5.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

gajender

I wonder, if Newcastle comes in with a bid of £160m, do you sell? I'm not sure we're going to play in a way that will allow him to win 4 player of the month awards in a 12 month stretch. His value to another team may be much greater than ours.

I think he can be excellent for us, but it will be down to whether he can adjust to the new style. I'm happy to keep him, personally. But we all know how good he can be as a #10.
I don't think even Newcastle would be that daft to offer £160m for Fernandes but if somebody does offer that then yes we should definitely sell he is good but not that good I have doubts that he could be truly Elite player while playing for fully functioning big team .

Real Name

He's too impatient with the ball, wants to make the pass as quickly as possible most of the time despite the fact he sometimes needs to stop with the ball and look around. For 2, 3 seconds but enough not to misplace a past. Always trying to find an opening, a ball which will slice up the defence and it isnt necessary every time.

OmarUnited4ever

It seems to me that he's always trying to find Ronaldo, even when Ronaldo isn't in the best spot, he ignored Dalot who was wide and in position to cross one or two times.

Lewnited

I think if we're sticking to this formation then he shouldn't be anywhere but in a front two. For the last year his performances have been crappy morr often than not, but he has the ability to offset that by popping up with a goal or neat pass through to a forward.
The positions he was taking up yesterday were way too far from goal for him to be effective, so if that's the plan for him long term he'll have to change his game. I imagine Sancho and Pogba would be our best wide playmakers

captaincantona

Bruno will need to adapt more than others imo...discipline is key with this type of system...if his heart rate goes up and he decides to try pirouette through two Players before launching a 60 yard back heel in the general direction of the back post I reckon Rangnick will just hook him.

kthanksbye

If anyone is allowed a few below par games in our squad, it's him.
Hope he doesn't end up like DeGea where his performances are inversely proportional to the rest of the team. When everyone is bad, he pulls something out of the hat, and looks off colour when the team is playing well.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
If we stick with 4-2-2-2 then he shouldn't be on the wing, should be one of the striker. When he play on the wing, his options are very limited due to his lack of pace and physicality. Couple of times in 2nd half where he received the ball he just booted it immediately for long pass towards Ronaldo and Rashford, without success
He’s also a really weak dribbler. Ball carrying is probably one of his weakest skills as a no.10

Lam

Has gone from trying to bring in all forwards into play to trying to get ronaldo to score. Hope RR sorts this out.

He isa far superior player when he has an open mind consider every option in front of him.

Idxomer

If anyone is allowed a few below par games in our squad, it's him.
Hope he doesn't end up like DeGea where his performances are inversely proportional to the rest of the team. When everyone is bad, he pulls something out of the hat, and looks off colour when the team is playing well.
People have been saying this for a year, probably longer.

kthanksbye

Things are different now, aren't they? I mean what he was doing for us when he joined was obviously never going to be sustainable in the long run given how disjointed and tactically clueless our squad was.
Yesterday Dalot and Telles had decent to good games, better than the standards they've set. I said that in context, Bruno is allowed to not hit the ground running with the new management.

Smores

Where has this stupid narrative come from that he's been shit for a year? He's been top of the creative stats across all 5 leagues at multiple points within the last year.

Between the criticism of De Gea, Ronaldo, Bruno it seems a section of the caf are keen to overly criticise our best players.

Idxomer

Things are different now, aren't they? I mean what he was doing for us when he joined was obviously never going to be sustainable in the long run given how disjointed and tactically clueless our squad was.
Yesterday Dalot and Telles had decent to good games, better than the standards they've set. I said that in context, Bruno is allowed to not hit the ground running with the new management.
It's gonna be interesting for sure. The thing is if he didn't rush some of his passes and shots against Palace, the perception of his game would've been quite different. It's not like he wasn't involved, just needs to make more intelligent decisions in the final 3rd.

Idxomer

Where has this stupid narrative come from that he's been shit for a year? He's been top of the creative stats across all 5 leagues at multiple points within the last year.

Between the criticism of De Gea, Ronaldo, Bruno it seems a section of the caf are keen to overly criticise our best players.
Who said he has been shit for a year? He has been inconsistent and frustrating a lot though.

VivaObertan

Transfer Voyeur
Weird thread, he was our best player in the half hour he played vs Villareal literally a week ago and good against Arsenal too!

All our players need time to adjust, the team looked more cohesive but you can't say that Ronaldo, Bruno, Sancho, Rashford looked better individually over the course of the full 90 minutes than in previous games.

NoLogo

Weird thread, he was our best player in the half hour he played vs Villareal literally a week ago and good against Arsenal too!

All our players need time to adjust, the team looked more cohesive but you can't say that Ronaldo, Bruno, Sancho, Rashford looked better individually over the course of the full 90 minutes than in previous games.
He is the player who always takes the high risk passes, so he is bound to have games where things just don't come off right. Under a manager like Rangnick misplacing a progressive pass isn't that much of a problem, neither is under Klopp btw, because losing the ball higher up the pitch can lead to a good situation for Gegenpressing to win the ball back. So yeah, I personally don't mind it if he has games where it doesn't come off for him, and I would hazard a guess that with our attacking learning more and more attacking patterns those passes will become more and more valuable for us.

Mainoldo

Pogba will take his position in that formation and rightfully so. He offers more on the ball and had a far better pass selection.

I think if we stick with this formation Bruno is better off playing upfront. Just out of the way.

jeff_goldblum

Pogba will take his position in that formation and rightfully so. He offers more on the ball and had a far better pass selection.

I think if we stick with this formation Bruno is better off playing upfront. Just out of the way.
Unless Pogba makes some major changes to his game, I can't see that happening in the long term - perhaps in the short term if Bruno's form doesnt pick up or in the odd game when others are being rested.

He's more talented than Bruno but he simply doesn't offer as much in that position - doesn't play with enough urgency, doesn't deal well with being closed down, doesn't create chances as consistently and, crucially, doesn't make up for those shortcomings by offering anything else that would make him more useful tactically in that role (e.g - workrate, movement, pace, goalscoring).The things he's better than Bruno at (long passing, carrying the ball up the pitch) are things that he wouldn't be able to showcase further up the pitch, but he has other limitations which mean he's not someone we could play in a midfield two in most games.

I desperately hope I'm wrong and things change under Rangnick but it's been clear to me for years that Pogba is a square peg in a round hole in most tactical set-ups and struggles with the pace of the Premier League. To get the absolute best out of him you have to provide him a Pogba-shaped hole to fill, which means having the right personal to put around him (which we don't) and/or sacrificing other players to accommodate him, which simply doesn't seem worth it given that we have other players (like Bruno when he's in form) in the squad who can offer just as much or more without needing the team to be built around them.

KingCavani

Nonsense. Every word.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Unless Pogba makes some major changes to his game, I can't see that happening in the long term - perhaps in the short term if Bruno's form doesnt pick up or in the odd game when others are being rested.

He's more talented than Bruno but he simply doesn't offer as much in that position - doesn't play with enough urgency, doesn't deal well with being closed down, doesn't create chances as consistently and, crucially, doesn't make up for those shortcomings by offering anything else that would make him more useful tactically in that role (e.g - workrate, movement, pace, goalscoring).The things he's better than Bruno at (long passing, carrying the ball up the pitch) are things that he wouldn't be able to showcase further up the pitch, but he has other limitations which mean he's not someone we could play in a midfield two in most games.

I desperately hope I'm wrong and things change under Rangnick but it's been clear to me for years that Pogba is a square peg in a round hole in most tactical set-ups and struggles with the pace of the Premier League. To get the absolute best out of him you have to provide him a Pogba-shaped hole to fill, which means having the right personal to put around him (which we don't) and/or sacrificing other players to accommodate him, which simply doesn't seem worth it given that we have other players (like Bruno when he's in form) in the squad who can offer just as much or more without needing the team to be built around them.
Not sure this is true at all in the position you're speaking about. Also isn't Pogba one of our most consistent pressers after Fred this season?
Whether he excels or not, or stays or not, I think he would actually do really well in this setup

Gordon Godot

I tend to agree, Pogba only seems to look motivated for one in three or four of the games he plays. He may well be better suited to the lower intensity of both Italian and int'l football. THe new manager will certainly not tolerate him strolling around for half the match.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Terrible game, he should be benched and hopefully Rangnick will make that decision.

lawliet354

Absolutely horrendous, even Lingard/Pereira at their worst would be better today. For someone who demands the ball all the time, his passes are too erratic

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
More of what his entire season has been.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Nothing new, in my opinion. This has been him his entire tenure here. He just didn't score or assist which, in previous years, made people overlook his horrid general play.

el3mel

Why the feck did he stay till the end ? When he's terrible, sub him off.

With such form we're better off without him than with.

Don't give any guaranteed position to any player in the team. This is ridiculous.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Once again absolutely fecking garbage. When will people stop with the arbitrary ‘our best player’ he can’t even do the basics

Status
Not open for further replies.