g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Champions League Round of 16 (13th Feb - 14th Mar)

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
Won't be a popular opinion but I'd say they're better than us too at the moment, league position aside.
Maybe if they were beating Juve with dybala and Matuidi i would say that. Dont think they are better than us either, probably same level and the only difference is form.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
I don't think Eriksen has made a bad decision in his life. There's him and 21 players out there, playing his game.

diarm

What United could do with a lad who takes a corner like that!

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
So far, the teams above them have performed better. Hence why they have more points.
The league never lies mate, you aren't wrong about that. There is no denying though that they are in a rich vein of form and if it continues they will be in the top 4 no problem.

Canagel

Who was it here that said they wished we had Allegri over Jose? He's pretty much out-Jose'd Jose.
Allegri, Simeone and Mourinho are cut from the same cloth. I'd rather keep Mourinho than replace him with another defensive manager.

RedDevil@84

Surely we have the personnel to press like this? Front line is full of pace.
But we have no balance in the front attack and more importantly there is not so much connect in the game between our midfield and front.

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
Are you happy to see English teams do well in Europe? As in seeing Liverpool v Man City in Kiev for the final?

Because I don't and to be honest, I don't think any English side right now is better then PSG and Barcelona despite what anyone says
Nice attempt at switching the conversation :lol:

Kaos

Is it weird that I hate spurs so much but I also want them to win?
Nope, I enjoy them losing in the league but want them to do well in Europe. At least to shut up those who arrogantly knock the PL.

City or Liverpool on the other hand can still get fecked.

Zlaatan

Parody Account
best post in the thread?
What, are you implying that the first 10min of the first half of one of the CL round of 16 games which features the 5th placed team of the PL doesn't determine how good the PL is???

kidbob

But we have no balance in the front attack and more importantly there is not so much connect in the game between our midfield and front.
Yeah it's something Jose really needs to work on, it's become a vital part of the game.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
What, are you implying that the first 10min of the first half of one of the CL round of 16 games which features the 5th placed team of the PL doesn't determine how good the PL is???
:lol:

Jake

Mine's too big and gay.
No same for me. Tonight though my hatred for Italian teams is taking over easily. Spurs has this in the bag
I dont particularly hate Italian teams - I just don’t think our league gets enough justice.

Spurs are top 4 really in our league - and they have outplayed Juve here really on their ground.

I like to see our home teams give a fight abroad in the champions league.

Ban

City would go through Barcelona with ease, PSG would be more of a contest but still think City would be too much for them too.

Obviously anything can happen in football, Liverpool or United could beat city over 2 legs, but on paper for me City are the best in Europe.
Would they?

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Pretty sure he was touch and go for this game? I googled his name and there were links saying wasn't going to be risked, so should be back 3 weeks from now
Ian Darke on BT said so but he likes the sound of his own voice so he could be talking shit..

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
City would go through Barcelona with ease, PSG would be more of a contest but still think City would be too much for them too.

Obviously anything can happen in football, Liverpool or United could beat city over 2 legs, but on paper for me City are the best in Europe.
No they wouldn't.

Traub

It's getting hard for the Ballon D'or committee to not award De Gea Best GK in the World now. Knowing his luck Ederson will win it.
It’ll come down to the World Cup for the goalkeeper. The goalkeeper of the World Cup winning team usually has a decisive influence on one big knockout game which wins them the crown of world’s best goalkeeper for the next few years.