Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

dove

He seems to be the new Matic on here.
Mane didn’t get a sniff yesterday yet there’s still a page of abuse about him.
No abuse just stating facts. He is crap and should be nowhere near our first XI.

Dinghy

He was good defensively yesterday, but his passing was absolute shite. Can't afford to keep giving the ball away all the time when up against the better teams.

Grande

He was good defensively yesterday, but his passing was absolute shite. Can't afford to keep giving the ball away all the time when up against the better teams.
Yes, and a bit untypical of him. He was better defensively than normal, I would actually say a 8/10 performance in that facet, up against Mane and Robertson with little protection.

His end stuff is often his weakness playing RB, and while not great, he actually had some dangerous balls in behind their defence.

It was the build up, where he normally is very sound, that was way below par yesterday.

Sylar

He started of both halfs bad, but did well overall. Some might not like it, but when he put the ball down the line, it was a good move as it turned defence into attack and had either Rashford or Lukaku turning their team around and running back to their goal.

Rozski

Maybe he’s playing it too often but I assume that the ball up the line into the channel is a tactical instruction. It’s a run that Rashford likes to make from the center and opens up their defense since it’s usually behind a full back which means a CB has to track Rash wide and gives him an 1v1 against a CB in space. It’s less effective with Lukaku but same principle stands. Especially in a game like yesterday our game plan centered around quick counters so even with an injured Rashford, for Young to plan possession balls in to our makeshift midfield I’m sure wasn’t the plan.

acnumber9

There were people in the match thread getting positively giddy at the thought they’d get to blame him for the goal. It’s pathetic.

Bwuk

Dreadful today when he was playing at RB.

When he moved forward he took his goal well and positioned himself better.

Don’t know why nor do I agree with Dalot being the RW and Young at RB.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout

He had one dreadful moment, but he really wasn't dreadful at right back at all.

kundalini

Super shot for his goal. Tough job trying to mark Zaha and at times it seemed alarmingly one-sided. Not clever for their goal, he had the ball then Zaha robbed him.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

What the feck? He absolutely bossed Zaha in the first half. He got passed him once in the 2nd, and made an error not clearing it quicker.

considering Zahas ability he did a great job.

arthurka

What the feck? He absolutely bossed Zaha in the first half. He got passed him once in the 2nd, and made an error not clearing it quicker.

Agree. Not an easy job at all. One feckup and a great goal. Not bad for a useless 34 year old winger.

Plus he is always available..

beergod

Other than the goal, Young along with Dalot did a good job nullifying their left side. Zaha and van Aanholt can be a handful and we handled them pretty well.

Another game, another goal he cost us. That said, he redeemed himself by scoring and was reasonable otherwise.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!

True. Another case of narrative before the ball is kicked. He absolutely battered Zaha tonight bar that one brainfart (for which he thankfully redeemed himself). Good game.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
His delivery has been a bit suspect for a while. Also, it shows he's not a defense-minded player. You just gotta whack it sometimes.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Made a very silly mistake but he more than made up for it, he smashed the ball. Good time to remember he was a good winger with a good shot on him. Loved the celebration too!

Brightonian

It's very difficult to completely nullify Zaha. They were in a battle all match but he never let Zaha get clean away or put a cross in unchallenged, so overall he did a good job. The mistake for their goal was unforgivable from such an experienced player, and I hope Solskjaer has serious words for him about it, goal or no goal.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
There were people in the match thread getting positively giddy at the thought they’d get to blame him for the goal. It’s pathetic.
He played his part in it, no doubt it was a really bad mistake, but there was still about 3/4 more errors in the passage of play that could've helped prevent the goal.

Young did get done a few times tonight but really happy he bounded back with a goal of his own.

Stadjer

We can thank our captain for that stupid goal conceded, but he redeemed himself with the 3rd goal. We need better.
We do but he can be a decent squad player for next season. Someone who can cover for rb, lb and even a left or right forward role if it is really needed.

Vfc_brato

Supports
FK Velež
We need asap a new RB, those mistakes against a bigger side could cost us a tittle.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
We can thank our captain for that stupid goal conceded, but he redeemed himself with the 3rd goal. We need better.
Our captain raised his hand and took blame for the goal (figuratively speaking. He took responsibility for it in an interview after the game). The problem I have with that, is that even though he messed up, there was still a lot of football to be had before Palace scored their goal and there are a lot of other players who need to put their hand up as well for that goal. Funny thing is, if he had cleared it like he should have, we would have a bunch of people moaning on here about him "just kicking it up the field"...

MuranoLover

He does the work he is asked to do - not brilliantly , but he does it and every match runs from 0 min to end and keeps on trying and trying .

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Thank God he scored cause I was getting ready to bash him.
Does something stupid every game.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He made a mistake for the second goal but tbf Zaha made proper defenders look like sunday league defenders. He is one of the hardest player to defend against, with his speed, dribbling ability and physicality.

For me his defending is not an issue, his consistent loose passes (sort of like Herrera's pass vs Chelsea in 2016-17 season or Young's pass to Rashford against Bournemouth for first goal) and how consistent he is in playing that pass so badly is just amazing. Gives away possession every single time trying to play that pass.

He took his goal well though. Overall he was decent this game.

Kostov

Our captain raised his hand and took blame for the goal (figuratively speaking. He took responsibility for it in an interview after the game). The problem I have with that, is that even though he messed up, there was still a lot of football to be had before Palace scored their goal and there are a lot of other players who need to put their hand up as well for that goal. Funny thing is, if he had cleared it like he should have, we would have a bunch of people moaning on here about him "just kicking it up the field"...
Luckily it didn't cost us, and this 3 goal was a big reason of us seeing out the game. If Palace came out and equalized after that feck up, by none other than our captain, hardly anyone would have shown sympathy if he raised his hand and said it was my fault. One of the reason is that so many of this bunch have regularly done the talking but have let us down on the pitch, imo.

On the other hand Zaha is one of the most physically impressive players in the league, so taking him on, on the edge of our box was one very dumb decision and Ashley as experienced as he is, should have cleared it.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Luckily it didn't cost us, and this 3 goal was a big reason of us seeing out the game. If Palace came out and equalized after that feck up, by none other than our captain, hardly anyone would have shown sympathy if he raised his hand and said it was my fault. One of the reason is that so many of this bunch have regularly done the talking but have let us down on the pitch, imo.

On the other hand Zaha is one of the most physically impressive players in the league, so taking him on, on the edge of our box was one very dumb decision and Ashley as experienced as he is, should have cleared it.
He did exactly the same thing in the first half though and it worked... so I can see why he thought he could do it again.

De Gea also made a really bad kick out that could have cost us, Lindelof too lost the ball in a bad place and could have costs us.... thankfully they didn't, and unlucky for Young his did, but he did the best possible thing you can do in that situation and make up for it with a very good goal. I don't see why that shouldn't be the focus in this thread - kind of sad that a lot of posts in this thread start with the negative before talking about the positive (or are just outright negative).

Status
Not open for further replies.