Bluemoon goes into Meltdown

Speedy30

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
Not saying you lying but I've been to at least 30 matches and all the bars before and after games and I've never heard Hillsborough chants. Maybe I'm just deaf but it's something you never hear or see unless online.
To be honest, I'd never heard the Munich chants either at Anfield from the idiots on our side when we've played you, I only heard them at OT.
Definitely not making it up about the '96 was not enough' chants and honestly, it was vile from both sides.

Last edited:

Mart1974

harbours delusions of insignificance
To be honest, I'd never heard the Munich chants either at Anfield from the idiots on our side when we've played you, I only heard them at OT.
Definitely not making it up about the '96 was not enough' chants and honestly, it was vile from both sides.
Cool story bro.

Tarrou

are City and Liverpool fans the only ones up with little random offensive names for players, like McTomiknob?

I can't remember anyone here doing it for them or any other teams, but on their forums it seems to be the norm

edit: Just remembered we had Stevie Me actually, there's probably loads :lol:

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
are City and Liverpool fans the only ones up with little random offensive names for players, like McTomiknob?

I can't remember anyone here doing it for them or any other teams, but on their forums it seems to be the norm

Stevie Me writes itself :lol:

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
I'm surprised, and disgusted by that. I live around and work with many Pool fans as well as being a long time member of two LFC forums. Yes, of course this is in the fans hot bed of London :). This is the first time I have ever heard of Utd fans being referred to as Munichs. Manure, cnuts, rats, etc, sure but never Munichs.

Whereas we can hear Victims (referring to Hillsborough) every two minutes, even on here, by all clubs' fans. I guess there will always be a group of cnuts associated with every club.
Grow the feck up.

Mart1974

I'm surprised, and disgusted by that. I live around and work with many Pool fans as well as being a long time member of two LFC forums. Yes, of course this is in the fans hot bed of London :). This is the first time I have ever heard of Utd fans being referred to as Munichs. Manure, cnuts, rats, etc, sure but never Munichs.

Whereas we can hear Victims (referring to Hillsborough) every two minutes, even on here, by all clubs' fans. I guess there will always be a group of cnuts associated with every club.
I generally hear this kind of rubbish from Liverpool fans trying to justify their Munich based bile.

jymufc20

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20

Doesn't the term (always the victims) refer to stuff like your manager said the other day regarding the penalties.

Mart1974

A well rounded, articulate response from a person that I can only imagine has an IQ comparable to a gnat. Keep posting little buddy, you're doing a great job
Quality response. I have certainly been put in my place. Are you a professional writer or just a gifted amateur?

Speedy30

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
Quality response. I have certainly been put in my place. Are you a professional writer or just a gifted amateur?
Someone that can't write a more intelligent post than "cool story bro" trying to be clever. How cute

Mart1974

Someone that can't write a more intelligent post than "cool story bro" trying to be clever. How cute
I can write a more intelligent post. I chose not to, out of pure disrespect to your bullshit post.

rotherham_red

Doesn't the term (always the victims) refer to stuff like your manager said the other day regarding the penalties.
It's referring to Heysel, which is still very distasteful but certainly nothing like the victim blaming that Liverpool fans think it was when they refer it to Hillsborough.

Years ago, I'd have sung always the victims loud and proud, because the sense of injustice that Juve fans, as well as the likes of Everton who were denied the chance to play in Europe as a result of the ban would have been palpable. But now, after growing up and maturing, I wouldn't. Because using the deaths of people as a point scoring exercise or to abuse someone else is just downright weird.

Speedy30

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
I can write a more intelligent post. I chose not to, out of pure disrespect to your bullshit post.
So you were there in the exact same place and time as me then? People like you are the problem. You stick your head in the sand, pretend it never happens and say that everything to do with your fanbase is all lovely. I can tell you it's not. Every fanbase (yes that includes yours) has absolute bellends in it. Just because you didn't hear that chanting yourself doesn't mean it didn't happen. I'd never heard Munich chanting before but I did that day and I was just as disgusted by it!

Turnip

likes to be spanked with games consoles

I love McTerminator, but I have to admit McTomiknob made me chuckle. It's shit as far as nicknames go, they've just stuck a swear word that doesn't fit at all, but i'd give it a 7/10 for the chuckle factor even if I'm not sure why.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
I love McTerminator, but I have to admit McTomiknob made me chuckle. It's shit as far as nicknames go, they've just stuck a swear word that doesn't fit at all, but i'd give it a 7/10 for the chuckle factor even if I'm not sure why.
I'd say it fits pretty well. They've swapped one syllable starting with "n" with one syllable starting with an "n" sound, Turknob.

Mart1974

So you were there in the exact same place and time as me then? People like you are the problem. You stick your head in the sand, pretend it never happens and say that everything to do with your fanbase is all lovely. I can tell you it's not. Every fanbase (yes that includes yours) has absolute bellends in it. Just because you didn't hear that chanting yourself doesn't mean it didn't happen. I'd never heard Munich chanting before but I did that day and I was just as disgusted by it!
I wasn't in the exact place as you. As a season ticket holder and someone who has been to OT hundreds of times I can honestly say I have never heard that chant in or around the ground. I have heard others, I have just had to Google that one though.

Denis' cuff

You clearly never went to Liverpool v United games pre-Hillsboro. A lot of the name calling stopped after that. You wouldn’t hear it from London, anyway, but they were as bad as Leeds fans.

Speedy30

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
I wasn't in the exact place as you. As a season ticket holder and someone who has been to OT hundreds of times I can honestly say I have never heard that chant in or around the ground. I have heard others, I have just had to Google that one though.
Fair enough. I go to Anfield a hell of a lot and like you, I can also say that I'd never heard the Munich chants before that day. I didn't hear the '96 was not enough chants in the ground so I'm not saying it happened there but it was sang loudly (and quite proudly) by those on the tram that day.

tomaldinho1

In fairness someone told me they had nicknamed Shaqiri 'the cube' which is a 10/10 nickname. McTomiknob is funny in that's it's deliberately shit. I love a bad footy pun.

A good one from years back was 'Ngog we trust'

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
In fairness someone told me they had nicknamed Shaqiri 'the cube' which is a 10/10 nickname. McTomiknob is funny in that's it's deliberately shit. I love a bad footy pun.

That’s a good one

I’m trying to think of one for KUN Aguero but I’m struggling

K Stand Knut

Not saying you lying but I've been to at least 30 matches and all the bars before and after games and I've never heard Hillsborough chants. Maybe I'm just deaf but it's something you never hear or see unless online.
For what its worth , I think you’re deaf.

Certainly not as prevalent as it used to be but it happens,

Redcy

Yeah Munich was common back in the day, especially away. Frankly it still is heard at times, less so than back then though, and from what I know not so much at Anfield. Leeds, Liverpool, City and West Ham for some reason spring to mind.

rotherham_red

Them calling Pogba Carlton Pogba when he first joined made me chuckle.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Yeah Munich was common back in the day, especially away. Frankly it still is heard at times, less so than back then though, and from what I know not so much at Anfield. Leeds, Liverpool, City and West Ham for some reason spring to mind.
Anfield tended to stop post Hillsboro. City carried on for ages. Leeds just hate us and even started cheering on the day Busby died. West Ham are notorious for chants everywhere (bastards) Arsenal just big mouths

Redcy

Hillsborough chants always disgusted me, especially as on that day I was at home, and remember it well. I have had heard them but not recently in grounds, if it is it must be in small sections in small numbers. I am not saying it doesn't happen.

The munich chants were fairly common, once upon a time I would do the city home games when they were in the lower divisions, when united were away, and i had no money so my mates paid for me to go. You'd get it from the crowd even with united not there. Airplane arms the lot.

Mart1974

Fair enough. I go to Anfield a hell of a lot and like you, I can also say that I'd never heard the Munich chants before that day. I didn't hear the '96 was not enough chants in the ground so I'm not saying it happened there but it was sang loudly (and quite proudly) by those on the tram that day.
Fair enough. My Google turned up an old subreddit of horrendous chants. I must admit a dark chuckle at some but I don't think they should be sung!

Fluctuation0161

I known of a few City fans who bring up Hillsborough. I always correct them. I mean it was obvious from the start football fans were being stitched up by the government and media. The relatively recent ruling has confirmed that. Fans should stand together on this.

rotherham_red

Hillsborough chants always disgusted me, especially as on that day I was at home, and remember it well. I have had heard them but not recently in grounds, if it is it must be in small sections in small numbers. I am not saying it doesn't happen.

The munich chants were fairly common, once upon a time I would do the city home games when they were in the lower divisions, when united were away, and i had no money so my mates paid for me to go. You'd get it from the crowd even with united not there. Airplane arms the lot.
The airplane arms still come out en masse at the Etihad, from the two times I've been there, most memorably of which was the 2-3 Pogba match... What a game that was!

Speedy30

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
Fair enough. My Google turned up an old subreddit of horrendous chants. I must admit a dark chuckle at some but I don't think they should be sung!
There's some very dark chants which are funny and I'll admit I've laughed at a few. Having a bit of gallows humour sometimes is never a bad thing. The Munich, Hillsborough and Heysel chants should never see the light of day though as I'm sure you agree. The quicker those chants stop, the better.

Last edited:

Oldyella

The cube is a great one! Love it.

Anfield tended to stop post Hillsboro. City carried on for ages. Leeds just hate us and even started cheering on the day Busby died. West Ham are notorious for chants everywhere (bastards) Arsenal just big mouths
I know we have beaten them already and people like derby games, but I cant believe anyone wanted them pricks from Leeds back up. Gladly have seen them sunk away never to return.

TheLittleOne

It's actually not true. He already had the nickname "cube" or "magic cube" when he was playing for basel. Not sure if Basel fans called him that as well but definitely when he was playing for the national team.