Bluemoon goes into Meltdown

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
We’re competing against everyone for support as the owners want us to be as big as possible. I guess my real point is that there are two clubs in Mcr and Rags are defined as biggest on the planet so we are competing against them for the new generation of support. Mentioned Liverpool as pundits use them as a reference, there local competitor is Everton. Personally I don’t care we are what we are.
The rags have moved to Manchester ?
I stopped going to the Champions League games a number of years ago, personally everything they do from covering up non-approved ads to their taking over the broadcasting experience in the ground pisses me off. To their anti-racism clips, when you know that UEFA hand out laughable fines if people actually are.... Honestly if the club didn't charge me I still wouldn't attend

Charrockero

Supports
Chivas de Guadalajara
Manchester City are basically a marketing toy for Etihad Airways. The name on the shirts, the stadium, the cheesy adverts promoting Abu Dhabi based companies. That's really what it's all about. That is the owners 'skin in the game'. They mainly bought them for two reasons, one being that they were cheap to buy (and the owner was desperate to sell before he went to prison), but the main factor was that they shared a location and name with Manchester United, one of the biggest sporting entity's on the planet.

They then looked around at the people who made Barcelona FC successful and made them an o££er they couldn't refuse. They call it 'the project' because that's what it is to them. A business venture, an experiment in maximising the advertising potential of their products. They couldn't care less about the core fans. They want tourists, and day trippers in Man Utd kits to come to their matches. They want people to worship false Gods, like injury prone Belgian defenders, who they build statues for??? Not for world cup heroes or Ballon d'Or winners, a statue for someone who just turned up, took the money and didn't complain!!

In the drone footage that they produced for celebrating winning the PL, they shamelessly flogged the corporate hospitality and tunnel club before showing anyone the actual PL trophy. This is who they are now. They have become the thing that they always hated. A faceless, corporate entity, built on sand. The sort of people who turn their noses up at Mancunians in the street. From the very top, to the very bottom of that club, there is not one real genuine Manchester City fan on the payroll. They are all hired hands. Pigs eating from the trough. And when they've all had their fill, they will be off for good. Only ever to return one day, slightly bemused, because some marketing dweeb in Mayfair has decided that they should have a statue made for them. "Erm...thanks guys...this is such an honour to have this pockmarked lump of metal that looks nothing like me! I will be sure to visit you all again in the next decade!"

The backlash against Guardiola today is comical. He isn't there because he loves the club, or has any sort of affinity to the fans. He's there because they pay him £18 million a season. And now that the clock is running down and he can see some light at the end of the tunnel, he's starting to let his true feelings out. He took their money, but deep down he is embarrassed by them. That is why he makes comments like he did in the interview last night. Even giving the time of the kick off on Saturday. Could you imagine any other manager saying that to their fans? He's serving out his notice, and settling a few gripes before he goes. I doubt that he will ever darken their door again. Unless they build him a statue!
Please give kudos to this comment.

I feel sad for the long term City fanbase becasue I knew this scenario would unfold with the Abu Dhabi takeover in 2007... The hard-working class, low income, struggling with low tier divisions, with idols like Dickov or Horlock... I bet that to them celebrating promotion vs Gillingham in 1999 to get to First Division is worth like x1000 more than winning a Champions League nowadays. If I were a City supporter, I know I would.

Money brings elite players, money brings elite football, the success money brings may even bring some fans to the Club... But money can't buy love.

And love in footballing terms comes from facing challenges and hardships like: relegations, eating 0-5 defeats at home, playing in dirt camps, having shitty players, having a long term trophy drought, having your rival fans shouting very disrespectful bullshit, getting screwed on the 90 minute penalty by a referee, having an ex-player shouting goal in front of your fanbase, having a homegrown player sweat tears or blood when winning on the last minute, having a player go and celebrate in front of the fans, having a strong-willed President and Board that invest in the Club....

These reasons and many more are what make fans love a football Club and love it inconditionally more than their own family, woman or religion. This is what football separates greatly from other sports. This is the reason we hate somebody calling it 'soccer'.

Manchester City was a very small football club, but it was loved. Maybe few people loved it in comparison to United or other clubs, but it was their Club. The love the Club had was earned.

Sadly, that love Manchester City had probaby vanished with all the money. The City these longtime hardcore fans loved is a totally different Club.

Client6

Manchester City are basically a marketing toy for Etihad Airways. The name on the shirts, the stadium, the cheesy adverts promoting Abu Dhabi based companies. That's really what it's all about. That is the owners 'skin in the game'. They mainly bought them for two reasons, one being that they were cheap to buy (and the owner was desperate to sell before he went to prison), but the main factor was that they shared a location and name with Manchester United, one of the biggest sporting entity's on the planet.

They then looked around at the people who made Barcelona FC successful and made them an o££er they couldn't refuse. They call it 'the project' because that's what it is to them. A business venture, an experiment in maximising the advertising potential of their products. They couldn't care less about the core fans. They want tourists, and day trippers in Man Utd kits to come to their matches. They want people to worship false Gods, like injury prone Belgian defenders, who they build statues for??? Not for world cup heroes or Ballon d'Or winners, a statue for someone who just turned up, took the money and didn't complain!!

In the drone footage that they produced for celebrating winning the PL, they shamelessly flogged the corporate hospitality and tunnel club before showing anyone the actual PL trophy. This is who they are now. They have become the thing that they always hated. A faceless, corporate entity, built on sand. The sort of people who turn their noses up at Mancunians in the street. From the very top, to the very bottom of that club, there is not one real genuine Manchester City fan on the payroll. They are all hired hands. Pigs eating from the trough. And when they've all had their fill, they will be off for good. Only ever to return one day, slightly bemused, because some marketing dweeb in Mayfair has decided that they should have a statue made for them. "Erm...thanks guys...this is such an honour to have this pockmarked lump of metal that looks nothing like me! I will be sure to visit you all again in the next decade!"

The backlash against Guardiola today is comical. He isn't there because he loves the club, or has any sort of affinity to the fans. He's there because they pay him £18 million a season. And now that the clock is running down and he can see some light at the end of the tunnel, he's starting to let his true feelings out. He took their money, but deep down he is embarrassed by them. That is why he makes comments like he did in the interview last night. Even giving the time of the kick off on Saturday. Could you imagine any other manager saying that to their fans? He's serving out his notice, and settling a few gripes before he goes. I doubt that he will ever darken their door again. Unless they build him a statue!
Brilliant! Thank you.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
City is no different than me spawning a cobra car through cheat codes in age of empires and winning the game.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
out of interest what do you define as history? as I'm not sure in what way Sunderland had more history than City, yes that had won more 1st Division league titles and both clubs we're formed around the same time but what other history is more history?
I guess you could either define it by titles won and the date they were acquired which puts many teams above city though admittedly not the best measure as that would put Preston north end as the eminent team in England

Another measure could be the size of Fandom and supporters regardless of the success on the pitch though again not perfect as it would either favor clubs in bigger city's or those who have no local rivals

Its a tricky subject to be honest as I can't quite put it down but for me a clubs eminence can't be simply explained with words as they simply have an aura whether its world class players iconic moments pop culture relevance or the simple panache

These are all things that amount to a club being "historic" and i doubt many would contend with clubs such as ourselves Liverpool arsenal barca bayern or juve and Millan being as such
City? Not so much

Fts 74

Brilliantly put what a fantastic post.

VanHaal'sRedArmy

The dynamic is kinda like the Clippers and Lakers. I remember when they were practically giving tickets away or for real cheap (5 bucks) during the 00's. Totally non-existant fanbase especially when you're sharing the same court with one of the world's most iconic sports teams.
The 'fans' they do have are either transplants or people who like to root for the perennial underdogs.

forevrared

The dynamic is kinda like the Clippers and Lakers. I remember when they were practically giving tickets away or for real cheap (5 bucks) during the 00's. Totally non-existant fanbase especially when you're sharing the same court with one of the world's most iconic sports teams.
The 'fans' they do have are either transplants or people who like to root for the perennial underdogs.
I lived walking distance to Staples Center up until a year ago. Even through the Blake Griffin/Chris Paul teams, I’d still get $6 tickets day of the game and walk over if I had nothing better to do that night. Pretty much right up until the Covid lockdown, actually.

EtH

Today's contentious quote from Peptic Pep:
"I don't want to be like United, Liverpool, Barcelona, Bayern Munich, like Madrid or like all the big clubs. We are who we are. I like it."

Now he's saying they are a small club.
He is preparing his escape, isn't he?
Did he really say that ?

VanHaal'sRedArmy

I lived walking distance to Staples Center up until a year ago. Even through the Blake Griffin/Chris Paul teams, I’d still get $6 tickets day of the game and walk over if I had nothing better to do that night. Pretty much right up until the Covid lockdown, actually.
It's actually pretty good value for what you get. Well, at least they're moving out of the basement at Staples and into Inglewood soon. Intuit Dome

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
The only club that has statues of people that dont even a grey hair. Silva isnt that old and Kompany doesnt even have a hair to begin with.

K Stand Knut

I think this is his last season at City. I think he doesn't have much enthusiasm for that gig anymore
I find it interesting that this behaviour has ramped up at a time when Koeman allegedly has a few games to save his Barça career.

Could Pep be managing his way back to Catalunya?

Coops73

Fantastic post sir.

Irrational.

Bravo, sir.

RoyH1

I find it interesting that this behaviour has ramped up at a time when Koeman allegedly has a few games to save his Barça career.

Could Pep be managing his way back to Catalunya?
Unless he or his family have a serious case of homesickness, I doubt he comes back to Barcelona. That club won't have it's finances in tip top order for some years still, and Pep needs a big money squad in order to compete.
I think he'll return to Barsa at a latter point, but as a president for the club.

K Stand Knut

Unless he or his family have a serious case of homesickness, I doubt he comes back to Barcelona. That club won't have it's finances in tip top order for some years still, and Pep needs a big money squad in order to compete.
I think he'll return to Barsa at a latter point, but as a president for the club.
Yeah, that’s a fair shout and argument. It would certainly go against everything he has stood for as a manager so far in his career.

But, if he’s had enough at city, it would be an easy out for him where he’ll never be hated and could go in and solidify them for this season before building again.

I’d bet they’ll have loads to spend next summer, for example

CM21

Pep had no issues skating the fans publicly for not turning up well let’s see if he publicly skated the players first not turning up
All on the genius. Better if he shut up and actually managed the Team.
Pep, wonder if you could get more of your players to turn up next week? Should be your main concern lad.
Seems they're more upset about Pep's quote than the result .
Wonder if some of them wanted not to get a win so they could bash Pep :lol::lol:

mu4c_20le

poor raz
Looking for any reason to chalk this off...
He’s done alright there Sterling. He’s now actively stopping our goals. Foden just puts that in.
Sterling leaves that and foden scores. Meh. He wasnt to know but he is fecking awful.
Foden literally would have finished that if sterling hadn't gone in...this lad can do nothing good for us now.
Sterling screwing us over to the end. Good job, lad. Get out of the fecking way.
Thanks for that Raz.
why didn't sterling leave it for foden.

ffs. he fecks up everything.
Sterling you clown, leaves that and Foden pops it in. Terrible performance, we'd have been better off without him today
this is the stupidest league in the world
The standard of officiating is just laughable
If Sterling didn’t rush in then it’s a tap in for foden. Nicked it off his toe.
He's stole a living doing exactly that. I know i'm reacting harshly but he's really beginning to piss me off now. Imagine him wanting a payrise...hope we feck him off to barca in january.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!

Worthy of an article in the papers or on tv

meamth

Please give kudos to this comment.

I feel sad for the long term City fanbase becasue I knew this scenario would unfold with the Abu Dhabi takeover in 2007... The hard-working class, low income, struggling with low tier divisions, with idols like Dickov or Horlock... I bet that to them celebrating promotion vs Gillingham in 1999 to get to First Division is worth like x1000 more than winning a Champions League nowadays. If I were a City supporter, I know I would.

Money brings elite players, money brings elite football, the success money brings may even bring some fans to the Club... But money can't buy love.

And love in footballing terms comes from facing challenges and hardships like: relegations, eating 0-5 defeats at home, playing in dirt camps, having shitty players, having a long term trophy drought, having your rival fans shouting very disrespectful bullshit, getting screwed on the 90 minute penalty by a referee, having an ex-player shouting goal in front of your fanbase, having a homegrown player sweat tears or blood when winning on the last minute, having a player go and celebrate in front of the fans, having a strong-willed President and Board that invest in the Club....

These reasons and many more are what make fans love a football Club and love it inconditionally more than their own family, woman or religion. This is what football separates greatly from other sports. This is the reason we hate somebody calling it 'soccer'.

Manchester City was a very small football club, but it was loved. Maybe few people loved it in comparison to United or other clubs, but it was their Club. The love the Club had was earned.

Sadly, that love Manchester City had probaby vanished with all the money. The City these longtime hardcore fans loved is a totally different Club.
Now now behave, anyone who puts a football club over their woman and family should be spanked naked in public.

I've got married and had a wonderful son just a year ago, nothing felt more special than that.

United is up there with my priorities..though.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
Now now behave, anyone who puts a football club over their woman and family should be spanked naked in public.

I've got married and had a wonderful son just a year ago, nothing felt more special than that.

United is up there with my priorities..though.
gay