Bluemoon goes into Meltdown

Classical Mechanic

Barca més que un club.
City had an identity, a Mancunian identity, a gritty inner city club with a lot of character but now they actively seek to be the poor mans Barcelona, presumably at the owners desire. It isn't something to be admired. I know a few old time City fans that feel alienated by the way the club has gone already. The younger generations and foreign add on fans won't be in touch with that past but I couldn't help but sneer at that away kit last night.

EyeInTheSky

Last four are :

Celtic 3 -3 City
Tottingham 2 - 0 City
City 1 - 1 Everton
Barca 4 - 0 City

If this was United it would be all over town..
Exactly, where are all the Guardiola/sycophants masquerading as United fans now?

My point here is bad results happen, mistakes happen but it is not a sign that a bad patch means that Guardiola has lost it or is a bad manager etc yet were so quick to condemn our own 7 games in. Feck me right off.

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
It is though isn't it. The essence of a football club is its identity. Appropriating another clubs identity is deeply unattractive in my opinon.
Doesn't mean they will replicate everything exactly. Barcelona took many things from the Dutch school and ultimately the English founded the game, influences are everywhere.

I realize most of you won't want to appreciate anything about your crosstown rivals but I respect their approach more than a club like say PSG that simply threw money at it. City seem to have a plan in place, a blueprint if you will - many of the architects of that are from Barcelona so only natural they bring that with them

IBleedRed

likes to use pantyhose
Doesn't mean they will replicate everything exactly. Barcelona took many things from the Dutch school and ultimately the English founded the game, influences are everywhere.

I realize most of you won't want to appreciate anything about your crosstown rivals but I respect their approach more than a club like say PSG that simply threw money at it. City seem to have a plan in place, a blueprint if you will - many of the architects of that are from Barcelona so only natural they bring that with them
Isn't that exactly what they did?

Fridge chutney

PSG and City are almost identical in their approach! PSG would have gotten Pep if they could have, but Pep's friends happened to be at City.

The difference is, PSG was a bigger, more recognised club when the oil money came.

what a mess

I respect City for all they have achieved this is a club that has really had the toughest of times and has now risen from the ashes to become a true superpower , yes they have spent a lot of money but lets face it we have broken transfer records on many occasions and have seldom been slow to bring the cheque book out . They have built a fabulous complex that would put most others to shame and have a solid infrastructure which should ensure hey never fall from grace again
BUT .....
in my opinion their Achilles heel could well turn out to be Pep as I believe he is a one trick pony ( though it is a fantastic trick ) he is absolutely set in his ways and beliefs and will not be swayed I used to work for a guy who was always right even when he was wrong pep reminds me of him it's his way or the highway , the clearest sign was his shoddy treatment of hart and replacing him with a goalkeeper who buys in to peps philosophy of we will play from the back even if it doesn't work seeming to prefer a keeper who is better with his feet than he is with his hands ,pure folly in the high paced rough and tumble of the prem believe me last night v Barca won't be the only occasion this keeper will cost them goals .
Lets look at Pep's managerial experience
The Spanish prem has 2 great teams full of superstars and one really good one the rest are pretty poor in terms of week in week out lge performance ( you very rarely see upsets in La liga bottom beating top just doesn't happen hence Barca and Real score 5/ 6 goals on a regular basis ) .

The same can broadly be said of Germany where there is one great team and a couple of good ones and the rest no better than average .

The prem has shock results week in week out ( hence why sky super 6 is so difficult to win ) we know there is every chance that Swansea , West Brom , Stoke , Hull etc etc are always capable of beating United , Arsenal , Chelsea etc etc , the pure football that Pep demands each week just won't cut it in the Prem , don't get me wrong they will be top 4 but if he sticks tight to his possession based game every week they will become unstuck .

Although purists won't agree I believe Jose is a much better option he knows the prem knows what to expect and is prepared to set up his team differently game by game ( and if that means parking the bus on occasion then so be it ! ) .

I honestly believe the premiership will " find Pep out " and think he will be too set in his ways to bend

We will see

Gazautd18

"Joke penalty .Mata is going away from goal ,the defender stumbles and accidently falls into Mata. The Ref has a clear view -bent as feck."
Beautiful!!

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
They've had about 300 penalties this season. Let us have one.

Though it was a clear penalty. He steps right on his feel before he falls in to him. It definitely wasn't by accident, not that that even matters.

salford_

"Joke penalty .Mata is going away from goal ,the defender stumbles and accidently falls into Mata. The Ref has a clear view -bent as feck."
Beautiful!!
Doesnt surprise me with that place. Otamendi could right hook a striker and break his jaw and they'd claim the striker lifted Otamendi's arm and walked into it. RAWK set the sandard for bitterness, but Bluemoon is way out in front IMO

Devil81

They've had about 200 penalties because they are constantly on the attack, it was the same with us back in the day. Unfortunately we're hardly ever in the box anymore.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
None of those things matter anyway. Those two pens were some of the clearest I've ever seen.

adamwest

I respect City for all they have achieved this is a club that has really had the toughest of times and has now risen from the ashes to become a true superpower , yes they have spent a lot of money but lets face it we have broken transfer records on many occasions and have seldom been slow to bring the cheque book out . They have built a fabulous complex that would put most others to shame and have a solid infrastructure which should ensure hey never fall from grace again
BUT .....
in my opinion their Achilles heel could well turn out to be Pep as I believe he is a one trick pony ( though it is a fantastic trick ) he is absolutely set in his ways and beliefs and will not be swayed I used to work for a guy who was always right even when he was wrong pep reminds me of him it's his way or the highway , the clearest sign was his shoddy treatment of hart and replacing him with a goalkeeper who buys in to peps philosophy of we will play from the back even if it doesn't work seeming to prefer a keeper who is better with his feet than he is with his hands ,pure folly in the high paced rough and tumble of the prem believe me last night v Barca won't be the only occasion this keeper will cost them goals .
Lets look at Pep's managerial experience
The Spanish prem has 2 great teams full of superstars and one really good one the rest are pretty poor in terms of week in week out lge performance ( you very rarely see upsets in La liga bottom beating top just doesn't happen hence Barca and Real score 5/ 6 goals on a regular basis ) .

The same can broadly be said of Germany where there is one great team and a couple of good ones and the rest no better than average .

The prem has shock results week in week out ( hence why sky super 6 is so difficult to win ) we know there is every chance that Swansea , West Brom , Stoke , Hull etc etc are always capable of beating United , Arsenal , Chelsea etc etc , the pure football that Pep demands each week just won't cut it in the Prem , don't get me wrong they will be top 4 but if he sticks tight to his possession based game every week they will become unstuck .

Although purists won't agree I believe Jose is a much better option he knows the prem knows what to expect and is prepared to set up his team differently game by game ( and if that means parking the bus on occasion then so be it ! ) .

I honestly believe the premiership will " find Pep out " and think he will be too set in his ways to bend

We will see
Interesting and well informed post, thanks for that. I do think Pep will inevitably have to adapt his ways, as stubborn as he is. I can't see him getting found out as you say. He knows too much about football in every way and if he has to change through force I think he will. It'll be interesting to see who he buys to take care of the mess they have at the back. That's where they're so weak and no system or tactics can cover for hapless defending.

JohnnyKills

They worked out which was the most successful club in world football and then offered them more money to move. Amazing strategy

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Doesnt surprise me with that place. Otamendi could right hook a striker and break his jaw and they'd claim the striker lifted Otamendi's arm and walked into it. RAWK set the sandard for bitterness, but Bluemoon is way out in front IMO
You should have seen them trying to pass Aguero elbowing incident as Winston Reid putting his face into Aguero's elbow.

Those lots are completely mental :lol:

Havak

Pokemon master
Last four are :

Celtic 3 -3 City
Tottingham 2 - 0 City
City 1 - 1 Everton
Barca 4 - 0 City

If this was United it would be all over town..
Easy for me to say here in hindsight, but I did say to a few of my friends (both reds and blues) and probably somewhere on this board that we'd learn a lot more when they actually drop points. So far, it seems like they can't bounce back. Teams have shown them too much respect, but as soon as a couple of teams pressed them high up (Celtic and Spurs) they leaked a fair few goals and have continued on the wobble.

Southampton next who while not setting the world alight were seven unbeaten before losing 1-0 away at Inter. If City don't win, surely this is more of a 'crisis' than what we had with the three losses on the spin? Doubt it'll get much coverage in the media, though.

Also, if they did fail to beat Southampton, they come to Old Trafford again where I actually think we'll have a stronger side out if we both rest players (thinking that side that played Fenerbahce will face City). Could very easily be six without a win, with Pep yet to face the difficult winter period.

Despite me saying all of this, I still think City are favourites for the title (just).

Reddevilboy

Supports
Brexit
If Pep really isn't prepared to change how he wants the team to play then he might as well leave now. IT worked for the first 10 matches now other teams have adjusted. Sadly all the Rags are right he's been found out. Was never 100% convinced he would be a good fit. Wanted him to be but to my immense disappointment he isn't
This performance so has me wondering if there is truth to the discontent in the team with the manager. There doesn't seem to be any cohesion or team spirit. It looks like they have just met for a kick about in the park. If they don't sort this shit out we are going to start sliding down the table with little chance of recovering.
Some of their fans are calling out for Pep's head now. Shocking.

Irrational.

Some half-time BM thoughts:

I'm having a shit at half time and i bet it won't stink as much as this first half.
What's wrong with our team is fecking obvious. fecking obvious. Look at barcas attack all three can score goals. Reals, bale benzema ronaldo all three will score you goals. Bayern Lewandowski Muller Robben will score goals. We have ONLY aguero that can score. The rest of our midfield and attack are not renowned goal scorers and that's fecking us badly.
Bring back Pellegrini!

As poor as we have been under Guardiola.

In fact we had more teeth under Pelligrini than we have had so far today.

No energy, no nothing. A combination of things that I'd never thought we would lack under him are missing here in spades
Is Pep that good?
If Pep really isn't prepared to change how he wants the team to play then he might as well leave now. IT worked for the first 10 matches now other teams have adjusted. Sadly all the Rags are right he's been found out. Was never 100% convinced he would be a good fit. Wanted him to be but to my immense disappointment he isn't
I can't believe some on here are questioning Pep's future. Has it really come to this already?

Nearly all doing that are Rags having an pre-hiding jolly.
Post match:

They’re turning on their Lord and Saviour Sergio Aguero:

Too many kids too many average players and a few past it players . Not gonna win feck all this season. If Aguero would just pass a fecking ball it would help.
#realism

Watched City since 68 I just don't enjoy football anymore, it's all about overpaid average players, who don't give a feck, not enjoyed for a couple of years it is just a habit, a mean 2 fecking defenders and one of them is Kolorov playing left wing back.
Some positivity:

What must Pep think of this league. feckin best league in the world at parking the feckin bus and time wasting after 43min. Happy with 2nd half response. The time wasters defended well. Top of the league and more min in the bank for the players to gel. Hoping for a certain over team from london who play in dark blue to smash the other team whose spiritial home is london who play in menstrual red. Still early feckin doors in this league. Sense of perspective required (talkin for myself). CTID
I might come back after the rags have posted in here.
Top of the league. That'll do nicely.

Irrational.

Okay back online now.

Some reactions - pretty much what you'd expect, really:

fecking fuming... Not turning on pep not one bit but how could he pick such a weak team in a game like this? At old Trafford? The game was over before it begun and the team selection arghhhh it just pisses me off thinking about it!
I know it was the seconds and a competition we can probably do without this season but that was awful. As bad as they are, the rags probably deserved to win. Nicely managed homer performance by Mike Dean and his assistants.

Need to win at the weekend now.
It's not an improvement to my eyes. I'll have to be careful, the pep squad will be out to get me. People that slagged Pellers off last season for "the way he won it" are nowadays saying 'the second best manager in the German league the last few years' has "done nothing wrong" tonight.

3 or 4 more winless games and the season is as good as over. But at least he's not old or humble so that's okay.
though disappointed on losing to rags+dean or should i say dean+ rags , now we can focus on real titles
Big competition for them, not for us. I'd still tell Guardiola to feck off if I met him tonight, it's a fecking Derby. Hate, fecking hate losing to those ****s.
A full rag side struggled to beat our training team along with Mike Dean doing his best to help. We've just given them that bit of false hope that will come crashing down around them sharpish.

podurban2

Not too many happy with Pep right now.

It's not an improvement to my eyes. I'll have to be careful, the pep squad will be out to get me. People that slagged Pellers off last season for "the way he won it" are nowadays saying 'the second best manager in the German league the last few years' has "done nothing wrong" tonight.

3 or 4 more winless games and the season is as good as over. But at least he's not old or humble so that's okay.
I think Pep is over-drilling them. The players seem confused and scared to stand on the wrong blade of grass. He seems to have scared the freedom out of them.
6 without a win now, very worrying. The players look lost.
Look like a completely unmotivated bunch of individuals. Buck stops with the manager, he's supposed to be Mr. Motivator FFS
Very disappointing that we've lost another cup game and been knocked out by them. Problem is managers don't realise what derby games mean anymore and the fans are shafted
6 now without a win and I fear this could be stretched to 8-9 the way were playing.
Can't even laugh at these posts... They seem insightful (some of them), where's the fun in that?

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Leroy Sane
Is it worth putting his shirt in the washing machine tonight? :-(

I accept he is raw and needs time to develop, but at present he doesn't deserve to be ahead of Navas in the pecking order.