g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
Ashley Young image 18

Ashley Young England flag

2014-15 Performances

View full 2014-15 profile

6.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Ok, as in what level? the level required to be a squad player at United or a squad player at Newcastle, Villa or Southampton? look at Ji Sung Park as an example of what a squad player at this club should be, look at Javier Hernandez since he's arrived. Young pales in comparison.
OK as in OK. Not great, not even good just OK. As in as OK as Valencia, Nani, etc

Shark

@NotShark
OK as in OK. Not great, not even good just OK. As in as OK as Valencia, Nani, etc
Who have all been as poor. I'm not going to single Young out completely, none of them have been OK. I think the wings are becoming as big a problem as central midfield. Januzaj is our only wide option that gives me hope at the minute.

LR7

I think trying to ship out players like Young, Anderson and Fellaini is almost as important as it is to bring in the right players this season.

The Black Pearl

Hurling Man of the Land
:lol: Get a grip.
I think it's the crowd that think the clearly not Utd standard quality players should be held onto on the back of a few stupid and lets be honest immature pic's and videos of themselves on instagram or whatever are the ones that need to get a grip here and not me.

Young should be ashamed of himself to be posting videos of himself acting the fool like that. If I was his manager it would be the final nail in his coffin as I'd deem it him just pulling the piss altogether. I'd nearly say if Fergie was here today and he saw that clip he'd say wtf has that lad to be so happy about?

Himself, Anderson and any other player that appear to be just here for a laugh and the handy money should be turfed out straight away and let them act the maggot somewhere else.

LR7

I think it's the crowd that think the clearly not Utd standard quality players should be held onto on the back of a few stupid and lets be honest immature pic's and videos of themselves on instagram or whatever are the ones that need to get a grip here and not me.

Young should be ashamed of himself to be posting videos of himself acting the fool like that. If I was his manager it would be the final nail in his coffin as I'd deem it him just pulling the piss altogether. I'd nearly say if Fergie was here today and he saw that clip he'd say wtf has that lad to be so happy about?

Himself, Anderson and any other player that appear to be just here for a laugh and the handy money should be turfed out straight away and let them act the maggot somewhere else.
Complete overreaction.

United22

Only here you can find people calling his season alright or decent. It is horrific and has been like this for the most part of two years now. An absolute non footballer, waste of space and waste of money. I would personally pay this club to get rid of him because he is an embarrassment to the club. To think we went from Giggs and Ronaldo to this. Him, Anderson and Fletcher remain on the top 3 list of players who should be out of this club the instant Van Gaal is manager.

Sylar

His birthday is in July right? Maybe we will forget to wish him a happy birthday? :P

Santos J

It's a fecking video. Who cares!?

MoskvaRed

I have no idea what he is still doing here. He will not improve at his age and he is not a cheap academy product. Another terrible signing from Fergie's final years (maybe he thought Young could do a Dwight Yorke). Whether he is better or worse then Valencia or Nani is irrelevant - he is nowhere near the standard required at a club of United's stature and he is too expensive to be a squad filler. If we can't get rid due to his high wages, we can at least send him on loan to reduce costs.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Who have all been as poor. I'm not going to single Young out completely, none of them have been OK. I think the wings are becoming as big a problem as central midfield. Januzaj is our only wide option that gives me hope at the minute.
Yes, I totally agree. Please don't misunderstand me - I am not saying that Young is good enough for a title charge. Even Januzaj, although promising, is not yet delivering to the level of, say, Sterling. I think we need one quality wing type like Reus plus maybe a younger prospect like Depay. Then clear out the deadwood like Valencia and Young (I still think Nani could do a job) and mix the new blood with the likes of Januzaj, Kagawa, Mata and Welbeck - suddenly you have a great mix of talent behind RVP.

Sb_16

Ouch! Truth hurts.
Does he even have a slightest of hint that he's not upto our standard for wingers? Does any of our wingers have any hint?

LR7

People can have those opinions on players but to directly shit on the guy through his Twitter account is embarrassing and disrespectful.
I share this view. I was annoyed when our own fans did the same to Cleverley to the point where he closed his twitter account. I don't understand why our fans would abuse our own players on twitter. What does it achieve?

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
I share this view. I was annoyed when our own fans did the same to Cleverley to the point where he closed his twitter account. I don't understand why our fans would abuse our own players on twitter. What does it achieve?
They just vent their frustration on the players. Some do it for fun. Totally wrong though. I think posting messages in a civil manner like "Your performance has been really bad." would be better.

Shamwow

listens to shit music & watches Mrs Brown's Boys
They just vent their frustration on the players. Some do it for fun. Totally wrong though. I think posting messages in a civil manner like "Your performance has been really bad." would be better.
I'd love to go to their place of work and tell them they are shit.

Kag

Come on, when he posted that on Twitter he knew exactly what was coming his way. No doubt there are vicious tweets elsewhere, but those quoted are only a bit of fun, really.

Status
Not open for further replies.