BBC: United hold talks with Mourinho

Would you be happy to see Jose Mourinho become next United manager?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
To be fair we do need significant strengthening as our starting 11 is a shambles.
Our midfield is fine, Schweinsteiger, Herrera and Schneiderlin are a good midfield to have. Our defence is great when everyone's fit, Smalling, DDG, Darmian and Shaw were all fantastic at the start of the season. Our attack is the problem with the only stand out player being Martial, Rooney's recently come in to form and Mata when he plays well is outstanding.

BennyBlanco

fixated with Shaw's bum
So you think our attack will magically sort itself out by just hiring a new manager. Yeah okay indeed.

One of the reasons Van Gaal deserves sacking is because he refused to sign attackers in the summer and a top class CB. Both of which we lacking badly.
Sunderland have scored 1 less goal than us this season. Fecking Sunderland.
Pretty sure we've better attacking talent at our disposal than the likes of Sunderland. Don't you? Theres only one reason we've gotten so little out of what we currently have despite needing a new CF and RW for next season and its the manager.

MightyRedz

Him 'loosing it' isnt permanant, just one of them times in life when things go tits up...it happens...So let me tell you a story.

Was chatting with a freind of mine over the Christmas period. My freind is on the board of directors for a big Eastern European ice cream manufacturer. The owner of this company also owns a small recruitment agency for skilled professionals in London.

So he tells me about the boss in London is a bloke called Joseph. Now Joseph was very good at his job, but he hired a young lady called Aoife to look after the well being of his recruits. She was quite good at her job, and Joseph knew this and took a shine to her and she took a shine to him.

One day Joseph recruited a young boy called Adam Dangerous, he was a very good worker and excelled in most opportunities that he was presented with, because he was a young boy and not quite strong enough to handle the gruelling English workers life he spent quite an amount of time with Aoife whilst she looked after him..She took a real shine to young Adam, but Adam wasnt too serious about her, although he did enjoy her company from time to time. One day Joseph found out about how well Aoife was taking care of young Adams wellbeing and thought she was going beyond the call of duty, so they had a big falling out and he started to resent Adam.

Soon some of the other recruits who worked under Joseph noticed how he would treat young Adam and they too started to feel that Joseph was being unfair until it got so bad that they didnt want to work for him anymore. This carried on for a while until the owner stepped in and restructured.

But anyways, back to football.

Mourinho will be great at utd should he get the job!
(As a Liverpool fan), as some have rightly said, we know all there is to know about gradual downfall - over the past three years you've been doing it a lot less gradually! Moyes was a fairly predictable mistake, LVG far less predictable, but I seriously cannot think of a top-flight manager less suited to United than Mourinho. These are the reasons:-

1 United are a great club, and they should always be the story, but that's not the way Jose operates - it's all about him
2 A bit of a siege factor is fine, but if he comes then get ready for WW3
3 His brand of football is boring beyond belief
4 He won't give the kids a chance

In short - everything that Busby and Fergie were not - he is, and everything they were - he's not!

Owngoalscorer

(As a Liverpool fan), as some have rightly said, we know all there is to know about gradual downfall - over the past three years you've been doing it a lot less gradually! Moyes was a fairly predictable mistake, LVG far less predictable, but I seriously cannot think of a top-flight manager less suited to United than Mourinho. These are the reasons:-

1 United are a great club, and they should always be the story, but that's not the way Jose operates - it's all about him
2 A bit of a siege factor is fine, but if he comes then get ready for WW3
3 His brand of football is boring beyond belief
4 He won't give the kids a chance

In short - everything that Busby and Fergie were not - he is, and everything they were - he's not!
Thank you MightyRedz ! my feelings exactly

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Will he feck.
Are you sure you're not letting your hate for Mourinho blind your view? Like him or hate him, Mourinho is a world class proven manager. Yes he's had his rocky patches like most other managers but just look at his record. He won two league titles, the UEFA Cup and a Champions League as manager of Porto. His first spell at Chelsea he won back to back league titles, the FA cup and two League cup's. Yes it didn't end well for him at Chelsea, they got to an awful start of the 2007/2008 season and he was sacked in September. In my opinion he should never have been sacked and should've been given more time. Then he went onto Inter and took over a pretty average side but still managed to win two Serie A titles, Coppa Italia and another Champions League. His spell at Madrid was a mixed one. It seemed to me like he never really settled in there and he did fall out with a few of the Madrid players. But he still won the La Liga and the Copa Del Rey. His second spell at Chelsea got to a slow start. But in that second season Chelsea walked the league. feck knows what happened this season but it seems like a lot of things have been going on behind the scenes.

So yeah Mourinho has had success at every team he's managed. I'm not a fan of some of his antics but I'm confident he's the man to bring success back to United.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Don't forget, folks: José = Hitler.

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
Do you believe the BBC? These are the guys that covered for Jimmy Savile for 30 years. allegedly

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Chelsea prob hired him again after missing out on Pep in the hope that he'd learned something, instead they had to pay him off, £10m just to prevent him dragging them towards relegation.

Not sure of the identity of the other club you're speaking about but if it's Real Madrid then you're prob using paper talk as fact.
he was wanted back by Inter and Madrid (allegedly)

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I'm trying to think of a joke about Jose's record with youth.
He murdered all but one youth player at Madrid and completely everyone at Chelsea. That's his record. He ate the family of a Porto youngster once too.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Here's a photo of José with the band Musical Youth:

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Chelsea prob hired him again after missing out on Pep in the hope that he'd learned something, instead they had to pay him off, £10m just to prevent him dragging them towards relegation.

Not sure of the identity of the other club you're speaking about but if it's Real Madrid then you're prob using paper talk as fact.
Let's just ignore the first title in 5 years for them, Champions League great run and League Cup victory.

Walters_19_MuFc

• Van Gaal's not doing well. Will most likely be sacked.
  • We'll have a new manager in the Summer
  • Jose's currently not in a job.
  • Apparently has a massive admiration for United.
  • One of the best managers out there (results wise)

People are putting two and two together, and it seems likely that on this occasion they'll come up with four.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Harry has said its a done deal. There were people saying he is the friend claiming it is a done deal.

VP

The best part about hiring him is his mere presence intensifies every rivalry we have. United vs City will become the biggest game in the country; Liverpool hate him so that'll be even more venomous; and finally we can rekindle some fire into the Arsenal games

Andy_Cole

The best part about hiring him is his mere presence intensifies every rivalry we have. United vs City will become the biggest game in the country; Liverpool hate him so that'll be even more venomous; and finally we can rekindle some fire into the Arsenal games
Yup I'd love all of these things.

We need to be the most hated club again. Currently we're just a laughing stock.

Munich_1958

People are constantly moaing about Jose Mourinho and his boring football, This boring football you speak about happened in the second half of last season and if you look at the points being dropped in the premiership with the big teams now you could say he understood what it took and mastered the win.

Mourinho has won 8 league titles in his last 10 full seasons as a manager, he has won a treble, two CL trophies, super cups, several domestic cups, this all includes his short spell in La Liga were he took on Pep and the amazing Barcelona and he still managed to lift a League title and a Copel Del Rye, yes impressive I know

With his 8 league wins he broke the spanish goal scoring record, yes with real madrid and Ronaldo but could Rafa of done it with his defensive football? NO, why did Mourinho do it then? simple he didnt play defensive football when not required. Mourinho has also topped goal scoring charts in premier league winning seasons and yes they happened against SAF, who would of guessed, Mourinho has topped the goal scoring charts or runner up the majority of his seasons as manager, so if this is boring I will have some of that boring all day long.

Oneunited26

People are constantly moaing about Jose Mourinho and his boring football, This boring football you speak about happened in the second half of last season and if you look at the points being dropped in the premiership with the big teams now you could say he understood what it took and mastered the win.

Mourinho has won 8 league titles in his last 10 full seasons as a manager, he has won a treble, two CL trophies, super cups, several domestic cups, this all includes his short spell in La Liga were he took on Pep and the amazing Barcelona and he still managed to lift a League title and a Copel Del Rye, yes impressive I know

With his 8 league wins he broke the spanish goal scoring record, yes with real madrid and Ronaldo but could Rafa of done it with his defensive football? NO, why did Mourinho do it then? simple he didnt play defensive football when not required. Mourinho has also topped goal scoring charts in premier league winning seasons and yes they happened against SAF, who would of guessed, Mourinho has topped the goal scoring charts or runner up the majority of his seasons as manager, so if this is boring I will have some of that boring all day long.
Look at that Chelsea team of 2004-06, imagine if it was possible to bring that level of play to United, and bring the hatred back to OT which had been missing for far too long

Munich_1958

Look at that Chelsea team of 2004-06, imagine if it was possible to bring that level of play to United, and bring the hatred back to OT which had been missing for far too long
exactly another point I have made on Mourinho before, That Chelsea team was a fierce attacking team, Drogba, Terry and Lampard in there pump, even though I hate them that was a great side.

LeftyBlaster

Exactly this.

Sigma

Completely agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.