g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Champions League Round of 16 (13th Feb - 14th Mar)

GM K

Cuadrado would probably have started on the right as well.

Barzagli, Lichtsteiner and Höwedes até injured in defense. No one would start, though.
Barzagli is a key player for Juventus.

Emptihead

Supports
Manchester City
The american commentator who keeps referring to the match as the "series" is doing my head in.
American commentators in general are terrible. NBC sports realized that so don't use them. Usually just watch games on mute when it's ESPN or fox sports because of how bad the commentators are.

Wayne's World

Nice attempt at switching the conversation :lol:
Not switching the conversation but you would swear on this place that they were City, Liverpool, Spurs fan sometimes. The Premier League is one of the best entertaining wise but for people to say it's the best league in the world is false. Also how in the name of god can it be the best league in the world when City are romping it by 16 points? There hasn't been a proper title race for years in the Premier League since 2012-13 when Liverpool, City and Chelsea were going for the league. It's been a one-horse league since then

Ban

Not switching the conversation but you would swear on this place that they were City, Liverpool, Spurs fan sometimes. The Premier League is one of the best entertaining wise but for people to say it's the best league in the world is false. Also how in the name of god can it be the best league in the world when City are romping it by 16 points? There hasn't been a proper title race for years in the Premier League since 2012-13 when Liverpool, City and Chelsea were going for the league. It's been a one-horse league since then
Let it go mate.

Kaos

Maybe if they were beating Juve with dybala and Matuidi i would say that. Dont think they are better than us either, probably same level and the only difference is form.
They turned over a pretty much full strength Madrid and even without Dybala this Juve team are hardly just there to make up the numbers.

Look at how well they move the ball and press and the composure they've shown to come back into this game. If we were 2-0 down after 10 mins against Juve I would have bet my house that we wouldn't come back.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
City is clearly from another level but Basel was atrocious. I can't believe Benfica got crushed by these guys :lol:

el3mel

Historic result for Spurs that.

However the second tie is still open if Dybala and Matiudi become fit. Both teams can bottle any result I guess. :D

Number1

Would they?
I think they would yeah or i wouldn't have said it, have you seen City play this season?

They are the closest team i've seen to Pep's Barcelona, you know what some call 'the best team in history'.

mav_9me

Allegri should've started with 3 in midfield, Spurs and Dembele especially have dominated central midfield too easily.
I think you have to always play 3 in CM against Spurs because that's how they take control of the match, with 3 CM (Eriksen as controller in final 3rd) and Alli amost a 4th CM. So you cannot play 2 man midfield against them.

Zlaatan

Parody Account
Just saw this:-

====
Prior to Harry Kane's goal, Gianluigi Buffon had not conceded goals for 694 consecutive minutes between Juventus and Italy (the previous one was Sweden's goal last November).
===

Don't know whether to put that down to Spurs being good today or Serie A being shite.
The only conclusion there is to draw from that is that Sweden is in the WC and Italy isn't. :cool:

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
feck off Juventus bottlers! You and the Champions League just don't get along well. Need Dybala back now or they are going out for sure.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I dont particularly hate Italian teams - I just don’t think our league gets enough justice.

Spurs are top 4 really in our league - and they have outplayed Juve here really on their ground.

I like to see our home teams give a fight abroad in the champions league.
I personally don't give a feck about comparing leagues. I just love Man Utd and I don't care much for the rest.
However I think it is nice to see a bit o change in Europe, Juventus took part of 2 finals in recent years. It is time to feck off for a bit now.
Same with Real Madrid tomorrow hopefully.
Variety is good for the CL.

GM K

This is absolutely untrue. I agree the bench could be strengthened, but aside from Dybala, that is plainly untrue.
How is it untrue? So key players of a team are only the starters? A team is rubbish when it loses it's ability to be tactically flexible. And 'aside from Dybala'? That's the talisman for the team right there.

Nedved

Just saw this:-

====
Prior to Harry Kane's goal, Gianluigi Buffon had not conceded goals for 694 consecutive minutes between Juventus and Italy (the previous one was Sweden's goal last November).
===

Don't know whether to put that down to Spurs being good today or Serie A being shite.
Meaningless stat. Buffon has been injured for a while and Sczeszny has been replacing him very well for some time.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
I think Spurs will get through this one now.
They are certainly favourites now. Got the result away and have clear advantage at home. The only thing Juventus got going is that they have more experience at this stage.

Ban

I think they would yeah or i wouldn't have said it, have you seen City play this season?

They are the closest team to Pep's Barcelona, you know what some call 'the best team in history'.
You're seriously underrating Barcelona and Messi. Have you seen them playing?
And maybe City is the closest to Pep's Barcelona in the way they play, but they still need to win something to be mentioned in the same breath with that team.

K_Ash

it is a bit upsetting, 'Spurs go to the 'old lady' and dominate while i fully expect Mou to park the bus in Sevilla...a bit upsetting

KC91

Honestly, not a bad result for Juve given who they were missing. If they have a healthy squad at Wembley they should progress

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Excitement guaranteed in the return match. (Juve-Spurs, not the City one :wenger:)

diarm

Couple of glimpses of Eriksen and Moura linking up there. I reckon those two could be very effective together - the Brazilians pace and the lines he'll run will be like sheet music for Eriksen.

mav_9me

Brilliant performance from Spurs and a result their performance deserved.

Down 2-0, easy to go dominate possession against a Juve team happy to sit back. But its the last 20 mins when they were tied 2-2 that they still continued to dominate. Very very impressive.