Bluemoon goes into Meltdown

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
Any idea what happened to their Grealish performance thread for the current season? Can't seem to find it anywhere it's like they've nuked it.

Oranges038

They look like a team in regression, not because of Haaland, but because they are getting older, and currently struggling to play 3 competitive games in a week without picking up injuries to key players, and the squad players coming in are not quite at the same standard to keep it all ticking over. De Bruyne doesn't get a rest because they need his creativity, and tonight he was chasing shadows and looking old and fat.

They will be back to a normal formation on Saturday, but I can see Rashford getting at that back 4. Ake made Walker Peters look like Ronaldinho tonight. Stick Casemiro on De Bruyne, Shaw on Mahrez, Dalot on Foden and cut off the supply to Haaland. He can't do it on his own.
You are probably right.

Watching it last night, Walker looks jaded, as does Gundogan. KDB looks tired. Ake just isn't good enough and several others just looked like they weren't that arsed at aĺl.

Expect about 400m to be spent in the summer. Mostly on full backs.

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
United (A) - Sat 14th Jan, 12:30 | Pre-Match Thread

Shot on target please?
feck knows what’s gonna happen this game. Think I’m more nervous for the line up
Feel sick at the thought of this game now lolol
7-2 Rags
Bet of the season
Pep will spring another surprise on us and United with the team formation.

He will play his strongest team, the right players in the right positions, and no inverted full backs.

If only!
Pep will play some weird line up and Rashford will pump us on the break.

Feel sick that the dirty bastards are gonna pump us
Momentum & energy with Utd.

We are slow & unfit right now with players looking confused with positions.

Sadly first derby in a long time I don’t see us winning. Our performances very poor this season.

Utd if clever just need to hit us on the break although I think they will outrun us in midfield too
dread to think.
They better fecking try at least.
Can’t believe I’m saying that about a Pep team
Their players will fancy it, their fans will fancy it, the stadium will be bouncing, it will be like Anfield earlier this season, add to that our players look out of form and low on confidence and I’m not looking forward to this at all
No stupid tactics Pep, you cannot play so many out of position and just expect it to work.
I think we needed this slap in the face to play the next game.

People keep assuming we'll batter United.. it won't be easy!

I hope this Southampton game is a boon in disguise going forward
We will be fine.Not worried.
We'll beat this bunch. Forget tonight.

6-1
Well tonights game has made me optimistic , we have just got our worst performance of the season out of the way and have given the Rags false promise , it will be a cruise on Saturday , Spuds will beat the Goons and all will be well.
Now where is that 2nd bottle of Hennessy :)
Pep giving United a huge Southampton sized false sense of security and then absolutely destroying them could be his finest work
We're going to get tanked.
Why ?
Pep started second string with gomez , palmer and philips. What are the odds those will start against rags? Also walker will not play cb and mahrez and bernie fresh legs .
Totally different game Saturday. Strongest 11 no doubt. I would take a draw though if Arse don’t win
Getting beat tonight could be part of peps derby master plan.
Practice fecking shooting!
Keep an eye on Rashford between 85-95mins the tw@t
Job done!
Rags will be watching tonight and have their backs up even more. They’re in form and, like it or not, playing the type of football that’s our kryptonite with quick transitions and passing.

Heres hoping we step up like we usually do in big games.
Big reaction needed tomorrow in training. Pep needs to stop Pepping and just pick the side that will beat these newly-cocky cnuts.

No fecking about. One up in ten minutes, silence that shithole stadium and go on to win.

We’re owed that after tonight’s embarrassment
Let's move on from tonight. Get to Old Trafford early Saturday . A couple of snifters in the Quadrant at 10.30am. Then a 3-0 win and a drinking spree all afternoon in Chorlton. Last time dancing on the tables in the Trevor Arms. Happy days.
We're champions of England AGAIN.
we won't be that bad again for a long time. The city is BLUE and will be on Saturday Keep the faith. CTID
Well said. Saturday will be brilliant again. We have owned this city for the past ten years.
I didn’t know they played in the same city as us?
First derby for a long time where we will have a serious test, huge game for both teams.
For the first time since the pisscan they have a competent coach that the players are playing for him.
I agree,he looks like he knows what he is doing.
Seems to have quickly figured his best players/system.
Lucky for them, some coaches need a lot time to find their best team.
For the first time in a long time they have a realistic chance before the game of beating us.
Our form and the way we are playing for the majority of the season just isn't good. Haaland goals have masked the down turn in performance levels.
Rags 1
Blues 4. Haaland brace, Rodri and Grealish.

Have that you red cnuts, and back into your box you go.
Dunno why but im pretty calm about this one
I think Ten Hag and the way he wants United to play will play into our hands again.
We are the first decent team they’ve come up against in a good while.
I fancy us to put about 3 past them
Crunch time, time to play our strongest 11, no square pegs please Pep. The Rags are in decent form, but if (big if) we play like we did in the 1st half against them at our place we will win.
The rags were on decent form prior to the Etihad Derby, we put them back in their box. The sooner
Ten Hag sorts it out and gets them losing again the happier I'll be. Only know true happiness when their losing was pretty pissed for most of the nineties.
I'm expecting three points
I can't believe they are so close to us points wise
They are not a good team at all
The rags say the same about us. I agree we will win
We’ll beat these then lose to Spurs on Thursday
We've got the world's best midfielder and world's best striker in a team guided by the world's best manager and the best goal difference in the league.
Arrogant rag red bastards 0 Manchester City in beautiful sky blue 4.
Gundogan (the captain) coming out and saying that he hopes Southampton will be a wake up call as although we’ve won games something has been missing and off this season I.e. desire, hunger and performances (his words not mine) is slightly worrying. But, if they can’t change that for this game of all games this season may well be a write off.
Really hope those who are lucky enough to be going belt out a few oldies:
“You’re not famous anymore.”
“History channel, you’re on the history channel, history chaaaaaaneellll.”
And when they sing “Argentina” we should absolutely respond with a rousing rendition of “Sergio, Sergio.”
And my favorite, "whole generation ..."
Can it really be possible that the rags start this game as favourites? There'll be a whole generation of supporters who have never seen this in their lifetime. Tell me it's a bad dream.

You're only as good as your last match though, as the old cliché has it....

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Good to see they’re worried about playing us :lol: Someone’s worried we’ll out run them in midfield. Well that to me tells me we’ve improved massively this season if city fans think we’ll out run their team. We’ll be well up for this game and ETH would of watched there game against Southampton and seen what we can do to hurt them but he wouldn’t of got any clues on what they’ll do to us because they was that bad at attacking last night.:lol:

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
They look like a team in regression, not because of Haaland, but because they are getting older, and currently struggling to play 3 competitive games in a week without picking up injuries to key players, and the squad players coming in are not quite at the same standard to keep it all ticking over. De Bruyne doesn't get a rest because they need his creativity, and tonight he was chasing shadows and looking old and fat.
We'll see how it shakes out. They are definitely exhibiting some of the same symptoms as Liverpool, lacking the same energy levels with a lot of older players plus guys who have played so many high-energy matches over the last 4-5 years, then new players in the mix who aren't at the level.

But Liverpool looked like that last festive period and Klopp was able to coax one last 3-4 month run of big performances out of his group last spring before the wheels really came off this year. I wouldn't bet against Guardiola being able to do the same.

Offsideagain

Listened to a Citeh fan on TalkShite who moaned about the weather. At least I think that was what he said as he had a thick Scottish accent. Odd considering all Citeh fans come from half a square mile of the centre of Manchester according to them. Maybe Grealish had his hair ruined in the rain. The fact is, Guardiola the great Guardiola thought Saints would be a pushover and put on his reserves. Southampton the new Stoke on a wet Wednesday night now. Different take in Saturday and if we do beat them, which is possible, no doubt playing away on a Wednesday will be mentioned.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Thats kinda true but not exact, the term came from City giving United their old shirts as opposed to them being actual rags. Both clubs had a great relationship till the 70's with support being regularly shared (ie fans watching City one week, United the next depending on who was home/away). I'm not quite sure where the hostility came from to be honest as the clubs consistently had each others backs till that period.

BEST No7

Listened to a Citeh fan on TalkShite who moaned about the weather. At least I think that was what he said as he had a thick Scottish accent. Odd considering all Citeh fans come from half a square mile of the centre of Manchester according to them. Maybe Grealish had his hair ruined in the rain. The fact is, Guardiola the great Guardiola thought Saints would be a pushover and put on his reserves. Southampton the new Stoke on a wet Wednesday night now. Different take in Saturday and if we do beat them, which is possible, no doubt playing away on a Wednesday will be mentioned.
Heard that. Tbh the guy sounds mentally not right. Talksport shouldn't be making a fool outa people like that, it's the thick cnut called Jackie knuckles :rolleyes: a City fan. Imagine she was your mum...

Ole'sattheWheel

Used to knock about with some Blues back in the late 90s early 2000's. They always said it meant Red, Arrogant Sh**s
I thought it was because we were always heavily favoured by newspapers. As in hogging the headlines all the time. Rag is slang word for newspaper in the UK.

I could be wrong though

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
I thought it was because we were always heavily favoured by newspapers. As in hogging the headlines all the time. Rag is slang word for newspaper in the UK.

I could be wrong though
Nothing to do with that. Back in the day and we're talking 60s or something, City let United use their kits because we were skint.

Hence, us using their rags. It's childish, pathetic and small-time on the level of singing about Hillsborough, it's so back in time.

Happy to be corrected but pretty sure it's that.

Wheato

Nothing to do with that. Back in the day and we're talking 60s or something, City let United use their kits because we were skint.

Hence, us using their rags. It's childish, pathetic and small-time on the level of singing about Hillsborough, it's so back in time.

Rules of the United Thread. ( Blue Moon forum - Baby boomers edition)

1) Say the word 'Rag' over and over, like it actually stings our eyes, which it doesn't. Most United fans find it quite endearing. It's like that Monty Python sketch, "We are the knights who say NI."

2) Say something about Munich. Mostly to deflect away from the horrific tragedy, and paint MUFC in a bad light. Completely ignoring the capabilities and finances available to football clubs in the 1950's.

3) Say something about Louis Edwards meat factory circa 1966. (Louis Edwards has been dead 43 years!)

4) Mention the Martin Edwards toilet cubicle rumour. (Martin Edwards retired 22 years ago!)

5) Try to make Sir Alex Ferguson relevant in every post, and not an 82 year old man who has been retired for a decade. "I don't care what they say about his brain operation, he's still running that club from his secret lair inside Mere Golf Club. And he controls all of the VAR decisions."

6) Mention Ryan Giggs/Wayne Rooney shagging habits. Love a bit of tabloid tittle tattle.

7) Act like schoolboys and make up childish and non PC names for players and managers. Camel Gob, Ratboy, Gashford, Slur Alex, Slabhead....yawn.

8) Repeat all of the above for 50 years, even though the majority of their fans under the age of 30, cringe themselves inside out, every time they trot down this laboriously well worn path. Some of them have 50 thousand posts, mostly on the same subject, yes Manchester United. They are riddled with it. It tears them up inside. They never fail to make me laugh, those Berties.

Ole'sattheWheel

Ah now you mention it that does ring a bell. Think you’re correct

Nick7

It was the 20s/30s. Not the 60s.

El Zoido

“Tent Peg” is an embarrassingly shite attempt at a mocking name. They ought to leave the name calling up to the dippers, they’re better at it. No surprise from Bluemoon though, it might be the lowest IQ forum on the internet.

UnRational

“Tent Peg” is an embarrassingly shite attempt at a mocking name. They ought to leave the name calling up to the dippers, they’re better at it. No surprise from Bluemoon though, it might be the lowest IQ forum on the internet.
Yeh at least that lot are quite funny with the names they make up, Ten Months is one of my favourites :lol:

padr81

Supports
Man City
It's quite cringe like how is it even supposed to be an insult (ha ha your stadium got blown up ye wankers).
No clue I registered there years ago but couldn't settle to be honest, its how I ended up here. Theres a group who kinda dominate the place who question everyone blueness like non-stop, I'm pretty sure they're the type who when sitting at home and their partners phone beeps accuse them of having an affair with Alex Ferguson, Howard Webb and the ghost of Matt Busby.

Sunday:
Outsider - I think Pep got decision x wrong "Ah so you think Pep made a mistake, shows you're a rag, consider yourself on rag watch now you've exposed yourself as a rag"
Wednesday:
Outsider - I think Pep made the right call with the team, it just didn't happen "ah so you think Pep is a genius when he's clearly screwing us over and sucking up to United, now I know your a rag, you raggy, rag, bacon face whiskey nosed loving raggity, rag, rag. Bert Trautmann bombed the swamp ya rag!".

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
No clue I registered there years ago but couldn't settle to be honest, its how I ended up here. Theres a group who kinda dominate the place who question everyone blueness like non-stop, I'm pretty sure they're the type who when sitting at home and their partners phone beeps accuse them of having an affair with Alex Ferguson, Howard Webb and the ghost of Matt Busby.

Sunday:
Outsider - I think Pep got decision x wrong "Ah so you think Pep made a mistake, shows you're a rag, consider yourself on rag watch now you've exposed yourself as a rag"
Wednesday:
Outsider - I think Pep made the right call with the team, it just didn't happen "ah so you think Pep is a genius when he's clearly screwing us over and sucking up to United, now I know your a rag, you raggy, rag, bacon face whiskey nosed loving raggity, rag, rag. Bert Trautmann bombed the swamp ya rag!".
Gawd knows what they'd have made of Peter Swales!

padr81

Supports
Man City
It’s also said that our own fans came up with it
This is kinda true but a play on how its used today. United fans did indeed make rag jokes about themselves in the 1920's (way before the bombing) when the club struggled, but it died off and only came back as a derogatory term by city fans after the bombing. So while United fans were the first to use the term it was in a completely different way and with a different meaning to how our fans took it. Personally its a word I despise.

Nick7

This is kinda true but a play on how its used today. United fans did indeed make rag jokes about themselves in the 1920's (way before the bombing) when the club struggled, but it died off and only came back as a derogatory term by city fans after the bombing. So while United fans were the first to use the term it was in a completely different way and with a different meaning to how our fans took it. Personally its a word I despise.
I’d thought it was similar to self deprecating humour. It’s grand and all when you say it flippantly but someone else saying it is a whole different story. Didn’t know about the bombing aspect though, thanks!

Revaulx

Thats kinda true but not exact, the term came from City giving United their old shirts as opposed to them being actual rags. Both clubs had a great relationship till the 70's with support being regularly shared (ie fans watching City one week, United the next depending on who was home/away). I'm not quite sure where the hostility came from to be honest as the clubs consistently had each others backs till that period.
Mike Doyle