Bluemoon goes into Meltdown

el magico

Supports
Manchester City
I have been on this forum for 12 years, read the quotes from Blue Moon for that long, and yes, their appreciation of football is that it is an avenue for their hatred rather than an avenue for enjoyment of the sport. When I say hatred, I am referring to their self-hatred, which no doubt comes from the facts they are a group of low intelligence, high school drop-outs who, due to their limitations, have never made their mark on the world as individuals.
If your view of a football forum is based purely on quotes on a rival forum I think you should be questioning your own intelligence.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
If your view of a football forum is based purely on quotes on a rival forum I think you should be questioning your own intelligence.
Feck me, this coming from a Shitizen?? I'd argue that 98% of the clowns on that joke of a forum of yours should be questioning their own intelligence. You want to sort your own shite out before making statements like that.

WackyWengerWorld

Supports
Arsenal
I haven't followed the bluemoon forum for long, but since I've posted there I haven't come across a less intelligent, less friendly, less biased group of tin hat foil wearing simpletons in the whole football forum world. I'd imagine any City fan who is clinically sane (pun intended) would absolutely hate the place and constantly cringe at them.

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
I doubt so mate...that was before the internet became mainstream and I bet that a lot of their so-called fans started signing up on their site after the take-over. I remember when I was 16 back in 2009 a year after their take-over, I had a mate who used to support Chelsea and he switched his loyalty to City. I asked him why? And he took out a £50 note and exclaimed loudly "Because they have money!" You jelly? :lol:
Not to the same level but yes even under the Thai guy and with Sven those forums were a bit wild and angry albeit with less arrogance. A little less of the teenagers (well what one hopes are teenagres) but still an angry place. Even back then it was like the word "United" was banned and the word "Rag" had to be used with any reference to you guys.

this little gem is 2008 in fairness the guy got put in his place but there was always that element to the forum unfortunately and it has grown.
Thanks for answering. Was thinking they were normal before they won lottery, that the arogance came later, but obviously, decades of being in shadow of a big neighbour will frustrate you.

TheBiggest

I haven't followed the bluemoon forum for long, but since I've posted there I haven't come across a less intelligent, less friendly, less biased group of tin hat foil wearing simpletons in the whole football forum world. I'd imagine any City fan who is clinically sane (pun intended) would absolutely hate the place and constantly cringe at them.

Let's be honest....'forum' fans are just insane, regardless of which club they are fans of. BlueMooon and RAWK are not typical Liverpool or City fans...they are just a bunch of keyboard warriors whose bitterness of Man United's success leads them to typing utter made-up garbage, that they even know is made up. On here, a vast majority of our fans hold conspiracies against the club that are just insane. United fans on here are also the most negative bunch of people you will ever come across in life. But BlueMoon is not a reflection of the average City fan, just the average City fan on a forum, and RAWK is not a reflection of the average Pool fan, just the average Pool fan who likes to post on forums, same as the Caf does not reflect the average United fan, just the average United fan who likes online forums.

However, there is certainly an element of bitterness in the average Pool and City fan while there is certainly an element of 'conspiracy bullshit' from a lot of United fans.

PS: Can I post script this post by saying I feel really sorry for the United fans who not only believed BUT STILL believe the anti-Glazer propaganda handed down by MUST. It's cringeworthy that we genuinely still have a sprinkling of fans who think Ferguson's hands were tied behind his back in the transfer market by the Glazers. It's these sort of tin-foil wearing fans who give us all a bad name.

ObelOitment Fungentula

Supports
Liverpool
Let's be honest....'forum' fans are just insane, regardless of which club they are fans of. BlueMooon and RAWK are not typical Liverpool or City fans...they are just a bunch of keyboard warriors whose bitterness of Man United's success leads them to typing utter made-up garbage, that they even know is made up. On here, a vast majority of our fans hold conspiracies against the club that are just insane. United fans on here are also the most negative bunch of people you will ever come across in life. But BlueMoon is not a reflection of the average City fan, just the average City fan on a forum, and RAWK is not a reflection of the average Pool fan, just the average Pool fan who likes to post on forums, same as the Caf does not reflect the average United fan, just the average United fan who likes online forums.

However, there is certainly an element of bitterness in the average Pool and City fan while there is certainly an element of 'conspiracy bullshit' from a lot of United fans.

PS: Can I post script this post by saying I feel really sorry for the United fans who not only believed BUT STILL believe the anti-Glazer propaganda handed down by MUST. It's cringeworthy that we genuinely still have a sprinkling of fans who think Ferguson's hands were tied behind his back in the transfer market by the Glazers. It's these sort of tin-foil wearing fans who give us all a bad name.
I wouldn't even go that far. I've never visited any City forums other than Bluemoon to give a comparison, but in the case of Liverpool and United fans I would say that posters on any particular fan forum offer a reflection (at best) of the views on that forum alone, and not of online forum fans of the club they support as a whole, as you suggest.

For example, I also use a LFC site called The Liverpool Way, which, aside from the fact that it's full of Liverpool fans, is quite different in tone and content than RAWK. Indeed, the cringe levels expressed towards RAWK from TLW are just as prominent as they are in the 'Meltdown' thread on here. And, during the 'great Rafa debate' in 2009/10, RAWK was wholly behind him, whilst TLW had this whole 'Anti-Rafa Taliban' thing going on. Likewise, anyone browsing the Republik of Mancunia site will see that it attracts a different sort of United fan than you'll see on here, and with behaviour and views tolerated that would be discouraged (or banned) on here. Even on Arsenal sites (which I frequent less) I notice that the Anti-Wenger brigade are vocal on Goonersworld in a way that they aren't on Arsenalmania.

Of course these are generalisations, and some fans post on more than one site, but, as in normal life, I think fans of a particular club, offered the option, will naturally gravitate towards a site that provides a platform where their views will be shared rather than mocked.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin

The majority of City fans you meet tend to harbor this sense of entitlement that extends far beyond that of your average football fan which I find to be utterly bizzare. Bluemoon represents the worst of them, largely frequented by insecure middle aged men of low character and self-esteem. A sesspool of hate and bitterness that few messages boards could even hope to rival.

RAWK is an unfair representation of Liverpool fans on the whole. The majority of those you meet are well educated (at least in football terms) and highly passionate about their club. They have a sense of entitlement too but that's understandable considering their history. Loyal to a fault, always believing, never giving up hope. Almost admirable when it's not utterly cringeworthy. Nonetheless entertaining though. Never get bored talking football with a dipper.

For foreign football fans based outside England, where contact with scourers and City fans is minimal at best, it's easy to mistake RAWK as a fair representation of your average Liverpool fan which is unfair. Same cannot be said for City fans though, they are simply the asshole of the world.

Last edited:

WackyWengerWorld

Supports
Arsenal
Let's be honest....'forum' fans are just insane, regardless of which club they are fans of. BlueMooon and RAWK are not typical Liverpool or City fans...they are just a bunch of keyboard warriors whose bitterness of Man United's success leads them to typing utter made-up garbage, that they even know is made up. On here, a vast majority of our fans hold conspiracies against the club that are just insane. United fans on here are also the most negative bunch of people you will ever come across in life.
While all that could be somewhat true if I posted on here Bayern have a greater chance of winning the Champions League next season than United most would say 'fair enough' or at least respect my opinion. When I said the same about City on Bluemoon I was called a troll, a Rag etc insult etc.

But BlueMoon is not a reflection of the average City fan, just the average City fan on a forum, and RAWK is not a reflection of the average Pool fan, just the average Pool fan who likes to post on forums, same as the Caf does not reflect the average United fan, just the average United fan who likes online forums.
I'd hope not, but they still have by far the worst football forum.

I don't know if it's a crazy conspiracy theory to have the train of thought that your manager had a transfer budget and probably spent most of it and believe your owners invested more when they realised their company was in dire need of it. Ultimately no one knows what goes on behind closed doors but that would be my expectation of what likely happened as an opposition supporter.

el magico

Supports
Manchester City
What? Don't base your view of a Forum on the posts made in that Forum? :wenger:

What the feck else are you supposed to base your views on a Forum?
Funny. The original post was an allegation of low intelligence amongst City fans based on red cafe quotes. You haven't understood the original post nor my reply.

Spirit of Solskjaer

When the things people say are mostly vitriol and hatred it usually signifies lower intelligence..hence the alt right and Trump voters in general.
Exactly. Add to that the complete inability to tolerate conflicting opinions and the susceptibility to conspiracy theories. All telltale signs :)

el magico

Supports
Manchester City
When the things people say are mostly vitriol and hatred it usually signifies lower intelligence..hence the alt right and Trump voters in general.
You mean, the sort of person who is happy to state that a fan-base is of low intelligence based on selected quotes on a rival team's forum?

Post from United fan which I responded too:

'I have been on this forum for 12 years, read the quotes from Blue Moon for that long, and yes, their appreciation of football is that it is an avenue for their hatred rather than an avenue for enjoyment of the sport. When I say hatred, I am referring to their self-hatred, which no doubt comes from the facts they are a group of low intelligence, high school drop-outs who, due to their limitations, have never made their mark on the world as individuals.'

Seems like a lot of vitriol from the Utd fan?

el magico

Supports
Manchester City
Exactly. Add to that the complete inability to tolerate conflicting opinions and the susceptibility to conspiracy theories. All telltale signs :)
Most football forums struggle to tolerate conflicting opinions. Isn't that why redcafe has the newbie system?

Flytan

Most football forums struggle to tolerate conflicting opinions. Isn't that why redcafe has the newbie system?
Not to the extent that Bluemoon has. Anything resembling a dissenting opinion there is treated as a slight against their club.

Also this thread exists to laugh and Bluemoon and City fans correct? Don't know what else you would expect.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
You mean, the sort of person who is happy to state that a fan-base is of low intelligence based on selected quotes on a rival team's forum?

'I have been on this forum for 12 years, read the quotes from Blue Moon for that long, and yes, their appreciation of football is that it is an avenue for their hatred rather than an avenue for enjoyment of the sport. When I say hatred, I am referring to their self-hatred, which no doubt comes from the facts they are a group of low intelligence, high school drop-outs who, due to their limitations, have never made their mark on the world as individuals.'

If that's the best you can come up with compared to the bile on your site, you really are deluded!

Akshay

Staff
I don't care for trying to analyze the psychology of BlueMoon's posters but whenever I have gone and read that forum I've found the discussion to be of extremely poor quality. In fact I find it difficult to fathom what kind of human being would continuously post drivel like much of the stuff there.

The newbie system is about poster quality, not censoring differing viewpoints.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Not to the extent that Bluemoon has. Anything resembling a dissenting opinion there is treated as a slight against their club.

Also this thread exists to laugh and Bluemoon and City fans correct? Don't know what else you would expect.
Always makes me laugh when City fans come into the Bluemoon meltdown thread with all manner of objections! :lol:

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself

Cool, that you have the need to defend Bluemoon for some reason but you've other threads to discuss City. Don't ruin this thread or I'll threadban you. Why do oppo posters bother coming in the meltdown threads anyway?

Spirit of Solskjaer

I'm not sure you understand what 'vitriol' means? :lol: Compare that post, a calm and composed piece of writing (while certainly taking a dim view of BM posters), to the 'feckING CORRUPT CHEATING RAG cnuts' posts page after page after page on Bluemoon. Exactly the same thing isn't it :wenger:

The United Irishman

"Martial is championship material at best"
I doubt so mate...that was before the internet became mainstream and I bet that a lot of their so-called fans started signing up on their site after the take-over. I remember when I was 16 back in 2009 a year after their take-over, I had a mate who used to support Chelsea and he switched his loyalty to City. I asked him why? And he took out a £50 note and exclaimed loudly "Because they have money!" You jelly? :lol:
Is he still your mate?

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Even after they banned the poor rag Frank a few days ago, they still can't let it go.

Lets get one basic fact right , the only reason people have supported MUFC for the past 30 years , is for an easy life , they are mentally too weak to support their local team and suffer a few seasons of mediocrity (with the odd cup run brightening up years of underachievement) . Tens of thousands of City fans have been through the wringer , we have had false dawns and we have stayed with our club through thin and thin for decades ,so for any armchair Rag to come on here and advise us of our fortune is just f*cking hilarious and proves how deluded Rags and their plastic fans really are.
:lol:

AshRK

I wouldn't even go that far. I've never visited any City forums other than Bluemoon to give a comparison, but in the case of Liverpool and United fans I would say that posters on any particular fan forum offer a reflection (at best) of the views on that forum alone, and not of online forum fans of the club they support as a whole, as you suggest.

For example, I also use a LFC site called The Liverpool Way, which, aside from the fact that it's full of Liverpool fans, is quite different in tone and content than RAWK. Indeed, the cringe levels expressed towards RAWK from TLW are just as prominent as they are in the 'Meltdown' thread on here. And, during the 'great Rafa debate' in 2009/10, RAWK was wholly behind him, whilst TLW had this whole 'Anti-Rafa Taliban' thing going on. Likewise, anyone browsing the Republik of Mancunia site will see that it attracts a different sort of United fan than you'll see on here, and with behaviour and views tolerated that would be discouraged (or banned) on here. Even on Arsenal sites (which I frequent less) I notice that the Anti-Wenger brigade are vocal on Goonersworld in a way that they aren't on Arsenalmania.

Of course these are generalisations, and some fans post on more than one site, but, as in normal life, I think fans of a particular club, offered the option, will naturally gravitate towards a site that provides a platform where their views will be shared rather than mocked.
Republic of Mancunian (RoM) has become very hard to visit now. I used to post there a lot , but the posters there now are anti-united like anything. You will be abused there if you defend jose, it's like that there.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers

Nope just the ones whose sole purpose of posting on forums and on the internet in general is to spew hatred. If Bluemoon has a higher proportion of that kind of poster..and they do then its reasonable to assume a lack of intelligence is prevalent on that forum.

Its up to you to decide whether thats a big enough sample to call Citys support base stupid in general.

In my opinion from being on the Caf and viewing twitter and other social media its reasonable for me to assume, in part, that United have a spoiled and impatient fan base where nothing but instant success is good enough.

TonyMarshall

What a pathetic little turd of a club . That defence is still a shambles.

Pep fraudiola cant do it with small clubs. Another trophyless season beckons.

U99ted

At least they're unbiased :wenger:

RedPed

Whatabouter.
A little perspective on @el magico's argument:

Said like a true non English gloryhunting rag prick.. Proper scum fans know that City are your closest rival,,where were fecking Liverpool,Chelsea & Arsenasl when your shithole got bombed in the war ?? You came begging to City and we obliged..and you got your record attendance at our ground.. i bet that pisses you off eh pal.It was called Maine Road and was bigger and better than your ground.. Why didnt you go to Liverpool,Arsenal or Chelsea.. cos two were 200 miles away and the other 35 miles.. we were a bus ride away...

So wrap it up all you want in that small whorped brain of yours... City v United is a derby and always will be.
Even now, they're still responding to a guy they banned days ago! :wenger: Low intelligence indeed!