Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Defensive mistakes happen. People like to kneejerk to them but the reality is they happen dozens of times throughout a season at the best clubs. What is a concern us the uncertainty he's played with all season. He should've commanded that first situation but he's playing with so much less confidence and conviction now. I wouldn't be surprised to see him out of the team before the end of the season.

saivet

First one should have dealt with it himself, but Blind and DDG more culpable.

Second goal he wasn't tight on Cahill at all, but the deflection off Herrera's back was lucky really.

J-Stander

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I don't get how he can play football nearly every day yet looks like it's the first time he's seen a ball when he receives it. You'll find people on the street who are better on the ball.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
Needs to be sold. Just not good enough at positioning himself, having to make up for that with physicality is just bad.
To good for the bench, to shit for a proper top team.

Ps.
Obviously i went too far in my post in the match day thread were i wished injury upon him. Now that im a bit calmer i of course dont wish that upon anyone.

thepolice123

Looks uncomfortable defending zonally and with his left foot. They are concentrating their attacks in the channel between him and Blind which is a major weakness. At the moment they are throwing in balls to that area and making diagonal runs. We need someone who can sit infront of the Defence.

Minimalist

Him and Phil Jones are prime examples of the English overrating their own.

Directly responsible for both goals and very nearly a third. I would far rather Blind at CB and Shaw LB.

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
he will get majority of blame for both goals but he is just slightly at fault for both.....
first one he is only at fault if De Gea didnt shout for the ball, then all 3 of them share the blame with Smalling and De Gea taking the bigger piece of cake. If De Gea shouted and to me it looks like that its only him to blame.
Second goal, ball should be dealt at first post and it wasnt, after that unlucky rebound from Herrera as Smalling was going for the ball so he left the gap behind. If he stayed, ball went past Herrera someone would complain why no one went for the ball...in the end we defended the corner poorly as a team, Smalling did a small mistake and we were just unlucky with the deflection.

binary bot
It's like he puts so much effort into marking a man that he loses every other facet of his game. Today it's one of the best strikers in the game and he has no idea what to do outside of trying to prevent Costa scoring.

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
Him and Gary Cahill are at a similar level. Decent to good centre backs who have too many mares to be considered among the best centre backs in the league.

mav_9me

Defensive mistakes happen. People like to kneejerk to them but the reality is they happen dozens of times throughout a season at the best clubs. What is a concern us the uncertainty he's played with all season. He should've commanded that first situation but he's playing with so much less confidence and conviction now. I wouldn't be surprised to see him out of the team before the end of the season.
Yeah..you can't play at that level with his uncertain manner this season. Down to a lack of confidence IMO.

LouisDanGaal

If blind would have made the mistakes he made on both goals the comments would be along the lines of, 'not a natural centre back'

Revan

Assumptionman
So the Caf has finally turned on him? I really thought that people were on drugs last season when they proclaimed Smalling as the best CB in the league.

A very average player who had a few good months at the beginning of last season. Have been saying it for a year now, but none was listening.

Minimalist

So the Caf has finally turned on him? I really thought that people were on drugs last season when they proclaimed Smalling as the best CB in the league.

A very average player who had a few good months at the beginning of last season. Have been saying it for a year now, but none was listening.
Ferguson bought him though. So he had to have top CB potential. Or something.

Raw

At fault for all goals today, what a woeful performance.

Can this please be like that City game where he got sent off and he ended up being pretty good for the rest of the season? Please?

Meller

Shocking today and has been bad for most of 2016. One good half season and people went overboard completely.

Robbie Boy

Typical of this place overrating the feck out of our bang average players.

Meller

Smalling being outdribbled by Kanté. That's something alright.

Minimalist

Just got mugged off again. Our 'leader'. Our commanding centre back.

Times up. Him and Phil Jones can feck off.

J-Stander

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Worst individual performance I've seen in years, possibly ever.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
At fault for another goal. You can buy Ronaldo, Bale and Modric but when you've got clowns like him, you've got no chance.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Put someone like Bonucci near him and he'll do good. We need some men in this team

Status
Not open for further replies.