? We either have a lot of bots on here or loads of opposition fans in disguise that hate on Antony.

90% of the posts in this whole thread are :houllier:.

We have posters in here claiming he is their most detested player, others claiming they would sell him for 25m etc. Sure we overpaid for him but in today's market rate, he's easily around a 60m player so why would they sell him for 25m???

Davie Moyes

If anything Antony did his bit right. Nothing wrong with some good old show-boating. The intention is to rile up the opposition, where there is the threat the opponent will do something and get carded. It's not his fault that the f*cking ref decides to punish a Utd player the most severely in that melee. In fact Schlupp knew exactly what he was doing, kick a player off the pitch when it's obvious there is a big slope and advertisement boards. Either way I'm glad with how Antony and the rest of the Utd players got involved. Shows other teams that they won't be messed around and stick up for each other.

UnitedRepublic

Ball retention and hard work for a winger is a good game for a winger ?

We shall see next season who he really is but he’s not getting me excited at the moment so many times he has to cut in on his right but it never happens he’s so easy to read it’s pathetic for a professional footballer.

Andersonson

Poor game that. He still stops way to many attacks and dwells on the ball. He works hard, but he doesnt produce anything. He will come good though. There's a very good player in there, just need to mature

Based Adnan

He was shoved into the advertising boards and then given grief by Schlupp to boot. I'd hope anyone with a bit of fight on them would get up and give a bit back.

zenith

At this point, shaw is a better attacking player than he is. His job is not to keep possession, it is to create opportunities.

It's fine to say he needs time, but not to oversee his current lack of productivity.

Skills

Snitch
Poor game that. He still stops way to many attacks and dwells on the ball. He works hard, but he doesnt produce anything. He will come good though. There's a very good player in there, just need to mature
Maturity is not what he lacks though.

It's genuine attacking weapons

Raven

Yep, mind-boggling isn't it? We either have a lot of bots on here or loads of opposition fans in disguise that hate on Antony.

We have posters in here claiming he is their most detested player, others claiming they would sell him for 25m etc. Sure we overpaid for him but in today's market rate, he's easily around a 60m player so why would they sell him for 25m???
I was actually quite impressed that he chose to use his right foot for 1 effort. He wasn't good today but he's developing and getting used to this league. I don't think he's been particularly good since he came in but there's no patience with so many people one here.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I don't think he did much wrong with fighting back. Its a lot better than being carried off the pitch by Mark Noble

BarryWinks

We had 1 dribble all game. AWB.

Is this a personell issue or tactics?
Not tactical, we genuinely do not have good dribblers. Our best dribblers are Sancho, Garnacho and Martial, all good but not elite. Two of those didn't play today, Garnacho played a sum total of about 25 minutes.

Rashford for all his strength is not very good when faced with the defender, evidenced by how often he is disposed when running at fullbacks. I'm convinced he didn't beat Clyne once today, which is a major issue for us as a team as we never get breaks from this.

Antony looks like he would be a good dribbler, but it's the look (and maybe being Brazilian) that deceives people. He does have some skills though, but pretty harmless when facing up to fullbacks no matter how shit they are. Actually he reminds me so much of Depay when facing a fullback, will try the occasional outrageous that comes off, but otherwise blehh.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
He ran a lot. Leave him alone
Terrible post considering how over the last few years we've had so many players who stroll through games. One of the reasons for our major improvement is our ball retention and recovering abilities and Antony plays a massive part in that. You'd think our fans would realise this. Winning the ball back, pressing your opposition and keeping up with your defensive duties are just as important as creating chances/attacking.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Looks like the cafe have a new whipping boy and have decided his fate already.

Farewell Antony, wish you all the best at your next club.

PSV

Redcafe has this thing where not rating often gets interpret as hating, what's up with that?

For what it's worth he had a value of €35m when we bought him. Unless we find a club that makes the same error and take him off our hands that's about what we can request as he's hardly increased his value since arriving here.

Basic due diligence would have shown he was a cnut so that's hardly surprising.

Status
Not open for further replies.