Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
We should just give Pellistri a chance, at least for 20-30 minutes to show his worth. Anthony is a great system plaayer for Ten Hag but needs to work on his confidence more, some brilliant moments and great ball retention but so little in between too often. just being good at that and defensively solid didn't make the MUFC player.

We need him to perform, hopefuly he can score again agaisnt Arsenal, big game, new day, I am confidencet. Not left with anything else aftertodays result.. and Rashford underperforming on the other side as well..

PoTMS

Pellistri being given ZERO minutes over this guy is pretty ridiculous.

El-Manos

He seems to lack confidence or something. There are moments he could just run at the defenders and have a go but he always seems to cut back. Good at retaining possession and fast passing but that's about it really.

LARulz

He shouldn't be starting at all

Pellestri deserves a start over him

Wayne's World

He has blistering pace but he never uses it. Why?

He needs to add more to his game otherwise he's far too predictable

LARulz

More likely he's been found out by fullbacks. He's so easy to defend against.
Yep, he seems deceptively slow. Always gets caught up with, hardly ever beats a man and it's painfully obvious he'd rather amputate himself than have the ball touch his right foot

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
Was he like this at Ajax?

He just doesn’t do anything, apart from the quick short pass.

redom

We need an alternative to him, at the moment he's just not doing enough to justify a place in the team but unfortunately there's no real option to replace him, we need either Sancho to return or Pellistri to somehow force his way into contention. If Diallo continues to impress at Sunderland and develop his game I can see him being a real option next season, probably shouldn't recall him while it's going well though.

Devil81

How many times does he give the ball away in such basic situations.

I don't believe he's got it at all, so many times Weghorst ran across the defender expecting a pass and he just passed inside.

Jev

He's shite. I hate to say it but on this one alone ETH shouldn't have singular sway over transfers. If this is what you spend 86m on..
This was always a worry when you saw ETH almost exclusively chasing Ajax/Dutch/Eredivisie players. Were they good enough? Did he have a clear grasp on the level required here? It was a huge gamble to let him dictate our transfer strategy and unfortunately, all signs point towards this being a giant waste of money.

RedIan

Starting look like £90mil down the drain. Id rather see Garnacho and Pellistri who cost nothing.
On the plus side he did take a defender on for the first time.

avgp_1

He needs to add more to his game otherwise he's far too predictable
He lacks power, has a quick burst but doesn't sustain it. Gets almost always caught up with because of that

Drizzle

He doesn't have blistering pace. He's nippy over 5 yards, but rarely outpaces a fullback after that. And he knows it, hence continually cutting back and passing.

He has some lovely skills but never shows them where it can hurt the opposition.

Jev

If Diallo continues to impress at Sunderland and develop his game I can see him being a real option next season, probably shouldn't recall him while it's going well though.
To be honest why not, though. With what he's shown this season there's no chance he's not better than Antony.

Skills

Snitch
He's shite. I hate to say it but on this one alone ETH shouldn't have singular sway over transfers. If this is what you spend 86m on..
This was always a worry when you saw ETH almost exclusively chasing Ajax/Dutch/Eredivisie players. Were they good enough? Did he have a clear grasp on the level required here? It was a huge gamble to let him dictate our transfer strategy and unfortunately, all signs point towards this being a giant waste of money.
The problem is what sort of promises he was made when he came in. I can see the new ownership not being happy with letting him spend their cash.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Antony has been little more than okay for us. Pellisti is a Uruguay international. Sancho is an England international. He can't keep putting in these 6/10 performances and keep his place. Its not good enough to be barely good enough.

Fahad Jawaid

I hate the fact that he would be given a pass in acres of space and players running off him and he will just slow it down do his stupid shimmy and turn back and pass the ball backwards. Plus for a winger he does not run at his fullback or have any right foot, he is very one dimensional, loses the ball a lot. It looks like we should have used our 100M in a better manner. Looks like another costly flop.

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon
Remember how 100m was fecking worth it back in August? Yeah me neither.
Yeah couldn’t stand the number of stupid cnuts wanting us to splash that on him ffs. There’s a reason why no one from the Dutch league has gone for that amount before and this fraud defo shouldn’t have been the first.

redom

To be honest why not, though. With what he's shown this season there's no chance he's not better than Antony.
I mean I wouldn't be against it if ETH was sure about really giving him a shot but I'd hate to see him recalled from a successful loan only to find himself warming the bench and missing out on the potential development and experience he's gaining.

Kostov

Yeah couldn’t stand the number of stupid cnuts wanting us to splash that on him ffs. There’s a reason why no one from the Dutch league has gone for that amount before and this fraud defo shouldn’t have been the first.
160m on him and Martinez and we solved fecking what ?

flappyjay

I hate the fact that he would be given a pass in acres of space and players running off him and he will just slow it down do his stupid shimmy and turn back and pass the ball backwards. Plus for a winger he does not run at his fullback or have any right foot, he is very one dimensional, loses the ball a lot. It looks like we should have used our 100M in a better manner. Looks like another costly flop.
Never ever takes it with his left and tries to dribble past anyone whilst cutting. His shooting is useless if he needs the opposing team to give him space before using his left. He has to learn to manufacturer shooting space.

Jev

Twice in 1st half he had an easy lay off when we countered and he lost the ball, basic shit. Disappointing.
Yeah, people talk about his ball retention but he was losing the ball so easily today. There's really nothing there, looks miles off.

Status
Not open for further replies.