Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawks2008

Ole's son. Always plays no matter how shit he is. If young had any self respect he'd give up the armband.

Denis79

Ole's son. Always plays no matter how shit he is. If young had any self respect he'd give up the armband.
After the latest three games I can't see Ole being that stupid or blind to play him anymore this season. There's no excuse to play him if we have Dalot and Darmian fit. It's obvious age has caught up and on top of that he's in terrible form.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
What's even more annoying about him being bad, watch him make mistakes. He often reacts by yelling at the player next to him. I don't like my captain to blame others for his mistake. That's bad for morale and trust.

Giggs86

Maybe he is reading the caf and just trolling us? I don't have any other explanations how a professional footballer can be so lacking in understanding basic principles of football.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
He’s been here 9 years. What will he be remembered for? Scoring 2 in an 8 goal thrashing in a year we won nothing, sitting in the away end that one time, and a bird shitting in his mouth?

Brilliant.

Last edited:

Rafa20

What the coaches saw from him to stay this much is unbelievable. From now we need Dalot to start in a remaining 5 games. Unfortunitly, with Shaw suspended for Everton match he will start again.

Raw

He’s been here 9 years. What will he be remembered for? Scoring 2 in an 8 goal thrashing in a year we won nothing, sitting in the away end that one time, and a bird shitting in his mouth?

Brilliant.
Don't forget providing assists for Fellaini. Such a great chapter in our glorious club.

This really is a Gary Neville moment for Young right now after the last month of diabolical performances.

As someone said above, if he truly loves the club as captain and has personal pride, he should retire today.

laughtersassassin

I hate his confidence. Shit players who think they are good or great is infuriating.

If Ole plays him next game we have to start asking questions. The next game he costs us is on Ole as he should never play again. I have said this after about 10 games this season with Young.

Remember guys great server I think not. All he ever was, was a failed winger and now the worst United Captain in history.

BlackBen

The wum are the people who are constantly scapegoating Young. You guys just go out looking for bad. If he was nearly as poor as most of you make him out to be he would be playing in division 2, not starting and captaining our team most games...
Noticed you've crawled back to your little hole but I want to ask you, is Young still being made a scapegoat?

Joke of a post.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
What's striking here is that Young has 2 CLEAR opportunities to play the obvious ball out wide EVEN when he's in trouble. Is it match fixing? is Scholes blackmailing him?

he did this all throughout the 2 legs, playing slow, taking 50 years and still not making a good pass. You can see Jones even gesturing where the ball should go. Was Young ill?
The worst part of the whole thing for me is the fact he wanted to play the FK towards the wrong direction of play when we need to attack. His football IQ is one of the lowest I have ever seen.

Kostur

海尔的老板
He's been garbage for some time now, I like him, but it's time to either just leave or become the experienced veteran blablabla option, which in fact should've happened from the beginning of this season. Yesterday his and DDG's clowning killed any chance of any comeback.

Ixion

Young has been indicative of the club's problems for a while. We have a bunch of average players that wouldn't get near a title winning side yet somehow he's a fixture of our team and gets contract after contract. If you want to be the best there can be no room for sentimentally or your mates, replace him with someone top class instead of pretending it's not an area we need to worry about because we have Young.

arnie_ni

The worst part of the whole thing for me is the fact he wanted to play the FK towards the wrong direction of play when we need to attack. His football IQ is one of the lowest I have ever seen.
He does this for throws in as well at times. Stands facing our goal looking to throw to a cb or midfielder behind him without even looking forward.

Kostov

After the shit this guy served up in the last couple of games, there is no excuse of playing him. If he appears against Everton on that starting line up with the armband, it's a disgrace.

Havak

Pokemon master
He's just really poor at the moment. Occasionally he puts in a good shift and the effort is always there, but he's definitely average at best as a footballer in any position now. He must be bringing a lot to the dressing room for Ole to keep him involved in the first XI so often and injuries/suspensions are obviously not helping the cause in terms of getting him out of the side. Unfortunately, he is going to be starting most of our remaining games I feel, almost definitely the must-win against Everton and probably get embarrassed again in the derby before we see any hope of him being dropped.

Even more unfortunate is that he is definitely here next season. My hope is that since Ole has publicly said he is looking for a new captain next season after Valencia leaves makes me think that Young isn't in his usual first XI plans next season, or he'd have probably said that Ashley would be the new captain already. We're stuck with him so there's no sense in moaning about it every week, but he really should be at best 4th choice Full Back next season. If this isn't the case then the issues are even more dire than we all know they are.

Fracture90

I'd like to be a fly on the goalpost to see what is he exactly doing in training to merit his "first name on the sheet" status he's got with Ole. He's absolutely terrible.

SteveW

Thought we could keep him as back up next season. No longer sure hes good enough for that.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
He has been one of the worst players yet Ole picks him. Another big mistake is costing is so it is really time to go

Tibs

Utter shit.

Better off starting with 10 men rather than this liability

breakout67

Supports
Man City

How do you go from this to conceding a goal.
A complete lack of basic footballing skills. A first time pass to the space in front of Smalling is the correct decision. Barcelona left Rakitic free and Young caused a trigger (probably a poor body position) for a press and the rest is history.

rpitchfo

He couldn’t get in the team when SAF was manager and now he’s captain. That’s us summed up. Would be back at Aston Villa if fergie was still in charge having served his purpose 4 years ago.

Member 93275

How do you go from this to conceding a goal.
Young is pressured and loses the ball, but he isn't the problem here, he's the consequence of the problem, the scapegoat. The real problem was the midfield disappearing into the distance like they're afraid to get the ball. Football is a team sport. If your back gets the ball and get pressured, the midfield should provide passing opportunities. They disappeared, making it much too easy for Barca to cover the other defenders as well.

Cat_knows

totally embarrassing and not just lack of basic football skills but lack of brain (or any signs of it)

rpitchfo

Young is pressured and loses the ball, but he isn't the problem here, he's the consequence of the problem, the scapegoat. The real problem was the midfield disappearing into the distance like they're afraid to get the ball. Football is a team sport. If your back gets the ball and get pressured, the midfield should provide passing opportunities. They disappeared, making it much too easy for Barca to cover the other defenders as well.
I see it differently, the defence especially the centre backs are far too deep. You give Barca the licence to play in that space and you are doomed. It shouldn’t need the midfield to drop into their own half from that position to collect the ball. The defence need the ability to pass out and bypass the press. You might be right in this specific circumstance that our defenders just aren’t capable of that hence jones and smalling hugging the 18 yard box but that’s what we need them to do.

Renegade

Was never good enough to be a starter for us when he signed 8 years ago, and isn’t good enough now at the age of 34. He was serviceable last year, but I was terrified when Jose said he’d play 50 games this season. Should have been replaced properly last summer.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
A frankly ridiculous notion. You see defenders play out of these pressing traps every game. The reality is that top defenders do not need the help of midfielders to play out from the back, they just do it.

Young and Smalling in the team guarantees that we will have no way to play out from the back because they lack basic skills in passing the ball.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
A frankly ridiculous notion. You see defenders play out of these pressing traps every game. The reality is that top defenders do not need the help of midfielders to play out from the back, they just do it.

Young and Smalling in the team guarantees that we will have no way to play out from the back because they lack basic skills in passing the ball.
And in shifting their bodies to receive the ball in a positive forward manner, at the slightest bit of pressure, it's a back pass.

RussellWilson

2020 NFC Fantasy League winner
A complete lack of basic footballing skills. A first time pass to the space in front of Smalling is the correct decision. Barcelona left Rakitic free and Young caused a trigger (probably a poor body position) for a press and the rest is history.
This is the correct answer but Young isn't able to make that pass and he knows it so is desperately looking to knock one up the line like always does.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
And in shifting their bodies to receive the ball in a positive forward manner, at the slightest bit of pressure, it's a back pass.
Absolutely, the positioning is all wrong when they receive and pass the ball. They take way too many touches and do not make risky passes.

Vfc_brato

Supports
FK Velež
I dont want to argue with somebody who cant identify a problem so ill be short. Player with the ball (i dont want even to write his name) is right foot, look at his body position, its a disgrace, then you know Barcelona is going to press the midfield, it not like we play Fulham on Sunday. About the midfield, they were good positioned, the only problem was our CB, he should have moved up. Our DM could have played double pass with our LB and then he coild have pass a long ball on the other side. There were 7 better options but he made mistake after a mistake, after the pass he was near the throw in line and he could have kicked the ball with his stronger foot but insted he is positioning to kick it with the left AGAIN. I wsh he goes to your club and you enjoy watching him every week.

Status
Not open for further replies.