Celebrity Allegations, #MeToo etc

redmeister

Reminds me of when someone leaves Scientology. He's been famous for shagging for years. The #metoo thing has been going on for years. Brand has in recent years become increasingly anti elitist and has grown a mass following outside the mainstream. I'll reserve judgement until after the show, but my initial insitinct is he's as easy a target as Liam Gallagher would be if he turned political and started quetioning the Neo Con - Marxist axis.

Withnail

Reminds me of when someone leaves Scientology. He's been famous for shagging for years. The #metoo thing has been going on for years. Brand has in recent years become increasingly anti elitist and has grown a mass following outside the mainstream. I'll reserve judgement until after the show, but my initial insitinct is he's as easy a target as Liam Gallagher would be if he turned political and started quetioning the Neo Con - Marxist axis.
He's pushing the 'silencing me' line, which will obviously play to his fanbase, but does anyone actually pay attention to what Brand says?

Is anyone worried he's 'calling them out'?

Also Neo-Con Marxist axis? Who's that then?

stw2022

The first person the deep state would turn to silence would naturally be an online conspiracy theorist who has long since become largely irrelevant to mainstream consciousness, shouting into the wind with nine-dozen others in the exact same position.

It's pure fear from the blob that he's on the verge of exposing the whole of western civilisation by ham-fistedly including the word 'baroque' in a sentence when literally four hundred and twenty-five other more suitable and more common words would suffice.

They're only attacking the American XL because it knows to much. We are their media.

That'sHernandez

Ominously close to getting banned
Anyone calling themselves a ‘truth seeker’ unironically is peddling bullshit because their previous career is in tatters.

I’m surprised the rape allegations haven’t come sooner

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
People should be forced to write a short and simple essay on what they think Marxism is before being allowed to go on the internet.

miked99

People should be forced to write a short and simple essay on what they think Marxism is before being allowed to go on the internet.
That's exactly what a member of the Borgeouise busy oppressing the Proletariat would say :nono:

Halftrack

:lol:

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member

Conor

Did you know that there's a direct correlation between the decline of Spirograph and the rise in gang activity? Think about it.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
Jaysus, shave your neck mate, and go get out of the house for a bit.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
I find it incredibly odd that ‘anti-elitist’ gets increasingly used to describe people who support Trump / Republican Party and are Putin apologists.

It’s an amazing mind trick that the right have pulled to make people genuinely believe that being right wing / conservative is somehow going against the Elites… rather than with them.

We had it also in UK with Brexit - ‘stick it to the Elite by voting Brexit’… like, really!? You’re really buying this?

It’s amazing. It’s real, genuine, bonafide Doublethink.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
I find it incredibly odd that ‘anti-elitist’ gets increasingly used to describe people who support Trump / Republican Party and are Putin apologists.

It’s an amazing mind trick that the right have pulled to make people genuinely believe that being right wing / conservative is somehow going against the Elites… rather than with them.

We had it also in UK with Brexit - ‘stick it to the Elite by voting Brexit’… like, really!? You’re really buying this?

Absolutely. The reframing they've managed to pull off over the years is quite something.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably

By elite I think people understand "status quo". As in, they (rightly) don't like the way things are but don't necessarily know why, and then an "anti-elitist" comes along and tells them it's because of Bill Gates or immigrants or whatever so they'll go along with that because it matches their feeling that something isn't right with the world

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?

Part of what's going on here is people feeling that globalization has passed them by. And those responsible for globalization are the cause of their problems.

tomaldinho1

I once met someone who thought comic con was a guise for ‘commie con’ and then had decided that all the marvel cartoons and dress up was a front for communists to meet in large numbers.
Would this be for lovers of the Matrix and Con Air films?

Trequarista10

Neo Con - Marxist axis.
There is no Neo Con - Marxist alliance.

The traditional right wing attack Neo Cons by calling them Marxist, playing into the general population's fear of Marxism based on decades old anti-Communist propaganda. It's an attack more commonly used in the US as Britain doesn't have the same boogeyman fear of Marxism.

Neo Cons pay lip service to some Marxist or left wing terminology or social policies, but largely purely on surface level, to present themselves as more likeable to the left wing and/or profit from them.

What we're really lacking is some genuine Marxism. The closest we've had in recent years would be Sanders and Corbyn, and it was the Neo Cons that sabotaged them, not the traditional right wing.

Real Name

cafecillos

Of all the stupidity coming from the right in recent times, which is an inordinate amount, the use of the words Marxism/Marxist is probably the most extravagant for me. It quite literally never has any connection whatsoever with the actual meaning of the words.

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
Of all the stupidity coming from the right in recent times, which is an inordinate amount, the use of the words Marxism/Marxist is probably the most extravagant for me. It quite literally never has any connection whatsoever with the actual meaning of the words.
Words don't mean anything anymore.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout

Raoul

Admin
Staff

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
To be clear, are you saying that the exploitation of Haitian children is not a pleasant watch, or are you saying that the Clintons are pedophiles who kidnapped children for the satanic illuminati?
I’m edging towards the latter. Could be wrong though. Hope I am.

ColvaleGoa

To be clear, are you saying that the exploitation of Haitian children is not a pleasant watch, or are you saying that the Clintons are pedophiles who kidnapped children for the satanic illuminati?

Oh no..I was just highlighting the Forest Gump one. I could not even get myself to watch the Haiti video,,that might be too disturbing for me.