Bluemoon goes into Meltdown

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Long way to go but it looks like Haaland has caused a regression whereby they rely on him to score and the team has suffered as a result. Pep will most likely adjust for the 2nd half of the season though and go on a run.

M Bison

Supports
York City
The main criticism seems to be Grealish and Mahrez and it does seem odd that Foden has been benched in the last 2 games. City still favourites for me, long way to go yet.

RedDevilRoshi

Long way to go but it looks like Haaland has caused a regression whereby they rely on him to score and the team has suffered as a result. Pep will most likely adjust for the 2nd half of the season though and go on a run.
Has Alvarez had much of an opportunity yet over there? Thought he looked really good at the World Cup.

justsomebloke

That's just lazy. Haaland scores, City loses= Haaland causes problems? Come on. It's not like other players haven't put them away too.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
That's just lazy. Haaland scores, City loses= Haaland causes problems? Come on. It's not like other players haven't put them away too.
It’s actually a pretty accurate observation. Ronaldo scored goals for us but was clearly an issue. I guarantee you Pep will adjust the system and they will improve.

justsomebloke

It’s actually a pretty accurate observation. Ronaldo scored goals for us but was clearly an issue. I guarantee you Pep will adjust the system and they will improve.
Wow, that's even lazier. "Ronaldo scored goals but was a problem, Haaland scores goals and therefore is also a problem"? Also, you are making a claim that something (Haaland) is causing something else (City losing). That is not an "observation".

If you want that idea taken seriously, you're going to have to come up with some plausible causal link that amounts to something more than a weak platitude.

Rameses

Agree. This happened to us with Ronaldo. With de Bryune playing the role of Fernandes in 2021-22.

After 16 matches last year, City had 38 points, 33 goals for, 9 against. This year they have 36 points but 44-16

justsomebloke

Agree. This happened to us with Ronaldo. With de Bryune playing the role of Fernandes in 2021-22.

After 16 matches last year, City had 38 points, 33 goals for, 9 against. This year they have 36 points but 44-16
Yeah, because we totally also had a two-point dropoff after 16 games last season. And anyway it's always the case that if something makes you think of something else, the two are always automatically exactly the same thing. That's lojic, that is.

GoonerGirly

Supports
Arsenal
Really not much of a difference overall. Points wise practically the same and they have a better goal difference this season by 4. They were top by 1 point ahead of Pool this time last season.
The difference this season is Arsenal have been decidedly better so far, and have raised the bar so to speak. Of course whether we can sustain this is a whole other story. But IMO it's a case of Arsenal's huge improvement rather than any noticeable drop off from City.

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
Like playing snooker with a piece of rope, dreadful
You summed up my sex life there, mate.
The football is boring. It's as boring as me typing it's boring when we've won 4 out of 5 premier league's but it is boring. We're boring to watch. It's boring.
Prior to this weekend's derby, Pep and our lads have provided a great boost in morale and confidence...

...to the rags.

Well done, Pep. Well done, lads.
How about we try picking players in their actual position rather than trying 'ridiculous' ideas and formations?
Yep, I dread to think what bright mad idea he's got up his sleeve for Saturday. A great manager but he's cost us in games with his hare brained tactical plans, not least in the champions League final.
Out worked again.
A Pep team out worked!
All season long we’ve been lazy.
Something has to change cos we’re plodding through this season.
Players need to have it out with each other, Pep needs to call them out, something needs to change cos this is fecking appalling.
It’s not the lack of quality that’s annoying, it’s the lack of effort.
No energy.
No movement.
No press.
The absolute core of any Pep team.
Angry doesn’t quite cover it..
Something wrong behind the scene’s
Said something similar the other week and got slated . Some serious issues in that squad . We’ve not turned up this season for a good ninety percent of it , thankfully it was the least important competition today . Honestly can’t see us winning anything unless the attitude changes
does not bode well for Sunday sorry to say
No but he rested players. Oh wait
Poor recent recruitment is catching up with us. 150m for Grealish, Phillips and Gomez is a complete waste.
pretty sickening when you put it like that!
I couldn't care less - two extra games against the rags or Newcastle City could really do without
When the Southampton fans are singing... Guardiola your tactics are sh*t.

That says it all.
I thought it was unusual a couple of weeks ago when Pep said he would walk if he felt he wasn’t getting through to the players anymore.

Maybe be saw the early warning signs of that happening
Billion pound squad reduced to Kev dropping deep to get on the ball and spamming crosses.

Joke
Teams have worked out how to stop us utilising the overlap/underlap on the wing.
We don’t seem to have any other plan to score so just needlessly recycle the ball hoping for a mistake
What's the betting Pep post match "we played so so good , I'm so happy more than you believe "
Ah, sod it. Beat the rags.
That's in doubt now
Worried foden has become a bit too big for his boots. Just doesn’t seem to have the same hunger he once had
embarrassing
Gutted I am, because we didn't seem to give a shit
Entitlement and arrogance, happening more and more. Can’t happen on Saturday
We’ve regressed badly this season, if you took Haaland’s goals out of the team we’d be struggling for top 4
no wonder why pep has dropped foden for last 7 games…. mr big head!!!! living on hat trick against rags….
And why is every player now taking 7 8 9 touches before passing it (backwards)
attitude problems

This could be part of the ridiculous plan the rags must be confused because I am.

No Idea For Nickname

Pep is getting bored I think
Think we all are players included, some of the performances this season could cure insomnia
He picked a team for Saturday tonight

those fans who went deserve a refund

domestic cups are not Peps priority
Pep looked as disinterested as the players tonight
His genius/mad axis is definitely shifting

Hopefully that will get Tent Peg a bit giddy and go for it Sat.

In which case we smash the rag cnuts, then all will be good with the world eh.

Up the fecking Blues.
Tent Peg? Is that...

No Idea For Nickname

At least we are involved in the semi final….draw by ex City players…
And the rags get Forest. feck off…. Blatant
Blatant what? It means they’re likely to face hungry, newly owned Newcastle in the final.
Blatant what? Fixed draw made by two City employees?
At least Newcastle will beat them in the final
Soton v Forest final.
2 tough games against the barcodes avoided, then a final against them raggy tossers.

Happy days, great planning Pep.

Now win the fecking league boys.
Handed the trophy to United in the process as well.
Newcastle will win this cup
Saint's had a free hit under ZERO pressure, and were on it from the first to the last whistle. And don't for one second underestimate their home advantage for an evening kick off; that would have been a completely different game at the Etihad.
Of course. That home advantage they've used all season
Have they had an evening kick off at home this season? It clearly affected us.
They were under ZERO pressure.
On a positive at least we don’t have to play Newcastle over two legs and have a free week before the Arsenal cup game.
I'm glad we are out of it and don't have to play two additional massive games at a crucial part of the season
Need to grab our collective bollocks on Saturday, send out a statement. Pep has to know who he can trust and who he can't now
Let’s be honest, this season we have been dire to watch far more often than we’ve been good to watch. There are some big issues in the squad. If we stay in the title race then it’s because Arsenal will have managed to implode somehow. We’re not good enough.
Let’s hope we can do what The Scum used to do sometimes in the noughties. Win the Premier League off memory even though they were shit.

No Idea For Nickname

Pep.s cunning plan ! We dont need another 3 games ! Ha ha
That game was like pep saying I don’t want a two legged semi final in January
Then he should have said it weeks ago and we bowed out then
We were shit saints worked hard that’s all. Sky going on like they were amazing. We would of beaten ourselves tonight
And Dean Henderson can't play against the rags. Lolol
Seems like we just need a refresh. Jude will help if he comes in the summer, but we might need a few more
Red and Black top on Saturday it is then
After tonight, wouldn’t surprise me.
Wow... this tested my patience and my love for City. I wanted to kick the shit out of my man cave and burn all my memorabilia tonight at times. I think I need anger management after this one.
Oh, the drama in the man cave :houllier:

No Idea For Nickname

Cancelo - Shite
Walker - Shite
Gomez - Shite
Phillips - Shiter
KDB - Shite
Foden - Shite Again...
Grealush - ever Shite
Palmer - young shite
Gonedoggin - old shite
We haven't dipped in form, we were never in form we play well for one to two games then the level drops considerably if it wasn't for Haaland being absolutely ridiculous we'd be in a different position in the table.
But... We DO have Haaland!
You could extrapolate that argument to the Dippers and Salad!!
What an upside down way of looking at things!
and second in the league.
What does that say about all the other teams??
They are shite. We lose on Saturday and we are point ahead of that shite and they lost 4-0 to fecking Brentford. But I suppose losing to Brentford is what shite teams do
Jesus! We are doing great?! We are fortunate to be 2nd and if we don’t improve we won’t be 2nd for long.
we're adjusting to a new striker, in which we have to redress our usual playing style and we're second!

What's all the doom about??
Surprise Surprise the shit and Newcastle not drawnt against each other
The World cup for whatever reason seems to have badly affected us but hopefully that display tonight is a big wake up call for everyone.
The Everton game should have been the wake up call.
Gundy doesn’t even seem arsed talking about it. Finds it funny. Nice
feck me. Do you want him to cry?
the funny thing about football is, come may we are 3.0 up in the Champions League final in the last min of injury time who remembers losing to Southampton in the league cup
Ffs Gundy bigging Utd up wtf is going on at city
Fook me pep even looks beaten. He could of said we will be ready for Utd not we will try

laughtersassassin

Not really true as They are much worse without him.

They've lost other important players to injury and stuff. Not really surprised they are worse right now

Wheato

They look like a team in regression, not because of Haaland, but because they are getting older, and currently struggling to play 3 competitive games in a week without picking up injuries to key players, and the squad players coming in are not quite at the same standard to keep it all ticking over. De Bruyne doesn't get a rest because they need his creativity, and tonight he was chasing shadows and looking old and fat.

They will be back to a normal formation on Saturday, but I can see Rashford getting at that back 4. Ake made Walker Peters look like Ronaldinho tonight. Stick Casemiro on De Bruyne, Shaw on Mahrez, Dalot on Foden and cut off the supply to Haaland. He can't do it on his own.