Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
It must be a crushing blow for him. Brazil were favorites to win it. Must be his, Thiago and Neymar's last world cup. I hope he doesn't come back demoralized. We need him for top four.
He's only 30. He will most likely be starting in 2026.

led_scholes

Sad for our Brazilian players. They all seem really good people.

On the other hand, especially for Casemiro, this loss can mean that he wants to remain a WC player until he has one more chance with Brazil.

Let's hope he gets a well deserved rest and he is ready to come back and boss it here.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
One of the best brazilian player of the tournament, no doubt. His game against Croatia wasn't great though (like most of his teamates) but it's mostly because of Paqueta's terrible game. Tite made a very bad call and Casemiro was left alone with a close to impossible task.

His defending in the play when Brazil concedes a goal is very bad though, chasing players without any influence instead of covering the center of the pitch, he left Marquinhos with 2 players to guard. Oviously, he isn't the only one responsible

Pickle85

He's an absolute class act. Just hope he has more than a couple of seasons left in him because he's so important for us now

the_cliff

He's so much better than Maguire and Lindelof at their own fecking positions it's laughable... and sad

My god his passing tonight
Agreed, Absolute Rolls Royce of a player.
Probably the best DM in world football and by the looks of it could be our best CB as well. :lol:

A-man

Had some nice passes breaking through the lines in first half, but also lost possession many times with his high risk passes. Some good clearances and very strong in the air, but you could tell he’s not use to playing CB. Two of their best chances in second half came from his poor positions and the third from a high risk pass gone wrong.

Overall did good as a substitute, but he’s one of the best midfielders in the world, let him stay in there and use McT as fifth CB the next time.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
You know a player is class when he still performs in an unfamiliar position. Top player and one that is enjoying playing for us.

cj_sparky

Think he borrowed Thaigo Silva's ball magnet for the headers he kept winning. Played really well, such a quality player.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
It seems like he has one horrendous pass that almost leads to us conceding per game, and then the rest is of an extremely high level. He's already justified his transfer, I hope he can help us kick on for the next few years.

KjaAnd

Great player but it seems like he has one massive mistake in him per game. Probably too late for him to cut that out but he contributes with so much else that we will just have to put up with it.

Red_Heisenberg

Easily my favourite united player, which is bizarre considering we only signed him 3 months ago.

Plays with passion and has in game intelligence from another planet. Hope we can have another good summer next year and get us a team which a player of his calibre deserves to be a part of.

Quite apparent he's liking playing for the club as much as we like him playing for us too!

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Great player but wasn't particularly great tonight.
Gave the ball away in dangerous positions and was out of position a lot in the first half.

But second half he dominated, almost like he needed a half to get used the CB again.

But like most tonight, rustiness prevailed.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Mistake aside (can happen to anyone) his passing is absolute class. Didn't think he was THAT good while I watched him in Madrid. And the best thing about it, combined with his positioning and game intelligence is that it can prolong his career.

El Jefe

I've been saying for a while now that I actually think he's a better passer than Eriksen. He certainly has been in the time they've both been at the club.

Still can't believe he's here.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Playing center back is a waste of his talents although he did it flawlessly(well almost) in this match, I wonder why ten hag choose put him in there instead of the more conventional choice of mactom, perhaps to gauge how he'll handle the task?

Rossa

Great player but it seems like he has one massive mistake in him per game. Probably too late for him to cut that out but he contributes with so much else that we will just have to put up with it.
Scholes also often had a howler of a pass in him. As long as it doesn’t result in goals, who cares. Keeps the defenders on their toes.

Playing center back is a waste of his talents although he did it flawlessly in this match, I wonder why ten hag choose put him in there instead of the more conventional choice of mactom, perhaps to gauge how he'll handle the task?
Has he ever played McTom there?

More likely he doesn’t trust McTom to not be utter shite there and make it impossible to build any possession.

A-man

It’s not really mistakes. He has always been a bit of a high risk player imo, which means you give away a lot. It is ok in midfield but not good as a CB.

More likely he doesn’t trust McTom to not be utter shite there and make it impossible to build any possession.
McT has played there for Scotland.
( I’ve also seen Casemiro play CB a few times for RM)

Rolaholic

Great to know we have a quality auxiliary CB if ever needed :lol:

Put in a shift in a position that he hasn't played in in years, such an intelligent player

CM

Yeah, it'll be this. McTominay looks the part on paper with his height but defensively he's pretty poor.

Great game again from Casemiro barring that one moment at the end.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Playing center back is a waste of his talents although he did it flawlessly(well almost) in this match, I wonder why ten hag choose put him in there instead of the more conventional choice of mactom, perhaps to gauge how he'll handle the task?
Centre backs usually touch the ball more than any other position. As we saw tonight, that is something we do not ever want McT to do! Very sensible decision IMO.

Lights Out

I love him.

Out of position, just got on with it with a smile on his face.

I’m so fecking glad we lost those first two games or he wouldn’t have him

AndyMUFC

Just oozes class, his passing from centre back was sublime tonight and will be why he played there instead of McTominay who can't pass forward for shit. Think the bad pass at the end was probably tiredness but he made up for it the rest of the game.

The United

He could be playing in CB for a few more years at top level once his engine slows down based on this one performance!

Status
Not open for further replies.