5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

CloneMC16

This guy isn't it and never will be. Could have been sent off as well. ETH had to sub him to save him from himself. He did the same shit against Palace that got Casemiro sent off.

There was one instance in the first half that sums him up. We're in an attacking transition and he had a great opportunity to go down the outside, but he tries to cut in. He slowed the play down, passed to Bruno, and ruined the attack. He does the same thing every game.

Valencia Shin Crosses

Sign a £73m right winger...oh wait, he's actually a left winger...we still need a right winger
Sign a £100m right winger...10 months later we still need a right winger

Was Valencia our last genuinely decent right winger? We'll get it right one day
On one hand the RW position is painfully bare around the world, there are very few that are actual quality. It’s why we got anally gaped on the few by Ajax because Antony was the best of some mediocre prospects and we desperately needed a left footed RW.

On the other hand his lack of footballing IQ and creativity makes him a bang mid table type player. I’m praying Ten Hag gives Amad chances because he’s got miles more potential than this guy.

KD6-3.7

It’s absurd Ten Hag thought it was a good idea to spend so much money on him. Even if he improves he’s still not going to be good enough. Dreadful finisher as well.

Stadjer

It’s absurd Ten Hag thought it was a good idea to spend so much money on him. Even if he improves he’s still not going to be good enough. Dreadful finisher as well.
ETH didnt negotiate the deal himself. Everyone knows Manchester United did spend too much on Antony but thats not ETH his fault. The negotiating team messed that one up.

Dominos

Yet another player with poor discipline.

He gets into petty fights every single game, baffles me these grown men constantly acting like 12 year olds. Very lucky not to see red for that kick, he had no intention of getting anywhere near the ball.

el3mel

Yet another player with poor discipline.

He gets into petty fights every single game, baffles me these grown men constantly acting like 12 year olds. Very lucky not to see red for that kick, he had no intention of getting anywhere near the ball.
In his head he probably thinks this makes him a badass and will be beloved by the fans for shit like this.

acnumber9

He’s an insufferable ballbag and a mediocre footballer. Ajax must still be laughing.

NZT-One

Sign a £73m right winger...oh wait, he's actually a left winger...we still need a right winger

Which hopefully helps to learn the lesson that you don't get quality only because you pay much. United (and a lot of their fans) have to get off the high horse and starting to realize, that not only the worlds very best, brightest and most expensive players can help us. I don't like Antony at all, was very much against the transfer from the start. But now I feel sorry for him because he gets the heat for mistakes the club has done.

ETH didnt negotiate the deal himself. Everyone knows Manchester United did spend too much on Antony but thats not ETH his fault. The negotiating team messed that one up.
But ETH has been part of the group who didn't say no when the chance was there. If ETH would have said, "no guys, I want Antony but I am not going to jeopardize my next summer budget for it" then I'm pretty sure things might have ended up differently. Sure, he hasn't been the one to negotiate the numbers. But lets not act as if he wouldn't know or care what consequences this or that transfer will have on his budget.

NZT-One

In his head he probably thinks this makes him a badass and will be beloved by the fans for shit like this.
I mean, it works for a few... To be perfectly honest, I don't think, his intensity is some kind of act but it is sincere. Maybe he is just really really thick...

The Irish Connection

It’s painful. The greenwood situation was a disaster too, even though he might have ended up as a striker.
We should really be looking for someone cheap with potential and pace. Not sure who’s out there.
I would take Bowen but west ham would probably look for a lot.

In Rainbows

In regards to this, you take the bad with the good. Would you rather he have Sancho's fire? Ideally you want someone like Lisandro, but the next best thing is someone with Antony's attitude who is rash getting into petty squabbles, but does his defensive work more so than your ordinary attacking player.

Having said that, more importantly I'm pretty fed up with his final 3rd play.

el3mel

In regards to this, you take the bad with the good. Would you rather he have Sancho's fire? Ideally you want someone like Lisandro, but the next best thing is someone with Antony's attitude who is rash getting into petty squabbles, but does his defensive work more so than your ordinary attacking player.

Having said that, more importantly I'm pretty fed up with his final 3rd play.
I just want an actually good footballer who doesn't shy from 50/50 challenges. Getting into fights with the opposition's players isn't what I want. It's not cool and it doesn't mean you have passion. It just means you are a dumb kid. Focus on football and fight for the challenges and tackles instead of getting yourself into shit like this.

And the most important part is to actually be a good footballer first before anything

Idxomer

It’s painful. The greenwood situation was a disaster too, even though he might have ended up as a striker.
We should really be looking for someone cheap with potential and pace. Not sure who’s out there.
I would take Bowen but west ham would probably look for a lot.
Olise is the one we would be looking for but we aren't signing a new right winger. If it happens, it means Ten Hag got sacked.

lex talionis

We should be seeing improvement in Antony's game by now, but we're not. There are moments of greatness, followed by moments of madness. Rinse and repeat.

Yagami

Good post resistant

Our last good RW/F was he who shall not be named. Him and Rashford as wide forwards with Martial as our false 9 was great stuff.

We need to look at Lee Kang-in from Mallorca. He's like a Korean David Silva. Left footed, can carry the ball and dribble, shield the ball under pressure, perform la pelopinas to escape pressing opposition, is comfortable using the la croqueta which is an amazing skill to avoid pressure.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
You could see his kick out coming a mile off. He offers feck all. You just know nothing will happen when he has the ball.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
As reactionary as it sounds, I’d look to move him on ASAP.

He’s crap and is also of dodgy temperament.

He’s nowhere near Man Utd quality.

When you see players like Mitoma at Brighton, you really need to ask serious questions about what’s gone on at Utd.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Creates nothing for others and is a terrible finisher. Works hard sometimes.

UTAretro

Supports
Brighton
The only reason he doesn't get a red is because he doesn't hit MacAllister cleanly, which, ironically, is because he used his non-functioning right leg.

For me it's a clear red, at least he should have had an extra yellow for his aggressive behaviour towards the linesman and Dunk.
https://gifyu.com/image/SnMH1

Here is the incident in question.

Eddy_JukeZ

That is the most shocking thing really. How can ETH, after coaching Antony for a couple years, was like "yep, this is the guy worth splashing half my transfer budget on" is beyond me.
Inexecusable really.

Someone

Something
I'd like to ask people who said that "he has improved lately" if they still believe this is the case.

Worrying that it's another game where he's closer to a red than contributing to a goal.
He had a couple of really good games then thought that will do. Dude is far from ready for a big club, as with other players like him on the team, an occasional game here and there won't get us anywhere. I honestly don't think he worries any defenders.

kundalini

United have no need for a right sided attacker of Antony's quality. Sancho, Amad, Pellistri or Elanga could have produced similar performances. Elanga has 3 goals and 3 assists in 1783 PL mins for United. Antony 4 goals + 1 assist in 1561 PL mins. Elanga's xG90 + xA90 is even slightly better than Antony's (according to understat)

The price only becomes a factor if Antony is a class above our alternative options; clearly he isn't.

Ten Hag chose Antony. Ten Hag continues to select him.

Abraxas

I think you're probably making the participants a little too distinct to the extent it doesn't seem very realistic.

The negotiating team are ultimately responsible for signing off Antony's final price, but I don't think they were locked away in a bunker in Holland, only to be seen when the contracts were finalised.

Surely there are exchanges between senior management and the manager on how negotiations are progressing, prices, budgets. In every transfer. The manager wants to know where things are at, quite naturally. There are always going to be opportunities for the manager to say "actually 80 million is a feck load of money, I'm not sure I want to go there." I would think there is a degree of collaboration so I wouldn't just put it at the club's door.

I would say we overpaid substantially and a lot of that might be due to a fairly poor negotiating position which probably wasn't helped by the fact every man and his dog knew this was ETHs man and there wasn't much flexibility within that.

Ekeke

In the summer I was one of those who bit on the hype

Trying to be positive when the money was revealed to be astronomical, I said if we can get an entertainer as well as an effective attacker in the Ronaldinho style then sure I'm not against it.

Instead so far we've got a less effective right winger than Voldemort was. He needs to be banned from using his left foot in training, forced to only use his right foot and only go on the outside in order to add the side of his game that is completely missing. Occasionally he's come up with a 20 yard goal but it doesnt happen often enough to be all he provides. His creativity is too low and his reliance on coming back inside to use his left foot ruins many chances, as does his finishing.

He didnt look a talent like Mitoma, Enciso or Buononette against Brighton...

The only positive so far is Amad must be loving that he has the right wing wrapped up with a bow for him next season

Ekeke

Its not like he didn't behave this way at Ajax, been waiting for his red card(a) all season.

I miss the time we had actual wingers at our club, its been a while.
Especially on the right wing. Ever since we signed Mata our first choice has been to play someone who is left footed and wants to run away from the right wing and into the middle

You look at Mitoma on their side (I know he's a left winger) and that's what I wish Antony was. Dynamic, driving at people, beating them. Just exciting to watch even if you never know what's going to happen and he keeps fecking it up, at least when he plays against us. With Antony what you get is a player rolling his foot over the ball a million times, turning back and passing inside most of the time. He will need to step it up massively next season.
Forget Mitoma. I'd have taken an Enciso or Buononette performance from him in that match. Nowhere near as dangerous as them

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I can't believe some thought his kick was good viewing and that it showed passion. If the ref wronged you, it's beyond idiotic to take it out on a player

Eddy_JukeZ

I can't believe some thought his kick was good viewing and that it showed passion. If the ref wronged you, it's beyond idiotic to take it out on a player
He's a bit thick tbh.

His shooting is never varied. Opposing players have already began to figure him out.

croadyman

He needs to feel some actual pressure for that position,maybe Amad can provide it next season

Sir Erik ten Hag

We had Greenwood to play there without any transfer fee. But he screwed up...

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
He's a bit thick tbh.

His shooting is never varied. Opposing players have already began to figure him out.
His shooting is horrible, basically the same curler that often lacks precision and power. He is easily irritatable too, it's good to have an edge but as long as it doesn't make you lose your focus

jem

Starting to lose hope with Antony - I get the whole getting used to a new league thing, but when you see the same shit over and over, it really does make you wonder. I'm struggling to see what made ETH so eager to get Antony to sign with us.

Dannn411

You know what's funny? He has actually gotten better lately with his approach play. He's a lot more aggressive and direct with his play now but it is still not even remotely close to good enough. What a shocking signing. There's rumors that we may have only £100m to spend this summer with the rest having to come from player sales. When you look at the money wasted on signings like this guy, Maguire and Sancho, you begin to understamd why we are where we are.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Some players turned it around when I talked shit about them so... Antony is just Obertan with more acnes.

Status
Not open for further replies.