Bluemoon goes into Meltdown

Irrational.

If you think Uefa would have let us lift the trophy you are deluded. The foul on Laporte didn't need to go to Var it was that obvious, but the goal stood.
Best we went out now, as if we had reached the final we would be tearing our hair out at the injustices UEFA would have inflicted on us
I think it safe to say we will never win the Champions League under Pep.

His record is fecking abysmal.

We looked scared of them from the start.No belief.

Mixed feelings about going out tbh

I think Lyon have saved us from a good fecking hiding by bayern.

Why does this side Bottle it so much in Europe.Every season is the same. Calamitous school boy defending.
Its clear this season that Pep is increasingly losing his eternal battle with his inner smartarse.
Even the most delusional Catalan cultists and true believers must accept that his insane tinkering has cost us tonight. Again
Sorry but I’m fecking livid with Pep.
I would get Poch.
Never thought I would say this....

Pep has to go now. There's a reason we haven't renewed his contract, Tonight sums up why along with Monaco and Tottenham. This tonight is down to Pep and him alone.
No doubt tomorrow, the ref or the VAR official will come out and apologise for not giving the foul on Laporte in the build-up to their second goal.
Every year in the CL, we screw up. We'll never win it. Now, you can argue about UEFA not allowing us to win it. Which mayhave some merit to it. But we have a mental block towards that competition. We shouldn't be losing that game tonight. And we shouldn't have been losing to the likes of Spurs (VAR or no VAR) a couple of seasons back.
100% that Lyon second goal would have been chalked off for us.

BENT AS feck.
Get big Sam in... "Pep Out" brigade..... "DO ONE"
I mean, they didnt boss us... Its just we didnt boss them. To change the formation made no sense at all. Sterling scores and I think UEFa fecks us somehow anyway...
David Silva deserves more than that. He deserves a champions league winners medal. Pep doesn’t back himself and doesn’t back his players to outplay opposition in Europe.
If he cannot back himself or his players then where do we go from here?

Pep will never win the champions league because he doesn’t dare to. I’m so devastated. This is one of my lowest moments supporting this club, and that includes when we were in Division2, because we are the best footballing team in Europe but we’re hamstrung by our gutless prick of a manager.
All I want is for someone pundit or fecking hack to ask pep would he have changed Barca’s or Munich‘s formation when manager against an inferior team that’s all I want at the moment...
feck off, feck off, feck off,

Yes, Pep got it wrong, yes Sterling should have scored .....but that happens in football and are a moment in time and mistakes happen that I can accept.

But VAR. feck off.
We have been pissing around all season.

fern should never play at the back put him in midfield. However his time is now up.

put walker central if need be & if he doesn’t trust stones.

play foden / Bernie instead of gundy he’s too slow with Rodri. I’m 50/50 on Rodri too.

put raz central & Jesus out wide.

I’m sorry I’m no manager but what I have seen this season the above is obvious & was before Xmas to me.

awful season & pep holds a lot of the responsibility
fecking embarrassing the lot of them, how did he miss from 5 fecking yards oh my word thats poor

Flat footed in midfield to fecking slow at the back & Dino & Rodri was a big mistake

Manager blew it big time but our defending & misses were once again the winner

What an awfull season the League Cup & we nearly blew that fecker as well at the end

Now for a week of total utter bollocks from everyone

Laporte & Edderson were wank, feel for Sterling right now that miss was Sunday League stuff
Let’s not forget we were cheated yet again for their 2nd.
We were well in control and we’re going for the winner,
We bossed that 2nd half until that shit VAR cnuts decision the dirty bastards!
I said a long time ago, we are good enough to win it but we won’t be let win it!

Rodgerzzz

Must say, I'm disappointed in the lack of conspiratorial anti-UEFA quotes so far. I was expecting the CAS verdict to somehow have been tied in to UEFA getting their own back in this match with 'blantantly bias refereeing'.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Their subreddit even had an "Ederson is underrated" post hours before the match. :lol:

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
Covid for VAR
Messi would've won that for us
Can we appeal to have the ban reinstated?
Thank feck for alcohol
I think Pep will go this summer. Just a feeling.
Usual Shit from pep
Sign the doughnut thief from the rags at least he does stop a few goals.
He keeps saying year in year out we are not ready.
When exactly will we be ready?
Weve been in it 10 years now.
Pochettino got to the final. He’s demolish this competition with this team. Just saying.
Laporte is slow as feck. Rebuild needed
look at the positives.. Bayern Munich don’t humiliate us and we get an extra weeks rest before the season starts
fecking wonderful

Irrational.

Pivotal moment in our club's history this.

We've spent 10 years building everything towards winning on the world's biggest stage. Hiring Soriano, and Txiki and finally Pep, and still it's not worked.

But worse, we are not progressing. If it was like first we got knocked out in group stages and then got to the knockouts and then quarters and semis and finals? Well that might be ok.

But we aren't. Who can say we are more likely to win it next season? More than likely we'll be out in the first knock out stage again. Square root of feck all chance of getting to the final let alone winning it.

I'm sorry but Pep is a busted flush now. He's consistently demonstrated he's a genius manager who can do incredible things, but at the same time does not have what it takes to out-smart his opponents in key knockout games. He cannot do it anymore.

I very much doubt we'll offer him a contract extension.
Can we appeal to have the ban reinstated?
I’m actually furious here.

Pep’s little love affair with Garcia has helped knock us out of two cups now. He should not be starting.
Gundogan hides. He’s a poor mans Nasri.
Rodri has shown us nothing yet.
Everyone knows the pair don’t work against a team sat in. We have sports analysts coming out of our arses. What the hell are they doing selecting them?

Fernandinho and David, it’s time to go. We love you. But now is the time. At least one of you realize this.
I’d of said nothing about taking a few precautions but pep completely castrated us as an attacking force. He might lose the dressing room because of this complete over coaching job. Turns out The change of style and formation made no difference because we still got done by balls over the top
Thank feck for alcohol
Hmmm...
1) Golden Gloves keeper has mare
2) Top scorer misses sitter
(not even shocked by either of them anymore)
3) VAR misses ball through the legs of the offside player
3A) Ref about to blow for foul but allows play to continue, they score, then VAR decides NOT to “overturn” refs call...and ref CHOOSES not to look at video monitor!

UEFA GOT WHAT THEY WANTED. The end.

City need to stop talking about Champions League as if it’s the be all and end all. Premier League, Premier League, Premier League!!!
Looks like CAS overturning the ban didn’t actually make any difference. No idea why the cartel even bothered...
I hope De Bruyne gives Pep a piece of his mind after tonight watching his interview- someone needs to. This is Cityitis at it’s worst.
Oh, and the officiating biased of course.
Pep is not going to help us win CL. He out thinks himself every fecking time. In fact I'd be one of those who will say thanks Pep and take Stirling with you. Let's bring in Nuno Santos.
Not shocked....just angry.....why the feck he played Ferny(who has dropped alarmingly in the last few months) against a team who DON'T press, and Kyle Walker , who is just a bottle merchant(let's have it right)......I am so fecking angry....no Silvas....no Foden.......no fecking chance. He (Pep) May as just waved a white fecking flag.....no Cojones.....I am so fecking angry, I wanna smash the house up....pathetic.....makes my blood boil.....ahhhhhh.
fecking gash all game but ffs stop moaning about offside for goal. go and read rule book. we might not like it but if he does not touch he ball he is not offside. yeah probably foul when legs got tangled up but no offside at all even if the rule maybe needs changing
There second goal should never have stood . Clear corruption
fecking hate the competition, literally feel feck all for it so I'm genuinely not arsed.

Typical City tonight with weird selections, shit finishing, VAR and mistakes but make no mistake, no fecker is beating Bayern.
Hahahahaha off topic but that advanced hair studio advert with Shane warne and the thick Yorkie is hilarious. How much makeup are those queens wearing?
I wonder if anyone actually stands up to him and say's 'Pep are you mad?' I'm sure Arteta did, and I bet Kompany did on behalf of the players, but now?
in a way you all knew like me we was going to get done over after the win at CAS ? its simple cheating and VAR can not see the foul or the offside because the play moves towards the ball and dummy the ball its offside

but like many european football can feck off and am never going or watching another champions league game
you can never beat a system and 4 match officials
Putting all the team/tactics stuff to one side (but not minimising their importance and relevance), I reckon that's the worst of all the VAR decisions we've had in Europe. Everything about it stinks. I've never quite bought into the idea that there's an orchestrated plan around those decisions, but it's increasingly hard to find anything to counter that argument.
Get big Sam in for the knockout stages
Oh there’s absolutely no doubt, 100% certain, that UEFA fecked us over tonight with the help of their puppet officials on the pitch and in the VAR bunker. They got their revenge that they were always gonna get at some point

But if Pep and the players had not fecked up so badly they wouldn’t have had the opportunity to get their revenge

Tbh I’m angry but not distraught as I’m certain the German rags would have swatted us aside with ease and when we do win it... and one day we will win it.. I want to be there to see it
Wonder why they refer to Bayern as 'the German rags'...

Raw

Their subreddit even had an "Ederson is underrated" post hours before the match. :lol:

Christ I went on their post match thread and saw this abomination

I'm a United fan (cue the downvotes) but I've always liked Pep so I take a keen interest in City games.

Honestly, I really wanted you guys to win the CL this year because Pep has a lot of haters, and I used to argue for him before he arrived at City - so bit gutted at this result.

Pep's tactics in this game were clearly incorrect - part of me thinks he was trying out a new system in anticipation of playing Bayern - but until Fernandinho came off for Mahrez, you looked dire. Mahrez should play more for you.

However, each important incident against in the game was the result of a mistake

- First goal was Walker playing the attacker onside and then not tracking the second runner who ended up scoring. Garcia made an amazing tackle which will be forgotten.

- Sterling's miss is an obvious candidate and personally I dont think he has the mentality of a top player - he's too hot or cold. However, Jesus's miss was another one that a top striker would put away.

- Their second goal was a foul in build up, no doubt about it. Terrible decision.

- Their third goal was Ederson's feck up.

If some of these mistakes didn't then you would have won - perhaps in spite of Pep's tactics. I think you either need to find a way to cultivate that killer instinct that allows players to be reliable in these decisive moments, or recruit players who already have it.

A player like Sterling, I fear, could have difficulty getting rid of the demons that manifested today.
See a lot of stuff like this on Reddit and its proper weird

Superunknown

Christ I went on their post match thread and saw this abomination

See a lot of stuff like this on Reddit and its proper weird
Imagine spending all of your life on Reddit and having to live with that horrific format. It's hideous. It's always a pain in the arse to read.

Irrational.

Correct, Millwall.......and we play Ferny.....who turns slower than the Queen Mary.....FFS.....and Kyle Walker who is a well known Bottler...who reverts to hoofing it......absolute fecking joke.
I think Pep will stay though....and this is his "get your hands in your pocket" sign to the owners.....we need good, speedy defenders........like Denayer, why the feck we let him go is beyond me......Imagine him being tought by Vinnie, whilst he was still with us. Remember him, when he was 19 at City...he was a raw beast then.
As bad as we were the diving and playacting of Lyon was disgusting, aided and abetted by a weak ref and Stevie Wonder on VAR duties. I hope Bayern's Panzer division rumble through their defence at will & get double figures.
At least Denayer will play a CL semi final. He would never had that opportunity with City.
We started a knockout Champions League game with Mahrez,Bernado,Foden on the bench.

I am still in disbelief.

Going for the Slug and Tortoise partnership which has served us so well..........................
I'm done till next season, adios.
I posted when we went through against Madrid that Lyon have the perfect set-up to take us to the cleaners and they did just that tonight. Disgusting VAR decision but you know that's coming, what is it now 4-5 years on the trot.
Again, I've been told I just want "shiny new toys" since the start of this season I've complained about the balance of the squad. "Look what we achieved last season".
Bravo reactions have gone
Nico reactions have gone, too slow, too rash.
Stones injuries and confidence issues
Ferna lost a yard, played out of position
Cancelo whats the point? Another player to fill left back awkwardly.
Garcia why develop him for barca
Zinchenko lovely lad, not a lb, not better than Foden, kdb, d.silva, b.silva.
Mendy hopefully next season hes back to it.
Gundogan doesn't suit our play, not a cdm.
Mahrez slows us down, brief glimpses of brilliance but goes missing way too much.

Add to that David, ferna and kun either leaving or 1 season left.

Sell what we can,
let Steffan challenge eddie
Let couto challenge walker
Koulibaly tosin thb
Laporte ake
Mendy (new lb)
Rodri Douglas Luiz
Kdb foden
B.silva aouer
Sterling braaf
Torres M. Thuram
Jesus kun (isak/haaland)

Today was crazy, trying 352/361 in a 1 leg knockout game when not used to it. Leon have a mobile, youthful midfield and we play garcia, ferna, rodri, gundogan and shunt kev out on the wing.

We need 2 solid transfer windows and re balance this squad and develop a plan b.
I said they fecked us over,,they showed and discussed the ref going to blow,walton said it was a foul,how much exp!a nation do you neec,they also said to pep that va r has got us again,pep declined to comment
So you're saying BT were implying UEFA feckd us over? No chance of that
I got that impression. Even camel gob talked about conspiracy theories
The way we are left in the dark and UEFA instruct the director of the live TV broadcast not to show any replays until after the decision is bent as feck.

So to the ref putting his whistle in his mouth. He obviously thinks a foul may have occurred and thought about blowing. Does he not have the power to go over the monitor and ask to see various replays regardless of what the VAR assistant says. Pep should have made a big song and dance about the foul and slowed the game by making subs there and then.
FIFA

OFFSIDE LAW 11

• making an obvious action which clearly impacts on the ability of an opponent to play the ball

Or, you can just look at the clip by Dembele. Pick your poison, but even in a Sunday a League game, that’s coming back.

Referee on the field bottles it, thinking VAR will catch his fall. VAR Official has 1 Europa Lge game under his belt and HE is going overrule the Ref? GMAFB!!.... BTW, that’s not me talking, thats Roberto Martinez slagging VAR!

Even Carragher says the only thing you can say about VAR is that it is consistent... consistently poor!

Irrational.

Which one of you is this? :lol:

Got my thirteen year old upstairs in tears and my 19 year old out on the piss with his angry head on. Sometimes I wish we were like my 15 year old who doesn’t give a shit.

Stand tall fellow blues. Take the shit , don’t start blaming, we’re all in this together. We all want to win but when it doesn’t go our way we group up and stay stronger as one

Irrational.

On nights like this I always think back to the Frank Clarke, Steve Coppell days and things don't seem so bad. Already dreaming of a domestic treble next season. Bring it on. CTID
Everything went wrong.
1. Tactics and selection for first 60 mins - Peps choice.
2. Individuals mistakes. Sterling miss and Ederson fumbles. Players choice.
3. VAR corruption. UEFA choice. Was always likely given the chance. Points 1 and 2 above gave the chance.

Ultimately though City not good enough to win champs leAgue. Disappointed to lose to Lyon, but City are not as good as Bayern.
The simple fecking question is what will change in the next season. Pep's entire mental faculty and inferior complexity about Champions league. He did got fecked by Real when he was in Bayern and if I am not wrong Bayern is part of the cartel and referees and UEFA love them. Still no CL trophy for them. An ex-assistant manager of Joachim Low is going to get a CL for Bayern.
Don't think I have been this angry since Nasri dodged Van Persies freekick.

Im absolutely livid. Sell everyone
Codshite. I was desperately hoping for var to intervene on that as it looked an iffy goal and Walton was getting me giddy. But upon seeing the replay, it was nothing. Certainly not enough to disallow a goal
Wtf does this even mean? Major refereeing errors matter. Things don’t happen in isolation. This is 3 years in a row that a ref/VAR totally fecked it

who fecking cares how much he touched him? It’s a trip. It doesn’t take much to trip someone who’s running. Tell me you believe if that was Jesus on Denayer that would have stood?
Did we really expect anything else ? Pep's tactics for 60 minutes were diabolical , the referee got the chance to stitch us up and took it , ultimately Pep's fault , i dont blame any of the players , they played to his plan
If we had played our normal offensive game and team selection it would have been over by half time , because Lyon are absolute dog shite , the Sterling miss , refs decision and Ederson's clanger wouldnt have mattered if Pep had shown some balls.
For those saying Pep out they need to give their heads a wobble, have a good go on some smelling salts and get a good night's sleep......be careful what you wish for
Didn’t think I would say this but I don’t think we should be giving Pep another contract. He knew Fernandinho Vinny David Silva and Aguero were coming to the end and had the cash to replace them. The first few months of the season teams like Norwich and Wolves exposed our weaknesses and here we are months later still struggling against teams that won’t roll over and let us play. I don’t think we have won a single game this season when we have conceded first ? Don’t think we lack fight or spirit but Peps whole philosophy seems to be based on the opposition just collapsing and when they don’t we are fecked. Fernandinho absolute legend for the club but at 35 he should be just coming on in last 20 minutes to keep control of a game - not starting at CH or in a back 3 like tonight against pace - this isn’t tactical genius - just common sense - and if Pep can’t even apply common sense then thanks for the memories and move aside for someone who can take us forward.