Ask admin a question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
Although the point you just made failed as you quoted carvajal's post before adding the tag in an edit so he'd be getting an alert anyway for the initial quote. :cool:
See this is why you run the forum :lol:

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
I see quite a few posters being banned lately and that is making me anxious. Because lets face it, I'm not the most productive or active poster around.

Varun

Staff
I see quite a few posters being banned lately and that is making me anxious. Because lets face it, I'm not the most productive or active poster around.
Don't worry. Neither lack of activity nor being less than awesome is going to get anyone banned. It's just the WUMs, trolls, and in general the bottom of the barrel that are getting culled.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
I've received 2 "Inappropriate content" PM's from mods over the past couple of weeks. Before then, my history on the Caf has been, well, as close to spotless as you'll probably get.

So just to update myself on the rules again and avoid any further warnings - is there a section I can visit where it lists words which are forbidden to use? I still see words like twat, cnut etc. used.

Not a big deal though. I'll just reel myself in a bit as well.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
I've received 2 "Inappropriate content" PM's from mods over the past couple of weeks. Before then, my history on the Caf has been, well, as close to spotless as you'll probably get.

So just to update myself on the rules again and avoid any further warnings - is there a section I can visit where it lists words which are forbidden to use? I still see words like twat, cnut etc. used.

Not a big deal though. I'll just reel myself in a bit as well.
'Ihni binni dimi diniwiny anitaime', 'spastic', 'retard' and those sorts of words are forbidden along with saying x/y team got 'raped'. Regular swearwords are fine.

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
Does the old match day forum have to be on the forums page? Why not tuck it somewhere in the United forum instead.
Good idea, thanks. I've moved it be a sub-forum of the United Forum.

Møllemanden

I don't celebrate christmas. But if I did, i'd wish for two post match threads.

One for those who feel the need to tell everybody how shit Martial, Rashford and Lingard are.

And one for those who actually want to talk about the game.

I know you can't help me here. Just wish that people would postpone commenting on the match until they've calmed the F down.

We'd get a far better conversation if that was the case.

Happy christmas guys!

paulscholes18

Can we see when other people get warnings now? Couple of posts I have seen have a heading over them
One in the Lukaku V Kane/ Mbappe v Rashford thread has adds nothing to dissuasion heading, the other was in the match day inappropriate content when someone used the word r****d

Last edited:

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
Can we see when other people get warnings now? Couple of posts I have seen have a heading over them
One in the Lukaku V Kane/ Mbappe v Rashford thread has adds nothing to dissuasion heading, the other was in the match day inappropriate content when someone used the word r****d
That's an optional public warning feature and can be manually disabled when a modmin warns a member:

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
@Niall I've been having an issue for a couple of weeks now with using the Caf on my phones (Samsung s5 and s6).
When I'm reading a thread, sometimes it will suddenly start scrolling back, as if I'm hammering the back button. It's very quick and typically scrolls back four or five times, then it pops up a sidebar menu for bookmarking etc...It might happen three or four times in an evening and is a tad annoying, taking me out of the thread I'm reading.
No idea if it's my phones- weird it happens on both though- or a Caf or Samsung glitch:confused:

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
@Niall I've been having an issue for a couple of weeks now with using the Caf on my phones (Samsung s5 and s6).
When I'm reading a thread, sometimes it will suddenly start scrolling back, as if I'm hammering the back button. It's very quick and typically scrolls back four or five times, then it pops up a sidebar menu for bookmarking etc...It might happen three or four times in an evening and is a tad annoying, taking me out of the thread I'm reading.
No idea if it's my phones- weird it happens on both though- or a Caf or Samsung glitch:confused:
That’s a very odd one. Is this specifically when viewing a thread or any other pages?

Are you just reading the page when it happens or taking any other action (eg tapping a link, expanding part of the page)?

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
That’s a very odd one. Is this specifically when viewing a thread or any other pages?

Are you just reading the page when it happens or taking any other action (eg tapping a link, expanding part of the page)?
Just reading a random thread, so scrolling down slowly. Just seems weird it's happening on both of my phones (one is my work phone). Could it be a glitch with my broadband? I'm trying to think if it's happened on another site, but I'm not sure- been a super-heavy fortnight.

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
Just reading a random thread, so scrolling down slowly. Just seems weird it's happening on both of my phones (one is my work phone). Could it be a glitch with my broadband? I'm trying to think if it's happened on another site, but I'm not sure- been a super-heavy fortnight.
I wouldn’t think it’s anything with your internet connection.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
To expand on what Invictus said, it used to be disabled by default but now it is enabled so people can see when posts have had action taken against them.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
What’s it like being rich and famous?

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
So, are you guys going to change forum colours and name to blue or are you fine with so many threads and posts jerking off to City?

MJJ

So, are you guys going to change forum colours and name to blue or are you fine with so many threads and posts jerking off to City?
Unless it's city posters who are posing as united fans and starting those threads I don't see a problem? You might want to go to RAWK if you prefer a hivemind forum.

Robertd0803

I can't see any embedded tweets in the transfer forum or the transfer tweets thread. Using Galaxy S5 and not work blocked or anything and could see them every other window. Its a bit odd.

Macern

Pee pee pants
What is the 'Santas favourite twats' thing and how come @FultonRed has an avatar?

Edit: nevermind, just saw the christmas wheel of fortune thing. Can't believe I missed that.

Status
Not open for further replies.