Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Bruno is basically what Pogba was supposed to be. Somebody who could turn a losing team into a winning one.
How exactly? Pogba is a centre midfielder. Bruno is basically a second striker. There are games where his average position is higher than Martial’s.

The United

How exactly? Pogba is a centre midfielder. Bruno is basically a second striker. There are games where his average position is higher than Martial’s.
Not sure if it is true for this season. Last season, he was pretty high up. If he is still there, probably because he chases the ball all the way to goal keepers which is I suppose what Martial should do?

A lot of context missing there.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Regarding the last paragraph, Bruno is what fans Pogba to be due to the fee but Pogba was never that kinda decisive player consistently. I remember cautioning caftards many time about that since his first season
This is a fair point and one that doesn't get made enough.

People have always, always wanted Pogba to be more than he is. When he plays high up they expect him to be Zidane. When he plays deep they expect him to be Viera.

When Pogba signed I thought he could maybe evolve into a Yaya Toure type attacking player. Its fair to say he showed ample evidence of being able to play that way when Ole first took over. With his poise on the ball, passing, pace and power he's very hard to defend against in advanced areas. However, he is not a dynamo and expecting him to run about like Rooney is like expecting Maguire to sprint like Ferdinand.

Pogba and Bruno are different players, with different strengths. It just so happens that as #10 Bruno's game compliments/makes up for the weaknesses in our team more than Pogba's. That's nobody's fault per se. Its just how things have worked out with the way our squad has been put together.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
This is a fair point and one that doesn't get made enough.

People have always, always wanted Pogba to be more than he is. When he plays high up they expect him to be Zidane. When he plays deep they expect him to be Viera.

When Pogba signed I thought he could maybe evolve into a Yaya Toure type attacking player. Its fair to say he showed ample evidence of being able to play that way when Ole first took over. With his poise on the ball, passing, pace and power he's very hard to defend against in advanced areas. However, he is not a dynamo and expecting him to run about like Rooney is like expecting Maguire to sprint like Ferdinand.

Pogba and Bruno are different players, with different strengths. It just so happens that as #10 Bruno's game compliments/makes up for the weaknesses in our team more than Pogba's. That's nobody's fault per se. Its just how things have worked out with the way our squad has been put together.
Well said. I couldn't agree more. Bruno has been a blessing

Southampton 2:3 Man Utd

SER19

If you don't absolutely love this man I'm not sure you understand United. A pure warrior. Endlessly productive even on days when he doesn't play well. Was class today. Some of his passes are just brilliant. A machine and the heart and soul of United in 2020. Ferguson would have absolutely loved him

Superunknown

He's a player that even when he doesn't have an amazing or even a good game, his level is still higher than others around him and he still comes up with goals/assists/both. Our most important player. My current favourite player.

Dr. StrangeHate

How did we get this guy without any serious competition? He doesn't need a style of play just keeps producing or scoring clutch chances. He is singlehandedly keeping us a top team. If he gets injured we don't finish top half.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Does Bruno now have as many goal involvements as games for United??

hungrywing

There were still quite a few 'Bruno's been horrible' posts in the matchday thread.

Now, yes, that's normal. But you'd think the entire fanbase would have learned by now.

sugar_kane

How did we get this guy without any serious competition? He doesn't need a style of play just keeps producing or scoring clutch chances. He is singlehandedly keeping us a top team. If he gets injured we don't finish top half.
It's for this reason I was sceptical about signing him in the first place, especially given the fairly low price tag for the numbers he was putting up for Sporting.

I can only assume it's because a lot of the top clubs were at the time well stocked in his position, or maybe he only wanted United?

Couldn't believe that miss and was so wasteful at times today, still ran his arse off for 90 minutes and scored and created one. Just love the guy.

Also quite sad that his strike from 35 yards didn't fly in, was so cleanly hit I was almost jumping to celebrate

kouroux

This chap is blessed by some voodoo. He could be as horrible as he wants but still comes up with decisive moments. Reminds me of Messi of the last few seasons in that particular aspect

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
There were still quite a few 'Bruno's been horrible' posts in the matchday thread.

Now, yes, that's normal. But you'd think the entire fanbase would have learned by now.
See you watch De Bruyne and he's also incredibly wasteful with what appears simple passes but the stats don't lie. Same with Bruno. Very rarely he doesn't deliver something in a game

Utdstar01

Forced it a couple of times too many in the 2nd half but always at the centre of everything good along with DVB.

el3mel

We absolutely can't play without him. He turns games on in few seconds. Top class and huge personality on the pitch.

Him and Cavani will be lethal duo this season.

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
Does Bruno now have as many goal involvements as games for United??
Not quite, 35 goal-involvements in 36 matches for the club according to Transfermarkt...so just a bit shy of the 1:1 ratio.
  • League: 25 in 23
  • Europa League: 4 in 5
  • Champions League: 4 in 4
  • FA Cup: 1 in 3
  • League Cup: 1 in 1
Link.

Tony247

Lost his pace after that bad knock. Tried too hard at times. Yet a goal and an assist. Not a bad match.

KW2006

Not his best game but still kept trying, working hard, and 1 goal 1 assist.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Not his best game.. but goal and assist again. Guy just oozes productivity, fantastic mentality, never gives up. What a signing hes been.

kundalini

Scored, his deflected shot led to Cavani's first goal, had a big chance saved from the rebound after Greenwood's shot, clipped the outside of the post with a super shot from distance, several other less impressive shots. Gave the ball away continually. Just 1 key pass.

kouroux

Tbh he was really bad in the 1st half. Saying that doesn't mean I don't expect/hope for him to impact the game. The 2 things have nothing to do for me. That's why he's unique, he could be shite in terms general game content and still come up with game changing moment.
I will never want him to be subbed if we need goals

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
Nothing stopping him hitting 35+ g/a this season

He was having a really poor game - although the work-rate, intensity and effort were still there as ever - until Cavani came on and then he changed completely.

Having off-ball runs to pick out, runs that stretched the defence and created space for him to work in, raised his game massively...and he, along with Cavani, were absolutely key to the comeback. He played some lovely balls second-half, much better in possession and the usual clinical finish in front of goal.

I've said it before, but imagine how much better he would be than he is already if he always had forwards in front of him who actually moved and made runs.

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
28 final third passes is stunning, 6 shots as well, 5 ball recoveries, 3 tackles.

kiristao

Very productive again inspite of not being great. I really wish he learns when to try the risky pass and when to avoid it.
Trying to lob the keeper or trying score in the 94th min when we are just a goal up were not very good decisions either.

saivet

I still think he needs to use the ball better as he had the lowest pass percentage of any outfield player with 60%.

More often than not he still gets a goal and assist.

Incredible productivity.

Tony247

Guys, Bruno got noticeably slow after Romeu gave him that knock in first half. Never saw same bruno again throughout the game. Hope he is alright.

hungrywing

See you watch De Bruyne and he's also incredibly wasteful with what appears simple passes but the stats don't lie. Same with Bruno. Very rarely he doesn't deliver something in a game
(Tbf, there was someone who posted their pass percentages and I think KDB's was higher, but that's quite possibly bolstered by City's playing style.)

I love his workrate. I wouldn't be surprised if there's some metric that would show that his workrate and help winning the ball back 'make up for' his 'wasteful' passes.

Tbh he was really bad in the 1st half. Saying that doesn't mean I don't expect/hope for him to impact the game. The 2 things have nothing to do for me. That's why he's unique, he could be shite in terms general game content and still come up with game changing moment.
I will never want him to be subbed if we need goals
I'm not criticizing the 'he's been terrible' posts. Again, that's totally normal to feel that way and there's so many people on the caf that someone's going to feel that way about a player or two.

I meant to point out how almost ridiculously consistent his output is. Basically if he hasn't scored or assisted by the 75th minute, at least one of those things is likely coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.