Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

lost7

How good is it to have a midfielder who can receive the ball directly from the keeper while being pressured from behind who manages to keep his composure?

I was so sick of seeing the likes of Bruno, Fred, Pogba and Eriksen (still nightmares from that Brentford game) choking in that position so regularly and giving chances away

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Amongst the best midfielders to have ever played for this club probably, even including his time here.

Andersonson

It really isn't.
No one has ever come in and been such a huge upgrade before.
Or tell me a bigger upgrade from McTominay or Fred to Casemiro?
I can't think of anything close.
Im not denying he has been an insane upgrade on any of them. I never did. But you claimed he has made the most impact in history....

Do you remember Cantona? Henry for Arsenal? Maradonna for Napoli? And many many more

Raven

This is probably the highest level midfield play I remember at this club. He really is incredible.

Orion.

Reminds me of when Yaya Toure joined City and became more than just an anchor in Spain. He’s simply phenomenal.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
He's consistently world class, which is weird because a lot of people who watched him at Real said he often only did the job for them in the big games/CL. Maybe my standards are just lower after having such a poor midfield for years but, bloody hell he's so good.

mu4c_20le

He's consistently world class, which is weird because a lot of people who watched him at Real said he often only did the job for them in the big games/CL. Maybe my standards are just lower after having such a poor midfield for years but, bloody hell he's so good.
It's because playing next to Kroos and Modric makes him look like a water carrier.

BorisManUtd

Can't praise him enough but now hope he gets a lot of rest vs Everton and Charlton. Need him for City and Arsenal games.

Long Time Red

Im not denying he has been an insane upgrade on any of them. I never did. But you claimed he has made the most impact in history....

Do you remember Cantona? Henry for Arsenal? Maradonna for Napoli? And many many more
I was talking about our history. Cantona is definitely comparable but I'm still not sure he was as transformation as Casemiro.

Sylar

Our best midfielder since Roy Keane.

Majestic with everything he does

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
It's because playing next to Kroos and Modric makes him look like a water carrier.
True enough. He has more freedom with us to do his thing, which is good. I wonder if his family are settling in to the area as well because I'd like to think they're all enjoying his time at this club.

Vapor trail

If we put another midfield who has just a fraction of his ability next to him the team will go up several levels. He's the only truly world class player I can think of that United have signed in the last decade. These are the types of performance levels you anticipate from an individual who has won consecutive UCL titles.

Mike Smalling

He is also now casually swinging in worldie crosses from deep.

Probably my favorite player at the moment. Oozes class.

Waynne

We really need to sign a midfielder of equal quality next to him and move Eriksen further up to provide competition for Bruno.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
If we put another midfield who has just a fraction of his ability next to him the team will go up several levels. He's the only truly world class player I can think of that United have signed in the last decade. These are the types of performance levels you anticipate from an individual who has won consecutive UCL titles.
Well not really. Varane for example fits that bill perfectly.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Every now and then I remember that this man literally died... And is now putting in ridiculous shifts for Manchester United.

It's crazy.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
I swear I clicked on the Eriksen thread!

Casemiro will never die, in fact we'll develop anti ageing injections to keep him like this forever.
Seeing how dreadful we were in finally getting a WC dm the last time we needed one that's probably our best bet.

We got immensely fortunate with cas, we really did.

CallyRed

I'm worried that If I ever see him out in public, I'll have to run up to him and squeeze his chubby chops.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
He’s brilliant. He’s one of those players you see on the pitch and you can’t see how you can lose with him.

Long Time Red

Having thought about it, I honestly think he's the most transformational signing in our history and it's not even close.

Cantona came into a team that was already good having finished second the season before and was just lacking goals.

Casemiro has come into a team that finished 7th last season and was absolutely dogshit not to mention had a shocking start of the season with those terrible losses to Brighton and Brentford.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Since 2015/16 the season in which he started to feature more prominently for Madrid they only failed to reach the 84 League tally point on two occasions one in which they won the Champions League and the other in which they clearly had internal problems with their managerial selections.

He clearly has a howler of a game in his. Here and there as we saw early last season but you don't get those League finishes by having an inconsistent performer in your team especially in the position that he played.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
I’m desperate for us to make Champions League for multiple reasons. One of which is just so we can see this guy play for us in the competition.

He just oozes class.

glasgow 21

Unfortunately i have the same but different levels of fear when casemiro plays as i do when maguire plays. In fact is more as I think it would be devastating to the team if he was injured.

Trequarista10

Is it too early/pessimistic to start worrying about how we will possibly replace him when he begins to dwindle with age!?

I hope he can keep up this level for a few years, but realistically I think we need to throw everything at fixing the rest of the squad as soon as possible whilst Casemiro is performing like this. It will be a travesty if we spend his few good years "in transition". He's good enough to turn a good side into a very good side, and he's good enough to turn a very good side into a title winning side. Getting a De Jong type who is in their prime to partner him is mandatory, add in a top CF and freshen up some of the squad players, and Casemiro could lift a PL trophy imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.