Ben Shapiro

United58

I'm not a fan of Ben Shapiro. He's racist, homophobic and transphobic.

Last edited:

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
Still, I think if you want to debate with someone you need to not resort to name calling.

If someone is a flat earther, and you laugh at them instead of explaining why the world isn't flat, do you really think you'll get anywhere?

I think this is a big problem with the left - every conservative is a fascist Nazi; by perpetuating this, they're essentially ending any rational discourse between the sides and furthering the divide between people.
They aren't debating him though, but sure let's not call the racist guy names.

OleBoiii

Still, I think if you want to debate with someone you need to not resort to name calling.
If a famous person's views are beyond moronic and said person never can respond to your posts anyways, I see no reason to write long paragraphs on why he is wrong.

Oldyella

If someone is a flat earther, and you laugh at them instead of explaining why the world isn't flat, do you really think you'll get anywhere?

I think this is a big problem with the left - every conservative is a fascist Nazi; by perpetuating this, they're essentially ending any rational discourse between the sides and furthering the divide between people.
If someone is still a flat earther in this day and age, yes, they should be laughed at rather than try and explain to them why the world isnt flat.

NotThatSoph

It seems to me that someone called a racist racist, and that made you fantasize about the left calling everyone a fascist nazi.

Shapiro is not just a conservative, he has called for ethnic cleansing of Palestinians and said that Arabs like to bomb things and live in sewage. He was editor-at-large at Breitbart when they had a tag for black crime. He mocks the death of Trayvon Martin, and his takes on certain types of pop culture, like Black Panther and now WAP, are so bizarre that they can hardly be explained away.

Why do you act like this?

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff

I'm not sure if you're aware but the bolded part does not work.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
"If somebody believes something incorrect I would simply explain to them how they are incorrect."

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline

If someone says racist things they deserve to be called a racist, simple as that.

dumbo

Don't Just Fly…Soar!
Scout

Who the hell wants to debate with Ben Shap?

The guy has nothing, absolutely zilch, other than being the most loud and obnoxious moron in a period of stiff competition. He's not even a proper conservative/Nazi/fascist/racist because that would suggest a formulated ideology. He's a crepe paper fascist, with no convictions or thoughts, just flimsy, empty banalities.

He's practically a piece of dog shit on the floor. Sure if you step in it it'll make a mess and stink up the place but that doesn't mean the dog shit is making a valid political contribution, and just because you accidentally walked some dog shit into the carpet, that doesn't require you to get down on your hands and knees to refute the stain. If you see dog shit on the pavement you either dispose of it or make sure to avoid it.

So strange that people would defend dog shit.

Reactions: Invictus

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I'm not sure if you're aware but the bolded part does not work.
I spent far too many hours of my life listening to "debates" with flat earthers last year. Whilst I don't think laughing is the correct way to interact with them, there really is only so far a conversation with them can go.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord

To be fair, I think explaining stuff to a flat earther gets you about as far as laughing at him.

With your last paragraph you generalize the entire left as a single entity that calls every conservative a fascist nazi. I'd say both sides are guilty of generalizing the other side.

That being said, Ben Shapiro is an evil cnut and should be called out as such relentlessly. Not every opinion is worthy of debate and further exploration. If I release a paper tomorrow claiming 2+2 now equals 5 and get angry that mainstream mathematicians are censoring me, by not exploring my theory further I would be called a moron. So should these alternative fact eejits like Ben fecking Shapiro.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
To be fair, I think explaining stuff to a flat earther gets you about as far as laughing at him.

With your last paragraph you generalize the entire left as a single entity that calls every conservative a fascist nazi. I'd say both sides are guilty of generalizing the other side.

That being said, Ben Shapiro is an evil cnut and should be called out as such relentlessly. Not every opinion is worthy of debate and further exploration. If I release a paper tomorrow claiming 2+2 now equals 5 and get angry that mainstream mathematicians are censoring me, by not exploring my theory further I would be called a moron. So should these alternative fact eejits like Ben fecking Shapiro.
I think the bigger issue is someone like shapiro is not ready for debate at all. Hes spewing nonesne

BUT I will say what Shapiro feeds off of can be true or there is a very small kernel of truth into his statements. Thats why I do feel I should inform some of his followers who get manipulated. There are some great yt videos on answering Shapiro. Theyre not to address shaprio but his followers. Plenty of them have the right intentions but are manipulated into this fight against the intolerant left.

I dont like saying someone got bullied in their past but in Shapiros case making that identification is key to understand his statements. I dont say he got bullied to ridicule him or make him feel less than others. I got bullied as well so what. Thing is his whole content is made for the "bullied " now bullying

SirAF

Ageist
Wait... You guys claim Ben Shapiro is a racist/transphobic/homophobic person because he was bullied... while bullying him online? :houllier:
I’m just claiming that he’s a fecking cnut! And yeah, someone like that deserves a good old bullying.

Last edited:

Conor

Insulting another member

You are an idiot.

Smores

If someone says racist things they deserve to be called a racist, simple as that.
This.

People didn't stop using racist slurs because their was a pleasant debate over it. They stopped doing it because they were judged harshly and you have to keep doing that with all hate speech whether it's overt or thinly veiled.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down

Take this bit
If someone is a flat earther
plus this bit
, do you really think you'll get anywhere?
And you get:
If someone is a flat earther, do you really think you'll get anywhere?

The answer is no, you won't get anywhere. The conspiracy nutters are like addicts. You can't force them to get clean.

DJ Jeff

Not so Jazzy
Soaring like a candy wrapper caught in an updraft
Take this bit

plus this bit

And you get:
If someone is a flat earther, do you really think you'll get anywhere?

The answer is no, you won't get anywhere. The conspiracy nutters are like addicts. You can't force them to get clean.
The answer surely can't be to mass-shame them into staying quiet publicly while they organise en masse online, galvanise each other with evidence of censorship and gather increasingly more people into their groups with that narrative

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
I'll never understand why some people get so concerned about the hurt feeling of racists.

Go to a racist rally, try to engage with them as you advocate and see what happens.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
The answer surely can't be to mass-shame them into staying quiet publicly while they organise en masse online, galvanise each other with evidence of censorship and gather increasingly more people into their groups with that narrative
Didn't say that either. You ignore them and live a better life for it.

United58

not saying you were, that sentiment has already been posted on this page forgot to quote the right one. I don't see how its a useful tactic but then I don't see any way out of the increasing polarisation
Is it increasing? I wouldn't know from first hand experience as I'm not yet 30, but have things not always been this divided, for decades and even centuriy? Increased exposure to news coverage (24/7 now with phones and internet) and forums can cause the illusion of more polarization - do you think it's still increasing?

DJ Jeff

Not so Jazzy
Soaring like a candy wrapper caught in an updraft
Is it increasing? I wouldn't know from first hand experience as I'm not yet 30, but have things not always been this divided, for decades and even centuriy? Increased exposure to news coverage (24/7 now with phones and internet) and forums can cause the illusion of more polarization - do you think it's still increasing?
could be illusory effect of me being online more than the average person for sure. middle seems to be hollowing out

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
I'll never understand why some people get so concerned about the hurt feeling of racists.

Go to a racist rally, try to engage with them as you advocate and see what happens.
Wait, are you telling me that debating in the marketplace of ideas won't work against racists? Oh no!

nimic

something nice
Scout
Engaging with fascists would be fine if fascists were playing by the same rules, but unfortunately they're not. It's practically a defining feature of fascism. There's a reason the German conservatives thought they could control Herr Hitler, he was after all just another brute, a novice player at their game of politics.

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
Wait, are you telling me that debating in the marketplace of ideas won't work against racists? Oh no!
Not just that, I'm telling you there are people out there who will blame you for the growing racism of racists if you don't debate said racists.

psychdelicblues

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Everytime I see a new post in this thread in my notifications, my blood pressure rises a little.

I'm not a hateful person, but something about Ben Shapiro (it's his voice obviously) makes me want to strangle something.

Bobski

Made a career out of debating(opportunistic intellectual bullying for social media likes) inexperienced and ill prepared college students. This whole WAP thing has been amusing(Even though I do find that song/video supremely tacky, must be getting old.)