Champions League Round of 16 (13th Feb - 14th Mar)

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
They turned over a pretty much full strength Madrid and even without Dybala this Juve team are hardly just there to make up the numbers.

Look at how well they move the ball and press and the composure they've shown to come back into this game. If we were 2-0 down after 10 mins against Juve I would have bet my house that we wouldn't come back.
I feel the same. I don't think we have the mentality to face real adversity. Well we showed exactly that away to Spurs so its pretty obvious even.

AlwaysRed66

yeah I'm not having that. They are 5th you are right, but their position certainly isn't a reflection on how good they are> Spurs atm along with that blue shite are playing the best stuff in the PL for me.
I agree with you. I think we have got five good teams in the Champions League this season, & it is not impossible we could have half the Quarter finalists.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Can't decide if Juve looked awful or Spurs were really good, probably a bit of both.

Apart from that crazy first 10 mins Tottenham were on top all night, well deserved draw.

City absolutely blew Basel away. They were rubbish against us but we failed to go for the throat, this city team certainly do that.

GM K

Impressive Spurs display. They looked solid, confident and very much the part. But the Juve injuries helped out.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Not switching the conversation but you would swear on this place that they were City, Liverpool, Spurs fan sometimes. The Premier League is one of the best entertaining wise but for people to say it's the best league in the world is false. Also how in the name of god can it be the best league in the world when City are romping it by 16 points? There hasn't been a proper title race for years in the Premier League since 2012-13 when Liverpool, City and Chelsea were going for the league. It's been a one-horse league since then
I've been disparaging of the idea in recent years but it's hard to deny the top bunch within the PL have all improved significantly in the past year so. I'm not convinced City are the very best in Europe but they're right up there, hence their running away with the league this year. Spurs have demonstrated their capabilities against top teams from several leagues as well.

Ban

I hate City but their counters are deadly and given how many chances Barcelona provides to their opponents they would get slaughtered imo.
Barcelona would get slaughtered? It's one thing to say City will go through but get slaughtered?
Come on now.

slored1

Mousa Dembele is my favourite player to watch. A combination of strength, technique, calmness and he can also be a bit of a cnut. Really immense today.

Moonred

Not switching the conversation but you would swear on this place that they were City, Liverpool, Spurs fan sometimes. The Premier League is one of the best entertaining wise but for people to say it's the best league in the world is false. Also how in the name of god can it be the best league in the world when City are romping it by 16 points? There hasn't been a proper title race for years in the Premier League since 2012-13 when Liverpool, City and Chelsea were going for the league. It's been a one-horse league since then
Are you lost? Pipe down with the insults and making a fool of yourself repeatedly. Accept the fact that laughing with gazillion green smileys mocking the PL after 10 mins was premature. People have explained multiple times what PL probably is currently. It is probably the most entertaining and chances are along with City there are few top sides who are ready to compete with other equally good sides in Europe. Not hard to get.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
Good result for Spurs: to come back from 2 - 0 down ... and to score 2 against the defensive fortress of Juve at home.

I think we dominated the game overall and showed that the away draw to Real Madrid - and our home win against that same team - was no fluke.

With 2 away goals - and home tie yet to come - I fancy us now to go through. It will still be tough, but we've given ourselves every chance.

haram

Honestly, not a bad result for Juve given who they were missing. If they have a healthy squad at Wembley they should progress
Still dont see them winning with their players back. Maybe a 2-2 to take it to ET.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
One horse league, but with a different horse every year?

diarm

So that's Dortmund, Madrid and Turin Spurs have been to this season without being beaten. Impressive.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
I hate City but their counters are deadly and given how many chances Barcelona provides to their opponents they would get slaughtered imo.
I think they'd give them an excellent game and would have a strong chance of beating them but I still think Barca would be narrow favourites - City sometimes have their own defensive frailties and Messi would be sure to take advantage of those.

Spirit of Solskjaer

So City thrash a Swiss side and they're now the best team in Europe and would slaughter Barcelona? :lol: This place is hilarious sometimes.

Treble

Dybala will be available for the second leg. Nothing is decided yet. Spurs are favourites though.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Great game and great result. It's a shame we have to wait so long for the second leg
It really is if they played next week juve would go out :devil:

And again - spurs match up well against juventus :lol:

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
Have to say other than and offside goal and a brain fart we owned them tonight.
*two brain farts
Slightly lucky that Higuain bottled the second penalty!

Well done to Spurs though. :)

Guess Spurs are favorites to progress now.

Gesalt

You need to see more Barca matches this season.

el3mel

Hard to say Juve were pushed back on purpose after 2-0 lead. On the contrary Spurs forced them to go deep. Their midfield outplayed Juve's and that was the result.

Also hard to say but I wish we see Pogba dominating midfield like Dembele today. Pogba has all the quality and physicality to do that.

Peanut Butter

La Liga and Serie A are pub leagues these days. Spurs shocked Juve tonight.

Can't see who will stop Man City. Maybe PSG?

Irish Jet

Supports
Anyone but Rashford
Poch to me is still the most impressive manager in the country. Amazing the shit he was getting on here a few months ago after a few poor results. I suppose that's the standard he's taken Spurs to - People even forget they're Spurs.

Four extremely impressive displays in a row in big games. Players like Dembele, Kane and Eriksen all in outstanding form. Still have the likes of Wanyama, Alderweireld, Son, Lucas etc. in reserve. They're a dangerous team in this competition.

They started nervously obviously, to be expected given their inexperience at this level but once they settled they were the far better team.

Irrational.

Its impressive how so many of Spurs' signings that they bought 'under the radar' a few years ago are now coming to the fore and hitting their primes: Eriksen, Dembele, Lloris, Dier, Vertonghen were all considered too low profile for the bigger clubs and bought for peanuts. And they outshone their Juve counterparts tonight.

They are the most shrewd team at doing business in the league, in my opinion.

Rajma

Barcelona would get slaughtered? It's one thing to say City will go through but get slaughtered?
Come on now.
That’s just my opinion, I watched almost every game of Barcelona this season, they really tend to switch off a lot during the games and leave enormous gaps that average opponents in La Liga are unable to take advantage off somehow.

marktan

I don't claim it's the best league but it's up there and the argument I'd make is that the top 6 sides of the league are stronger than any of the top 6 of any other league. City are doing very well but the 16 points argument doesn't automatically make the other 4 behind them weak, especially when you consider how well english teams have been doing in the CL and that Bayern, Barca and PSG are running away with their leagues too.

The thing is I only ever have have this debate when other people play down the PL, as many did in the first 10 mins of today's match. It's a league that's very good and the top 6 have gotten a lot stronger over the last few years.

Number1

You're seriously underrating Barcelona and Messi. Have you seen them playing?
And maybe City is the closest to Pep's Barcelona in the way they play, but they still need to win something to be mentioned in the same breath with that team.
I'm not underrating Barcelona at all, i know they are a good side with a player who's one of the greatest in history (Messi) still at the peak of his powers, but they arn't as good as previous years and City are an absolute monster who have destroyed many teams put in front of them this season including the likes Liverpool/Chelsea/United/Spurs/Serie A leaders Napoli.

I honestly believe City would go through Barcelona's defense at will.

Ban

That’s just my opinion, I watched almost every game of Barcelona this season, they really switch off a lot during the games and leave enormous gaps that average opponents in La Liga are unable to take advantage off somehow.
I think Messi, Suarez and co will be asked something too. :)

Wayne's World

Anyway I'm going to leave it like this. Spurs deserved a draw and Juventus need players back for the second leg. Dybala and Matuidi were big losses tonight but Spurs are in a different situation to what they have been in before.

It's a stick or twist job for them now. Do they try and go for it and finish off Juventus or sit back and hope Juventus don't play as poorly as tonight

el3mel

That’s just my opinion, I watched almost every game of Barcelona this season, they really tend to switch off a lot during the games and leave enormous gaps that average opponents in La Liga are unable to take advantage off somehow.
Barca don't need to pull their full efforts to win the crap La Liga games.

They're my favorite to win CL this season.

Ban

I'm not underrating Barcelona at all, i know they are a good side with a player who's one of the greatest in history (Messi) still at the peak of his powers, but they arn't as good as previous years and City are an absolute monster who have destroyed many teams put in front of them this season including the likes Liverpool/Chelsea/United/Spurs/Serie A leaders Napaoli.

I honestly believe City would go through Barcelona's defense at will.
So Barcelona will defend most of the time, including Messi and Suarez? I mean I get City is fantastic this year but it's not that Barcelona are such a shambles City will destroy them and they won't fire a bullet..

NieThePiet

Supports
Werder Bremen, Arsenal
PSG is to much hyped for me. They aren't tested in the League and all games against the better teams (lose against Lyon, Draw against Marseille, close win against Monaco) were pretty close.
They won against a Bayern Team with Ancelotti, which was completely out of form.

Still think they have a good chance against Real, because they aren't good defensively.
1. City 2. Barca

Fraud

If anything, these results are proof that the Premier League is the toughest competition. The level has improved a lot.