5.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

M16Red

I hate watching him point backwards, drives me mad. Players were just ignoring him pointing today, which was very good to see.

Andersons Dietician

It was missed by many, but that header when we were given a penalty was atrocious :lol:
Yes, he had some terrible moments but if that penalty hadn’t been given he would be getting crucified as he should have been finishing that.

I’m honestly starting to think we’ll never be a top team with him. I just don’t see how you fit him in as everywhere you put him you compromise your team somewhere. Hopefully he and the managment team can figure it out as well as him just getting the luck he had previously back.

luke511

What's up with him? Doesn't suit that second 2 position. Not sure where he fits.
He could be better suited in the front 2 next to Ronaldo or Greenwood maybe, with 2 of Sancho, Diallo and Rashford taking the positions behind.

jesperjaap

What we are seeing the last few weeks is the same Fernandes, jsut without the decisive moments of quality. Dont get me wrong, I liek him, his attitude and work rate is very good, he can produce moments of sublime decisive game changing greatness. But for me, and I will probably get slaughtered, his consistency within 90minsutes has been pretty poor bat the first few months throughout his time here. He has been overly praised and hyped, I get it, he has won us games and his stats look great, but he isnt world class or a world start liek he is built up to be here

Blood Mage

I'm starting to think that with his purple patch long over, he's really not very good unfortunately.

RUCK4444

Abysmal performance today, love the guy but we’re missing our best player at the minute and when he’s off it he turns over possession far too much.

You need that output from him to justify the turnover of possession.

He needs a coach to settle him and get him to concentrate on the basics, he doesn’t have to lose that killer instinct, just play it simple and use the extra possession we will have as a result to carve out those chances in better positions.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
Absolute car crash of a performance. Shades of Rooney against Watford away in Jose’s first season.

Needs to pull the finger out ASAP because VdB and Pogba are waiting for his position.

Mainoldo

I don’t know who needs to hear this again. But he’s a very average player. We need quality in that position. Hopefully the Joao Felix rumours are true.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Remember when United scouted him initially and supposedly turned the option down because of his passing? I think we’re seeing why. I hope he gets over this form quickly because he’s not helping us keep ball at least

Winrar

Dreadful.

Need to keep things simple instead of constantly trying for the killer pass and losing possession.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
I think both he and Rashford are counter attacking players. When they have space, they look better. Its when ten men are behind the ball, that they struggle.

Very poor today. Worrying really.

RussellWilson

2020 NFC Fantasy League winner
Can anyone tell him to play it simple when things aren't going so well? Everything has to be the Hollywood ball. And the worst thing is often, it's not even a useful ball if he does make it, which he often does not.

Like the random attempt to switch to Sancho when he telles on the overlap. Would the Sancho ball progressed us any better, both completed passes leave us with a one v one out wide. 1 is just a low percentage attempt.

Just really dumb players.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
What we are seeing the last few weeks is the same Fernandes, jsut without the decisive moments of quality. Dont get me wrong, I liek him, his attitude and work rate is very good, he can produce moments of sublime decisive game changing greatness. But for me, and I will probably get slaughtered, his consistency within 90minsutes has been pretty poor bat the first few months throughout his time here. He has been overly praised and hyped, I get it, he has won us games and his stats look great, but he isnt world class or a world start liek he is built up to be here
That's a bit disingenuous, don't you think? If the criticism was that he's just stat-padding with goals and assists then I'd get where you're coming from, but whether you want to describe it as "chances created", "key passes", "shot-creating actions", whatever it is that considers a broader range of attacking contributions beyond the last touch or two, Bruno has ranked very highly for a long period of time. And that was clearly backed up with what we saw on the pitch; when he had a record-breaking number of chances created in a single CL game earlier this year, those chances were very real and had a huge influence on the game that we all saw, it's not some arbitrary statistic.

Saying this is the same Fernandes without that huge part of his game is a bit like saying when Alexander Arnold was getting destroyed last year, that was just the same old Trent without the decisive moments of quality. Sure they have other qualities to varying degrees but that's the defining part of their game. Ignoring the fluctuations in that aspect of their game doesn't present a very real description of what they offer or how they play.

To me it's more revealing to think about why that defining part of his game has disappeared in the way it has. Much like it always has for Portugal.

bugmat

Really really poor (not just today but all season despite stats). Needs to learn how to play a simpler game and stop ceding possession with reckless passing. it's the main reason we can't control a game - because he is always trying a spectacular killer pass when a simpler one could equally lead to a chance a play or two later. Needs to realise a controlled 2-0 is better than a frantic 5-3 which is the kind of situation his need to constantly punt possession leads to. Has the tools, needs to reset the mentality from Oleball.

Valencia Shin Crosses

Baffling how he manages to get away with half the shit he pulls in these games. It’s most frustrating because you can’t just chalk it up to him being a Nani esque player because we’ve seen games where he dictates everything and is tidy enough on the ball that he can afford to take chances.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
I read through these comments, and I’m dismayed by the negativity about a player who has literally carried this team since he signed. That’s not to say he’s been amazing of late because he hasn’t, though I think he’s far from the worst performer this season.
I forgive his misplaced passes because his insistence to go forward rather than backwards or sideways was a revelation, His desire to play every minute of every game and fight for the badge has been inspirational but maybe a more pragmatic way forward is to rotate him with Donny so he stays fresh, he stays sharp and he stays focused. He really seems to have been effected by Ole being sacked, I hope Ralf can help him to shine.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Needs a rest on the bench for a few games has completely lost his form

As drab as vdb may be its probably the right time to give him an extended run of games

Frank White

Not even mad at the extravagant passes not coming off (frequency of them totally different matter) but its the easy passes he seems to be getting wrong that's doing my head in. Work rate is still unmatched but something definitely off with him atm, VDB might actually get some time to shine soon if this continues.

GMoore23

Awful, awful, awful. If a manager cannot make him play a patient possession game, get rid. I don't care one bit about how good his stats are. We're never going to be a dominant team if he doesn't get his shit together.
This is why we had a free run at signing him. He was looking to leave the summer before but no top club wanted him. We only ended up signing him as a panick buy also as we could easily have got him in the summer instead of January.
All top scouts would have informed the likes of us, City, Barca and Bayern etc that he's a good goalscorer and has brilliant stats but his all round game isn't great and he's terrible at retaining possession.

Give me a David Silva over him any day and I said that even back when he was on fire for us. I knew that hot streak wouldn't last forever and I didn't like what I was seeing from his overall game. He's a whiny cnut also.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Needs to be benched. Time for donny to step up and prove his worth.

Pickle85

This is why we had a free run at signing him. He was looking to leave the summer before but no top club wanted him. We only ended up signing him as a panick buy also as we could easily have got him in the summer instead of January.
All top scouts would have informed the likes of us, City, Barca and Bayern etc that he's a good goalscorer and has brilliant stats but his all round game isn't great and he's terrible at retaining possession.

Give me a David Silva over him any day and I said that even back when he was on fire for us. I knew that hot streak wouldn't last forever and I didn't like what I was seeing from his overall game. He's a whiny cnut also.
Is there really anyone on the forum that would disagree with this though? It's not exactly a controversial opinion.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
So poor in possession. He keeps trying those diagonal passes like Scholes, but he fails 80% of the time. If Pogba was fit, I think he’d be benched.
He tried all game to get the ball to the full backs and failed more often than not. Scholes used to nail most of them, even carrick wasn't bad.

CallyRed

He seems to have a go at others when he misplaces a pass. Like it's their fault they didn't run on to a ball that's been belted 20 yards too far in front of them

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
I read through these comments, and I’m dismayed by the negativity about a player who has literally carried this team since he signed. That’s not to say he’s been amazing of late because he hasn’t, though I think he’s far from the worst performer this season.
I forgive his misplaced passes because his insistence to go forward rather than backwards or sideways was a revelation, His desire to play every minute of every game and fight for the badge has been inspirational but maybe a more pragmatic way forward is to rotate him with Donny so he stays fresh, he stays sharp and he stays focused. He really seems to have been effected by Ole being sacked, I hope Ralf can help him to shine.
Bollocks

DarkXaero

I wonder how long it'll take for this fanbase to realize that this is who he is as a player, and that he might not be good enough to be a long term starting option for this club. If we want to compete for trophies in the future, we need consistency from our players. Bruno is the opposite of consistency. Bruno either needs to learn to play with more discipline (meaning not recklessly give away the ball constantly) or he needs to be replaced eventually.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
I forgive his misplaced passes because his insistence to go forward rather than backwards or sideways was a revelation,
Well sure, we all forgive them when a % of them create a chance. Nobody has forgotten what he's done but these are not occasional ambitious, high risk punts interjected into an otherwise functioning game, they're all we get from him right now. And none of them are finding their target. None of them. He has to adapt. He looks like a man coming off a winning streak throwing more and more desperate bets in a bid to recapture what it used to be like. I just want him to take a step back, calm down and start playing himself back into form.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Well sure, we all forgive them when a % of them create a chance. Nobody has forgotten what he's done but these are not occasional ambitious, high risk punts interjected into an otherwise functioning game, they're all we get from him right now. And none of them are finding their target. None of them. He has to adapt. He looks like a man coming off a winning streak throwing more and more desperate bets in a bid to recapture what it used to be like. I just want him to take a step back, calm down and start playing himself back into form.
That's very well put, his game has definitely given me that same impression but you put it into words perfectly. I'm just not sure it's in his game to take a step back and play calm and conservative.

GMoore23

Is there really anyone on the forum that would disagree with this though? It's not exactly a controversial opinion.
I was saying that even when he was on absolute fire for us though, a lot would have disagreed with me then.

thedvil

A lot of people saying he was over hyped are now the ones completely writing him off, as with everything the answer is somewhere in the middle, good player having a bad spell like all players do.

Status
Not open for further replies.