Bluemoon goes into Meltdown

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Totally get this, my brother, who I love other than the fact he is a die hard blue, and we have all the banter you'd expect. When both teams are on a winning run, we may not speak for a few weeks. If one of us slips up the messages, calls etc. start up. The ONLY union we have is when we both want Liverpool to slip up.
Aye it makes no sense, you've got to get bitter and twisted about football rivalry like us normal people :lol:

Back on topic, I notice their 'Pep may be bailing out, who's next?' thread goes three posts before 'PiGMOL' is mentioned. What did the Match Officials Board have to do with their defeat last neet and what does it have to do with the hunt for City's next manager? There are some people whose lives are ruined by obsessive bitterness, it's a serious problem for them.

DarkLord

It's funny how they call Bayerb Munich the German rags. They are such a self entitled lot. Actually calling for their greatest manager to be sacked now.

Bazi

Supports
Bayern Munich
I haven't watched much Premiere League last season. How much does Aguero have left in the tank? If he can't run anymore similar to Suarez, him and Messi will hardly be any better against the press of teams like Liverpool and Bayern in the Champions League.

Classical Mechanic

I haven't watched much Premiere League last season. How much does Aguero have left in the tank? If he can't run anymore similar to Suarez, him and Messi will hardly be any better against the press of teams like Liverpool and Bayern in the Champions League.
He's got more legs than Messi or Suarez still. He's starting to rattle a bit though.

Offsideagain

I hope Messi does go to the Emptyhad. First his £500k a week will put a dent in their finances so they won’t (legally) have the resources to buy a decent defence. Secondly, he’s been used to being top dog, calling the shots, deciding who Barca sign and get rid of. I can’t see the likes of DeBruyne and Stirling putting up with that. Third, he can’t play the fast high press for the whole game, so the great coach will have to adjust the way they play. Fourth, he’s poison in the changing room unless your in his Kabul. Finally, what will he do when Guardiola buggers off to Italy next season? Probably choose the next manager.

clarkydaz

I hope Messi does go to the Emptyhad. First his £500k a week will put a dent in their finances so they won’t (legally) have the resources to buy a decent defence. Secondly, he’s been used to being top dog, calling the shots, deciding who Barca sign and get rid of. I can’t see the likes of DeBruyne and Stirling putting up with that. Third, he can’t play the fast high press for the whole game, so the great coach will have to adjust the way they play. Fourth, he’s poison in the changing room unless your in his Kabul. Finally, what will he do when Guardiola buggers off to Italy next season? Probably choose the next manager.
Eh? The first open net Sterling misses, he is out on his ear :D

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
£500k? So he's going to take a 50% reduction?

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Pep will bench Kun and go with Messi as false 9.

High Pressing wouldn't be a concern.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
You didn't hear it from me but I've been told Messi is actually of German descent and listens to the name Ernst Stavro Blofeld. We should definitely pray that he stays away from City, imagine the havoc such an evil genius could cause with all those oil billions at his disposal. On the other hand, it may be better to have him in England so 007 and Sherlock can keep him in check. Difficult decision.

SER19

They really are a particularly disgusting 'fan' base. Absolute wilful denial and just bristle with anger at any motion that their dubai bought success might be ill gotten. The idea of Messi even knowing who city were 8 years ago is unlikely. They are literally a plaything as if a teenage city fan was in charge.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Strange post. 1. They can definitely afford it and marketing wise it puts them on the map like never before. 2. De Bruyne will be delighted, and rightly so - and Messi won't be walking in there calling the shots. They already have the club set up from top to bottom to cater to Guardiola so that will be fine. 3. They can accommodate him - though this is probably the only argument against them signing Messi at this stage of his career. Pep will probably compensate by trying to get a bona fide work horse to partner de Bruyne in front of Fernandinho. 4. Poison in the dressing room? From what credible account did you get that? 5. This will likely extend Pep's stay there, might even be a condition for his signature.

Shame as it is, him going to City, given the context of us being nowhere near fighting for the league, I'll enjoy seeing him in the Prem and making City more competitive against the scouse...

DarkLord

my first note, 14 years watching messi my heart is broken but it was a matter of when, coming to the blues with pep is like feeling the beginning of a story again, it will make it fantastic to see messi in the english football that both personally admire, see Messi is a privilege, I am Spanish who lived in Whifield (Bury) 16 years ago, my team in England in those days was Rafael's liverpool, now it's the city from the first day that Pep Guardiola arrived in the city, I hope to go very soon Let's see it live when we go to visit the family, my wife is English from bury (the shakers) what a shame many kisses we went to gigg lane, 135 years of history in the vasura we hope they solve something, well greetings to all
Used to be a Liverpool fan when Liverpool was managed by Rafael Benitez and became a City fan when Pep Guardiola joined them. :lol: Says it all.

Beaucoup

Used to be a Liverpool fan when Liverpool was managed by Rafael Benitez and became a City fan when Pep Guardiola joined them. :lol: Says it all.
Why didn’t he become an Arsenal fan when Emery became the manager?

flappyjay

The potential merry go round could feck us. If messi goes to City on a free it removes a huge amount of money from Barcelona's expenses. They go and get Salah/Mane, Liverpool use that money to get Sancho.

RoyH1

The potential merry go round could feck us. If messi goes to City on a free it removes a huge amount of money from Barcelona's expenses. They go and get Salah/Mane, Liverpool use that money to get Sancho.
Their debt right now is massive though. None other of the superclubs dedicate as big a part of their budget to salaries as Barcelona. If they used those savings for anything other than liquidity, they'd be digging a deeper hole for themselves (and with no Messi to market too. )

Not to mention that the economic crisis resulting from the pandemic is hitting Spain specially hard. Madrid is tightening the belt too, just focusing on their stadium build.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
I misread the post as the poster was 14 years old. When I reread the post, I am still of the opinion the poster is 14 years old.

RoyH1

I misread the post as the poster was 14 years old. When I reread the post, I am still of the opinion the poster is 14 years old.
I don't know man, nowadays the focus is so much on the person and not the organisation behind them. And it's people older than 14 I tell you.

I still find the amount of people that jumped to support Juventus just because Ronaldo moved there staggering.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
I don't know man, nowadays the focus is so much on the person and not the organisation behind them. And it's people older than 14 I tell you.

I still find the amount of people that jumped to support Juventus just because Ronaldo moved there staggering.
Good point. I’ve supported United for multiple decades & always had a struggle when one of our best left the team to go elsewhere (Keano, Beckham, CR7), but it’s always been the club that is the most important to me. To follow a person regardless of the club somewhat devalues the special nature of football being the ultimate team sport.

RedNed77

Their debt right now is massive though. None other of the superclubs dedicate as big a part of their budget to salaries as Barcelona. If they used those savings for anything other than liquidity, they'd be digging a deeper hole for themselves (and with no Messi to market too. )

Not to mention that the economic crisis resulting from the pandemic is hitting Spain specially hard. Madrid is tightening the belt too, just focusing on their stadium build.
Read yesterday on the Athletic that they have a £200m hole in the accounts from the season just gone and are projecting £300m hole this year coming up. They need to free up £150m just to stay viable and thats before they look at any signings. Pretty sure I read somewhere they were already borrowing cash last summer to pay salaries, before the whole Covid clusterfeck, they're in a sorry state financially.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
Good point. I’ve supported United for multiple decades & always had a struggle when one of our best left the team to go elsewhere (Keano, Beckham, CR7), but it’s always been the club that is the most important to me. To follow a person regardless of the club somewhat devalues the special nature of football being the ultimate team sport.
My attitude when someone leaves, is, if you don't want to play for United, feck you then. No player is bigger than the club, just ask SAF.

edcunited1878

Yes.

In unrelated news, Messi will be taking an ambassador position with the emirates. Salary undisclosed.
Well because Messi could be signed as part of City Football Group (CFG), that's where the rumors of Messi going to MLS and NYCFC originate from.

Messi plays a couple years with City, but then he can be paid 'bonuses' that aren't part of a weekly wage package no matter what club he plays for as long as its within CFG. MLS cannot stump up a huge transfer fee for Messi as he could just 'transfer for free', but it's just a lateral move to another CFG property in the does business as (dba) NYCFC. The club themselves cannot pay enormous weekly wages or annual salary, but CFG can pay Messi royalty fees or match bonuses, etc. and even give him some type of equity in a CFG club or ambassador role like you said.

ThierryFabregas

Supports
Arsenal
They keep saying Barce are bang out of order for not releasing Messi for free, despite him exercising the clause to be released for free about 3 months late.

Pow

Supports
Chelsea
They keep saying Barce are bang out of order for not releasing Messi for free, despite him exercising the clause to be released for free about 3 months late.
Surely theres extenuating circumstances with the season being extended ?

Steve 007

What I find hilarious about the Blue Moon forum is the bitterness towards absolutely everyone, the other teams especially us, the referees, Eufa, the Premier league, even successful managers and VAR.

They think Liverpool won the league because of VAR and that we are given an unfair amount of penalties. So I done some penalty research for over the last 7 years since Fergie left, I’ll let you draw your own conclusions. I’ve put the pens next to each teams name and then added their penalty league position in brackets, this is just league penalties.

Season 19/20

Utd 14 (1st) City 11 (2nd)
Season 18/19

Utd 12 (1st) City 4 (13th)
Season 17/18

Utd 3 (10th) City 8 (3rd)
Season 16/17

Utd 4 (15th) City 9 (3rd)
Season 15/16

Utd 3 (15th) City 8 (2nd)
Season 14/15

Utd 5 (6th) City 8 (1st)

Season 13/14

Utd 5 (8th) City 7 (3rd)

Total penalties

Utd 46 City 55

Average position in penalty table over the 7 seasons.

Utd 7th. City 4th/5th (Actually averages out as 4.8).
Should we send the premier league some flowers to say thank you for the unfair advantage?

Reactions: Jippy

DarkLord

Typical City fan really. Many of them were Chelsea fans 10 years ago
What I find it even more funny is just 2 weeks ago, they were calling for Pep to be sacked and said something like he better renew his contract or he can get out, there was a thread on looking for his replacement and now they are now back to worshipping him because of Messi. Once the Sheiks pull out their money, they will go back to supporting Chelsea or PSG.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
Surely theres extenuating circumstances with the season being extended ?
You can see both sides of the argument, so will be intriguing if it does go to court. Is the clause that any case has to be heard in Spain even enforceable though? Can you deny access to the court of arbitration?
No idea. Maybe they will both settle for c£100m and a couple of players to avoid the all or nothing risk.