Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
How does Smalling have an average rating of 5.7?
Because Bailly is a shiny new toy. Blind is the golden boy. And some fans can't seem to appreciate that we can have 3 great defenders all at once.

His rating was in the mid 4's just a month or so ago.

m1y2

I'm fecking sick of seeing him grab opponents' shirts. How stupid is he? He's constantly giving away freekicks for it and today it could have been even more costly. He needs to cut it out because it's only a matter of time before he gets punished at the worst possible time.
...he was punished for it costly only once in his career, it's part of the defending, if it helps him to stay on the player and not let him go without conceding costly foul, I don't care. Some of the very best defenders do it too..

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Because Bailly is a shiny new toy. Blind is the golden boy. And some fans can't seem to appreciate that we can have 3 great defenders all at once.

His rating was in the mid 4's just a month or so ago.
It's actually baffling how that really does seem to happen - even before Smalling started playing many had written him off and concluded Bailly needs a brand new senior partner.

MichaelKorleone

How does Smalling have an average rating of 5.7?
Possibly because he started the season with 1-0 against Feyenoord and 3-1 vs Watford. Not sure he spent enough time on the pitch for his Soton & Hull performances to be rated. He must have got good ratings for Leicester match (scored a goal) but Caf was pissed at the final score of Zorya and Stoke so everyone gets 4s after such results usually. Don't think Liverpool match ratings are aggregated yet (I can be wrong). Probably that explains it?

Pulling shirts will be a bigger problem this season compared to his previous seasons or our former defenders because of the new rule I guess. You know Dean or Atkinson or Oliver are going to give a penalty against us at least once this season for the same reason. Remember Dean giving it for Vidic shirt pull against Pompey once (we also got a peno in the same game) as well as against Newcastle last season (ditto).

villain

Hates Beyoncé
It's actually baffling how that really does seem to happen - even before Smalling started playing many had written him off and concluded Bailly needs a brand new senior partner.
I think people were looking for a reason to discredit him since mid-late last season tbh. Suddenly he became overrated, clumsy, lucky etc.
The mistakes Blind made earlier in the season that led to a couple of goals, had Smalling made them - he would have been crucified for it.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
That's because he had a longish dip in form in the second half of last season. Including a few really awful performances. He was superb this time last year so here's hoping he keeps it up for the whole season this time round. When he's on top of his game there's not many better out there.

Raw

Mourinho on Smalling: "He had a bad muscular feeling. We were 3-0 up so we decided to change. Hopefully he can recover for the weekend."

Bwuk

Mourinho on Smalling: "He had a bad muscular feeling. We were 3-0 up so we decided to change. Hopefully he can recover for the weekend."
That's huge blow especially since Shaw is woeful at the moment,

DWelbz19

Feck sake, I really do hope it's minor.

DWelbz19

He was stepped on by RVP. That have something to do with it?
That was really early in the game though, so I don't think so. Unless it continued playing through until HT.

Chelsea 4:0 Man Utd

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Totally at fault for the Chelsea opening goal in my opinion. Watches the ball coming (which bounces a matter of yards from him) then points and moves out of the way. The rest is bad (Blind letting Pedro run off him, De Gea in no man's land) but if he does the basic defensive job he's supposed to do then there is no goal and no problems thereafter.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
Totally at fault for the Chelsea opening goal in my opinion. Watches the ball coming (which bounces a matter of yards from him) then points and moves out of the way. The rest is bad (Blind letting Pedro run off him, De Gea in no man's land) but if he does the basic defensive job he's supposed to do then there is no goal and no problems thereafter.
Ssssh, you're talking too much sense.

Minimalist

This is my view. Blind does get done but so can many full backs. What Smalling does just proves he's got feck all leadership. He should be binning Pedro there at the very least.

JoaquinJoaquin

Today is the perfect example of why he will never be a top cb. Concentration levels are awful.

Minimalist

When you combine it with the fact he's so poor on the ball (with his feet) I just don't know how hes first XI material. Even Bailly has more composure and he's supposed to be adjusting.

All 3 United

His tinfoil hat protects him from the Glazers.
I've said it before and I'll say it again we need a new top draw CB. The lads a liability.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Watch the replay. DDG calls for it. Smalling then steps aside from it to let DDG set to clear it. Smalling doesn't know where Pedro is. It's Blind's man. Blind plays him onside, Blind then doesn't even continue to run with him. Blind should be calling to Smalling to get rid of it. It's several errors from Blind in one piece of play.

Blind, DDG, Smalling, in that order.

NinjaFletch

No way for the first goal .... it looked like he was asked to leave it. That plus Blind playing Pedro onside by quite a few yards,
He sat there and watched the ball bounce. Even a 13th choice centre-back for the Doncaster Rovers 3rd team knows not to do that.

Giggsy92

Hope he hasn't been rushed back from whatever injury he picked up on Thursday.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
It's disappointing how he's not build on his great form from the first half of last season. Still prone to brain farts.

Bwuk

He is nowhere near the level of centre half we require. Bailly is, Smalling is nowhere near that and people need to stop deluding themselves inregards to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.